~First and Final Line of Defense v2.0~
First Page 2 3 ... 137 138 139
 Bahamut.Vethric
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: fusional
By Bahamut.Vethric 2023-11-12 23:15:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I've always been curious how the game handles glow priority if you're wearing Stage 5 Duban + AG mainhand?
 Ragnarok.Martel
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2023-11-12 23:17:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Afterglow visual priority is main>range>sub. So Mainhand AG will overwrite Duban glow.
 Bahamut.Vethric
user: fusional
By Bahamut.Vethric 2023-11-12 23:20:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Martel said: »
Afterglow visual priority is main>range>sub. So Mainhand AG will overwrite Duban glow.

Feels bad man

Can people who've already r15'd all the swords just make a fresh new 75 excal or burty for the lockstyle? (without having to drop them obv Lol)
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2023-11-12 23:38:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Vethric said: »
Can people who've already r15'd all the swords just make a fresh new 75 excal or burty for the lockstyle? (without having to drop them obv Lol)
Hmm, I know you can't make a new prime when you have one upgraded. I feel like similar limitations may be in place for other rema, but at the same time I swear someone did this once.. maybe it was once possible and got patched?
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
Server: Carbuncle
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2023-11-13 00:20:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Idk about all, but you definitely cannot get a new relic of the same
 Bahamut.Boposhopo
user: Boposhopo
By Bahamut.Boposhopo 2023-11-13 00:22:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Someone tried to do it a while ago with Foma as well, wanted a pouch and gun for bullets. Was able to do every step except the completion part of the aeonic I think. This was like 4-5 years ago I think.
 Asura.Qibble
Server: Asura
user: KibbleK
By Asura.Qibble 2023-11-13 08:41:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmm, I know you can't make a new prime when you have one upgraded. I feel like similar limitations may be in place for other rema, but at the same time I swear someone did this once.. maybe it was once possible and got patched?

I accidentally made a second tizona, so yeah you can do it.

[+]
 Carbuncle.Elvaanmoq
Guildwork Premium
user: Imoq
By Carbuncle.Elvaanmoq 2023-11-13 11:31:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Feels bad man

If this is an issue, you can just lockstyle some level 1 Prime Weapon on your main hand, even if you are wearing an Afterglow fully upgraded weapon there it won't take priority on the shield's glow:

I know, it's silly and it's just cosmetic but can't stop looking at that purple glow :)
 Bahamut.Zedoma
user: zedoma
By Bahamut.Zedoma 2023-11-13 14:42:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Nothing special on shield bash? I knew I would end up making 2 stage4s instead of 1 stage5 after doing my testing on my Duban early on and finding no hidden effects. Guess I can move forward with that idea after all cause the t-mobile glow is not enough.

edit: 01/05 Well I am eating my own words.
 Carbuncle.Elvaanmoq
Guildwork Premium
user: Imoq
By Carbuncle.Elvaanmoq 2023-11-13 20:10:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Zedoma said: »
Nothing special on shield bash? I knew I would end up making 2 stage4s instead of 1 stage5 after doing my testing on my Duban early on and finding no hidden effects. Guess I can move forward with that idea after all cause the t-mobile glow is not enough.

I haven't really seen anything special or different on Shield Bash but I'm open for suggestions to test something you may think of. I really doubt there will be some "hidden stat" but we never know :)

The extra 5% MDT II and other stats increase is very well worth it for me, but of course, I would have still done it even without those :D
[+]
By jarhead402011 2023-12-07 01:43:35
Link | Quote | Reply

The bg wiki guide for the hybrid 4 set wants full sakpata, does that imply its fully augmented or will it still work well unaugmented?
By Seun 2023-12-07 07:16:27
Link | Quote | Reply

jarhead402011 said: »
The bg wiki guide for the hybrid 4 set wants full sakpata, does that imply its fully augmented or will it still work well unaugmented?

Sakpata's armor augments are mostly offensive. You don't need them to get the HP/MP, DEF, attributes and MEVA.
By jarhead402011 2023-12-07 15:53:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Seun said: »

Sakpata's armor augments are mostly offensive. You don't need them to get the HP/MP, DEF, attributes and MEVA.

Awesome, thank you!
By jarhead402011 2024-01-01 20:48:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Can anyone explain to me how i need my gearswap set up for aoe tanking? I have a sird set for blue magic but im having trouble holding hate in a simple aoelian edge aoe party.

I think currently it puts on fast cast and then switches to sird and then casts. Do i need to have an enmity set that needs to be swapped into at any point? If so, when and how?
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-01-01 23:27:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Can't speak to the Gearswap part itself, but your enmity will be in your SIRD set, because that's the set which is on when the spell lands and that's when the enmity for the spell is calculated. You have to balance SIRD, Enmity, DT, and your HP to make one set that does it all.
 Bahamut.Phinneus
user: ayer
By Bahamut.Phinneus 2024-01-02 02:17:20
Link | Quote | Reply

How many mobs are being pulled at a time? There’s a cap on how many targets that will be hit by your BLU spells (Max 15). You’ll want to switch targets while cycling through your enmity spells.

Toss in enmity where you can while maintaining 101% SIRD.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2024-01-02 08:33:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Phinneus said: »
Toss in enmity where you can while maintaining 101% SIRD.
Do 102% to be safe. I have verified instances of 101% being insufficient to cap.

Or, do a good long test at 101% to make sure you're capping using the specific sird pieces in question. Since actual SIRD values on gear may vary in much the same way that haste gear does, some combinations might be sufficient at 101% and others might not. Although, I've yet to run into a combination that did not reliably cap at 102%.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-01-02 08:44:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Here's my SIRD set as an example, you may wish to adjust it depending on how much HP your idle set has. This includes 50% DT, obvious 102% SIRD, and as much enmity as I could cram in there. You may also wish to add more meva/resist if you're facing certain mobs who do loads of magic attacks, since Souv. especially has terrible meva. This should work pretty well for most situations though, it has served me well.

ItemSet 394268
VIP
By Lili 2024-01-02 17:08:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Qibble said: »

I accidentally made a second tizona, so yeah you can do it.

Is this a photoshop :o
 Carbuncle.Nynja
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-01-02 17:45:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Both weapons are different ID, and I cant imagine that SE's rare check goes beyond "char cant have two items of the same ID".

They would run into problems trying to get that second one to 119-III
[+]
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2024-01-02 18:38:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Can anyone explain to me how i need my gearswap set up for aoe tanking? I have a sird set for blue magic but im having trouble holding hate in a simple aoelian edge aoe party.

I think currently it puts on fast cast and then switches to sird and then casts. Do i need to have an enmity set that needs to be swapped into at any point? If so, when and how?
What gear options do you have? I can run my optimizer and get you the most enmity out of it without sacrificing any defensive stats
By Mrxi 2024-01-02 19:15:51
Link | Quote | Reply

You can't very well because aoe only gets hate on 15 other mobs, make sure everyone is using /as macro to target same mob, when first bunch die re tag and get more hate.
By jarhead402011 2024-01-02 20:12:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Austar said: »

What gear options do you have? I can run my optimizer and get you the most enmity out of it without sacrificing any defensive stats

Gear options id say pretty much everything outside of like regal gauntlets and any volte pieces
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [35 days between previous and next post]
By Gasho 2024-02-06 18:18:45
Link | Quote | Reply

im having dmg problem with my pld in ody c, mobs are getting me to yellow hp even in the first floor (not using sentinel or rampart), i have a RuneFencer and it feels like the RUN can take dmg better than my pld dont know what mistake i did but suspect that my phalanx set is not working maybe because im using "priority" on the gearswap(Selindrile's Gearswap)? GS working good, i see the set getting equipped but dont know lets see what the experts got to say ^^,
burt+Srivatsa 45ML
protect while Srivatsa on
omelette on

phalanx sird set :
main="Sakpata's Sword",
sub="Priwen",
ammo="Staunch Tathlum +1",
head={ name="Souv. Schaller +1", augments={'HP+105','Enmity+9','Potency of "Cure" effect received +15%',},priority=15},
body={ name="Yorium Cuirass", augments={'Spell interruption rate down -10%','Phalanx +3',}},
hands={ name="Souv. Handsch. +1", augments={'HP+105','Enmity+9','Potency of "Cure" effect received +15%',},priority=14},
legs="Founder's Hose",
feet={ name="Souveran Schuhs +1", augments={'HP+105','Enmity+9','Potency of "Cure" effect received +15%',},priority=13},
neck="Moonlight Necklace",
waist="Audumbla Sash",
right_ear={ name="Odnowa Earring +1",priority=16},
left_ear={ name="Tuisto Earring",priority=14},
left_ring={ name="Gelatinous Ring +1",priority=13},
right_ring="Defending Ring",
back={ name="Weard Mantle", augments={'VIT+2','DEX+1','Enmity+6','Phalanx +5',}},

and thats my tanking/idle set

ammo="Staunch Tathlum +1",
head={ name="Chev. Armet +3",priority=15},
body={ name="Sakpata's Plate",priority=12},
hands={ name="Sakpata's Gauntlets", augments={'Path: A',}},
legs={ name="Sakpata's Cuisses",priority=14},
feet={ name="Sakpata's Leggings",priority=11},
neck="Warder's Charm +1",
waist="Carrier's Sash",
right_ear={ name="Odnowa Earring +1", augments={'Path: A',}},
left_ear={ name="Tuisto Earring",priority=15},
left_ring={name="Moonlight Ring", bag="wardrobe4"},
right_ring={name="Moonlight Ring", bag="wardrobe3"},
back={ name="Rudianos's Mantle", augments={'HP+60','Eva.+20 /Mag. Eva.+20','HP+20','Enmity+10','Phys. dmg. taken-10%',}},

and this is Fast Cast set

ammo="Incantor Stone",
head={ name="Carmine Mask +1", augments={'Accuracy+20','Mag. Acc.+12','"Fast Cast"+4',}},
body={ name="Rev. Surcoat +3",priority=15},
hands={ name="Odyssean Gauntlets", augments={'"Fast Cast"+6','Accuracy+9',}},
legs={ name="Odyssean Cuisses", augments={'Accuracy+7','"Fast Cast"+6','Attack+6',}},
feet="Chev. Sabatons +3",
neck={ name="Unmoving Collar +1", augments={'Path: A',},priority=15},
waist={ name="Plat. Mog. Belt",priority=15},
left_ear={ name="Etiolation Earring",priority=11},
right_ear="Loquac. Earring",
left_ring="Kishar Ring",
right_ring="Weather. Ring",
back={ name="Rudianos's Mantle", augments={'HP+60','"Fast Cast"+10','Spell interruption rate down-10%',}},
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2024-02-06 18:37:17
Link | Quote | Reply

If you aren't sure if your phalanx gear is swapping in properly you can test it by manually equipping your phalanx gear and casting Phalanx with gearswap unloaded. Then load gearswap and cast it again.

If Phalanx casts with the same or higher potency, it will overwrite. It it casts with reduced potency it will have no effect.

EDIT: That said, Ideally, you'd want to have a RDM or SCH in your group that can cast Phalanx on you with 500 skill and max duration gear while you wear all your phalanx+ gear. You get more base potency than PLD can hit alone, and you don't have to recast as often, making things much safer.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [39 days between previous and next post]
 Leviathan.Frotato
Server: Leviathan
user: Frotaut2
By Leviathan.Frotato 2024-03-17 00:04:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I’ve been gone a long time.. is this game still chillen is a pld relevant?
 Leviathan.Frotato
Server: Leviathan
user: Frotaut2
By Leviathan.Frotato 2024-03-17 00:05:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Frotaut here wondering if it’s worth checking again
By Taint 2024-03-17 06:41:46
Link | Quote | Reply

PLD is used in upper tier content currently. I'd say its in its best useful place in quite some time.

Its used often in Odyssey Sheol farming (mainly C) which leads to Odyssey NM farming.

PLD is also used in Aminion in Sortie.
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-03-17 13:05:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Adding on to the above, PLD is great for Omen, Dynamis [D], Vagary, most ambus, some HTBF, and a handful of master trials. It's very commonly used and outside of melee zerg and (some) magic-only strats, it's pretty much always got a slot.

It's not as (nearly) universal as BRD or COR, but it's got a lot of representation in most endgame content.
By Taint 2024-04-14 15:57:59
Link | Quote | Reply

For Aminion are you using Asklepain or Carrier's?

Are you swapping out of MDB/Meva gear for cure and stoneskin?
First Page 2 3 ... 137 138 139