Solo Farming Yorcia Skirmish.

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Puppet Master » Solo farming Yorcia Skirmish.
Solo farming Yorcia Skirmish.
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
Server: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2015-10-24 13:52:29
Link | Quote | Reply

YouTube Video Placeholder

You're going to need a lot of Taeon gear to play PUP well, and a lot of duskorbs/leaforbs/snoworbs. Sometimes, you can't get people together to farm them, or you just don't want to. A Pup with basic tanking gear and 100jp can solo Yorcia 1/1/1s without much of a problem. As you'll notice, I don't even need repair.

If you DO want to get a group together, having a puppet super tanking all the mobs that spawn can SIGNIFICANTLY speed up your Yorcia runs. If you aren't solo, after you drop your puppet off at the stronghold, you are free to roam around and kill for points. 5/5/5 runs usually take 15-20 minutes about, depending on how good your group is. I don't recommend trying that without some serious tanking gear, as even I can't keep my puppet alive when he has 20 mobs beating on him.
 Shiva.Rickis
Server: Shiva
user: Rickis
By Shiva.Rickis 2015-10-25 17:54:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia said: »
YouTube Video Placeholder

You're going to need a lot of Taeon gear to play PUP well, and a lot of duskorbs/leaforbs/snoworbs. Sometimes, you can't get people together to farm them, or you just don't want to. A Pup with basic tanking gear and 100jp can solo Yorcia 1/1/1s without much of a problem. As you'll notice, I don't even need repair.

If you DO want to get a group together, having a puppet super tanking all the mobs that spawn can SIGNIFICANTLY speed up your Yorcia runs. If you aren't solo, after you drop your puppet off at the stronghold, you are free to roam around and kill for points. 5/5/5 runs usually take 15-20 minutes about, depending on how good your group is. I don't recommend trying that without some serious tanking gear, as even I can't keep my puppet alive when he has 20 mobs beating on him.

Great demo Tru!! that will help a lot

Would you show the gear set you were using and why use whm head on puppet?
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2015-10-25 18:18:42
Link | Quote | Reply

ItemSet 338898

I don't need enmity in this set, so this is what I use. I don't have that goddamn Shepard's Chain, otherwise I would also use it.

The Valor Edge head is only useful to the additional fire/thunder slots. You don't need the extra earth for anything when you have 1200jp. You get an additional light slot with the Soulsoother head, so you can set Optic fiber and ARKs 3+4. I have over 400hp regen including repair with this setup. It's 300 something without it.