Forum » Everything Else » Tech Support » FFXI + HP Laptop Remote
FFXI + HP Laptop Remote
 Gilgamesh.Mochang
Server: Gilgamesh
Game: FFXI
user: Mochang
By Gilgamesh.Mochang 2009-08-25 11:26:09
Link | Quote | Reply

So for the past year since I put the game on my HP vista laptop, I have been having problems randomly crashing during gameplay. For the longest time I haven't been able to find a reason why this happens and now I "THINK" I found the answer but have hit a road block.

I have a laptop that has 1 of those wireless remotes you can use for movies etc. After searching today, I find a bunch of stuff saying how people had some problem with something called the "windows ehome transreceiver" which had to do with their remotes. I followed a guide but then got the point where I couldn't find the file it says to uninstall.

I have an HP dv2700 and im trying to find out where to look to find this file I can uninstall. I feel so close to solving this issue and could really use your help with it. Thanks

Edit: Realizing how vague that sounded, the file I was searching for is something like "ENE CIR Receiver".

I was wondering if there was an equivalent in my computer, if any.

I looked under the human interface tab where it was supposed to be but found nothing
 Seraph.Caiyuo
Server: Seraph
user: Caiyuo
By Seraph.Caiyuo 2009-08-25 11:35:43
Link | Quote | Reply

By looking under the human interface tab you mean you were in the Device Managed for Windows yes? Just checking because you shouldn't need to actually uninstall anything, but just disable the hardware or interface that it operates on. Hopefully anyway!
 Gilgamesh.Mochang
By Gilgamesh.Mochang 2009-08-25 11:38:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Yea I do mean that, I was in the device manager.

Sorry if whatever I post sounds stupid but I am an IDIOT when it comes to computers lol. ; ;
 Seraph.Caiyuo
By Seraph.Caiyuo 2009-08-25 12:53:10
Link | Quote | Reply

lol, don't worry, it makes perfect sense. Do you know where the reciever is installed (interior/exterior of the case/USB)? It may be under the a different category or just not specifically named as something you'd recognize. I'll look up your actual computer when I get home later and see if there's something I can do. :p
 Valefor.Lilbusta
Server: Valefor
user:
By Valefor.Lilbusta 2009-08-25 12:57:28
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

It should actually be a built-in to the MOBO.
 Gilgamesh.Mochang
By Gilgamesh.Mochang 2009-08-25 20:29:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Well I found it and got rid of it. I played for a long time and it was fine, i go afk and leave pc on and i crash. I see it reinstalled itself and i do it again. I get back on and then it happens again. im not sure if it is because I didnt restart after uninstalling.

I don't know. Majorly bummed when i thought I found the answer.
 Seraph.Caiyuo
By Seraph.Caiyuo 2009-08-25 20:37:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Did you find an entry in the Device Manager or was it done a different way? Typically with hardware (unless it is disabled) if you try uninstalling it, at the next start-up it will re-detected and installed by the OS. If you can find it in the Device Managed you *should* be able to right-click the entry and tell it to disable itself.
 Gilgamesh.Mochang
By Gilgamesh.Mochang 2009-08-25 22:27:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Yea it was in device manager. If it happens again I will know now to disable it