Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dancer » I'm starting to love main healing on my dnc
I'm starting to love main healing on my dnc
By Mooserocka 2015-04-19 21:48:23
Link | Quote | Reply

lately we have been doing avatar on d and vd. The one day could not get a whm so I healed. It went very well. I'm just asking has anyone solo healed a delve on dnc? I want to try but no one wants to waste time to let me try.
[+]
 Asura.Ivlilla
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: cevkiv
By Asura.Ivlilla 2015-04-19 23:42:01
Link | Quote | Reply

There have been several shark and barneytojil runs I've been on, 6~18 man, where the only reason we did not wipe was because I was in the DD party on DNC, and when the WHM was asleep or out of position and stoned, or the Stunner was asleep or stun resistance was up, was me popping trance and spamming Waltzes with Fan Dance up.

Can't do main healer, as there's too many status effects Healing Waltz doesn't remove, and if you're stoned without a WHM or /WHM to stona you, that's it.

I have, however, soloed the shark for something like 25 minutes until I timed out after everyone else in a run wiped. Shark is really nothing. Tojil's only a problem because of Terror and Break. Weakness I can deal with fine, but once I'm stoned or terror'd, that's pretty much all she wrote.

Generally speaking, though, it seems that anything DNC is capable of being healer on, it's better to just bring a WHM and let the DNC use that TP on WSes instead. At haste cap, I can get off WSes fast enough to self darkness almost perfectly reliably, assuming I can hit, and frequently can self double darkness, just from TP gained from the dual wield seizure. It's much better to bring a WHM and have me spend that TP on WSes than have to blow it on waltzes.

A DNC's healing really shines, imo, in those "oh ***" moments where the WHM is stoned or paralyzed or silenced or dead, and getting off that 1500 Curing Waltz V or 800 Divine Waltz II becomes the difference between a wipe and a little hiccough in the run.
[+]
By Mooserocka 2015-04-20 01:15:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Yea my healing has been more then a whm. I'm going to try the shark one seems like the easiest one to solo heal as dnc. I just want to try since I have solo healed avatar and aa on d and vd.
[+]
 Asura.Dakenx
user: Thebatman
By Asura.Dakenx 2015-04-20 03:34:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Mooserocka said: »
Yea my healing has been more then a whm. I'm going to try the shark one seems like the easiest one to solo heal as dnc. I just want to try since I have solo healed avatar and aa on d and vd.

You are playing with some terrible WHMs but good luck on your run
By Mooserocka 2015-04-20 14:41:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Some are really good. I didn't know I heal more then whm til people told me. I guess dnc can heal for more at waltz cap. But not as often and they need tp. I would rather dd and have a whm but I am having fun healing I am going to try main healing shark delve . Thanks for the best wishes I'm gonna need it.
[+]
 Asura.Materdark
By Asura.Materdark 2015-04-20 15:38:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Mooserocka said: »
Some are really good. I didn't know I heal more then whm til people told me. I guess dnc can heal for more at waltz cap. But not as often and they need tp. I would rather dd and have a whm but I am having fun healing I am going to try main healing shark delve . Thanks for the best wishes I'm gonna need it.

I can see that lol I replaced this guy for WHM and he does have a cure capped set for hes dnc.
By Mooserocka 2015-04-20 16:42:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks matter I am just wondering if anyone has solo healed delve on dnc and how it went. I'm going to try it I hope everyone don't die lol.
 Asura.Brobert
user: arkma
By Asura.Brobert 2015-04-21 00:55:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Really just echoing what's been already said, I feel that dnc is generally underrated as a healer by the player-base; it could never replace a whm, yet a well-geared dancer's waltzes can save a party in situations where the whm is debilitated. Specific to the question at hand, I have tanked (and cleared) delve I bosses, and have beat shark where I was my only healer as dnc/run.

As a side note, these days, I can reliably stun delve nms with violent flourish, though the cooldown timer's length makes it impractical as the only source for stunning, of course; still, it can be useful in desperate situations. Also, contradance, in particular its aoe healing waltz mode, shouldn't be overlooked either.