Playonline Will Not Show Properly!

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Tech Support » Playonline Will Not Show Properly!
Playonline Will Not Show Properly!
 Cerberus.Kylos
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2015-05-10 22:23:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Very strange thing is happening to me. I was playing on FFXI last night, and it just happened today for no apparent reason.

At first I thought Playonline was corrupted. What happens is, I tell Playonline to load (tried it from normal and from Windower), it shows the splash screen, then half the splash screen gets greyed out. Playonline continues to run, but it doesn't show up. It has Playonline in my windows tab bar at the bottom, but no window is shown whatsoever. Windows Task Manager says it is running. I can hear myself going through the menu as well. So the first step I did was to uninstall playonline, and get a fresh copy from SE. It did not help the cause.

I thought maybe I have some kind of virus, but I don't, because my computer is acting fine and I have done all my scans. I am able to play other games like GTA V and Fifa 15 just fine, so nothing wrong with my graphics. Then I thought ok.. if it's somehow running, maybe I can bypass Playonline and log in using my keyboard. I used another computer to run Playonline, and then I did step-by-step keys to log in. For some reason it did not copy my movements, and it refused to get me past the log in stage .. instead it decided to restart itself twice.

Has anyone had this problem? It's really killing my mood. I'll try to provide some screenshots.
 Cerberus.Kylos
Server: Cerberus
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2015-05-10 22:38:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Initial thing that happens when I launch, good so far.

Then this happens for no good reason. Strange behaviour.

The program is clearly running, I can hear the program, I can even move around in the program, but it does not display the window for the program so I can't be certain where I am moving. I have no viruses, my system is fine. I reinstalled Playonline to be sure, but it did nothing.

When I right click the Playonline viewer in the task bar, the only options I get are 1) Playonline (does nothing) 2) unpin from taskbar (because i pinned it earlier for the sake of it) and 3) close window. No option to move the window at all. The splash screen completely disappears after initial load.

EDIT: Got some help with this, and it turns out because I was playing around with moving Playonline to different LCDs, Playonline didnt like that, so it stayed minimized. The only way to maximize it was to go into task manager, right click on the program, and tell it to maximize. I would have been here forever but I didn't know Playonline was lame like that.
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [1459 days between previous and next post]
 Sylph.Elwynbelwyn
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Elwynbelwyn 2019-05-08 22:39:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorry about the necro, but just I had POL start up with the window off-screen because my second screen had been moved around, and this is one of the top hits on google. The answer is to reset the window position in regedit. This will set the top left corner of the window to the main screen. Remove "Wow6432Node\" if you are still running a 32-bit OS. You can find out how to use regedit elsewhere.

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\PlayOnlineUS\SquareEnix\PlayOnlineViewer\Settings]
"WindowX"=dword:00000010
"WindowY"=dword:00000010
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [138 days between previous and next post]
By ryukin182 2019-09-23 20:16:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Just formatted my pc and this helped. I have 3 monitors, started up POL and can hear the music but I couldn't see anything. Resetting the position in regedit fixed this issue immediately
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [425 days between previous and next post]
 Odin.Vikter
Server: Odin
user: Vikter
By Odin.Vikter 2020-11-21 11:41:42
Link | Quote | Reply

im having the same issue. now i just have a tiny pol box in the top left corner