Killer Instinct: The Beastmaster Compendium

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Beast Master » Killer Instinct: The Beastmaster Compendium
Killer Instinct: The Beastmaster Compendium
First Page 2 3 ... 141 142 143 ... 176 177 178
By SimonSes 2021-12-23 17:45:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Slenn said: »
@Simonses

What would you do for a AM3 TP set? And what would you sub with the Aymur in that case?

Idk, it would probably depends what you want to do. Self SC? Use physical WSs or Primal Rend? Do you need extra pet DT to keep pet alive? What's the accuracy requirements? Kraken Club, Agwu's Axe, Crepuscular Knife and Fernagu, all seems really good for different things. Main armor slots would be most likely 5/5 Malignance and Gleti's hands being a nice piece that's a small downgrade for master, but adding significant -8%DT for a pet. For KC offhand I would probably put store TP accessories everywhere, but for other offhands I would probably mix it with gere ring and Sherida earring.
By shamgi 2022-01-07 13:59:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Benn experimenting with various pets for EPing, gotten some interesting results.

Results: Ruinator is still bad.

Anyways, I think the really interesting thing I found is that Choral is a 1 step ready move that leads into a 3 step dark chain.

Pecking Flurry > Savage Blade > Primal Rend is simple, 1 charge ready move that works with our best and generally the best WS in the game, so it's easily applicable for groups. I was generally suprised by Pecking Flurry as well, I was averaging 7.5k hits on Apex Jagils/Crabs, with some as high as 10-11k. That's some pretty nice numbers for a 1 charge ready move.

On the trust side of things, it's tricky, but Maximilian weirdly is suited well for this. He goes right away, will always chain with Choral, and always makes Distortion. Only problem is that while he's happy to chain, he also will go if there's no chain out there, so he's ironically enough faster than you are without buffs. I didn't have a good AM3 TP set going, so I was slower than I would be, so with a proper set it likely wouldn't be an issue.

Though I think this would fall apart again higher level apex mobs, it was quite nice. 1 SC to death against apex crabs/jagils with another person, I think.
By Minaras84 2022-01-11 00:38:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Quick question, best tank pet against phys damage?
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-01-11 00:46:32
Link | Quote | Reply

The Slime, Patrice, is extremely tanky and even comes with her own self heal in Digest.
[+]
 Sylph.Kalmado
Server: Sylph
user: Kalmado7
By Sylph.Kalmado 2022-01-11 16:37:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I solo CP and am at 780 right now. I'm using Guttler/Agwu's and the guide's recommendations for Onslaught gear. Thing is, none of my Gleti's is augmented nor will it be anytime remotely soon. Would I be better off using full WSD gear in place of Gleti's for Onslaught?
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2022-01-11 16:49:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes. Just looking at the set, it appears to be under the assumption you're taking advantage of the PDL, which you most likely won't be doing solo.
By SimonSes 2022-01-11 17:11:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Austar said: »
Yes. Just looking at the set, it appears to be under the assumption you're taking advantage of the PDL, which you most likely won't be doing solo.

I mean it's not completely impossible.
Assuming Apex bats (so slug can double dip as Killer Instinct source) which has 1175 def at 130lv.
With /dnc, doing just initial one box step (first step is most important, because it does -5% def. each one after that is just -2%), KoH doing Dia III, Sylvie's Frailty and Slug doing Ooze we have a little over 70% def down effect. This reduces Bats def to ~344. That set in guide has +32%PDL, so you would need ~1567 attack to cap in that set. I think that should be possible with just Trust buffs (I assume not pet switching), especially that this set has pretty good +attack even without augments on Gleti's and Guttler alone has +60 attack and +10% attack aftermath.
 Bahamut.Unagihito
Server: Bahamut
user: eelman
By Bahamut.Unagihito 2022-01-11 17:22:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Malignance has 52 more DEX on it ( Onslaught is DEX mod ), not sure how that compares to the big loss of attack? Maybe could keep Gleti's legs.
[+]
By SimonSes 2022-01-11 17:38:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Unagihito said: »
Malignance has 52 more DEX on it ( Onslaught is DEX mod ), not sure how that compares to the big loss of attack? Maybe could keep Gleti's legs.

That set is not full Gleti's. That wouldn't make sense against 10%WSD AF hands and Relic head (especially that relic head is also +5 killer effect).

Legs for sure Gleti's.

Now Body and Feet hmmm..
Malignance Body is 15 more DEX and 3%less PDL and has no attack. That would probably almost even out, but Gleti's also has 20 more STR. So I would say Gleti's would win here.
Malignance boots are only 11 more DEX and also 3% pdl less, which again could be close, but again Gleti's has 22 higher STR.
Onslaught is 80%DEX, but there is still fSTR involved, so I don't see Malignance pulling ahead in any slot.

EDIT: Ofc use Empy+1 body if you are using Killer Instinct.
By Minaras84 2022-01-13 19:41:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
The Slime, Patrice, is extremely tanky and even comes with her own self heal in Digest.
Thanks sir!
By Minaras84 2022-01-13 19:42:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Is Submerged Iyo our best pet against Magic?
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2022-01-14 15:21:01
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »
I mean it's not completely impossible.
Assuming Apex bats (so slug can double dip as Killer Instinct source) which has 1175 def at 130lv.

The thing about Guttler/Onslaught is that Slug is a bad SC partner. I prefer to use Bertha (if AoE isn't a problem) to do simple double darkness SCs: Onslaught > Tegmina > Onslaught. Very effective. Pentapeck works too and is a single target, though as a 3 charge move that means slower SCs.

I find it fairly unreliable to expect to be able to self SCs with axes other than Aymur/Mythic AM3 in typical BST TP sets, so you do kinda need the pet or trusts if you're solo.

Bahamut.Unagihito said: »

That set is not full Gleti's. That wouldn't make sense against 10%WSD AF hands and Relic head (especially that relic head is also +5 killer effect).

Legs for sure Gleti's.

Now Body and Feet hmmm..
Malignance Body is 15 more DEX and 3%less PDL and has no attack. That would probably almost even out, but Gleti's also has 20 more STR. So I would say Gleti's would win here.
Malignance boots are only 11 more DEX and also 3% pdl less, which again could be close, but again Gleti's has 22 higher STR.
Onslaught is 80%DEX, but there is still fSTR involved, so I don't see Malignance pulling ahead in any slot.

EDIT: Ofc use Empy+1 body if you are using Killer Instinct.

Don't sleep on Ankusa Trousers +3 for uncapped atk Onslaught if you don't have a great WSD piece. DEX+20 in a slot where most gear (including Gleti and Malignance) has no DEX, boatload of attack (more than even R20 Gleti), better Acc than Gleti (when you also account for DEX). At a cost of 10 less STR than Gleti's. Obviously, also loses Gleti's PDL+8% - so go for those if you're capping attack (though I'd prioritize Gleti's body/feet first if you're capping attack without them, and if STILL capped after that additional PDL+14%, then swap legs to Gleti).
By Felgarr 2022-02-03 21:11:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Does the OP now have any mention of "C. Plasma Broth" or "Fatso Fargann", the leech pet?

https://www.bg-wiki.com/ffxi/C._Plasma_Broth
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-02-03 21:44:33
Link | Quote | Reply

That pet is not a 119 pet, so it's in the Level 76-99 node, which is referenced just above the Pets section in the OP.
[+]
By Felgarr 2022-02-03 22:11:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks!
By Gaigin 2022-02-04 11:41:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Hello all, I thought I would share some results of Savage Blade testing I have been doing with Apex crabs and pugils in Dho Gates. The results have surprised me for sure and I was looking to get some feedback from other peoples experience. I would like to note that I am not BiS but would characterize my equipment as above avgerage. None of my Ody gear is augmented.

For all three samples, I was using 4/5 Malignance for TP, 2/5 Nyame for Savageblade with AF+3 Hands and Relic +3 Head. No food. Using Nuk. Chest whenever Killer Instinct was up and Nyame Chest when not. I was using Swooping Zhivago for the 2 step light chain and Aquan Killer. Trust set up was Shantotto II, Ulmia, Joachim, Koru-Moru and Apururu. For /NIN sub I was WS at 1750+ TP. With /WAR sub I was WS at 1350+ TP.

The first sample I was just trying as a baseline. With NIN sub and Tauret O/H, the reults were not great.
Ninja sub with Naegling M/H Tauret O/H
DPS Sample Time 18 mins
-------------------------------Total--------Percent-----DPS
Skillchain Damage-----1,377,091-------36.40%---1262.23
White Damage---------1,188,601-------31.40%---1089.46
Shantotto II--------------748,080-------19.70%---685.68
Shantotto II Skillchain---190,633-------5.00%----174.73
Swooping Zhivago--------189,720-------5.00%----173.9
Total DPS 3472.2

Sample # 2 with the augmented Ternion Dagger +1 was a significant increase in DPS. I would say if anyone is wondering which they should use between the two daggers, its a huge clear difference.
Ninja sub with Naegling M/H Ternion +1 (aug'd) O/H
DPS Sample Time 21 mins
--------------------------------Total--------Percent-----DPS
Skillchain Damage-----1,983,376-------39.20%---1544.69
White Damage---------1,329,747-------26.30%---1035.63
Shantotto II--------------926,134-------18.30%---721.29
Shantotto II Skillchain---294,306--------5.80%----229.21
Swooping Zhivago-------246,791--------4.90%----192.35
Total DPS 3943.4

This is the part that made me want to post the reults. Using /WAR was a massive increase in DPS. No Offhand weapon with its TP generation or stats, a defensive shield (reprisal would do SOME damage but nothing of note). Is anyone else surprised to see this Fencer build outstripping the dual wield builds we all use?
Warrior Sub Naegling M/H Adapa Shield
DPS Sample Time 22 mins
-------------------------------Total--------Percent----DPS
Skillchain Damage-----2,558,201-------42.10%---1878.27
White Damage---------1,590,619-------26.20%---1167.86
Shantotto II--------------889,275-------14.60%---652.92
Shantotto II Skillchain---489,999-------8.20%----366.37
Swooping Zhivag0-------286,059-------4.70%----210.03
Total DPS 4463.6

I welcome your thoughts and feedback. Please forgive my horrific formating, but I hope I got the point across. I have the screenshots of the Scoreboard sheet I took for each one of these if anyone would like to format this better, message me please.
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2022-02-04 11:49:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I am not a BST, so take this with a grain of salt...

If you're going to do do naegling savage blade, you really want to get TP bonus axe for nin/dnc. Savage blade is massively more powerful the more TP you have. That's part of the reason /war had such a huge improvement. You were getting TP bonus from the Fencer job train that BST and WAR have.

Naegling's other benefit, that isn't talked about at all really is that it gets 1% attack for every buff that you have. Trusts really aren't the place to exploit that.

In trust situations, you'd probably see a better return from Dolichenus + Decimation that you would from Naegling + Savage from a purely DPS perspective honestly.

Again, I'm not a BST, so grain of salt...

Edit: Decimation is Fusion, so you'd likely need a different pet/ws for skillchain... /shrug

Edit: to illustrate why naegling under-performs for trusts vs. real people
WHM
Trust Buffs: Protect + Shell (Naegling gives ~2% more attack)
Real WHM: Protect, Shell, Barspell, barstatus, auspice, boost-str, regen (Naegling gives ~7% attack).
By Gaigin 2022-02-04 12:00:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey Shadowmeld,

I totally hear you. For context in general and non BST I will throw in some more specifics.

I have dolichenus, and with Vivacious Vickie I can do similar DPS, but only if I am hitting a 4 step skillchain. I am not geared to the point where this is garunteed. This is a 2 step almost (if not interupted by trusts) garunteed to get Light.

The bird pet does a debuff that lowers magic defence and defence by 25% each which is part of the reason the skillchain hits so hard along with the skillchain bonus stats on Nyame.

I didn't specifcally say about Fencer but yes, I WS at 1350 because Moonshade (250 TP) and Fencer III (400 TP) bring the WS to over 2k. Same reason with NIN sub I WS at 1750 (just moonshade). BST has an E sword rating, just thinking about it, one handed with an E rating should be horrific DPS compared to DW A+, but as other BST will perhaps tell you unless I am way off base, this is astounding DPS considering all of the above. Yes Naegling is OP as heck, but E vs A+ should not deliver these reults, or at least in my humble opinion.

PS: I am unclear on whether subbing WAR gives me Fencer IV or not. If so, I should be WS at 1300TP.
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2022-02-04 12:07:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Gaigin said: »
Hey Shadowmeld,

I totally hear you. For context in general and non BST I will throw in some more specifics.

I have dolichenus, and with Vivacious Vickie I can do similar DPS, but only if I am hitting a 4 step skillchain. I am not geared to the point where this is garunteed. This is a 2 step almost (if not interupted by trusts) garunteed to get Light.

The bird pet does a debuff that lowers magic defence and defence by 25% each which is part of the reason the skillchain hits so hard along with the skillchain bonus stats on Nyame.

I didn't specifcally say about Fencer but yes, I WS at 1350 because Moonshade (250 TP) and Fencer III (400 TP) bring the WS to over 2k. Same reason with NIN sub I WS at 1750 (just moonshade). BST has an E sword rating, just thinking about it, one handed with an E rating should be horrific DPS compared to DW A+, but as other BST will perhaps tell you unless I am way off base, this is astounding DPS considering all of the above. Yes Naegling is OP as heck, but E vs A+ should not deliver these reults, or at least in my humble opinion.

PS: I am unclear on whether subbing WAR gives me Fencer IV or not. If so, I should be WS at 1300TP.

The fact that your white damage is higher in the /war example leads me to believe that you are severely attack starved to the point that Berserk from /war was really improving your damage. To the point that the damage per hit was outpacing the much higher attack rate /nin. The bad rating on sword for BST is a big deal, and Berserk likely had more to do with the results than anything /nin. TP bonus axe is still going to be the absolute best option if you are /nin though as long as you are getting the acc to use it.

Edit: No /war doesn't give you Fencer IV
Edit2: I just noticed that you said you're Nyame gear isn't augmented. You'd probably be better off using even half decent WSD aug'd Valorous than that. Unaugmented Gleti's seems like a wash vs. Nyame.
By Gaigin 2022-02-04 12:42:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Shadowmeld said: »
The fact that your white damage is higher in the /war example leads me to believe that you are severely attack starved to the point that Berserk from /war was really improving your damage. To the point that the damage per hit was outpacing the much higher attack rate /nin. The bad rating on sword for BST is a big deal, and Berserk likely had more to do with the results than anything /nin. TP bonus axe is still going to be the absolute best option if you are /nin though as long as you are getting the acc to use it.
I hear you on the attack status. I am sure Berserk played a role, but I would say over a 20 min sample, 260,000 or 130 DPS damage is more like a rounding error in the difference for White damage. 570,000 or 330 DPS for Skillchain damage is what I am trying to highlight here.

I am absolutely certain that if my gear were better, I could get better results. I finished Centovente recently and I have no desire to start Fernagu at this point. The point I am making is WAR sub and fencer is a shocking result. Do you think that one JA Berserk would account for 460 DPS total diffrence?

Thanks for confirming!
By phunky 2022-02-04 12:43:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Bst gets an extra 230 TP bonus from fencer job gifts when mastered. When you're running a fencer build you can fire off your WS at 1120 TP.
By SimonSes 2022-02-04 12:53:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Naegling's other benefit, that isn't talked about at all really is that it gets 1% attack for every buff that you have. Trusts really aren't the place to exploit that.

its exactly the opposite. You need that attack more with Trusts, than with real buffs and some trusts can throw massive amount of buffs at you. Like Monberaux is probably the prime example here. He can give you mab, mdb and boost to each stat at once, which alone is 9 separate buffs. You will also get prot, shell, phalanx, haste, songs, rolls etc. from Trusts.
[+]
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2022-02-04 12:58:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Gaigin said: »
I hear you on the attack status. I am sure Berserk played a role, but I would say over a 20 min sample, 260,000 or 130 DPS damage is more like a rounding error in the difference for White damage. 570,000 or 330 DPS for Skillchain damage is what I am trying to highlight here.

I am absolutely certain that if my gear were better, I could get better results. I finished Centovente recently and I have no desire to start Fernagu at this point. The point I am making is WAR sub and fencer is a shocking result. Do you think that one JA Berserk would account for 460 DPS total diffrence?

Thanks for confirming!

The thing is... /war shouldn't have more white damage than /nin. Either your attack speed wasn't capped /nin, which skews results toward /war. Or you were so attack starved that /war berserk massively improved your white damage to compensate for the slower attack speed.

It's very likely that you weren't capped haste due to the fact that if you have even one mage in your party, ulmia eventually does 2 ballads to maintain Koru-Moru's or Apururu's MP. Joachim was probably giving you paeons because he's cool like that.
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2022-02-04 12:59:06
Link | Quote | Reply

its exactly the opposite. You need that attack more with Trusts, than with real buffs and some trusts can throw massive amount of buffs at you. Like Monberaux is probably the prime example here. He can give you mab, mdb and boost to each stat at once, which alone is 9 separate buffs. You will also get prot, shell, phalanx, haste, songs, rolls etc. from Trusts.

You provided the one example of a trust that actually gives you more buffs than a real person. Generally, it's the opposite.

Edit: And that trust wasn't in his set.
Shadowmeld said:
Edit: to illustrate why naegling under-performs for trusts vs. real people
WHM
Trust Buffs: Protect + Shell (Naegling gives ~2% more attack)
Real WHM: Protect, Shell, Barspell, barstatus, auspice, boost-str, regen (Naegling gives ~7% attack).
By Nariont 2022-02-04 13:00:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Like said, atk starved probably played a nice role in how well naeg did, as well as /war further improving it. But beyond that Savage blade is really just that strong, and axe WS are largely in the "okay" area outside niches like PR and CS, dolci deci spam can do well but takes bringing your atk up to par and even at that stage SB can still compete fairly well with TP bonus either from traits or from an OH tp bonus axe.

EDIT: As far as trust buffs go, it's not wrong to say naeg exploits that simply cause trust buffs themselves are weak on their own, for the 4 crap brd songs, 1 each of which likely ends up being paeon/ballad because lovely trust AI, hasteII/phal II from koru, pro/shell from apu, so while an actual player will give more, the player is also, generally giving strong and more importantly useful buffs, instead of junk stuff like paeon/ballad/evoker's etc and base level chaos/march/minuet
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2022-02-04 13:21:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Honestly, that more highlights that trusts are extremely gimp in terms of AI. I wouldn't mind trusts having gimp/low potency buffs if they would have just given them at least AI to use the kit.

Every whm trust should use auspice, even if it is 0 potency. Every whm trust should use barspells, even if it's a set barspell set per trust. Apururu only uses barblizzard/barparalyze for instance. The fact that they essentially gave whm trusts protect/shell + cure (maybe haste) is a travesty.

But why would people dualbox a whm if they could get even 50% of a competent whm out of trusts...

To the OP, you'd likely see better performance just by replacing Joachim (who will at least 50% of the time be giving you 1 madrigal and 1 paeon) with Qultada who will at least always give you Chaos Roll and Fighter's (If acc is good), Hunter's (if acc isn't), or more often (Evoker's to keep your mage MP up).
By Nariont 2022-02-04 13:29:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah but that's just beating the dead rotting horse by this point, better off hoping for more overly useful trusts like mon that aren't tied behind a several month roe gate. And/or just an increase in trust buff potency.

Far as trust changes go would swap apu for yoran, but thats just personal preferance, apu to me just always seems to burn her MP quicker due to any aoe seemingly triggering curagas
[+]
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2022-02-04 13:35:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Out of curiosity, OP what was your set outside of the 5 slots. Savage set shouldn't be too "weak" on bst, has some good gear.

This looks like a somewhat decent "free" set:
ItemSet 383578

Augs:
Valorous: Aim for 10 STR 30 acc 5% WSD (or just get your nyame augmented)
Artio's: 30 STR 20 acc atk 10 WSD
Sailfi: R15
Not sure if BST can actually use ammo or not, don't know how they deal with Jugs. Aurgelmir Orb is also good if you don't have coiste augmented.
By Gaigin 2022-02-04 14:03:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Out of curiosity, OP what was your set outside of the 5 slots.
https://www.ffxiah.com/item-sets/383581
This is my TP set and

https://www.ffxiah.com/item-sets/383580
Is my WS set.
Artio's with 30 STR and Double Attack +10%

Sorry I don't know how to embed the set.

I think I will need to do a test with my Decimation sets for comparison based on my personal gear.

phunky said: »
Bst gets an extra 230 TP bonus from fencer job gifts when mastered. When you're running a fencer build you can fire off your WS at 1120 TP.
Edit: Thank you Phunky for the reminder of job gifts and Fencer!
By Nariont 2022-02-04 14:20:52
Link | Quote | Reply

both look fine if we arent counting aug'd ody stuff, i assume you use argosy feet cause malig hasnt dropped yet, would swap to something else personally like valor feet or nyame/gleti just due to the little-no defensive value on argosy and i assume you tank most of the fight, if you're throwing it off to pet you could probably get away with a less defensive and more MA orientated TP set.

WS wise best thing i cant think of is swapping the DA to WSD, or getting another cape with that augment, rufescent ring is also probably going to do ya better than epona's, aside from warder pop RNG its pretty painless to get. If you dont plan to augment nyame anytime soon id also recommend just going and making some WSD aug'd valorous, the SC bonus is nice but wsd will do ya better, can pitch the pieces once you've started augmenting them
First Page 2 3 ... 141 142 143 ... 176 177 178