Forum » Everything Else » Arcade » Random Games
Random Games
 Shiva.Viciousss
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2015-04-24 15:02:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, here is the thing with DICE..they can't make a good single player. They can barely make a functioning multiplayer. Despite all the hype about 32 and 64 man matches, they run like crap. So while it looks good, I think Battlefront is a wait and see game.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2015-04-24 17:13:21
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2015-04-24 17:13:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Wish games would come finished and not have DLC at release or a month after, makes me not want to buy it at all lol
[+]
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2015-04-24 17:22:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Its just not EA anymore, I mean look at Mortal Kombat X, that game is loaded with microtransactions, you can pay for easier fatalities, REALLY? The Witcher 3 seems to be taking a stand against it with all of its free microtransaction-like give aways. But even that game is getting 2 paid expansions. EA is still the worst tho.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2015-04-24 17:23:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, at least Witcher 3 will have free DLC (unless that's changed?)
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2015-04-24 17:28:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Its going to have free cosmetic giveaways and other minor things like that, but its 2 expansions are paid. They are a long way off tho, I think the first one is slated for September or October, with the 2nd one being next year.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2015-04-24 17:28:14
Link | Quote | Reply

How big are those 2 expansions? The small DLC they won't charge for but I can see them charging for content that actually takes a while to make (like with Skyrim's dlcs)
[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2015-04-24 17:29:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Charging for big areas with story and sidequests I don't mind, it takes time to create. Charging for an armor pack or a new hairstyle is just beyond *** up
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2015-04-24 17:43:15
Link | Quote | Reply

From what I have heard, they are fairly large expansions with a lot of content, but I really haven't looked at it too much, still not sure whether or not I will be picking up Witcher 3.
[+]
 Seraph.Ramyrez
Server: Seraph
user: Ramyrez
By Seraph.Ramyrez 2015-04-24 17:55:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Erg. I might be the only person who doesn't mind pay-for-DLC at release or shortly-thereafter.

I don't know if it's the borderline Generation X/Millennial split or what, but much like music, movies, and television, I really don't mind paying for additional content that people put work into making subsequent to their original contribution on the main product. =\

Just because you see it released in close proximity doesn't mean that the majority of workers didn't finish their part a long while ago and then go back and do more.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2015-04-24 18:36:33
Link | Quote | Reply

When they release DLC on the same day it's damn greedy though, should be included on the disc (or in a downloadable patch)
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2015-04-24 19:03:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Black Ops 3 details leaked

Quote:
One of the main highlights is that Black Ops III's campaign will reportedly support co-op for up to four players online, no doubt a nice addition for fans looking for a more social experience outside of multiplayer.

According to the leaked materials, the online co-op mode will use the same network infrastructure that supports Call of Duty's online and Zombies modes.

Looks like they are bringing co-op campaign back after its notable absence for the last, uh, 6 games. Also, zombies returning, so on and so on. At least they are doing a beta finally.
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2015-04-24 19:10:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Gears of War getting remaster treatment

Quote:
The original Gears of War is in the process of being remastered for release on Xbox One, Polygon reports.

Epic Games' 2006 third-person shooter is being improved with enhanced visuals and cutscenes, the latter of which are in the works at visual effects studio Plastic Wax, which GameSpot profiled back in 2013. Similarly, Halo 2's reworked cutscenes in The Master Chief Collection were handled externally by Blur Studio.

Only the first game, which is curious because while I would agree Gears 1 had the best MP of the 3 games, I think the campaign is the weakest just based on its short length and lack of difficulty. It also doesn't have Horde mode. I would welcome a Fenix collection, but neither would compel me to get a Xbox one.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2015-04-24 20:56:04
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [34 days between previous and next post]
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2015-05-28 10:17:16
Link | Quote | Reply

WildStar going Free-to-Play

Quote:
It’s been a long road for Carbine, and one that’s not been easy to walk. WildStar’s failure claimed many casualties at the studio, and it’s still recovering. At its core, WildStar is a good MMO, but it seems players just didn’t think it justified the money at the time of launch. With this in mind, do the developers wish they’d embraced a free-to-play model from the off?

“Honestly, I wish we had. I think it would have been better,” says Donatelli. “[The sub model] is done. I just don’t see it, I don’t personally see it. You can’t have eight free-to-play MMOs launching from countries all over the world then expect to sell your MMO to compete with them. I mean, I’ll try, but I only have so much time in the day.

“You’re just limiting people who can play your game and if your game is good… but having said that, the game is so much better now, I don’t know if it would have been such a good idea? Maybe this was the best way it could have shaken out.”

I vaguely remember when this game came out, the sub fee steered me clear. If it was going f2p on say, May 29th, I might have checked it out, but I will be set by August.
[+]
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2015-06-01 17:44:38
Link | Quote | Reply

XCOM 2 announced as PC exclusive

Quote:
Today, IGN First officially announces that the game 2K hinted at is in fact Firaxis Games’ XCOM 2, a full sequel to 2012’s critically acclaimed XCOM: Enemy Unknown and a continuation of the now 20-year-old legendary turn-based tactical squad combat series, which will be available exclusively on PC this November. Watch the debut trailer above for a glimpse into a future where the aliens are in control of the Earth, and XCOM has gone underground to fight to overthrow their Advent government. This new guerrilla force will face more powerful enemies in unpredictable combat scenarios as they fight to turn the tables on a technologically superior enemy.
[+]
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2015-06-02 11:03:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Fallout 4 News coming June 3

Quote:
Bethesda will make some kind of Fallout-related announcement tomorrow, the publisher announced today through a teaser website. A clock on the page is counting down to 7 AM PDT / 10 AM EDT on June 3.

A line from the website's source contains a reference to Fallout 3's Masterbrain:

"PA system failure has occurred. Shutdown of the Masterbrain has been authorized and all sensitive materials have been removed for security purposes," reads the line. "Please attempt re-access. Have a pleasant day."

Fallout 4, which is reportedly set in and around Boston, has been rumored for years. The word "Institute," supposedly the game's codename, is also referenced in the teaser page's source code.

Bethesda will hold its first-ever E3 briefing later this month in Los Angeles. The show is set for the evening of Sunday, June 14. GameSpot will bring you all the news from the event as it's announced.

Looks like something is coming tomorrow morning.
[+]
 Bismarck.Misao
user: misacat
By Bismarck.Misao 2015-06-02 11:44:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
INFINITE CRISIS CLOSING: AUGUST 14TH, 2015
By Anonymous
June 02, 2015
SHARE:
Facebook

Twitter

Google+
After much deliberation, we regret to announce the official shutdown of Infinite Crisis. We will end development efforts today and will close the service on August 14, 2015.

Between now and August 14th, the game will remain available to play completely free. If you have any questions, contact Customer Service for assistance at http://support.infinitecrisis.com.

This was an extremely difficult decision to make. On behalf of the entire Infinite Crisis team we want to thank all of you for your feedback, support and for joining together to create one of the best communities in gaming.
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2015-06-02 11:47:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Didn't Infinite Crisis launch in like..March of this year?
 Bismarck.Misao
user: misacat
By Bismarck.Misao 2015-06-02 12:39:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Infinite Crisis is Turbine's first original title since the company's purchase by Warner Brothers in 2010, and the first non-massively multiplayer online role-playing game produced by the studio.

Infinite Crisis began closed beta testing on May 8, 2013.[6] The game went into open beta on March 14, 2014.[7] The team plans on continually introducing new heroes and villains from the multiverse as well as added in new maps and game modes even as the game is fully released.[8] The game was released on Steam on March 26, 2015.[1] On June 2, 2015, Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment announced that Infinite Crisis will be shut down in August.[9]
[+]
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2015-06-02 13:01:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't think I have ever seen an MMO fail that fast...
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2015-06-03 11:20:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Fallout 4 revealed

YouTube Video Placeholder

Quote:
Bethesda has confirmed Fallout 4 is coming to PS4, Xbox One and PC and released an in-game trailer for the game revealing it's set in Boston.

The trailer, which you can see below, brings to an end years of speculation and rumours about the highly-anticipated title and gives glimpses at the expansive world we'll be traversing. It also includes the infamous tagline "War. War never changes" said by Ron Perlman.
Fallout 4 Reveal Trailer
03:04

The trailer confirms reports the next entry in the franchise will take place in The Commonwealth - the fictional universe's version of Massachusetts that’s been referenced in prior games. In Fallout 3 side quest The Replicated Man, players encounter a scientist named Dr. Zimmer who comes from The Commonwealth, a “war-ravaged quagmire of violence and despair” where he notes he and his colleagues created androids that have escaped and are running wild. Zimmer also references The Institute, which it seems is a future version of the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT).

The Commonwealth also contains the Railroad, which runs in direct opposition to the Institute and aims to rescue the androids that have been created. A branch of the Commonwealth Police known as the Synth Retention Bureau is in charge of capturing androids that have escaped from the Institute.

Bethesda has confirmed we'll be seeing gameplay at its E3 press conference on June 14, and Todd Howard has once again returned to direct.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Lynxblade
Server: Carbuncle
user: Lynxblade
By Carbuncle.Lynxblade 2015-06-03 11:44:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Viciousss said: »
Fallout 4 revealed

YouTube Video Placeholder

Quote:
Bethesda has confirmed Fallout 4 is coming to PS4, Xbox One and PC and released an in-game trailer for the game revealing it's set in Boston.

The trailer, which you can see below, brings to an end years of speculation and rumours about the highly-anticipated title and gives glimpses at the expansive world we'll be traversing. It also includes the infamous tagline "War. War never changes" said by Ron Perlman.
Fallout 4 Reveal Trailer
03:04

The trailer confirms reports the next entry in the franchise will take place in The Commonwealth - the fictional universe's version of Massachusetts that’s been referenced in prior games. In Fallout 3 side quest The Replicated Man, players encounter a scientist named Dr. Zimmer who comes from The Commonwealth, a “war-ravaged quagmire of violence and despair” where he notes he and his colleagues created androids that have escaped and are running wild. Zimmer also references The Institute, which it seems is a future version of the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT).

The Commonwealth also contains the Railroad, which runs in direct opposition to the Institute and aims to rescue the androids that have been created. A branch of the Commonwealth Police known as the Synth Retention Bureau is in charge of capturing androids that have escaped from the Institute.

Bethesda has confirmed we'll be seeing gameplay at its E3 press conference on June 14, and Todd Howard has once again returned to direct.

I expect Zicdeh to appear on the forums at anytime with a huge ***.....may bee not since he hasn't seem to commented on ffxiah for a while...
By fonewear 2015-06-03 12:14:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm excited it has been way too long for a Fallout title !
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2015-06-03 12:20:55
Link | Quote | Reply

What would be really awesome is if it came out this year.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-06-03 12:23:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Viciousss said: »
What would be really awesome is if it came out this year.

I wouldn't be shocked if it got a Christmas time release. Or the very latest spring 2016.
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2015-06-03 12:30:04
Link | Quote | Reply

This holiday is pretty stacked, but Fallout is a title that can command attention. That said I think Spring of next year is more likely, I'm sure Ubisoft is quivering at that idea.
By fonewear 2015-06-03 12:31:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Yea the list of games this year or coming out this yea/early next year are finally worthy of people making the jump to PS4/Xbox one.