Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Monk » MNK ACP body
MNK ACP body
 Fairy.Yakutatazu
Server: Fairy
Game: FFXI
By Fairy.Yakutatazu 2009-09-28 14:11:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Enternius said:
A MNK/DRK with Faith Baghnakhs and capped Haste is faster than a DRK with Kclub and capped Haste.

Big problem with this, while under the affect of Hundred Fists haste and slow have 0 effect on you. Adding haste gear or slow gear will not affect your hit rate at all, only base weapon delay will. That being said it's pointless to gear for haste at all as Mnk/Drk, it's better to gear towards outputting damage to avoid the wasted stat.

Back on topic though, ACP > Shura for tp. Togi can perhaps be better for Asuran Fists granted you have an Anwig Salade with proper stats. The difference is minimal either way, if you have a togi already it's probably best to just get an ACP body for another job. If you have no other job that can benefit from ACP body then go Acc/Atk, Crit and DA aren't as much of an approvement as Acc or Atk for Mnk.
 Fairy.Yakutatazu
By Fairy.Yakutatazu 2009-09-28 14:14:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Enternius said:
And he was doing double Madrigal, so whereas the MNK/DRK (Me) was at full speed (Obviously because of Hundred Fists), the DRK was not.

I'm confused as to why you need Madrigal in a zerg. I'm pretty sure you're not going to do dyna w/o a Thf, and Feint should provide enough Eva down to not require Double Mad.
 Siren.Enternius
Server: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-09-28 14:16:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Yakutatazu said:
Big problem with this, while under the affect of Hundred Fists haste and slow have 0 effect on you.

Oh, yeah I meant as in normal not-HF circumstances.
 Fairy.Yakutatazu
By Fairy.Yakutatazu 2009-09-28 14:22:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Ahhhh, I've never really used Faiths outside /Drk or /Dnc so I can't really comment on DoT with them lol. Sorry for the misunderstanding.
 Siren.Enternius
Server: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-09-28 14:25:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Yakutatazu said:
Ahhhh, I've never really used Faiths outside /Drk or /Dnc so I can't really comment on DoT with them lol. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

They're great, really. If you can sustain enough virtue stones to last long.

I go through roughly 10 stacks of stones per merit party, give or take depending on the duration, but I get a lot of them because I still have like 20 Luminian Tissues I have to farm and no use for all the extra organs...
 Fairy.Vegetto
user: Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-09-28 14:26:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Enternius said:
I know, in ideal situations, yes, a Kclub DRK would be far better. I'm not saying my MNK is better than a DRK with Haste and SV Marchx2, but here's the thing.

We low-man pretty much everything we do. Taking DL with 15 people means less melee, more mages. That being said, we only have one BRD. Just one. And he was doing double Madrigal, so whereas the MNK/DRK (Me) was at full speed (Obviously because of Hundred Fists), the DRK was not.

Again, Kclub DRK > Faith MNK/DRK in ideal situations. These are not ideal situations.

Ok, that's good to know, next time I go do a zerg that's not even a proper one, I'll keep that in mind.
 Fairy.Vegetto
user: Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-09-28 14:30:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Btw, with your "mage heavy set" drop all the 2 of the dedicated healers to the mnk, throw in 2 more buffers have the mnk sub war. Will get more total dmg than mnk/drk and a gimp buffed kclub drk.
 Diabolos.Ghlin
Server: Diabolos
user: Ghlin
By Diabolos.Ghlin 2009-10-22 12:04:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Why kill DL w/o a THF for TH2? Or more importantly, Feint ruins evasion, and makes KC DRK hit well enough alone.

Also, a BRD can do many songs? I can easily give SV Marchx2 to one guy and SV Madrigalx2 to another...
 Shiva.Xellith
Server: Shiva
user: Xellith
By Shiva.Xellith 2009-10-22 12:30:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Ghlin said:
Why kill DL w/o a THF for TH2?

TH4 onry