Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Blue Mage » Blue Mage Magic Sets
Blue Mage Magic Sets
 Lakshmi.Elidyr
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: elii
By Lakshmi.Elidyr 2015-06-22 18:33:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I went through lot's of forums, and really I am just looking at some spell/trait sets for Magic Builds (Subduction Farming?) and gear sets for it specifically to see what people are using. I am still pretty new to Blue Mage, so just trying to learn as much as possible before I start blowing all my money on augments and gear I don't need. So if anyone would be interested to share gear sets for Magic Damage builds, and so fourth I would appreciate it! Thanks!
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
Server: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2015-06-22 19:02:51
Link | Quote | Reply

There's a ton of info in the Main blu guide and the later pages of the posts on it. The guide is slightly outdated on a couple of points but for the most part is pretty solid on sets.

I would start by reading over that and then search the thread for more specific info.

I can probably provide my stuff here in a bit.
 Asura.Sabishii
Server: Asura
user: Sabishii
By Asura.Sabishii 2015-06-22 19:09:33
Link | Quote | Reply

ItemSet 335979

My personal subduction and most other nuke gearset. All the Hagondes has magic attack bonus on it, and the clubs are augmented along path A.

My spellset I use for AoE cleaving (usually for yorcia avullion skirmish, but I use this set for other things too) is:

Rending Deluge
Delta Thrust
Temporal Shift
Retinal Glare
Whirl of Rage
Barbed Whisker
Sinker Drill
Actinic Burst
Thermal Pulse
Occultation
Subduction
Erratic Flutter
Battery Charge
Magic Fruit
Winds of Promy
Magic Hammer
Cocoon

I use this for yorcia alluvion skirmish because it provides you with provides you with enough nukes to take out any elemental (if it resists subduction, you use one of the other nukes), and you got temporal shift/whirl of rage for aoe stuns, and sinker drill for the physical stuff. If you need other stuff like a sleep, and subduction works for everything you're nuking, take out, say rending deluge for dream flower, and pack in something else with the extra points (like amplification if you need more MATK). Sub /RDM, which gives you convert, magic atk trait II, fast cast II, some defensive buffs like phalanx and stoneskin. Magic hammer works well to keep your MP up if whatever you're fighting has MP.
 Lakshmi.Elidyr
By Lakshmi.Elidyr 2015-06-22 19:12:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Just was looking at Gabaxorea vs Nehushtan. Is Gabaxorea better due to the lack of M.Acc Skill on the Skirmish weapon?

Also Thanks Sabi!

Sekundes, I swear I've been sifting through that topic, and I really didn't see anything specific. I saw a few comments but nothing about updated traits, and newest gear for Magic. I know Hagondes is still pretty solid though.
 Asura.Sabishii
By Asura.Sabishii 2015-06-22 19:42:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Not a mathematician, but I think the magic acc skill+, and some of the other stats outweighs the potential for Nehushtan, plus you have to burn potentially more money on the A. Skirmish club than on airlixir +2s for Gabaxorea. It's cheaper to get better results for gabaxorea, and I don't know even with perfect augments if nehushtan can equal or surpass it. If you can get the Nibiru Cudgel from Escha, though, and augment it for magic attack bonus, that has even more potential than gabaxorea, the stats on it look nice PLUS AUGMENTS, but it's a lot harder to get a group for that than for delve. Plus you'd probably need a shitload of eschalixirs to upgrade it all the way. You'd need a dedicated group for that.
 Lakshmi.Elidyr
By Lakshmi.Elidyr 2015-06-23 07:36:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Alright, took care of my gabaxorea yesterday. If I could just get hagondes to roll mab+. /cry

Thanks for the info. That will really get me stayed in the right direction. I had no idea of some of that gear from escha. Might have to look at that when I finish some other stuff.
 Leviathan.Tsoi
Server: Leviathan
user: Tsoi
By Leviathan.Tsoi 2015-06-23 15:00:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sabishii said: »
Barbed Whisker
Whats Barbed Whisker? is it Charged Whisker or Barbed Cresent
 Asura.Calatilla
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2015-06-23 17:11:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Barbed Crescent paired with Delta Thrust for Dual Wield I
 Asura.Sabishii
By Asura.Sabishii 2015-06-23 18:15:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Tsoi said: »
Barbed Whisker
Whats Barbed Whisker? is it Charged Whisker or Barbed Cresent

oh, my bad, barbed crescent with delta thrust for dual wield 1 (or dual wield 2 if you've got the gift from 100 job points), and charged whisker if you're doing something like alluvion yorcia skirmish where you've got mobs resistant to subduction.
By lhova 2015-06-24 13:53:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Not a mathematician, but I think the magic acc skill+, and some of the other stats outweighs the potential for Nehushtan, plus you have to burn potentially more money on the A. Skirmish club than on airlixir +2s for Gabaxorea. It's cheaper to get better results for gabaxorea, and I don't know even with perfect augments if nehushtan can equal or surpass it. If you can get the Nibiru Cudgel from Escha, though, and augment it for magic attack bonus, that has even more potential than gabaxorea, the stats on it look nice PLUS AUGMENTS, but it's a lot harder to get a group for that than for delve. Plus you'd probably need a shitload of eschalixirs to upgrade it all the way. You'd need a dedicated group for that.

is Cherti soloable on either Thf or Blu with trusts? Need these clubs and don't want to spend 300k plasm for 2 of em if I can kill this buffalo.
 Cerberus.Kaht
Server: Cerberus
user: kaht
By Cerberus.Kaht 2015-06-24 14:08:03
Link | Quote | Reply

lhova said: »
is Cherti soloable on either Thf or Blu with trusts? Need these clubs and don't want to spend 300k plasm for 2 of em if I can kill this buffalo.

Nope, but it's fairly easy to trio. It randomly changes damage type vulnerability every 10% health between melee, ranged, and magic. I used BLU (for melee damage and magic damage via sanguine blade), RNG (for ranged damage), and WHM. The droprate is not very good...

You'd be better off just doing a couple full runs in Foret or Morimar to farm the plasm. 5 delve runs vs who knows how many runs to get 2 clubs to drop - take your pick.

edit: Just realized you said with trusts. I'm really not sure, maybe if you brought along some good ranged trusts and got lucky with the mob staying out of ranged mode most of the fight. I forgot to mention that it likes to use Great Bleat, so make sure to set winds of promyvion to keep your HP up.
By lhova 2015-06-24 14:17:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kaht said: »
lhova said: »

Nope, but it's fairly easy to trio. It randomly changes damage type vulnerability every 10% health between melee, ranged, and magic. I used BLU (for melee damage and magic damage via sanguine blade), RNG (for ranged damage), and WHM. The droprate is not very good...

You'd be better off just doing a couple full runs in Foret or Morimar to farm the plasm. 5 delve runs vs who knows how many runs to get 2 clubs to drop - take your pick.

edit: Just realized you said with trusts. I'm really not sure, maybe if you brought along some good ranged trusts and got lucky with the mob staying out of ranged mode most of the fight. I forgot to mention that it likes to use Great Bleat, so make sure to set winds of promyvion to keep your HP up.

Thank you, I probably could just spam delve and give that a try. Just wasn't sure if delve is still heavily dependant on "good" stunners. Most people don't shout delve or groups just spam and doint really need help. Just don't know how a pug can handle Tojil or the other delve.
 Leviathan.Stamos
user: Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2015-06-24 14:34:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Nibiru Cudgel > Gabaxorea anyway
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
Server: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2015-06-24 15:07:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Ranger is also good for Magic damage, with Wildfire.
By lhova 2015-06-24 15:27:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Stamos said: »
Nibiru Cudgel > Gabaxorea anyway

Due to my play times, Nibiru Cudgel or any Escha gear isn't in the cards for me. Peeps never shout runs for the NM's and my ls runs don't work with my schedule right now. Major GF aggro because she gets out of work 15 minutes before events start. Could be worse I guess..
 Carbuncle.Drygell
Server: Carbuncle
user: valkhyr
By Carbuncle.Drygell 2015-06-24 16:06:11
Link | Quote | Reply

don't you need three playing chars to pop any forced pop nm in escha ?just asking ...
 Leviathan.Stamos
user: Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2015-06-24 16:26:24
Link | Quote | Reply

And after tonight it will be easier to do the tier 2s