How To Spawn Plouton?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Adoulin » How to spawn Plouton?
How to spawn Plouton?
First Page 2
 Cerberus.Kylos
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2015-07-21 19:11:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Having many mixed ways of popping Plouton during the Magic Burst phase. We tried it many different ways, but it doesn't want to upgrade.

Can anyone give a step-by-step instruction on how to do it with a SAM and three BLM please? Thank you.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2015-07-21 19:17:52
Link | Quote | Reply

magic burst needs to do at least 5k, not kill the mob, potentially has to be mob's weakness as well?

i always have pld pull ice elementals, dispel spikes, sam with soboro and acc buffs uses defender and skillchains light fudo->fudo, single blm bursts fire1 with no damage increasing buffs, if also doing perfidien the same or another blm can burst a second fire1 to kill it

the damage range can be troublesome if you don't have soboro/defender available, as it tends to be 75%+ of their hp
[+]
By maxsam 2015-07-21 19:30:19
Link | Quote | Reply

For first upgrade, kill elementals w/ opposite element(ex:water on fire eles) nuke using only T4,5,6 nukes.

For second upgrade, using SAM w/ soboro, setup skillchain w/ magic burst for opposite element again(ex:setup light SC fudo>fudo on ice eles) and magic burst using only tier 1 nukes(for ice eles use fire1). There might be a gimmick where the nukes have to be a certain amount of damage 5k~7k? All our blms always magic burst.

For final upgrade, have SAM chain jinpu 6x.

Sometimes the upgrades happen quick, other times it takes until we hit the wind elementals.

We always get him to spawn though. Remember nobody can die at all throughout the run, otherwise Plouton will not spawn, and if someone dies fighting him, he will warp away.
Good luck.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Xenhas
Server: Carbuncle
user: Xenhas
By Carbuncle.Xenhas 2015-07-21 19:58:41
Link | Quote | Reply

That death thing was confirmed for Perfidian but is it true for Plouton too? I don't think I ever saw confirmation but didn't want to bother testing on our runs.
By maxsam 2015-07-21 20:02:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Same, we die we always reset the run.
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2015-07-21 20:20:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Xenhas said: »
That death thing was confirmed for Perfidian but is it true for Plouton too? I don't think I ever saw confirmation but didn't want to bother testing on our runs.
Death thing happens with Plouton too as we just found out...
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2015-07-21 20:35:06
Link | Quote | Reply

We got to Plouton and was going to time out anyways. We just need to speed up and we learned a lot from that. Many things we did learn have been confirmed here, so thank you for the feedback everyone.
 Asura.Echandra
Server: Asura
user: Echandra
By Asura.Echandra 2015-07-21 22:12:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I know you listed 3 blms in your strat, but if one can change to a scholar, they can make the SC to MB with a weaker nuke, so it doesn't do as much damage as the samurai skillchain, like comeatmebro's post indicates, since not all sams have soboro.
If the SCH is good, they can do the 6 SC as well, or use their SP for unlimited charges for guarantee scission > detonation 6 skill chain. The SCH SC is a lot more reliable on Plouton as well as opposed to having to buff the samurai and worry about keeping them alive and not whiffing skillchains on Plouton.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
Server: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2015-07-21 22:19:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Echandra said: »
I know you listed 3 blms in your strat, but if one can change to a scholar, they can make the SC to MB with a weaker nuke, so it doesn't do as much damage as the samurai skillchain, like comeatmebro's post indicates, since not all sams have soboro.
If the SCH is good, they can do the 6 SC as well, or use their SP for unlimited charges for guarantee scission > detonation 6 skill chain. The SCH SC is a lot more reliable on Plouton as well as opposed to having to buff the samurai and worry about keeping them alive and not whiffing skillchains on Plouton.

SCH can't pop either the Leg or Body boss. Using Immanence > Nuke for a 4 step or 6 step doesn't work
 Bismarck.Phaded
user: Phaded
By Bismarck.Phaded 2015-07-21 22:26:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I've found Fudo > Fudo often takes too much HP, can always try Shoha > Kasha for the same light and less damage.
[+]
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2015-07-21 22:43:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Phaded said: »
I've found Fudo > Fudo often takes too much HP, can always try Shoha > Kasha for the same light and less damage.
Yeah, I did small skillchains for this reason.

Run would have been smoother if I had more accuracy/better hit setup in full accuracy. I thought 1100 would be enough but I couldn't hit Plouton at all and I failed on the 5th step like 4 times in a row.

I've seen someone use Quint Spear but the even lower accuracy scares me. I have no idea how the guy was able to hit even elementals with it.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2015-07-21 22:49:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Accuracy buffs are highly recommended, I use precision/torpor/marchx2/madx2 for skillchain. If you pull 5+ ice elementals, sleepga2, and have your sch dispelga you should be able to get all 5 non-killshot bursts and all 5 killshot bursts in a bit over a minute, so you only need to apply the buffs once. Leaves enough time left to do the 4 and/or 6 step as well.
 Asura.Echandra
By Asura.Echandra 2015-07-21 22:57:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Snprphnx said: »

SCH can't pop either the Leg or Body boss. Using Immanence > Nuke for a 4 step or 6 step doesn't work

it works for us? We don't even take a sam if we hate ourselves and want to do T4/5.

If 6 of us go, it's PLD, WHM, BRD or COR, SCH, GEO, BLM you can 5 man it and dump the WHM if your PLD can keep themselves going with the BRD/COR support. If we drag more people, then maybe we take a Sam, Thf, etc.

you just have to time your strategms and recast of the ja, or just use Tabula so charges aren't a problem.

aero >stone (scission) > aero (detonation) > stone(Scission) > aero(detonation) > stone (scission) > aero (detonation) > POP

Or worst case if you're SCH isn't up for playing it through the paladin can do the last Skillchain on it with red lotus blade
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2015-07-21 23:02:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
Accuracy buffs are highly recommended, I use precision/torpor/marchx2/madx2 for skillchain. If you pull 5+ ice elementals, sleepga2, and have your sch dispelga you should be able to get all 5 non-killshot bursts and all 5 killshot bursts in a bit over a minute, so you only need to apply the buffs once. Leaves enough time left to do the 4 and/or 6 step as well.
I see. I was lacking one BRD buff in comparison. I guess we could swap around for the unlock steps.

The 6 steps is literally all or nothing so far. I had to Meikyo for the first one because it was impossible to multihit/have enough acc and for the second, it went like a charm with just a Meditate used.

The second March would make the difference I think. I'll see if I can find some acc to add on certain slots.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2015-07-21 23:19:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Snprphnx said: »

it works for us? We don't even take a sam if we hate ourselves and want to do T4/5.

If 6 of us go, it's PLD, WHM, BRD or COR, SCH, GEO, BLM you can 5 man it and dump the WHM if your PLD can keep themselves going with the BRD/COR support. If we drag more people, then maybe we take a Sam, Thf, etc.

you just have to time your strategms and recast of the ja, or just use Tabula so charges aren't a problem.

aero >stone (scission) > aero (detonation) > stone(Scission) > aero(detonation) > stone (scission) > aero (detonation) > POP

Or worst case if you're SCH isn't up for playing it through the paladin can do the last Skillchain on it with red lotus blade

Thats weird. We tried it several times and could never get it to spawn. Will have to try again.
 Asura.Echandra
By Asura.Echandra 2015-07-21 23:51:18
Link | Quote | Reply

your sch is probably sc'n too fast/slow on the SC so it gets lost. People usually get anxious after the 4th or 5th because they're worried about strategms. You have to delay just a little so your recast on strategms can keep up. If your sch has the capacity point gift it helps. Tab is good for practicing and getting it down. It's not easy, sometime we have to burn through a few earth elementals for it to work.

We just prefer it this way because it saves having to delegate all the accuracy support to Sam to make the sc.
 Asura.Cyleena
user: Cyleena
By Asura.Cyleena 2015-07-22 00:26:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kylos said: »
Having many mixed ways of popping Plouton during the Magic Burst phase. We tried it many different ways, but it doesn't want to upgrade.

Can anyone give a step-by-step instruction on how to do it with a SAM and three BLM please? Thank you.

We have sam use soboro as was mentioned but also we only have one blm do the MB (we bring another blm or several geo as well but for the SC MB part we only use one, and have np upgrading), and also we do not use Malaise or Acumen when doing MB (don't want too much dmg). The one blm alone works fine, and does plenty of dmg (probably depends on how well geared the blm is). Once the MB is done the other blm can help kill ele if the intial MB did enough dmg. Usually not a problem like I said depending on how well geared blm probably is.
 Bahamut.Seekerstar
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Seekerstar 2015-07-22 01:10:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Dancer with appropriate buffs and good gearsets can stand in place of the SAM, though for Plouton it helps if the THF initiates the last WS in the 6-step just in case.
By CHENGMIKEY 2015-07-22 02:42:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Go to YouTube. Mischief post step by step way to pop the body and legs. And there was a post long time ago about it too. But I forgot the post name.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2015-07-22 16:34:24
Link | Quote | Reply

So many ways to do this. Wouldn't a RDM (giving haste II, distract II), and a COR giving Hunter's/Store TP rolls be enough for the six-step? Considering the brd is not 4-song?

Also, only using one BLM for the MAB phase? I'm also looking for clarification on the "5-7k" gimmick, and what kinda buffs the BLMs would need to hit those numbers with a T1 spell.

At this point I am considering two BLM parties for my event next week, as my ranger party didn't do much on Plouton, and the spawn phase takes much longer compared to Perf.

PS: I hate videos, often enough they don't explain what's going on, and the logs are blurry and/or they have filters on.
 Cerberus.Avalon
user: KupoNuts
By Cerberus.Avalon 2015-07-22 16:50:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I explained everything yesterday on the entire process >_>

EDIT: Nevermind, I explained everything to Tidis, not you.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2015-07-22 16:52:04
Link | Quote | Reply

So is this 5-7k gimmick real or is it just a guideline?
 Cerberus.Avalon
user: KupoNuts
By Cerberus.Avalon 2015-07-22 16:53:22
Link | Quote | Reply

So is this 5-7k gimmick real or is it just a guideline?

The MB damage parameter has to register without killing the Elemental. That's why I usually only have 2 people handling the nuking. It's a much more controlled process that way.

T2 MB should be sufficient (or T1 if the nuker has a superior MAB build).
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2015-07-22 17:05:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Our LS was a little late to the Vagary party and just recently had to struggle through understanding the Plouton conditions. 6-step SC and magic kills are easy enough to understand, but we found that the Magic Burst one isn't really explained all that clearly in many instructions.

MB conditions are that you need to do a MB that:
(1) doesn't kill the mob, and
(2) does a large enough amount of damage - exact amount not quite clear, but it's something over 5k (hence the 5k-7k comments).

Need to do the above 5 times. One MB per mob on 5 different mobs is fine.

There's no need to use T1 spells and multiple nukers (and in fact that's a lot more likely to not give enough damage - at one point we actually trying totally spamming non-killing T1 MBs to no avail). Multiple BLM MBing is also just more confusion. Assign one BLM to do the MB and just let that BLM do a couple MB to determine what tier spell is needed based on gear/buffs/etc. Once you're doing over 5k on the MB, cool - just repeat x5.

As for the 6-step, SAM Jinpu spam is by far the easiest solution. BST works well too, but maybe don't get used to that since pet self-SC are getting "adjusted" soon. Soboro is a good weapon for both the 6-step and SC+MB conditions, since it's weak enough to NOT kill the mob before SC ends. Even the 115 OAT GK is on the upper edge of "too strong" if you're not careful (though stuff like popping Defender helps). Just buff the SAM to the moon with Acc and capped haste, and buffs+food should be fine to get adequate accuracy with Soboro. If your SAM is like 760-780 /checkparam acc with Soboro and no buffs/food, that should be fine.
[+]
 Phoenix.Libbien
user: Alttp
By Phoenix.Libbien 2015-07-22 17:05:50
Link | Quote | Reply

It may not be the fastest method, but we always found it easier to just let 1 blm handle all the sc>mb stuff. Since we usually went with 7, whm pld brd sam blm blm geo, we used the brd/geo to buff the sam so the blm would just mb with aero II (we started at the earth ele's). This would hit w/e dmg threshold was needed and because the sam was using soboro obviously, no risk of killing the ele with the MB. Our brd (90% of the time was me) was 3 song/ghorn as well and just did marchx2 madx1 combined with acc+/eva- from the geo and this was always plenty for our sam. He'd miss the occasional ws here or there, but typically we'd never have to use more than the earth ele's + a few ice ele's to pop plouton.

I don't really know the specifics on popping since I was always on brd or whm back when we were spamming this, I can only tell you what we did that worked for us. I do remember the blm we used saying that the target damage on the MB was 7k'ish as previously stated. Once you get the hang of it, things will get a lot smoother for you for sure. Good luck to you and your group and hopefully the headaches are nearly over for ya lol.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2015-07-22 17:11:11
Link | Quote | Reply

not all sams have soboro.

Also, not that this was Echandra's main point by any means, but "I don't have soboro" is not a valid excuse. It takes like 15 minutes to go pick one up solo these days. Get a SAM who's willing to put in that minimal effort.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2015-07-22 17:37:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks Capuchin, that's a pretty good explanation and you was in the same boat as my linkshell.

And yes Libbian, we had many headaches but now we are more clear on what needs to be done, we shouldn't have any issues.

So after one high MB (5-7k) hits the mob, someone can just finish it off? Wouldn't it be possible to do magic kills and MB phase at the same time doing it that way?
 Phoenix.Libbien
user: Alttp
By Phoenix.Libbien 2015-07-22 18:01:07
Link | Quote | Reply

So after one high MB (5-7k) hits the mob, someone can just finish it off? Wouldn't it be possible to do magic kills and MB phase at the same time doing it that way?

We thought the same thing, but it turns out no you can't. We tested it and it never worked for us so I dont believe it is possible. However, if you enter with a pop for both perf AND plouton, you can meet both NM requirements with the same action such as magic damage kills, each will count toward both NMs
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2015-07-22 18:11:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for clarifying. I think we will start with magic kills on fire/ice. First time we got the magic kill upgrade, it took 18 kills. On the second time it took 13 kills. Is it meant to be random?

Then we can try the MB phase on the earth eles with one BLM doing T1 or T2 depending on buffs/gear. After you do the strong MB without killing it, does it matter how the ele dies?
 Asura.Cyleena
user: Cyleena
By Asura.Cyleena 2015-07-22 18:12:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for clarifying. I think we will start with magic kills on fire/ice. First time we got it .. it took 18 kills. On the second run it took 13 kills.

Then we can try the MB phase on the earth eles with one BLM doing T1 or T2 depending on buffs/gear. After you do the strong MB without killing it, does it matter how the ele dies?

After you do the strong MB without killing it then the other nukers can help kill the mob.
[+]
First Page 2