Post Your PUP Pet Sets /w Augs O:?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Puppet Master » Post your PUP pet sets /w augs o:?
Post your PUP pet sets /w augs o:?

| Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Sylph.Hyunkyl
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: hyunkyl
By Sylph.Hyunkyl 2015-05-12 20:05:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm trying for DT 4%, pet acc/racc and regen+3 on most pieces, wanna see Zero solo stuff :P
 Ragnarok.Flanteus
Server: Ragnarok
user: Flanteus
By Ragnarok.Flanteus 2015-05-12 22:02:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I just recently came back and saw the amazing augments with taeon gear! so many choices so little inventory space...

from what I gathered so far I came up with the following choices:
pet tank:
+25 Att / +25 Acc (I don't think acc is an issue now? otherwise more att better enmity + faster kill)
+5% Dbl.Att / regen (dbl.att would be better I think as it increases the frequency of Cannibal Blade, besides faster kill = less dmg taken)
-4% Dmg

pet dps:
+25 Att / +25 Acc
+5 Dbl.Att / 4% Crit Chance (I don't know which better...need a theorycrafter!)
5% Haste

one more set just for repair potency 4 Taeons + Desultor Tassets = 30% Repair potency!
 Sylph.Safiyyah
Server: Sylph
user: Safiyyah
By Sylph.Safiyyah 2015-06-06 16:40:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Is there a cap on Repair Potency? Because you can get 20% (4 Taeon) + 10% (Desultor) + 20% (Guignol) + 10% (Pratik) for a total of 60%.
By darthmaull 2015-06-06 17:10:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not sure but I just recently did my pet Taeon augments over twice. First I tried +regen. It doesn't help the auto tank as well as I thought it would so I redid for repair potency. And I also finally got -DT on the Tabar. It seems to be better. I can ride my repair timer easier because the hp is going up further. I will try it out on Yumcax to really test. That's the only Wkr my auto has trouble staying alive on. I just finished a Yorcia Delve and the only time my auto died in there was to a 1 shot TP move by the tree I believe.
By darthmaull 2015-06-21 08:54:04
Link | Quote | Reply

As of right now I think my augment sets are done. I've also have been doing more and more events on pup just to test the automatons durability as of now before the June update. I'm pretty pleased with it now but I'm sure that repair spam will make it even better.

For backline fights I have a max of -42DT in gear. I've played around with different attachments and different heads for the auto tanking and this is what works the best so far.

Ve/Ve: Strobe 1 and 2, Reactive Shield, Armor Plate 3 and 2, Barrier Module 2, Turbo Charger 1 and 2, Stabilizer 3, Target Marker, Auto Repair Kit 2 and 3.
This may change after the update but right now it allows my auto to hold hate throughout an entire AA level D GK fight. I have to allow him to voke once before I engage. Two vokes needed before the first WS or the NM may turn. Augments on the entire backline set are Repair +3, Acc/Rng.Acc 22-25 and -DT 3-4.

For situations where other jobs can melee and there is a WHM present I will fight along side my auto to maximize damage from the 2 of us. Depending if the mob is more sensitive to a light Sc or dark sc will determine what auto combo I use.

Light Sc partner Harle/SS: Drum Mag, Turbo Charger 1 and 2, Tension Spring 3, Inhibitor 2, Armor Plate 2 and 3, Optic Fiber, Auto repair Kit 3, Coiler, Target Marker and Stabilizer 3
As long as I'm being healed and hasted I'll stay and melee. I like using inhibitor there because the auto will Sc with me or any other player that is using a WS by the time it has tp.

Dark Sc partner VE/Ve: attachments stay mostly the same except for Drum Mag, Inhibitor and Coiler. I replace with Attuner, Tension Spring 2 and Armor Plate. I try to maintain windx2 and thunder so the auto will use String Shredder and I'll close with SP to make darkness. Sometimes it's hard with other players spamming WS inbetween. Augments on gear are Acc 22-25, Triple Atk. +2 and a mix of pet haste 3-4 and two pet -DT augs of -4. I may change it all to pet haste once the June update hits.

Right now I'm having the best success with that setup. I rarely use the Rdm or Whm auto due to having trusts. I feel like they are not needed. The tanking capabilities are surprising people. Dd wise when able to do with auto has me 1 or 2 in the parties I have been parsed in once you add us together along with our sc damage.
By dustinfoley 2015-06-22 13:02:45
Link | Quote | Reply

RDM is still king for salvage or anywhere you cant use trusts, but yeah. WHM and and BLM are pretty worthless now adays.
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2015-06-22 18:42:06
Link | Quote | Reply

dustinfoley said: »
RDM is still king for salvage or anywhere you cant use trusts, but yeah. WHM and and BLM are pretty worthless now adays.

It wouldn't take much to make the BLM not horrible, but SE just doesn't understand the playerbase.