Kenkonken, 1200 And The Choice.

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Puppet Master » Kenkonken, 1200 and the choice.
Kenkonken, 1200 and the choice.
By Fuuki 2015-09-06 16:38:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Reading various posts I know Kenkonken is basicly capped Martial Arts, which was fantastic for Puppetmasters. Then came the Job Points, going as far as I could without gaining the 5 Martial Arts gift, or placing any points into the Martial Arts catagory I sat, until last update, content. Now I am reading things about the 1200 Job Point gift is really good, and I like that kind of thing. This brings me to my dilemma, I know going over the cap with Kenkonken is going to hurt me, but is the 1200 gift worth the trade off? Is it even a question to flat out stop using Kenkonken if I go for the 1200 cap? (it makes me sad to say that) Sorry if these are dumb questions, I am not a great maths person with all the spreadsheets and what not.

At any rate, any advice and suggestions from the comunity would be great :)
 Cerberus.Conagh
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2015-09-06 16:45:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Fuuki said: »
Reading various posts I know Kenkonken is basicly capped Martial Arts, which was fantastic for Puppetmasters. Then came the Job Points, going as far as I could without gaining the 5 Martial Arts gift, or placing any points into the Martial Arts catagory I sat, until last update, content. Now I am reading things about the 1200 Job Point gift is really good, and I like that kind of thing. This brings me to my dilemma, I know going over the cap with Kenkonken is going to hurt me, but is the 1200 gift worth the trade off? Is it even a question to flat out stop using Kenkonken if I go for the 1200 cap? (it makes me sad to say that) Sorry if these are dumb questions, I am not a great maths person with all the spreadsheets and what not.

At any rate, any advice and suggestions from the comunity would be great :)

The Mythic Hand to Hand has triple attack right?
By Fuuki 2015-09-06 16:54:28
Link | Quote | Reply

With Aftermath level 3, occasionally attacks 2-3 times (including pet)
 Cerberus.Conagh
Server: Cerberus
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2015-09-06 16:58:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Fuuki said: »
With Aftermath level 3, occasionally attacks 2-3 times (including pet)

Kenkonkek n will win for a long while then
[+]
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2015-09-06 17:02:00
Link | Quote | Reply

H2H OA2-3 only procs on one hand rather than both, which makes it questionably useful in all but the most ideal situations.

Given that the 1200 JP Gift is probably not the last Gift, I'd say you should go for it. Even if it's borderline useful due to the Martial Arts "Gift" penalties right now, it's almost certain that it will be useful in the future.
[+]
By Fuuki 2015-09-06 17:05:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for the advice guys! I had wondered, is it worth stacking store TP equipment to try and make up for the lost TP gain from the Martial Arts worth while? Or just stick with Triple attack?
 Shiva.Spathaian
Server: Shiva
user: Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2015-09-06 17:08:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Byrth said: »
H2H OA2-3 only procs on one hand rather than both, which makes it questionably useful in all but the most ideal situations.

Given that the 1200 JP Gift is probably not the last Gift, I'd say you should go for it. Even if it's borderline useful due to the Martial Arts "Gift" penalties right now, it's almost certain that it will be useful in the future.
This. Yes you're technically hurting your DPS if you cap Magic Haste, but as long as you're not stacking more MA gear on top of that you'll be fine.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2015-09-06 17:20:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Doing some minor math, it would probably drop you from 53 TP/hit to 52 TP/hit, which will ultimately make it take one more swing to get to 1000 TP. So that's what it costs you.
[+]
By Fuuki 2015-09-06 17:32:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Wow I thought that would be a lot worse! Thanks for the confirmation guys I really appreciate it! :)
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2015-09-13 14:40:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Byrth said: »

Questionably useful for MNK, sure. But remember that KKK aftermath also affects automaton, so is greatly useful for any meleeing puppet. OA2-3x, Acc, Atk on the puppet is a pet buff unrivaled by anything else in the game when your automaton is smacking stuff.

Even when pet tanking and not engaging with the master (PUP's biggest strength these days), opening a fight with 3000tp for a quick WS to get AM3 on the puppet (or popping with a fairly fresh AM3) is a big help and makes KKK worth it over other options with actual pet stats. My ideal pet tanking setup is KKK AM3 until it wears, then swap into my Ohrmazd with pet: DT-, Acc, STR/DRX/VIT (Midnights D are a pretty similar option for those without similar Alluvion weapon or the inclination to make one). You can't always manage it, but where possible it's pretty great.

As for when you are meleeing yourself, KKK's substantial boost to PUP's strongest WS well outweighs any minor TP/hit loss from slightly exceeding delay cap via Martial Arts. Just don't use any additional MA gear and you're fine. And remember, you're only exceeding cap if you're also getting capped magical haste.
[+]