The 6th Ministry's Secret: A Summoner's Guide (v2)

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Summoner » The 6th Ministry's Secret: A Summoner's Guide (v2)
The 6th Ministry's Secret: A Summoner's Guide (v2)
First Page 2 3 ... 133 134 135 ... 149 150 151
By Mrxi 2020-03-30 13:05:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Keep casting carbucle and using healing ruby and apogee with ionis, b.e.w. pitaru and moogle trust, is what i do to skill up.
 Shiva.Xelltrix
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Xelltrix
By Shiva.Xelltrix 2020-03-30 14:18:41
Link | Quote | Reply

I would recommend Diabolos and swapping between Camisado and Somnolence on Uragnite outside. Attacking enemies helps skill it up faster and Diabolos has two cheap moves that can’t miss that he can spam to increase skill easily.
[+]
 Asura.Frod
Server: Asura
By Asura.Frod 2020-03-30 17:07:49
Link | Quote | Reply

devasbismarck said: »
Crossbones said: »
Just need a shitload of SMN skill. Su3 set has plenty of that, evokers ring etc.

Its more for a mule to PD once and never play smn again. superior gear kinda out, also is there a quick way of capping smn skill fast or is it dismissing elementals constantly?

Buy ***' skillup books.
[+]
By Draylo 2020-03-30 18:02:19
Link | Quote | Reply

That's against da rulez!
 Asura.Arthuruss
user: PAD13772
By Asura.Arthuruss 2020-04-02 15:00:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Hello!

How does Convoker body +3 compare to a perfect Helios body for physical blood pacts a) without Nirv b) with Nirv?

Conv got 16 BPD @.35 (5.6%)

Helios body 30 att, 7 BPD @.35 and 8 double attack @.55 (6.65%)

Am i missing something?

I already got Helios but not Conv.

Tyvm!

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Arthuruss
user: PAD13772
By Asura.Arthuruss 2020-04-02 16:34:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok thx a lot Jdove, it answers it! : )
 Asura.Pergatory
user: Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2020-04-03 17:22:04
Link | Quote | Reply

If you want more specifics then you can try playing with my calculator on pastebin: https://pastebin.com/WQ1Gn8Hs

Copy and paste that into an HTML file and open it. It lets you compare BP Damage against Pet:DA. It won't account for the accuracy/attack differences between the two but it will still give you a strong idea of which has more potential.

Personally for my own set (non-AM3) Helios is actually smack dab in the middle, being 0.7% stronger than AF+3 and 0.7% weaker than Relic+3. Again, that's without accounting for the acc/atk. Once you go into AM3, the order reverses with AF+3 smoking everything like Jdove said.

So Helios is pretty good, but it's not BiS in any situation as far as I can tell.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Crevox
user: Crevox
By Asura.Crevox 2020-04-22 00:46:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Chinook + Aquaveil equipment, yes or no?
 Asura.Frod
By Asura.Frod 2020-04-22 00:55:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Crevox said: »
Chinook + Aquaveil equipment, yes or no?

fastcast > interruption gear for midcast.

Don't know if chinook stacks with aquaveil the spell, don't know if it stops magic or other non physical sources from interrupting (does magic damage even interrupt? i forget)

Edit: capped fastcast with baayami robe +1 is fairly easy.
 Asura.Crevox
By Asura.Crevox 2020-04-22 02:17:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm asking if I can use Aquaveil equipment in midcast for Chinook in order to get more interrupt protection charges from Chinook.
 Asura.Frod
By Asura.Frod 2020-04-22 08:05:58
Link | Quote | Reply

No testing done i know of, but i'd assume summoning magic skill would affect chinook first. If chinook is a 100% proc anyway (which i assume) the only things it could affect are duration and number of procs available. I assume it takes the skill=duration formula everything else has.

The only case for spell interruption gear would be if the interruption down gear procs before chinook, saving a chinook count.

Its all moot on summoning magic as well, considering bayaami robe. But using the robe could be useful in testing.
 Carbuncle.Papesse
Server: Carbuncle
user: Papesse
By Carbuncle.Papesse 2020-04-22 15:51:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Chinook is unaffected by Aquaveil enhancement equipment and summoning magic skill.
[+]
By SimonSes 2020-04-22 16:38:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Frod said: »
No testing done i know of, but i'd assume summoning magic skill would affect chinook first. If chinook is a 100% proc anyway (which i assume) the only things it could affect are duration and number of procs available. I assume it takes the skill=duration formula everything else has.

The only case for spell interruption gear would be if the interruption down gear procs before chinook, saving a chinook count.

Its all moot on summoning magic as well, considering bayaami robe. But using the robe could be useful in testing.

You seems to completely misunderstood his question. He was asking if he can wear gear that gives more aquaveil charges (like amalric head) to enhance effect from chinook. Papesse answered his question tho.
[+]
 Asura.Frod
By Asura.Frod 2020-04-22 20:35:08
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »
Asura.Frod said: »

You seems to completely misunderstood his question. He was asking if he can wear gear that gives more aquaveil charges (like amalric head) to enhance effect from chinook. Papesse answered his question tho.

Quote:
Quote:
 Asura.Crevox
By Asura.Crevox 2020-04-30 21:55:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Does Wind's Blessing protect against spikes?

EDIT: yes
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [39 days between previous and next post]
By devasbismarck 2020-06-08 12:07:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Are any of the helios / telchine augs still used for pet augs? If so which ones. If they can be beat by better gear then i wont be interested in those tho. Just looking for niche bis or stacking that requires these etc.
By tyalangan 2020-06-08 12:23:40
Link | Quote | Reply

devasbismarck said: »
Are any of the helios / telchine augs still used for pet augs? If so which ones. If they can be beat by better gear then i wont be interested in those tho. Just looking for niche bis or stacking that requires these etc.

Helios. https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/53593/a-summoners-gear-guide-2019/
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2020-06-12 21:16:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I have fuzzy memories about the favor tiers, gonna ask a few questions I actually had answered a long time ago, but I don't remember the answers anymore.

1) On the BG-wiki Table I see Favor tiers goin up to lv 11.
7th is the last currently ottainable tier with skill (670), then 3 more with Beckoner's Horn +1 (Favor+3). I'm not entirely sure how you obtain the last, the 11th tier?

2) Favor has 2 components. One based on Skill (and Favor bonus granted by Beck Horn) and one based on how much time the avatar has been out with Favor buff up (alternatively you can speed this part up by executing a couple of Blood Pacts). If I recall Skill sets the "roof", and time/BPusage fills up the bar, until you reach the "roof". Correct?

3) Favor grants 2 effects: One is the favor bonus itself (different for each avatar) and one is the BP reduction, up to -9 seconds with current gear. For the max tier currently obtainable you need 670+ skill that you need to equip when you execute the BP (precast) and you also need to idle in that 670+ skill gear. What happens when you will unavoidably swap to gear that will temporarily lowers your skill? BP midcast, spell precast/midcast, whatever else, plenty of sets that have less than 670. What happens when you do that? And what happens when, after that, you go back to your 670+ set? Will you find your favor where it was before (capped) or will you have to build it up again?

I'm not sure I made myself clear enough with these convoluted questions, I apologize >.>
 Asura.Frod
By Asura.Frod 2020-06-12 21:35:15
Link | Quote | Reply

1) On the BG-wiki Table I see Favor tiers goin up to lv 11.
7th is the last currently obtainable tier with skill (670), then 3 more with Beckoner's Horn +1 (Favor+3). I'm not entirely sure how you obtain the last, the 11th tier?

Skill, gear, job gifts.

2) Favor has 2 components. One based on Skill (and Favor bonus granted by Beck Horn) and one based on how much time the avatar has been out with Favor buff up (alternatively you can speed this part up by executing a couple of Blood Pacts). If I recall Skill sets the "roof", and time/BPusage fills up the bar, until you reach the "roof". Correct?

Don't forget the favor job point category, and iirc the +favor pieces immediately increase tier.

3) Favor grants 2 effects: One is the favor bonus itself (different for each avatar) and one is the BP reduction, up to -9 seconds with current gear. For the max tier currently obtainable you need 670+ skill that you need to equip when you execute the BP (precast) and you also need to idle in that 670+ skill gear. What happens when you will unavoidably swap to gear that will temporarily lowers your skill? BP midcast, spell precast/midcast, whatever else, plenty of sets that have less than 670. What happens when you do that? And what happens when, after that, you go back to your 670+ set? Will you find your favor where it was before (capped) or will you have to build it up again?

You need the 670 with beckoner's horn and the job gifts to hit cap. if you drop below cap briefly via gearswap and back iirc it drops you down for that tic and then comes back up when you restore the gear requirements. i don't believe it needs to rebuild potency.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2020-06-12 22:07:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Oooh right, I forgot the Favor+1 granted by the gift, that's cool everything makes sense now, thanks.

So about the favor thing... Even if I idle with like 580 SMN skill, as long as I precast BP with 670+ skill, I'm still gonna get the -9 reduction?
By Wotasu 2020-06-13 06:08:55
Link | Quote | Reply

670 skill and the right amount of -BP delay I/II. And like 60sec favor "charge up".
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2020-06-13 12:31:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah I was takin that for granted.
The right amount of -BP delay and fully charged up favor (~60 seconds or 1-2 BPs to fully charge it up anyway).
Also assuming 670+ skill in the precast set

Assuming all of this, I'm gonna get -9 BP recast from Favor even if I idle in 576 skill, right?
By Wotasu 2020-06-13 12:51:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
Yeah I was takin that for granted.
The right amount of -BP delay and fully charged up favor (~60 seconds or 1-2 BPs to fully charge it up anyway).
Also assuming 670+ skill in the precast set

Assuming all of this, I'm gonna get -9 BP recast from Favor even if I idle in 576 skill, right?
Yes, precast set is what matters.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2020-06-13 15:25:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Another thing, can someone explain to me, like you would to a child, the increase that Avatar's Favor should grant to the perp cost of avatars but it actually doesn't?

Avatar's perp cost should be 15mp without favor, with Favor it should go up by 20% to ~18mp/tic, yet I see a lot of people using Perp-14 in their idle gear

...actually my old perp idle set is -14 too and I have no clue why I put it at 14 when I have plenty of gear to combine to reach 15. Did I forget something?
By Wotasu 2020-06-13 15:53:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Carbuncle, Cait Sith, and Fenrir costs 2 MP/tick more.
e.g. FLOOR(11 × 1.2) = 13 and FLOOR(13 × 1.2) = 15
All other Avatars cost 3 MP/tick more.
e.g. FLOOR(15 × 1.2) = 18
If perpetuation cost is floored (e.g. -1 MP/tic) when activating Avatar's Favor, the cost is not increased.
This is because 1 × 1.2 = 1.2, which then FLOOR(1.2) = 1.

My guess is if you have enough to floor the -prep, the avatar cost floor is 1 and not 1.2. So it becomes 15x1, instead of 15x1.2.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2020-06-13 16:06:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Flooring hmm. So the 20% is calculated the second you use the "Avatar's Favor" ja, this explains why I have -perp gear in my Avatar's Favor precast set.

It doesn't explain why me and many other people use -14 perp instead of -15 though.

(yes, I haven't updated my SMN lua for like 2 years lol)
By Wotasu 2020-06-13 16:09:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
If perpetuation cost is floored (e.g. -1 MP/tic) when activating Avatar's Favor, the cost is not increased.

-14 prep leaves you at the -1.
First Page 2 3 ... 133 134 135 ... 149 150 151