Avatar Phantom Gem Fights Using BST Strategy

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Beast Master » Avatar Phantom Gem fights using BST strategy
Avatar Phantom Gem fights using BST strategy
 Lakshmi.Konvict
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Smasher
By Lakshmi.Konvict 2016-01-21 06:13:24
Link | Quote | Reply

There is a guy Bztmaster or something that solos all on VD as bst. They are on YouTube.
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2016-01-21 08:24:01
Link | Quote | Reply

KnifeKatRengar said: »
Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk said: »
SathQuetz said: »
Have done all 5 on N. HM EV GK MR use Bird. TT I just used Tiger since he's so squishy. GK and EV took about 21 minutes each just due to extremely high HP / dealing with Benediction. HM and MR are both around 12-15 minute mark, and TT (surprisingly) being 7-8.

Very nice. I'm impressed that you soloed MR on D, that's awesome. I usually avoid that one because it gets expensive using the mulsums, haha.

Personally find HM and GK to be the easiest because Tulfaire laughs off their damage even on D. Have soloed them both using Cloudsplitter > Swooping and Primal > Pentapeck, along with Pentapeck Unleash spam for light skillchains.

SathQuetz said: »
I'm interested in what other fights you guys have tried on N/D. I do them just for shits and giggles when nobody is on and I'm bored.

You probably already know about how easy Ouryu is on BST, but for anyone who isn't aware you can take this guy down easily w/o Unleash on Normal. Might need a Vile Elixir if he decides to use Bai Wing (and other AoEs) a lot since they have huge range. If Unleash is up, you can win in < 5 minutes. Razor Fang while he's on the ground, Claw Cyclone while he's flying.

Kam'lanaut on Normal is pretty basic. If your DT- set is good, Tiger can handle Light Blades no problem. When he pops the fetters, Claw Cyclone to get rid of'em quick.

How do you deviate when and when not meleeing is a good idea? Since I know you said at 100 JP that meleeing is insignificant, but would have to SC to make up the damage.

Can you potentially do more damage SCing with your Pet, than you would only be using pet:RDY moves? Since you're missing out on Charmers, but you still have Tasslets?

BST TPs pretty damn slow /mage, and that's what you should be using for solo these days. Gearswap allows you to blink in Charmer's for the delay reduction anyhow, so you essentially would never have enough TP to do anything worthwhile. So, essentially, no. There is never a time when it's worthwhile to melee on BST. With the very rare exception of Apex parties doing Cloudsplitters.
By KnifeKatRengar 2016-01-21 09:50:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia said: »
KnifeKatRengar said: »
Why did he use that pet over the other pets with better Damage reduction vs the same element of Garuda?

I am assuming he has nothing but top tier gear, which is why that fight was as easy as he made it, too.

At the time, probably just typically Alluvion skirmish gear/delve gear that was relevant. I suppose a few pieces from Escha. Valorous has been the only real significant improvement for BST since A.Skirmish gear, aside from a few pieces here and there.

As for why he is using that pet. It's monk, so it naturally counters. Zealous Snort improves counter rate, gives 25% haste(Maybe 30%, can't remember) and increases MDB. It's a very solid tanking pet just from that. Not to mention you can mitigate a lot of damage with well timed ready moves against Avatars. While you could use the ladybug for the wind resistance, it has no other defensive advantage. Physical bloodpacts would still hurt a lot and you are eating every auto attack.

On the other side of things, Sweeping Gouge is a DEF down move. While the boar doesn't have the attack the Tiger does, being able to inflict DEF down every ten seconds does quite a bit for overall DPS.

The other side

Well on top of that, I've tried and tried, and failed it about 7 times so far...unable to get the pet to the absolute edge while the avatar is still at the spot it needs to be. I cant go on the other side to issue commands at all without getting hit by abilities.

I've seen and watched all the videos, and my pet is in the same place as his...how the *** you get that to work like that without murdering your ability to use JAs without getting murdered.
 Quetzalcoatl.Beaztmaster
By Quetzalcoatl.Beaztmaster 2016-01-21 11:13:49
Link | Quote | Reply

There is almost no room for error when positioning pets for Avatar fights nowadays if you're trying to avoid the hurtful stuff. It definitely took me more than a few tries to figure out the new "sweet spot". You have to match the positioning down to like... the megapixel. This means taking the same approach to the spot every time with your character, and inching into the corner the same way every time, so that your pet paths the same way every time, down to the tenth of a yalm. You might think your pet is in the same place, but it's probably not in the same spot! (as weird as that soundz) Using larger pets may offer more leeway, but it is very restrictive if you're trying to use the crab or the lucerewe for example.
By KnifeKatRengar 2016-01-21 12:15:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I'll just try using the Boar, maybe the tiny pet is the problem then.
 Quetzalcoatl.Beaztmaster
By Quetzalcoatl.Beaztmaster 2016-01-21 12:21:47
Link | Quote | Reply

The boar (lucerewe) is one of the smaller ones range-wise. =(
 Cerberus.Hrasvelg
Server: Cerberus
user: Huev
By Cerberus.Hrasvelg 2016-02-19 16:07:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Beaztmaster said: »
You have to match the positioning down to like... the megapixel.

If I get the position down to like 1,000,000 pixels, that's a fair chunk of land where your character is standing, especially if you're running the game at 1280 x 1024. That would roughly be 75% of your screen. This could be as little as a handful of yalms to the entire map depending on the angle you're looking at your character.

I'm over-thinking this. I know you meant a handful of pixels of accuracy for proper positioning.

Is all of this still valid after the shortened distance for Ready?
 Quetzalcoatl.Beaztmaster
By Quetzalcoatl.Beaztmaster 2016-02-19 16:40:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Yep. Prior to the shortened Ready distance update there was tons of leeway across a 5~10 yalm stretch of the ramp for safe pet positioning. Nowadays, positioning must be perfect, or else you have to have a quick toggle for capped MDT for yourself and a reliable way to keep up HP and stoneskin to guarantee AF survival. All of my recorded Avatar fights are post-distance nerf.
 Cerberus.Hrasvelg
Server: Cerberus
user: Huev
By Cerberus.Hrasvelg 2016-02-20 10:39:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Awesome! I better study up then.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [1129 days between previous and next post]
 Asura.Holdoor
Server: Asura
user: holdoor
By Asura.Holdoor 2019-03-25 04:24:35
Link | Quote | Reply

so anyone have lua that can be get htmb KI then run to Homepoint warp to cape teriggan 1 zone into cloister of gales

and pet ready move
By Shichishito 2019-03-25 04:45:48
Link | Quote | Reply

maybe do the HTMBs on autopilot too? sounds like you asking for a bot.
[+]
By geigei 2019-03-25 06:48:15
Link | Quote | Reply

White knigts coming in 3...2...1...
 Asura.Chaostaru
Server: Asura
By Asura.Chaostaru 2019-03-25 07:05:33
Link | Quote | Reply

geigei said: »
White knigts coming in 3...2...1...
White Knight: 1) A man who stands up for a womens right to be an absolute equal, but then steps up like a white knight to rescue her any time that equality becomes a burden.
[+]