New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » post constitution era
post constitution era
First Page 2
By Kooljack 2015-01-15 00:33:08
Link | Quote | Reply

mark levine claims we have reached post constitution era

business start up data claims we're 'choking the golden goose' (mark)

agree or disagree?
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2015-01-15 00:37:08
Link | Quote | Reply

wat
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2015-01-15 00:38:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Technically, we've been in the "post-constitution era" for about 240 years.
[+]
By Nazrious 2015-01-15 00:43:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Nope, going as planned rich *** land owning lazy f wads got all the money and power, middle class kept down, poor fed BS and lies to keep em in-fighting. We are not post anything, still trying to win the war of independence for those with half a brain to see we never did.
[+]
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Dawnn
By Dawn Charis 2015-01-15 01:20:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Nazrious said: »
Nope, going as planned rich *** land owning lazy f wads got all the money and power, middle class kept down, poor fed BS and lies to keep em in-fighting. We are not post anything, still trying to win the war of independence for those with half a brain to see we never did.

...wow
[+]
 Valefor.Endoq
Server: Valefor
user: Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2015-01-15 01:23:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I like tatertots
[+]
By Bloodrose 2015-01-15 01:24:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Careful, this hasn't gone full potato yet.

Also, need some sources or links to that claim of Mark Levines.
[+]
By Nazrious 2015-01-15 01:42:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Bloodrose said: »

[+]
By Kooljack 2015-01-15 06:30:24
Link | Quote | Reply

lol post constitution as in, 'it doesn't matter in the eyes of the law' get it? Do you get it guys? hey guys do you get it?

How does that implication go over you're guys's head and is taken for face value? who is so trivial for a joke and pun that they can't think profoundly and understand implications
By Kooljack 2015-01-15 06:31:40
Link | Quote | Reply

my post about bill maher didn't get one reply about bill maher..... my post about choking the golden goose in re-guards to business start-ups versus business failures doesn't get a reply. wow. just potatoe jokes and implications about the literal sense of which i was talking about that had implications beyond the literal sense; of which is quite obvious to mean something a little more profound and meaningful. Got my answer about who is hot and heavy for me though i suppose, we'l get a joke about that too, with nothing on subject matter ok.
[+]
By Kooljack 2015-01-15 06:43:45
Link | Quote | Reply

there's a thread for benign and shallow posts over in the random thread el yonder remember? guess not

my attempt to start a real discussion is faced with animosity from other threads. way to stay classy ah.com
By Kooljack 2015-01-15 06:48:22
Link | Quote | Reply

business start-ups outpaced business failures 6 years ago; today in we are outpaced by business failures compared to business's trying to start-up. it's common knowledge so quotes and links aren't needed. Do you even know who mark levine is? if you've ever heard him for 15mins you'd know a source wouldn't be necessary. He is a notion-wide radio talk show host weekdays from 9pm-12am PST
By Bloodrose 2015-01-15 06:53:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Actually, I did mention there needed to be some links to this if you would learn to read.

Secondly, if you did learn to read, you would that such is not really animosity, but condescension.

Third, there is nothing to get as an implication, if nothing is strictly, or even remotely implied on the subject, with anything to go by, or to read on.

So far, all there happens to be is personal conjecture on what you inferred, without any viable source or information to read from, and posting it as direct fact. That's far worse than what you seem to accuse others of for taking you to task.

In the only sense that matters, the US has been post-constitutional era for 240 years.

What you are trying, and failing to imply, despite all evidence to the contrary, is that the US is in an "Above the constitution era", again, with nothing to back up such a claim.

If you want to spark a debate on political matters, especially when using the name of a political figure, you should, at the very least, provide a source or link for such a quote.
[+]
By Bloodrose 2015-01-15 07:04:36
Link | Quote | Reply

The problem with the "common knowledge" response, is that you don't provide the information among which people it's "common knowledge" for. And is simply a scapegoat answer when there's nothing to prove it with.

There are approximately 54,000 businesses that fail every year. Many of them are new businesses that fail within their first year of business, due to inept owners and managers, lazy owners and managers, and owners and managers giving away product that would otherwise keep their business... in business.

However, there are more businesses being created than are being closed for good. The problem, is that of the owners who's businesses fail, a vast majority of them simply go into debt by tens of thousands, to hundreds of thousands of dollars. That can add up significantly among those 54,000 businesses being shut down for one reason or another.

Documentation of start up businesses 6 years ago actually state otherwise to your claim. The reason for this is, business start ups 6 years ago, were heavily hit by the recent depression, where people couldn't afford to open a new business. However, recent information would suggest that through the recovery, more business start ups have been flourishing every year, for the past 6 years.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-01-15 07:18:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Kooljack said: »
my attempt to start a real discussion is faced with animosity from other threads. way to stay classy ah.com
No, this thread failed from the first post. Show of hands, who here knows this nobody (Mark Levine) and what Kooljack is talking about?

Anyone? Anyone at all? What, nobody?

Go figure.

it's common knowledge so quotes and links aren't needed.
Your first post cited a source. Well, it attempted to. It didn't cite a nobody, it sited a study (business start up data). Why not provide the source for that instead of repeating what a nobody said?

He is a notion-wide radio talk show host weekdays from 9pm-12am PST
Notion-wide? What's that, somebody who nods his head? Does he do it while he is talking on the radio?

Here's a hint for you: Radio talk-show hosts generally know nothing about the dealings of business or government. Case in point: Rush Limbaugh.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-01-15 07:22:06
Link | Quote | Reply

There are approximately 54,000 businesses that fail every year. Many of them are new businesses that fail within their first year of business, due to inept owners and managers, lazy owners and managers, and owners and managers giving away product that would otherwise keep their business... in business.

However, there are more businesses being created than are being closed for good. The problem, is that of the owners who's businesses fail, a vast majority of them simply go into debt by tens of thousands, to hundreds of thousands of dollars. That can add up significantly among those 54,000 businesses being shut down for one reason or another.

Documentation of start up businesses 6 years ago actually state otherwise to your claim. The reason for this is, business start ups 6 years ago, were heavily hit by the recent depression, where people couldn't afford to open a new business. However, recent information would suggest that through the recovery, more business start ups have been flourishing every year, for the past 6 years.
I'm actually surprised at you Bloodrose.

You forgot to mention that about 95% (give or take a percent) of start-ups fail within the first 5 years of operations. Reasons being what you said. More than half of start-ups fail in the first year alone.

Other than that, you are absolutely 100% correct.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-01-15 07:23:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Nazrious said: »
You know, I'm still looking for that power that you claim I have.

Last I checked, I don't have that power at all....unless you consider solar energy as the power you are referring to....
 Bismarck.Magnuss
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Magnuss 2015-01-15 07:24:49
Link | Quote | Reply

re-guards
Oh, C'MON!!!
[+]
By Bloodrose 2015-01-15 07:27:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »

I'm actually surprised at you Bloodrose.

You forgot to mention that about 95% (give or take a percent) of start-ups fail within the first 5 years of operations. Reasons being what you said. More than half of start-ups fail in the first year alone.

Other than that, you are absolutely 100% correct.
Yeah, I should have mentioned that, but it might have been overloading him a bit to have all that information coming from someone outside the US, who actually stays fairly well researched on US economics.

I'm equally surprised you'd flame Rush Limbaugh though. Thought everyone just ignored him.
[+]
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
user: Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2015-01-15 07:27:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Here's a question: Do you mean Mark Levine, a liberal journalist, and political figure, or do you mean Mark Levin, the radio host and former Reagan administration insider?

One letter, big difference, and depending on the actual argument of the commentator (not provided) these could be vastly different narratives.

Another reason providing some source information would be great.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-01-15 07:27:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Magnuss said: »
re-guards
Oh, C'MON!!!
*watches Magnuss get his red pen out and starts marking on his computer screen*

On a serious note, you better run Mag, both his spelling and grammar are horrendous.
[+]
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
user: anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2015-01-15 07:29:09
Link | Quote | Reply

The constitution was meant as a guideline thus amendments being a thing or perhaps we should let all these black folk know that they count as 3/4 of a person!
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-01-15 07:29:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm equally surprised you'd flame Rush Limbaugh though. Thought everyone just ignored him.
Contrary to popular belief, I'm not a fan of Rush.

My father is though, and if I ever travel with him and Rush comes on, I have to listen. I will never tell my father this, but Rush makes a lot of errors in his commentary about government (and occasionally, businesses).
[+]
 Bismarck.Magnuss
By Bismarck.Magnuss 2015-01-15 07:30:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I just...

This thread gets an F! Jack, I expect to see you in my 3rd period class this morning. You'll need a notebook, a pencil and the textbook. We're going to work on Subjects, Objects and Predicates.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-01-15 07:31:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Anjisnu said: »
The constitution was meant as a guideline thus amendments being a thing or perhaps we should let all these black folk know that they count as 3/4 of a person!
I know you are being sarcastic, but I just wanted to point out that the constitution was meant to provide the basic laws of our society, and amendments were provided to further advance those laws.
By Bloodrose 2015-01-15 07:32:30
Link | Quote | Reply

A little bit of a business insider:

Most people, when they start their own business, think they can do it - not because they are ready to be their own boss, are financially committed, emotionally committed, or have any kind of support in place, but because they just hate working for someone else.

They don't do the necessary research that goes into setting up shop to make it successful, or they refuse to purge the people that are bringing down the business, or become lax in meeting necessary minimum standards, and give all kinds of excuses for being failures at business in general.

When you work for yourself, you're working 24/7 for the first 5 years, until your name or brand is established (not literally 24/7, but you have to be prepared to sacrifice a lot to make it work)
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-01-15 07:32:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Magnuss said: »
I just...

This thread gets an F! Jack, I expect to see you in my 3rd period class this morning. You'll need a notebook, a pencil and the textbook. We're going to work on Subjects, Objects and Predicates.
You should also teach him about research and debate.
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
user: anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2015-01-15 07:33:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Mag your being to hard on him hes to focused on being so full of crap that he can shoot fecal beams from his eyes

Teehee
By Bloodrose 2015-01-15 07:33:56
Link | Quote | Reply

*reminds Anjisnu about the "two, too, or to" rule*
[+]
 Shiva.Onorgul
Server: Shiva
user: Onorgul
By Shiva.Onorgul 2015-01-15 07:34:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Anjisnu said: »
It's 3/5.

Several of my friends posted last night to their Facebook pages using predictive text. I'm not sure on the whole premise, but it seemed either like someone using voice recognition while incredibly drunk or doing a passable imitation of the OP.
[+]
First Page 2