Military Parade - A DD Bard Guide
First Page 2 3 ... 30 31 32 ... 41 42 43
 Asura.Sechs
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2021-09-28 04:11:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I can probably add a Kraken Club equivalent to the BRD spreadsheet, if you guys are curious to see how it would perform.
Granted that it would be a bit hard to easily simulate the -48acc and the -54att, but then again it's probably not that relevant for the test you guys are thinking of.

On a hunch I think it would be hardly competitive on bard if anything especially with a mainhand like Carnwhenhan. The WS you normally use with Carn doesn't benefit from TP overflow and putting AM3 up clearly diminishes the impact of Kclub's benefits.

I'm skeptic on Kclub being competitive for anything in general, on BRD, but even more so for Carn MH.
But then again this is just my hunch, it would have to be tested to get unbiased results.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2021-09-28 08:27:30
Link | Quote | Reply

There you go folks!
Updated the spreadsheet with Kraken Club and related data stuff. Also fixed a few mistakes I found.
Didn't feel like creating a "Club" category just for Kraken Club, so I put it unto the "Sword" category, it's right under Naegling.

https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/51200/currently-maintained-dps-spreadsheets/

Check for yourself if you think Kraken Club is worth it for BRD and, if so, with which specific setup :-)
[+]
By Slowforever 2021-10-04 22:03:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Can anyone give me a good answer about wsd and Mordant Rime? I see on the bgwiki site the Charisma bonus from Relic +2/3 omen is listed for MR bis. But then I asked my LS/ twitch stream and they said WSD is better. I have 10% wsd chest and merlinic hood. Plus Nyame rank 9-10ish. Does 2-3% wsd and 30-40 attack outweigh 12-20 more chr per piece?
 Asura.Topace
user: Topace
By Asura.Topace 2021-10-05 00:42:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Not an expert by any means. But I think BRD lack of WSD options makes it more beneficial for Mordant then saying Stat vomit relic+3. You can make up the CHR in your accessories.

I'm possibly could be 100% wrong.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2021-10-05 02:36:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Slowforever said: »
Can anyone give me a good answer about wsd and Mordant Rime? I see on the bgwiki site the Charisma bonus from Relic +2/3 omen is listed for MR bis. But then I asked my LS/ twitch stream and they said WSD is better. I have 10% wsd chest and merlinic hood. Plus Nyame rank 9-10ish. Does 2-3% wsd and 30-40 attack outweigh 12-20 more chr per piece?
Long answer:
You need to input these variables in a spreadsheet and see for yourself what the result is.

Short answer:
Spreadsheet!

Seriously though Slowforever I know this is not what you were looking for.
You just want someone to say "Use piece A instead of piece B!" so that you can do it without getting a headache.
I know it all too well.
It would be wonderful if things were that simple but alas they're not.
Your question is confusing, maybe you're confused, and you put 200 different things all together. You need to go step by step!
I don't even get what you're exactely asking.

You want a "good answer to mordant rime and WSD", what is the question? You want to know if WSD is good for Mordant Rime?
Depends on the amount of WSD and the piece.
If you have 4/5Nyame path B and RelicBody+3 then yes, those will be the best options for Mordant Rime in 99,999% of situations.
5/5 Relic used to be BiS (in uncapped att situations) before Nyame was introduced.
It's still good of course, but no longer the best.

Then you mention Merlinic but you probably meant Chironic? Can Chironic be better than Nyame? Well it depends. On a hunch I'd say no but I guess we need to know the exact augs you have on those pieces to evaluate if they can outdamage Nyame or not.
[+]
 Asura.Shaedhen
user: Shadowwww
By Asura.Shaedhen 2021-10-05 02:57:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Just tried to add them to the spreadsheet (didn't change any other slot):

WS Dmg :
Full Bihu -> 22141
4/5 Nyame (Bihu body) -> 28163

And to add another question to the mix : I was a bit skeptical at first about Kentarch Belt as the BiS for waist slot for Mordant Rime. I had in mind maybe Aristo (for the extra CHR instead of DEX) would perform better. But spreadsheet confirmed Kentarch was better.
So, guessing it was because of the DA on it, I tried a couple other options and it turns out in the spreadsheet Sailfi Belt is even better (again, because of DA and TA on it I assume), even if it doesn't have CHR or DEX on it.

Considering 4/5 Nyame I can see Kentarch being overall better because there's an overall good amount of DA on the set. But would something like Sailfi be even better ? Or would that juste create some spikes from time to time but most of the time perform worse ?

Edit : Doing a bit more test, Windbuffet scores even higher than Sailfi. And same applies for ring (Hetaroi instead of Metamorph) and earring (Brutal instead of Regal). With these additional changes, it gets up to 28449. (the boost is quite small tho)
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2021-10-05 04:41:29
Link | Quote | Reply

When you test stuff with multiattack on it (DA, TA, QA) make sure to compare the results with AM3 on and with AM3 off.

With AM3 down you get full return from multiattack.
With AM3 up you get half of it (it will apply only to the OH hits, not to the MH)
Sometimes this will create a difference between which item is better for a specific slot.

Also if you're testing stuff that has "attack+" on it, make sure to test it with attack uncapped (so that that att+ on it matters) and after that test it with att capped, to see if the piece still wins even when att is capped, or if something else wins.

Altough truth be said we should be talking about "overcapped", because PDL allows you to gain benefit from attack, to a certain extent, even after your att is capped.
Situations on content that matters where BRD is completely overcapped aren't that common I would say.
On some 6men content where you zerg with lotsa buffs maybe, but everywhere else more often than not you're not gonna be att capped, no way you'll be overcapped either.

My rule of thumb when evaluating small differences: focus on the global picture.
Let's define 4 different situations, and let's say we're comparing piece A, B and C for the ammo slot, ok?
Situation1: A wins by far
Situation2: A wins
Situation3: B wins, barely ahead of A
Situation4: C wins

Now you have to consider a few things. More often than not the frequency distribution of these situations will not be even. It's subjective to the way you play BRD, the content you do etc.
If you play mostly Situation 1, 2, 3 and rarely play 4 the answer is easy: just use piece A and simplify things.
But what you never play situation2 and 3, rarely situation1 and everyday situation4? You might consider using Piece C

These are things you have to consider. Sometimes some pieces are so rarely used it's not really worth the inventory+1. But again, it depends on your inventory strain etc.
Also never forget accuracy. It might be irrelevant in some content, but very important in other events.

Last but not least: do not ignore the defensive capabilities of some items. Sometimes the damage difference is so insignificant and one piece offers say something like 10DT/50Meva over another piece, that in such a situation I would probably suggest the piece with slightly less DPS but 10DT and +50Meva
[+]
 Asura.Shaedhen
user: Shadowwww
By Asura.Shaedhen 2021-10-05 04:50:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Indeed, I didn't check with AM 3 off (it was on by default).

With AM3 off, it gives worse results (27200 or something like that).

Thank you for that reminder and all the explanations !
[+]
By Slowforever 2021-10-06 13:55:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey guys another question. Do I need to beat wave 3 bastok to unlock augmenting carn? I was told I dont and can use job points instead? I think id prefer that because I always have 500/500 because of Odyssey yielding about 50 per run and other stuff throughout the week. Not sure how or where I turn them in though,
 Asura.Bippin
user: Gunit
By Asura.Bippin 2021-10-06 13:59:40
Link | Quote | Reply

https://www.bg-wiki.com/ffxi/Oboro#Step_3:_REMEA_.22119_III_Augmented_Stage.22_Upgrade

10,000 Job Points
By Slowforever 2021-10-06 14:05:19
Link | Quote | Reply

oh wow, so before I can even start I have to give him 10k points, yikers
I guess the game is so old SE assumes most people have 15-20 mastered jobs and already have 500 points stored.
 Asura.Bippin
By Asura.Bippin 2021-10-06 14:08:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I think most people just Kill the Wave 3 boss.

You are capped at trading in 700 JP a week as well.
[+]
 Fenrir.Pirinolon
Server: Fenrir
user: Pirinolon
By Fenrir.Pirinolon 2021-10-07 14:26:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Hello guys, at which rank nyame pathB gets similar or start to get better than bihu+3 for Mordant Rime?
 Leviathan.Boposhopo
Server: Leviathan
user: Boposhopo
By Leviathan.Boposhopo 2021-10-07 15:28:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Pirinolon said: »
Hello guys, at which rank nyame pathB gets similar or start to get better than bihu+3 for Mordant Rime?

Pretty high, Nyame lacks the raw stat the Bihu has so it takes longer to overtake. Somewhere around the R12 it's probably comparable.
[+]
 Fenrir.Pirinolon
Server: Fenrir
user: Pirinolon
By Fenrir.Pirinolon 2021-10-07 16:39:57
Link | Quote | Reply

yeah it makes sense to wait till last augment slot its unlocked
i think thats R16
 Asura.Otomis
By Asura.Otomis 2021-10-09 22:25:39
Link | Quote | Reply

New to Bard, just finished my REMA singing tools and all the +1 gear sets, will take time to get all +2 and +3. I am looking at TP sets for Savage blade in Dyna W3, Ody, etc... I see the TP bonus dagger mentioned a lot and wondered how it would fair in Accuracy? I came across the Ternion dagger +1 and find it a nice blend of high accuracy, multi attack and WSD. Wondering has anyone used this dagger in off hand for savage blade and could give some feedback. I currentley have a Tauret, R15 Aeneas, Twashtar which is not i119 yet, Gleti's knife. Appreciate the feedback.
 Asura.Aburaage
By Asura.Aburaage 2021-10-09 22:46:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Cento in Odyssey, the only time you would struggle with acc is at 4th floor if you don't have madrigal, which is true in most segment parties. Ternion is totally fine as SB offhand if you dip below 80% acc, you definitely notice the damage drop for SB though. I'd personally just still use Cento, and pianissimo yourself a madrigal if you're really struggling accuracy wise.
[+]
By Crossbones 2021-10-10 10:31:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I always do 5 songs in segment parties and on the last floor I do soul voice. This keeps everyone acc capped and at pdif through the whole run for the most part. Definitely bring a dagger like twash or Aeneas for slash resist mobs. With this setup I'm able to kill 90% of non angon mobs in two ws before they can get a tp move off. There are very few situations these days where cento is not viable offhand. If you don't have sp abilities this will obviously change things for segment runs but as abura mentioned you can always give yourself a different song.
[+]
By SimonSes 2021-10-10 10:45:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah I don't understand why some people do SV at start instead of saving it for last 13+ minutes when it's actually needed.
 Asura.Bippin
By Asura.Bippin 2021-10-10 11:05:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Normally my group does 5 songs at start, SV on 2nd floor with ~20min left, then have COR try to WC. If lucky can have SV songs last 20mins of farm. Happens even more with CORx2.

One thing I think is worth pointing out that SV HM+Haste1 will cap magic haste. Often see PUGs do SV then double march.
 Asura.Aburaage
By Asura.Aburaage 2021-10-10 11:50:40
Link | Quote | Reply

For SV I definitely prefer saving it for the last 12-13 min, and not gamble on it. Without SV, unless you're WAR or DRK, you're almost guaranteed to not attack cap at 4th floor, and damage just fall of the cliff.
[+]
By Crossbones 2021-10-10 11:57:00
Link | Quote | Reply

If I'm at pdif on the second and third floor there's zero reason for me to gamble on wc and possibly not have it for the last floor. I still do double march because some mobs can do aoe slow (like spiders) and that's time lost re applying haste to the group, and again if I'm acc capped and at pdif then there's really no tradeoff. If I'm cranking out 45k sb then I'm good. Whenever I swap out of naegling to dagger it can become an issue but that's only on a few mobs. If not using ranked up nyame I can also see it being an issue for newer players.
[+]
By SimonSes 2021-10-10 13:54:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Aburaage said: »
For SV I definitely prefer saving it for the last 12-13 min, and not gamble on it. Without SV, unless you're WAR or DRK, you're almost guaranteed to not attack cap at 4th floor, and damage just fall of the cliff.

WAR doesnt cap too. Unless maybe with Naegling. I dont use that on WAR tho.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2021-10-10 14:51:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Crossbones said: »
I always do 5 songs in segment parties and on the last floor I do soul voice.
Likewise.

But then there's always that one guy who gets dispelled or die and then it becomes really annoying to keep songs up the perfect way while also DPSing.
[+]
 Asura.Bippin
By Asura.Bippin 2021-10-10 15:09:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Crossbones said: »
If I'm at pdif on the second and third floor there's zero reason for me to gamble on wc and possibly not have it for the last floor.
That is probably true, I don't often DD for my group.

I think most everyone can agree don't SV on first floor, its literally the easiest mobs(okay lowest level but you get the point) you will fight.
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
Server: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2021-10-10 17:43:10
Link | Quote | Reply

We use SV on the first floor, and hope for a reset from the cor, if you get one you can extend SV songs for basically the entire run with 2 sets of ~14 min songs by singing and resinging when SV is about to wear. It does suck when you don't get a 5 or 6 on either cutting cards or wild card.
 Asura.Toralin
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2021-10-10 19:12:21
Link | Quote | Reply

14 min songs?
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
Server: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2021-10-10 20:10:57
Link | Quote | Reply

SV lasts for 3:30, NT songs last for 11+ mins, so if you SV and sing, then you wait til it is about to wear, you can refresh full duration NT songs for a total around 14 mins.
By Crossbones 2021-10-10 20:50:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Sounds like a bunch of extra work / time waiting around / not dpsing and then need to rely on rng to get sv back for absolutely zero gain but do whatever you think is good.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2021-10-11 06:06:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I've been doing the 14mins SV trick since the days of level 145 incursion megaboss with Apollymi.

I rarely use it though, it's a major annoyance. I find especially in Odyssey it's not always viable because of how people tend to spread and how much "movement" the content requires.

More often than not someone would *** up things and I would lose so much DPS that, ultimately, the party overall dps was lower.
But when it's viable and when you can make use of the additional duration, it's a wonderful trick.

Keep in mind it's a risk though, you risk losing SV entirely.
First Page 2 3 ... 30 31 32 ... 41 42 43