Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Paladin » ~First and Final Line of Defense v2.0~
~First and Final Line of Defense v2.0~
First Page 2 3 ... 135 136 137 138 139
By Nariont 2023-09-06 16:49:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Echoing the 1st option, especially if r15 kotr is pretty solid at 1k which unless im mistaken as single wield and 1 target you'll likely not get too far over on the regular on pld. It's minor and depends on kill speed but can also drop a banish II to curb some of the damage resistance from slashing.

Alternatively like the above said, you could go for club, just limits you to the beryllium mace since SE has been keeping pld off strong clubs for a good while for some reason

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Boposhopo
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Boposhopo
By Bahamut.Boposhopo 2023-09-06 18:31:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Biggest benefit of KC is fast TP building/TP overflow, and KotR has no TP scaling and CDC's TP scaling isn't all that great. Really just leaves you with the Beryllium mace as a potential best option as Black Halo does scaled very well with TP. Can give it a shot, but as you mentioned, really depends on your offhand acc.
By Shichishito 2023-09-06 18:48:13
Link | Quote | Reply

There is a Apex Poxhound in Ra'Kaznar Inner Court if you can make 1,384 eva work. They have slashing weakness similar to skeletons blunt weakness, the entire camp is exclusively hounds so you don't have to worry that you pull a DRK by mistake instead of a WAR.

If you need to make use of TP overflow there is always savage blade and if KoR is a decent fusion WS KoR -> Savage Blade might be worth it even without naegling?
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2023-09-06 20:33:40
Link | Quote | Reply

you can probably get a 3 step with KoR and Savage
[+]
 Cerberus.Dekar
Server: Cerberus
user: Dekar1
By Cerberus.Dekar 2023-09-07 20:47:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Geriond said: »
Just got done testing Abyssea elemental sachet absorb rates.

I used Cuelebre as my target as every single one of his attacks, including his normal attack, is earth element, and he's weak enough that I can AFK 2 hours at a time completely safely.

He attacked me 3756 times (3403 normal attacks, 353 Bai Wings), and I absorbed 121 times, giving me an absorb rate of 3.22%.

The 95% confidence interval with that sample size is 2.7%-3.8%.
Given that SE almost always programs these stats with whole percentages, it's almost certainly a 3% absorb rate.

I decided to test and see if the Warder's Charm +1 and the Elemental Sachet from Abyssea stack. Looks like they do! I tested on the En-water/Hundred Fists, Bubble Shower, and Waterga V from Emperor Arthro.

No Absorb: 3121
Absorb: 259
Total: 3380

Absorb percentage: 7.7%
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
Server: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2023-09-07 22:03:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Dekar said: »
Just got done testing Abyssea elemental sachet absorb rates.

I used Cuelebre as my target as every single one of his attacks, including his normal attack, is earth element, and he's weak enough that I can AFK 2 hours at a time completely safely.

He attacked me 3756 times (3403 normal attacks, 353 Bai Wings), and I absorbed 121 times, giving me an absorb rate of 3.22%.

The 95% confidence interval with that sample size is 2.7%-3.8%.
Given that SE almost always programs these stats with whole percentages, it's almost certainly a 3% absorb rate.

I decided to test and see if the Warder's Charm +1 and the Elemental Sachet from Abyssea stack. Looks like they do! I tested on the En-water/Hundred Fists, Bubble Shower, and Waterga V from Emperor Arthro.

No Absorb: 3121
Absorb: 259
Total: 3380

Absorb percentage: 7.7%

Something to note, all percentages in this game are really /1024. It's normally close enough that we don't care, but something to pay attention to if working with small numbers that look like they might have decimal places.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Nariont 2023-09-11 09:14:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Would have figured itd pick something else for the body/legs but otherwise looks alright
By Blazed1979 2023-09-11 14:09:21
Link | Quote | Reply

base duban ninja nerfed?
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
Server: Carbuncle
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2023-09-11 15:16:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Any reason to think so?
By Blazed1979 2023-09-12 15:06:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Maletaru said: »
Any reason to think so?
I have one and the Locus mobs seem to be getting in a lot more unblocked hits than before.
I'm also higher ML now with higher skill so this shouldn't be happening. Never had so many spells interrupted before. actually switched to ochain because it was so bad.
 Bahamut.Boposhopo
By Bahamut.Boposhopo 2023-09-12 17:11:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Blazed1979 said: »
Any reason to think so?
I have one and the Locus mobs seem to be getting in a lot more unblocked hits than before.
I'm also higher ML now with higher skill so this shouldn't be happening. Never had so many spells interrupted before. actually switched to ochain because it was so bad.

Had 100% block rate on mobs in Ody with just reprisal when I pulled the whole floor 2, haven't noticed a difference.
[+]
 Phoenix.Iocus
Server: Phoenix
user: androwe
By Phoenix.Iocus 2023-09-13 07:57:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm trying to decided if Founder's Corona or Carrier Sash are worth trying to use for Death or Charm sets. For magic damage having elemental resistance allows for another tier of resistance. Does anyone know if status effects work the same way?

Otherwise I'm just getting less magic evasion or other stats in those slots.
 Bahamut.Boposhopo
By Bahamut.Boposhopo 2023-09-13 11:06:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Iocus said: »
I'm trying to decided if Founder's Corona or Carrier Sash are worth trying to use for Death or Charm sets. For magic damage having elemental resistance allows for another tier of resistance. Does anyone know if status effects work the same way?

Yes status effects work roughly the same way, having that elemental resist gives you a much higher chance of resisting Death or Charm. I personally think Founder's is giving up a little too much for me, but I do use Carrier Sash for those elemental resists if I know I'm dealing with charm/death. Otherwise I usually just use a Warder's Charm instead for the chance to absorb.
[+]
By Blazed1979 2023-09-14 04:48:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Boposhopo said: »
Any reason to think so?

Had 100% block rate on mobs in Ody with just reprisal when I pulled the whole floor 2, haven't noticed a difference.
Any reason to think so?

that's odd. we're talking the Base Duban with def 140, shield skill +118 and "slowly devours your soul" ?
 Bahamut.Boposhopo
By Bahamut.Boposhopo 2023-09-14 10:56:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Any reason to think so?

that's odd. we're talking the Base Duban with def 140, shield skill +118 and "slowly devours your soul" ?

Yup, still stage 2 shield. Between Ody and Dyna I've noticed no issues with block rate or how much dmg is mitigated from a block.
 Asura.Geriond
Server: Asura
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2023-09-14 11:03:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Iocus said: »

Yes status effects work roughly the same way, having that elemental resist gives you a much higher chance of resisting Death or Charm. I personally think Founder's is giving up a little too much for me, but I do use Carrier Sash for those elemental resists if I know I'm dealing with charm/death. Otherwise I usually just use a Warder's Charm instead for the chance to absorb.
Death can't be resisted outside of specific "Resist Death" pieces like Shadow Ring. MEVA and resistance don't do anything against it.
 Valefor.Dathus
Server: Valefor
user: Dathus
By Valefor.Dathus 2023-09-14 19:33:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Just got to the incomplete Duban shield stage, using it over Priwen. Is there any use for Priwen still, and what would it be good for?
 Bahamut.Boposhopo
By Bahamut.Boposhopo 2023-09-14 19:40:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Dathus said: »
Just got to the incomplete Duban shield stage, using it over Priwen. Is there any use for Priwen still, and what would it be good for?

Phalanx, if you want the extra MEVA can use it for that too.
 Bahamut.Boposhopo
By Bahamut.Boposhopo 2023-09-14 19:40:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Death can't be resisted outside of specific "Resist Death" pieces like Shadow Ring. MEVA and resistance don't do anything against it.

Learn something new every day, always thought dark resist/meva helped.
 Ragnarok.Martel
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2023-09-14 21:03:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Dathus said: »
Priwen reduces significantly more dmg on block. 80% reduction vs Duban/Ochain's 60%. Most of the time, this doesn't matter. Because after PDT, Block, and Phalanx, most hits tend towards 0 dmg. Even with Duban's lower reduction.

But if you are still taking dmg post block, and Priwen can still cap blockrate with Reprisal up, then it's a option to help suppress dmg down to 0.
 Bismarck.Leneth
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Leneth 2023-09-30 04:54:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Since Duban is the main shield right now, do we know the maximum amount of shield skill/block rate+ we need to have 100% block rate vs the toughest mob without Reprisal?
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2023-09-30 07:56:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Leneth said: »
Since Duban is the main shield right now, do we know the maximum amount of shield skill/block rate+ we need to have 100% block rate vs the toughest mob without Reprisal?
Hmmmmm, quick and dirty estimate based on Ochain vs 139 mobs test(cause that's what I have data for bookmarked. lol), then accounting for Duban skill(Stage 2, 118 skill) and cranking up the mob level...

Stage 2 Duban with Shield skill+45 and block+30 should just barely hit 100% block rate on 150 mobs without Reprisal. And getting block+ that high requires either Dark Matter block+ augs or R15 Excalibur.

Without Excal or DM augs, the best you could do would be 96.6% with +65 skill and block+22. Use stage5 Duban(+16 more skill) on top of that rather than stage 2 and you'd juuust barely cap. 100.095%.

Or you can just cast Reprisal. And There. Done. No extra skill or block+ required. You just cap on the highest level mobs in the game with just a stage 2 shield and reprisal.
[+]
By Felgarr 2023-09-30 09:06:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Martel said: »
Bismarck.Leneth said: »
Hmmmmm, quick and dirty estimate based on Ochain vs 139 mobs test(cause that's what I have data for bookmarked. lol), then accounting for Duban skill(Stage 2, 118 skill) and cranking up the mob level...

Stage 2 Duban with Shield skill+45 and block+30 should just barely hit 100% block rate on 150 mobs. And getting block+ that high requires either Dark Matter block+ augs or R15 Excalibur.

Without Excal or DM augs, the best you could do would be 96.6% with +65 skill and block+22. Use stage5 Duban(+16 more skill) on top of that rather than stage 2 and you'd juuust barely cap. 100.095%.

Or you can just cast Reprisal. And There. Done. No extra skill or block+ required. You just cap on the highest level mobs in the game with just a stage 2 shield and reprisal.

Could you adjust for ML50 PLD (with +50 Shield Skill from ML+0)? I'm trying to see if I can swap from Excalibur to Burtgang. This set is pre-Duban, ML0, requires haste, phalanx and reprisal and gives 100% block rate up to ML145:

Code xml
			<main augment="O257954938880230">Excalibur</main>
			<sub augment="D2938581430530">Priwen</sub>
			<ammo>Staunch Tathlum +1</ammo>
			<head>Sakpata's Helm</head>
			<body>Sacro Breastplate</body>
			<hands augment="D4106239164418">Souv. Handsch. +1</hands> <!-- Path D -->
			<legs>Sakpata's Cuisses</legs>
			<feet>Rev. Leggings +3</feet>
			<neck augment="O2456978194432305">Unmoving Collar +1</neck>
			<waist>Carrier's Sash</waist>
			<ear1 augment="O2456978194432367">Odnowa Earring +1</ear1>
			<ear2 augment="S70520143283852">Chev. Earring</ear2> <!-- Acc/M.Acc+9 -->
			<ring1>Defending Ring</ring1>
			<ring2 augment="O2456978194432316">Gelatinous Ring +1</ring2>
			<back augment="S79502400133199560678951">Rudianos's Mantle</back> <!-- HP+80 Enmity+10 Block+5 M.Evasion/Evasion+20 -->

The body is exchangeable of course and doesn't add to the blocking value so I just opted for Counter/Regen from Sacro body. The person who did the math deserves the credit, when I tested this set in 2020, but I don't know what name he goes by on these forums.
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2023-09-30 09:59:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmmm. Yeah, the Ochain sample I used as a base was pre master level.

So, if ML 45+, you can just use the block+30. If trying to use Burtgang...

ML43, stage 2 Duban, skill+75 in gear, block+14, would just barely cap without Reprisal on a 150 mob. Being ML 50 isn't enough of a difference to let you swap out anything. So ML43 is sufficient in this case.

As usual though, this is a bunch of gear I wouldn't want to wear.

Gear breakdown
Skill+
Chev.Armet+3(15)
Combatant's(or agelast)(15)
Souv+1 hands[D](15)
Chev.ear(10)
Rev feet+3(20)
75 total
Should be 676 skill overall. 440+43+118+75

Block+
Rudianos[block auged](8)
Arjuna breeches(4)
Thureous earring(2)
14 total

Stage 4 Duban, ML 46, and swapping Thureous for R15 Zwazo+1 should let you drop Arjuna, and just barely cap. 690 total shield skill, block+11.

But really. Just cast reprisal, and then wear whatever you want.
[+]
By Hopalong 2023-10-03 14:25:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey all,

Quick question. For Ody C segment farms what's better? /blu or foil /run?

Also, do you guys change main hand weapon like divinity, deacon or malignance sword for casts or just lock main hand? I can't remember if causes blink unlock if someone casts spell on you even with addon.
 Bahamut.Boposhopo
By Bahamut.Boposhopo 2023-10-03 15:17:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Hopalong said: »
Hey all,

Quick question. For Ody C segment farms what's better? /blu or foil /run?

Also, do you guys change main hand weapon like divinity, deacon or malignance sword for casts or just lock main hand? I can't remember if causes blink unlock if someone casts spell on you even with addon.

Answering last question first, doesn't cause blink if you have a sword lockstyled. If you swap to a differnet weapon type (i.e swap to a club) then you'll blink. Generally I don't swap swords unless I have a SCH or RDM casting Phalanx on me, otherwise I personally keep Burt on 100% of the time. Shields do get swapped depending on the situation though.

In terms of BLU or RUN, for segments I don't think it matters as much. I've seen both and the only difference is it's slightly more risky to go /RUN than /BLU only cause you have to tag with Banishga or something AoE first, then use Foil for Enmity vs just Geist Wall. However Foil will generate far more enmity over time so once you get things tagged, and start casting, you're far more likely to retain that enmity instead of having mobs turn away. So if your pty can make the adjustment easily to waiting till you foil before doing anything, then /RUN would likely be better. Otherwise you can just stick /BLU, it's worked up till now, not like it's not still a good option.
[+]
By Hopalong 2023-10-03 15:26:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Right, thanks for the response!
First Page 2 3 ... 135 136 137 138 139