users online
Forum » Everything Else » Tech Support » Working parser for 32-bit Vista
Working parser for 32-bit Vista
 Carbuncle.Taintedone
Server: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
By Carbuncle.Taintedone 2009-08-16 04:11:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Has anyone been able to find a working parser for FFXI that is compatible with Vista? I used Kparser and Directparse some when I played on the XP OS, but so far have been unable to get either of them working correctly on Vista. I've tried adjusting the settings, running as admin in XP compatibility mode, making sure Memlocks are correct and the most recent, made sure my .NET framework is the correct one, etc. with no luck. The most common issue I keep having is the program itself will open up, but no parsed data will appear while parsing; all of the values remain 0 even after checking the program settings. Any ideas?
 Odin.Karusan
Server: Odin
user: Karusan
By Odin.Karusan 2009-08-16 10:10:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I found Kparser 1.3.8 works. If you've done all the prelim work to get the most recent version to run, just download 1.3.8 and start parsing away.
 Carbuncle.Taintedone
By Carbuncle.Taintedone 2009-08-16 13:42:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Karusan said:
I found Kparser 1.3.8 works. If you've done all the prelim work to get the most recent version to run, just download 1.3.8 and start parsing away.

Tks, I'll give this version a shot see if it works.
 Carbuncle.Taintedone
By Carbuncle.Taintedone 2009-08-16 14:36:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Downloaded and tried it, still no luck. I'm getting the error message now that "Could not load file or assembly 'System.Data.SqlServerCe,Version=3.5.0.0,Culture=neutral,PublicKeyToken=89845dcd8080cc91' or one of its dependencies. The system cannon find the file specified. I double checked to make sure that I had the correct SQL Server CE installed as well as the 3.5 .NET framework, still no luck. Anyone have any ideas?
 Bahamut.Rumaha
Server: Bahamut
user: Rumaha
By Bahamut.Rumaha 2009-08-16 14:38:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Direct parse works on Vista if u Run As Administrator.
 Carbuncle.Taintedone
By Carbuncle.Taintedone 2009-08-16 14:40:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Tried that also already (several times), went to properties, run as admin in XP compatibility, nothing. :/
 Bahamut.Rumaha
Server: Bahamut
user: Rumaha
By Bahamut.Rumaha 2009-08-16 14:42:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Taintedone said:
Tried that also already (several times), went to properties, run as admin in XP compatibility, nothing. :/

Just right click and click the button that says Run as admin works for me ;o
 Carbuncle.Taintedone
By Carbuncle.Taintedone 2009-08-16 15:04:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Rumaha said:
Taintedone said:

Just right click and click the button that says Run as admin works for me ;o

Re-downloaded the newest version of Directparse, ran as administrator, started parse, nothing. The actual program works, but doesn't parse anything. What memlock are you using?

Edit: Just messed around with it a little bit trying some different memlocs and got it working for now...

^^