Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Dynamis » ADL trio
ADL trio
By Rougn 2015-01-01 02:40:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I finally got to the point on Apoc to farm Umbral Marrows and I was curious how hard ADL was to farm with the new gear out; I have 2 other people who are willing to help me farm (a blue and a dnc both averagely geared but with WoE WS unlocked) and myself (also averagely geared) on my DRK. Would we have a decent shot at him?
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
Server: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2015-01-01 03:06:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I was told today, not to ruin everyone's money making schemes, but a THF and an anything that can open darkness, can kill it before it splits.

Open darkness > SA Rudra instantly dead ADL. Personally, I would take a whm just in case though. I've yet to try it myself to verify.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2015-01-01 03:22:29
Link | Quote | Reply

have to do approx 28k on the rudras to kill it from 70%, seems reasonable enough if you aren't wearing sparks gear
 Asura.Tot
Server: Asura
By Asura.Tot 2015-01-01 08:11:57
Link | Quote | Reply

PLD + THF

Get 3k tp on thf, pop > Swift blade > Bully > SATA > Rudras > profit
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
Server: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2015-01-01 08:22:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Tot said: »
PLD + THF

Get 3k tp on thf, pop > Swift blade > Bully > SATA > Rudras > profit
Man I'd love to try this.
By Pantafernando 2015-01-01 08:24:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Seems like a good way to waste a pop.
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
Server: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2015-01-01 08:25:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
I have an ADL pop I've just been sitting on because I casually killed the xarc NMs for RoE, it's not hard to make an ADL pop so not much to waste.
By Pantafernando 2015-01-01 08:32:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Here in odin there are a duo thf + sch that have been neting 2 marrows a day, probably by using embrava and shattersoul+tarudra combo, though i never saw their fight so not sure how they work with wrong clone split. Also i saw a 4man party that will most likely win all their pop (samx2 - amano/koga, cor sch) by using embrava, allies roll, splitting and each sam picking a clone and multistepping.

Finally the party that farm the most number of marrows a day, something like 14 a day with 4 and 3 man party (2 runs). The party is mnkx2 thf rdm and rdm sam thf -> no rudra at all. I saw them using against dl 2 guys skillchain and the third stunning with flourish. But i never saw them doing adl. The only time i got close to see it, they warped after i checked their gear (eminent stuffs and some delve pieces), making me wonder wtf do they do.
By onvasquez 2015-01-01 08:33:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Tidis said: »
I have an ADL pop I've just been sitting on because I casually killed the xarc NMs for RoE, it's not hard to make an ADL pop so not much to waste.

Its never a waste if you are having fun and learning.
By Acacia 2015-01-01 08:39:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Here in odin there are a duo thf + sch that have been neting 2 marrows a day, probably by using embrava and shattersoul+tarudra combo, though i never saw their fight so not sure how they work with wrong clone split. Also i saw a 4man party that will most likely win all their pop (samx2 - amano/koga, cor sch) by using embrava, allies roll, splitting and each sam picking a clone and multistepping.

Finally the party that farm the most number of marrows a day, something like 14 a day with 4 and 3 man party (2 runs). The party is mnkx2 thf rdm and rdm sam thf. I saw them using against dl 2 guys skillchain and the third stunning with flourish. But i never saw them doing adl. The only time i got close to see it, they warped after i checked their gear (eminent stuffs and some delve pieces), making me wonder wtf do they do.
The point is that you can kill it with a single SC BEFORE it splits. You just have to do enough dmg with the closing WS so that the Light SC one shots it. It's also possible to do with a SMN+GEO+COR.

Edit: here's a screenshot of a SMN doing it: http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/35040/the-6th-ministrys-secret-a-summoners-guide/26/#2778469
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
Server: Sylph
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-01-01 18:56:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Done it a number of times with RUN and BLU duo (well before the WS updates), just using Valiance Fast Cast and plenty of stuns to keep him and clones locked down. Ideally, we'd get his HP to around 60% before he summons so we'd only have 2 to worry about, and quickly dispatch one (which, if it's a clone, goes down quicker). Towards the end, moves like One For All and Thunderbolt pretty much negate everything short of Tera Slash. As RUN, I've resisted his terror many times.
By lhova 2015-01-01 19:56:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't know how cost effective it is though. Marrows don't sell anymore, at least on my server. Seems mythic or gtfo
 Lakshmi.Neboh
Server: Lakshmi
user: Neboh
By Lakshmi.Neboh 2015-01-01 22:06:02
Link | Quote | Reply

They don't sell because the RMT first drove them way down. Then the JPs refused to go over 4m. Well, the rest is history with undercutting.