Forum » Everything Else » Tech Support » Sharp fonts
Sharp fonts
 Fenrir.Dramanue
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Dramanue
By Fenrir.Dramanue 2009-08-17 08:15:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I've seen some screenshots wherein people seem to have high-resolution fonts and icons. Where can I get these?
 Sylph.Hitetsu
Server: Sylph
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2009-08-17 08:19:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I think you're reffering to "FFXI Style". Though I don't have it myself, I'm pretty sure that's the site to get it. It's only available to PC as far as I know also.
 Fenrir.Dramanue
By Fenrir.Dramanue 2009-08-17 12:09:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Thank you for the info, I'll have a look-see.
 Fenrir.Dramanue
By Fenrir.Dramanue 2009-08-17 12:48:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmm, installed the font and icon pack but I don't like how the overall gui looks now although the fonts look fantastic. I'm not too thrilled about the menu, nor how the arrows look. Anyone know how to only install Brandson's font pack? Or a method of modding the font myself (I'm good at Photoshop and have done mods in other games... just need to know the instructions).

Thank you.
 Seraph.Caiyuo
Server: Seraph
user: Caiyuo
By Seraph.Caiyuo 2009-08-17 15:32:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Here ya go: http://forums.windower.net/topic/14680-ffxiuimod-installer-104-362009-1034pm/

Allows you to pick and choose which dats/UI mods you'd like to use individually. Developed by Aikar @the WIndower forums, which is a fairly decent safety assurance.
 Fenrir.Dramanue
By Fenrir.Dramanue 2009-08-17 19:48:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Went ahead and used your suggested program. I found it to be useful for installing the different mod packs, but unfortunately, it doesn't seem to allow me to install only the font pack (I don't want the arrows, the change in arrows, etc, all of which are part of FFXIStyle which cannot be individually "disassembled").

Thank you for your idea, though, but I'm still seeking only to change the font.
 Seraph.Caiyuo
By Seraph.Caiyuo 2009-08-17 20:17:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Crap. D: Sorry, Dram, I forgot that all of those mods fall under the one UI .dat. Thought it was a composition of multiple .dats. There is a way to do it, actually, just going to take a little tinkering. Basically stripping out only the fonts from the modded dat and adding those to the stock SE .dat should be all there is to it, so if I find out how or come up with something, I'll let you know.
 Seraph.Caiyuo
By Seraph.Caiyuo 2009-08-17 20:44:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Actually this seems fairly straight-forward given Brandson's little breakdown here: http://brandson.livejournal.com/12648.html

Do you have Photoshop? I don't. D: If you can't, it probably wouldn't be a stretch to ask Icehunter @ the windower forums if they'd be willing to extract the font .DDS and inject it into the stock SE .dat which should give you the desired end-result. He's pretty helpful and originally showed me how to do this.

Also, if it's just a matter of not liking the arrows and buttons they offer, you've probably noticed UI mod has quite a few options to choose from. One of my personal favorites is wood buttons + TetraMaster cursor. lol
 Kujata.Aurica
Server: Kujata
user: Cartman
By Kujata.Aurica 2009-08-17 20:50:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I believe what you are looking for is this. This is from the same person that Caiyuo was talking about in their last post (Brandson). It's from a different part of his LJ site. It has just the dats for the font, some icon swaps like Utsu, and it has some different window color dats, but you don't have to use those if you don't want. Everything in the file you download is marked. Just follow the included instructions and you should be good.

You will want to change all of the dats that were changed with FFXI Style back to the originals before you go and change them again. And I don't know if you can use that FFXI UI Mod program to change just these or not. I just did it perma on my system because I like it much better than the original font.
 Seraph.Caiyuo
By Seraph.Caiyuo 2009-08-17 21:18:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I couldn't get any of the listed links to work in order to check, but I think that file still contains the mods he wants to exclude, unless the new arrows hadn't been implemented at the time since all UI-based mods are contained within 1 dat. The icons and window backgrounds are all separate dats. Filefront not longer has the files and Savefile's download servers were "currently down". lol As far as I know the dats have to be updated due to changes each major update anyway, so I don't think anything Brandson released himself works now. D: