Can Someone Post About This On OF?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Puppet Master » Can someone post about this on OF?
Can someone post about this on OF?
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
Server: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2015-06-22 18:47:23
Link | Quote | Reply

For reasons I won't go into, I can't post on the Official Forums. However, there is a glitch I have known about for months now that I would like to see resolved.

Beast and Drachen roll do not affect ranged attack or accuracy. Chaos and Hunters do. There is no way that this is working as intended. I just don't feel like that is possible. I also feel like the reason no one has ever brought this up before(that I saw) is that no one really plays PUP anyway, and almost never would they have buffs from a COR.

So can someone either send me something where SE said they knew about it and were leaving it, or post on OF and make the devs aware of the problem? I really don't think anyone is aware of this.
 Asura.Highwynn
Server: Asura
user: Highwynd
By Asura.Highwynn 2015-06-22 19:16:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Did you do /checkparam <pet>? Provide screenshots for us to post?
By swordwiz 2015-06-23 02:30:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Omg your alive highwynn
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
Server: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2015-06-23 03:29:02
Link | Quote | Reply

If someone else hasn't posted by the time I get home tonight I'll verify it and post the bug.
 Shiva.Siviard
Server: Shiva
user: Siviard
By Shiva.Siviard 2015-06-23 03:38:03
Link | Quote | Reply

This has already been reported twice. Once by me, and once by Onionknight. We both conducted our own tests and we were both able to verify our findings that Drachen Roll and Beast Roll have zero effect on Ranged Accuracy and Ranged Attack.

But according to SE it's "working as intended" which, IMO, is a load of fecal matter.
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2015-06-23 04:48:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Siviard said: »
This has already been reported twice. Once by me, and once by Onionknight. We both conducted our own tests and we were both able to verify our findings that Drachen Roll and Beast Roll have zero effect on Ranged Accuracy and Ranged Attack.

But according to SE it's "working as intended" which, IMO, is a load of fecal matter.

Things like this are what assure me that SE has no desire to make real changes to better jobs, they are only interested in doing what they feel is in line with the job. Because allowing the only pet able to deal ranged damage to have a buff would be OP, right? Literally one freakin' buff.
By dustinfoley 2015-06-24 10:14:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Never mind that a beast can choose an insanely powerful move every 10s from their pet, us being able to set an under powered weapon skill would be game breaking....
 Ragnarok.Flanteus
Server: Ragnarok
user: Flanteus
By Ragnarok.Flanteus 2015-06-25 17:46:38
Link | Quote | Reply

dustinfoley said: »
Never mind that a beast can choose an insanely powerful move every 10s from their pet, us being able to set an under powered weapon skill would be game breaking....

And you can't swap PetWS gear in time because we lack any delay on PetWS...
 Cerberus.Conagh
Server: Cerberus
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2015-06-25 17:55:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Flanteus said: »

You can with Windower, or a small delay macro, this is really just bitching for the sake of bitching. Macro 1 equip ***: hit ws macro : macro 3 re-equip ***.

If you use Gearswap it's so easy to programme a rule for this it's obscene.
 Ragnarok.Flanteus
By Ragnarok.Flanteus 2015-06-26 02:09:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Conagh said: »
Ragnarok.Flanteus said: »

You can with Windower, or a small delay macro, this is really just bitching for the sake of bitching. Macro 1 equip ***: hit ws macro : macro 3 re-equip ***.

If you use Gearswap it's so easy to programme a rule for this it's obscene.

It doesn't work...
why do you think they changed the delay for SMN and DRG back to 1.25sec , because swapped gear didn't take effect in time, and our PetWSs are instant and don't have a trigger..
By dustinfoley 2015-06-26 05:04:21
Link | Quote | Reply

they changed it for summoner because the offica macros dont work gearswap/ashitacast both work
By FaeQueenCory 2015-06-26 06:22:52
Link | Quote | Reply

they changed it for summoner because the offica macros dont work gearswap/ashitacast both work
No. They changed it because EVERYONE's didn't work half the time due to a little think known as: How the Internet Works.

Even with a wait0, the game would often not register the gear swap. (This is because there is a latency between the server and the client.... Which if you don't know how the Internet works... I guess you'd call it lag or something?)
Basically, it takes time for electrons to get to the servers in Japan, and that time made it so that sometimes the BP would go off without being in BP gear.
Because the Server hadn't gotten the message to change it yet.

Everyone suffered.
Even the people who use other people's programming skills.
By jopa 2015-06-28 20:39:16
Link | Quote | Reply

SE: Want Pet: R.Acc./R.Att.? There's plenty on Despair armor. :^)
By dustinfoley 2015-06-29 07:03:38
Link | Quote | Reply

FaeQueenCory said: »
No. They changed it because EVERYONE's didn't work half the time due to a little think known as: How the Internet Works.

Even with a wait0, the game would often not register the gear swap. (This is because there is a latency between the server and the client.... Which if you don't know how the Internet works... I guess you'd call it lag or something?)
Basically, it takes time for electrons to get to the servers in Japan, and that time made it so that sometimes the BP would go off without being in BP gear.

Everyone suffered.

Same thing came up with maneuvers for pup dude. I said my gloves werent equipping in time before the 0 delay maneuver, and people for gear swap swore up/down/left and right that gearswap was able to macro in the gloves before a 0 delay ability. Due to the fact it is controlling packets.

Summoners were a 1 second delay that was increased to what, 1.1 or 1.25 or something? Pups was changed to 0 second, and if it works for pup, then gear swap would have worked for summoner.
 Ragnarok.Flanteus
By Ragnarok.Flanteus 2015-07-01 23:09:40
Link | Quote | Reply

FaeQueenCory said: »

Everyone suffered.

Same thing came up with maneuvers for pup dude. I said my gloves werent equipping in time before the 0 delay maneuver, and people for gear swap swore up/down/left and right that gearswap was able to macro in the gloves before a 0 delay ability. Due to the fact it is controlling packets.

Summoners were a 1 second delay that was increased to what, 1.1 or 1.25 or something? Pups was changed to 0 second, and if it works for pup, then gear swap would have worked for summoner.
That's because maneuvers are actually bestowed on the player not the pet, any equipments that affect pet's abilities needs that delay, for the most part.