First Page 2 3 ... 32 33 34 ... 41 42 43
 Bahamut.Skald
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Jimmyjazz
By Bahamut.Skald 2021-11-23 14:34:16
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »
Not sure if I understood you here. You suggest other jobs offhanding TP bonus weapons at W3 are also acc uncapped? I guess that would depend which job.

Precisely. Certainly some jobs are far better equipped to compensate than others when it comes to tp bonus off handing. Sadly, we can't all be dancers.

Asura.Aburaage said: »
As a BRD I also tend to stick to Mordant for W2 boss since there are so many others DD who uses Savage blade and adding more SB to the mix will just penalize each other damage.

Aye, only when there are little to none war or drg present do I find the worth to savage.. and even then more often than not only on W3 boss.
 Ragnarok.Blindphleb
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Blindphleb 2021-12-01 15:59:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Checking out Briko's BRD DD node and I'm curious about the /dnc TP set.

ItemSet 370496

It has less DW in the set than his /nin TP set. Am I missing something? Doesn't a /dnc set need more DW than /nin?
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2021-12-01 16:01:20
Link | Quote | Reply

That depends on whether you are using haste samba or not really, with haste samba its roughly the same, without, yeah, they are not.

Likely the set posted assumes haste samba, and instead of reiki yotai + eabani is using a DW cape from ambuscade.

Edit2: I'd also say Nyame isn't realistic, as 99/100 you would be better served with WSD Nyame. Which means Bunzi Head/Hands are really BiS (Technically Ayanom +2 head, but Bunzi is a more complete piece), and Nyame feet stay, due to the +DA on Path B Nyame
[+]
 Asura.Dexprozius
Server: Asura
By Asura.Dexprozius 2021-12-08 04:41:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Reviewing Briko's DD guide, would Path B Nyame edge out +3 Relic for savage/mordant? I know brd is really attack starved, but im no ta career BRD, so path A isnt really the choice. Given that I have the option im curious what everyone else is doing.
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2021-12-08 07:07:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Bihu likely edges out Nyame B on Mordant due to having more STR/DEX/CHA than Nyame B.

It's a lot closer for savage, but Bihu still likely slightly better.

You could probably starve on the difference though.
By SimonSes 2021-12-08 07:16:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Shadowmeld said: »
Bihu likely edges out Nyame B on Mordant due to having more STR/DEX/CHA than Nyame B.

It's a lot closer for savage, but Bihu still likely slightly better.

You could probably starve on the difference though.

Nyame B is far better on both. It's not even close. Ofc beside body.
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2021-12-08 08:27:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm sorry, I assumed he was only talking about body.

Edit: Because you're right, the other 4 pieces are hands down BIS for WS.
[+]
 Asura.Dexprozius
By Asura.Dexprozius 2021-12-08 22:00:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Appreciate the replies, yeah I meant the set as a whole. I really didn't think the marginal attack gain on Bihu would beat out Nyame B, but most guides assume the BRD runs path A and don't list it so I wasn't sure.

I'll sacrifice and run Ayanmo/Bunzi hands/Volte feet for TP for better overall WS pieces.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2021-12-09 00:02:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I think I posted a comparison several pages ago.
My approach was the following.
Both Nyame A and Nyame B represent a dps increase for a pre-nyame brd.
I compared the numbers and the increase with Nyame B is far larger, uncontestably so.

If brd is your only job and you don't plan to level anything else the only Nyame piece that you can upgrade with the A path is the body, which is a valid alternative to Ahera Harness. If you already have Ashera though this becomes a moot point I suppose.

Edit:
Another aspect that often goes unconsidered is that Path B Nyame, despite being tailored for WSs, can be a decent option even for TP, depending what your current options are for a specific slot, even path B could be an upgrade for your TP set.
The main problem with that is mixing & matching different items/sets and still keeping haste capped (Nyame has notoriously lower haste values than most other pieces tipically used for TP sets).
The same arguably can't be said in reverse. I.e. Nyame A will hardly be an upgrade for your WS sets.
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2021-12-09 09:49:25
Link | Quote | Reply

I think there’s a good case to have a Linos with haste on it at the very least unless you have volte tights. Then you could use nyame b legs instead of Ayanmo.

Offhand: gleti
Head: bunzi or Ayanmo
Body: ashera or Ayanmo
Hands: bunzi
Legs: nyame b
Feet: nyame b

23% haste. 3% on linos would give 26%

Edit: nope I’m wrong. Can only get 3% on Linos
Edit 2: back on since gleti knife has 2% haste on it
 Asura.Bippin
user: Gunit
By Asura.Bippin 2021-12-09 10:29:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd also say Nyame isn't realistic, as 99/100 you would be better served with WSD Nyame.
You are not wrong but the thing to keep in mind with Briko BRD node is that it is not a guide. It is his goals and what he is working towards.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2021-12-09 12:06:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I think there’s a good case to have a Linos with haste on it at the very least unless you have volte tights. Then you could use nyame b legs instead of Ayanmo.

Offhand: gleti
Head: bunzi or Ayanmo
Body: ashera or Ayanmo
Hands: bunzi
Legs: nyame b
Feet: nyame b

23% haste. 3% on linos would give 26%

Edit: nope I’m wrong. Can only get 3% on Linos
Edit 2: back on since gleti knife has 2% haste on it

Eh... this is basically my TP set, but no Haste on Linos. Sailfi +1 Belt (Haste+9%) easily caps your equipment haste with any reasonable TP set.

Even if /NIN, isn't DW+10 cape, Sailfi+1 for waist, and a non-DW earring better DPS than Reiki/Eabani (or if not, very minimal difference)? And that's before even accounting for loss of STP on Linos if you use that slot for haste.
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2021-12-09 15:07:29
Link | Quote | Reply

That works too. I think the difference is minimal between sailfi and windbuffet. Brd can’t use reiki yotai can they? Oh they can
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2021-12-09 16:34:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Of course they can. It used to be the default setup. Reiki Yotai + Eabani.
Other setups with Sailfi+1 (to cap haste) are pretty close, sometimes better. You can test with a specific scenario in mind on the BRD spreadsheet.
 Quetzalcoatl.Khajit
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Khajit
By Quetzalcoatl.Khajit 2021-12-09 17:29:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Didn't see any debate/answer when I used the search function on the thread. How does Gleti's stack vs Demersal Degen +1 as an offhand?

How does Gleti's do compared to a Tauret mainhand? Yes I know Naegling is better. I'm looking for what to do when Savage blade all the things isn't an option.
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2021-12-09 17:51:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
Other setups with Sailfi+1 (to cap haste) are pretty close, sometimes better. You can test with a specific scenario in mind on the BRD spreadsheet.

You say that, but I'm still bitter RNG isn't on it...
 Cpu
By Cpu 2021-12-09 23:23:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »

You say that, but I'm still bitter RNG isn't on it...
I'll trade you your Accipiter and Hauksbok Arrow for the 1% DW penalty on Reiki vs Patentia/Suppa.
By SimonSes 2021-12-10 00:18:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Cpu said: »
Patentia/Suppa.

More like 10%DW Ambu cape, Olseni Belt and Crepuscular Earring :) (at least for /kc :P)
 Cpu
By Cpu 2021-12-10 00:24:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Patentia/Suppa.

More like 10%DW Ambu cape, Olseni Belt and Crepuscular Earring :) (at least for /kc :P)
I prefer the extra 2 STP from Patentia/Suppa because on anything that I'm bringing Naegling/KC RNG to I'm already hitting the accuracy cap with my standard BRD/COR/GEO buff set.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2021-12-10 01:47:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Khajit said: »
Didn't see any debate/answer when I used the search function on the thread. How does Gleti's stack vs Demersal Degen +1 as an offhand?
Why are you even considering Demersal at all?
Last I tested it the results were pretty bad, unless I messed up math seriously but I doubt it.

Gleti is a very good option, one of the best.
The BiS OH is Crepuscular if I recall.
Ternion+1 (max rank) and Gleti are pretty close, Tauret is not very far behind in the end, it's still a very respectable option.

Of course Centovente is arguably the BiS option for pure DPS if you're mainhanding Naegling, but also if you're mainhanding Twashtar R15.

As far as your MH question I've personally never tested. Tauret is nice but BRD doesn't exactly have a plethora of options to fully exploit Evisceration's potential. (crit stuff).
The best non-RMEA option to MH are the Path A or B Barfawc if I recall.
If we want to completely exclude that dagger too I'm not sure what would be better honestly, but you can test yourself on the spreadsheet.
By SimonSes 2021-12-10 02:18:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Patentia/Suppa.

I prefer the extra 2 STP from Patentia/Suppa because on anything that I'm bringing Naegling/KC RNG to I'm already hitting the accuracy cap with my standard BRD/COR/GEO buff set.

Its even 7sTP I think, since you will also have 10sTP on cape. For sure better if you dont need accuracy.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2021-12-10 02:42:48
Link | Quote | Reply

The RNG thread is somewhere else guys :-P
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [41 days between previous and next post]
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2022-01-20 07:16:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm dualboxing Mastery levels on my BRD/NIN (with Idris GEO mule) so I can better do Odyssey because I'm chaotic good, but I think my gear is probably outdated:
ItemSet 383283
Cape has 30 DEX, 20 Acc/Atk, 10 DW, DT-5%
Sallet is fully augmented with 25STR/DEX, 45 Acc, and 10% crit rate
Linos has DA+3%, QA+3%, and Acc+20

* I feel there should be something better for the pants but I am using them to cap equipment haste.
* Bard's Charm +2 is an obvious improvement, but I don't want to spend >50mil to farm exemplar points a little better.
* Moonlight is technically not BIS but I have it anyway and DT is worth more than nothing to me when solo.

I get about half as many EP/hr (40k) as my dancer, and that's mostly because my TP gain on Bard is too slow to reliably make double darkness. Am I missing something obvious?
 Shiva.Thorny
Server: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2022-01-20 07:58:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Can't comment directly on the feasibility of double darkness in that situation, but Sailfi Belt +1 is the most obvious thing that seems missing to me. 5 DA vs 2 QA is pretty near a wash, lose a little overall average for higher consistancy, but it frees up your leg slot.

Volte tights are probably ideal, but augmented Nyame isn't nothing. Bunzi's gloves(even unauged) are a good bit better than Nyame too, assuming you went for path B.

Edit: There are other leg options too, given both augmented nyame and volte are relatively hard to obtain. If you are able to give up some defensives you can run telchine braconi or Zoar Subligar +1 for an interesting hodgepodge(likely depends if the stp-5 is costing you hits to 1000..)
By Mattelot 2022-01-20 08:45:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Thorny said: »
Sailfi Belt +1 is the most obvious thing that seems missing to me. 5 DA vs 2 QA is pretty near a wash, lose a little overall average for higher consistancy, but it frees up your leg slot.

I've discussed this with a handful of people not long ago. I'd like to see some (good) parse data to compare sailfi +1 to windbuffet +1. Opinions seems split on the matter and both sides have logical points but nobody has any evidence, just theorycrafting.
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2022-01-20 08:48:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Parse data isn't good data for comparisons like those
 Odin.Eohuo
Server: Odin
user: Eohuo
By Odin.Eohuo 2022-01-20 08:53:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I am doing master levels dd bard and roughly similar set, barring odyssey gear since I haven't really bridged into that yet. Just going AM3 and spamming darkness scs with rudra having no issues with cor alt running cor/sam rolls. In general I favor stp over DA when riding AM3 on carn to speed things up a bit.

My current tp set for reference - not the best without the newest ody gear, but churning effectively.
ItemSet 383285

From the looks of it, I feel like you may be lacking stp on that set without a cor to self sc reliably.
By Mattelot 2022-01-20 09:02:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Austar said: »
Parse data isn't good data for comparisons like those

Whatever kind of data you think would be sufficient. Not calling anyone out or anything like that but when half the people I talk to say one is better than the other, vice versa, it would be good to see data to show what really is. Maybe one is better for longer fights?

EDIT: And this goes beyond Bard DPS too, I should add. I saw a guide for one of my jobs here that shows windbuffet for TP and some veterans in my LS laughed at that, saying sailfi yet I've not seen anything proving one vs the other.
 Shiva.Thorny
Server: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2022-01-20 09:11:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Mattelot said: »
I've discussed this with a handful of people not long ago. I'd like to see some (good) parse data to compare sailfi +1 to windbuffet +1. Opinions seems split on the matter and both sides have logical points but nobody has any evidence, just theorycrafting.

i mean, the stats are very simple, you can see with minimal thought that 5 DA is going to add less hits per round than 2 QA in all conditions, but it will lower variance (if uncapped acc, that's likely going to beat out the attack and str too)

the question here isn't which belt is better on it's own though, when sailfi allows you to drastically improve your leg slot then it's blatantly obvious that sailfi will net you better overall dps due to the gains on legs

edit: really, that extends out in general. if you're capped haste without belt, arguing about windbuffet vs sailfi is pedantry, they're pretty damn close and i'd lean toward windbuffet if any possibility accuracy will be uncapped. but, if you can use the haste from sailfi to improve other slots, any minimal difference between belts will be outweighed by that. it's particularly important with low haste sets like sakpata and nyame being so popular.
First Page 2 3 ... 32 33 34 ... 41 42 43