Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Thief » Returned after four years, been here a month, and
Returned after four years, been here a month, and
 Garuda.Arketa
Server: Garuda
Game: FFXI
user: Arketa
By Garuda.Arketa 2014-11-13 14:06:47
Link | Quote | Reply

...and I'm kind of sad the wikis seem to have died after WotG. Forums tend to be the better options for finding more in-depth information when I give up and Google things after coming up blank on ffxiclopedia and bg. Does anyone have any decent resources for avoiding asking LS people repeated questions? Haha.

Basically, so far, I've started a relic (now that it's more doable), I've started vwNMs for the nations (tho I ran out of stones temporarily, I'm back on working on that) so I can unlock the ws for the weapon I made from WoE stuffs. IDR what it's called atm, but whatevs. I've got tojil win, thanks to LS, so I got a sandung. I bought all the sparks gear, and the shneddick +1. I've started buying low accessories for WS to upgrade to more expensive ones. I've done some aby with RL friends who still play/played (one retired last week), but still haven't finished it. I'm working on Adoulin missions, but stonewalled at Stonewalled atm. I've finished Zilart, CoP, AU, WotG, and combo quests after all of those except WotG. I did AA's and DM before. I have no wins on the new AA/DM fights, as I haven't done them. I've been working on maxxing out my attributes for THF, did my WS, finished the point I was missing for my job, upped my merit holding max to 36 currently (basically xping related crap) with the goal being 45 for merit cost fights. EDIT: I'm 4/5 on 109 reforged AF, just lacking chapters, which I'm primarily getting from sparks (did six fights with LS before, though), did my assassin's armlets to +2, and I'm still working on seals/jewels to do my empy boots for TH gear cap.

I think that might be it, I'm not sure.

Basically, I'm looking for ways to improve myself outside of delve. I've got BLM at 99 also, but it's in the same gear-boat as my THF. I'm working on levelling my BRD back up to cap, and started levelling WHM, for LS utility. Skirmish was mentioned as an option, but I'm having issues finding good information specifically as it relates to the jobs I have available. I can find a bit of info on soloing skirmish on BLM, but I'm not sure how well-geared those BLMs are and have yet to actually get my feet wet. Any resources anyone can share along those lines would be much appreciated.

I also never bothered to learn game math before, because it wasn't overmuch of an issue at 75 cap once all gear was revealed. Not having memorised those basics + now updates means I'm having issues comparing the gear I can find to look at online, however. I'd love any resources anyone can share that are math related. I love math, so the nerdier and in depth, the better.

Basically, I don't want to weigh people down with questions. I'd like to find (and in the case of math, learn) the tools to be able to find answers for myself, but as I said, I'm having issues between the two wikis. Outside of those, I've found a few forum threads that are good, but there are still things I've had issues finding (like getting stones from the gobbibox, leafslit, for example, it took me thirty minutes going through Google links to find out what it was used for). Maybe my search terms suck. IDK. Haha.

Please help, I hate feeling like a noob. :P
 Lakshmi.Arketa
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Arketa 2014-11-13 14:07:09
Link | Quote | Reply

GDI, and I'm on Lakshmi, why does this even default to my Garuda character?
By Sidiov 2014-11-13 14:21:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Pre adoulin content wiki.ffxiclopedia.org still is good.
Adoulin content you should use http://www.bg-wiki.com

You should be able to find pretty much anything outside of maths in those wikis. Math stuffs you probably should look in the BG forums http://www.bluegartr.com

Edit: And yea the item pages on BG arent as useful as they were on ffxiclopedia so it can be hard to tell what items are used for if you missed the update chatter they were part of. You'll likely be forced to ask someone for that info.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Arketa
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Arketa 2014-11-13 14:24:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for the reply, Sidiov. I completely spaced checking their forums for some reason. My only issue with the BG wiki for Adoulin is when they have an item in the db but it has no accompanying info. That's usually when I just turn to Google. LOL

And it's weird, some of it the info is in the ffxiclopedia, but it doesn't have its own page, it's on pages associated with the NPCs involved, but without the item having its own page, I have to Google to find out it's associated with that NPC, haha.

Good lord, if I knew how to wiki-edit, I'd fix all those lacks of infos everywhere once I found the proper info (just so I could return to it later, after I forget about it) LOL
By Sidiov 2014-11-13 14:43:41
Link | Quote | Reply

I once had the same feeling and started creating and editing pages... but then I realized the scope of that and gave up a few minutes later. =)
 Phoenix.Missnasty
Server: Phoenix
user: Missnasty
By Phoenix.Missnasty 2014-11-13 14:55:24
Link | Quote | Reply

On bg-wiki.com (and maybe any other wikimedia based wiki) you can click on "Tools" -> "What links here" near the bottom on the left of any page. The "What links here" page can usually help you figure out what any given page you're looking at might relate to. Most item pages on bg-wiki.com also have a "Pages that reference this item" link near the top of the item information.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Reichleiu
Server: Asura
user: Reichleiu
By Asura.Reichleiu 2014-11-13 14:57:15
Link | Quote | Reply

As far as gear for your THF and BLM, I would look into some of the threads on the forums here. There is a great THF guide in the Thief section – i'm sure there is one for BLM as well. (they might be slightly out of date, but will still have a ton of relevant info if that is the case)

I would start doing coalition assignments and Wildskeeper Reives as well. There is a ton of useful gear from wildskeeper revies, not to mention you will want your THF JSE cape from it. You can get 3 capes of any kind and trade them to the NPC at the Adoulin Library for the cape you want. Not to mention you can get Atoyac, an item level 115 dagger with Occasionally Attacks Twice on it.

Work on upgrading AF and Relic gear to 119 as well.

There are a million other things to do too, Incursion, Higher lvl Skirmish, Salvage farming / gear, Legion, and i'm sure others too.

Make sure you get all of your Trust NPCs.

You seem to be off to a very good start though, for only being back a month.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Reichleiu
Server: Asura
user: Reichleiu
By Asura.Reichleiu 2014-11-13 15:27:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Legendia said: »
Relic hands and feet 119 are important quality pieces for thf but blm relic and af is far less impressive sadly.

Most of the THF gear has a purpose. Whether its TH, Acc set, WS set, TP gear.. almost all of it has some important use.

The THF guide which I mentioned earlier actually gives and extremely in-depth breakdown of Thief gear-sets and some of the theory behind them.

@OP, I would go there and look around.

Post deleted by User.
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Starkzz
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2014-11-14 07:46:12
Link | Quote | Reply

1. Welcome back señor. We have a random ffxi thread here that me and a hundred others will try to promptly respond to if the answer is in our capacity. Exploit the hell out of our boredom lol

2. The most important things to getting you back to high functionality would be
-unlock all home point crystal warps around the world
-extensively explore records of eminent quests and gear, those sparks can be spent in anything from super badass 119 gear to straight gilmaking
-if you haven't, work on finishing your missions. Completing them unlocks high tier bcnm for you.
-spend your imprimateurs and get bioivacs/enigmatic devices unlocked.
-unlock all the survival guides; there are a shitload now all over the world with more being added. Easy fast warps to none home point crystal locations ftw
-be efficient with your energy and utilize the login campaign and current events to get stuff you want.

The blm or sch soloing skirmish I II and III videos are using atinian staff +1 from the auction house (outdated) + bane Cape, no hagondes pieces with mab25+ augments and doton/hyorin/Karin obi from sea. It can be done with less but those remain very solid nuking options

I like your choice of words here, the boredom part, in particular.
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
Server: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2014-11-14 07:56:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai said: »
1. Welcome back señor. We have a random ffxi thread here that me and a hundred others will try to promptly respond to if the answer is in our capacity. Exploit the hell out of our boredom lol

2. The most important things to getting you back to high functionality would be
-unlock all home point crystal warps around the world
-extensively explore records of eminent quests and gear, those sparks can be spent in anything from super badass 119 gear to straight gilmaking
-if you haven't, work on finishing your missions. Completing them unlocks high tier bcnm for you.
-spend your imprimateurs and get bioivacs/enigmatic devices unlocked.
-unlock all the survival guides; there are a shitload now all over the world with more being added. Easy fast warps to none home point crystal locations ftw
-be efficient with your energy and utilize the login campaign and current events to get stuff you want.

The blm or sch soloing skirmish I II and III videos are using atinian staff +1 from the auction house (outdated) + bane Cape, no hagondes pieces with mab25+ augments and doton/hyorin/Karin obi from sea. It can be done with less but those remain very solid nuking options

I like your choice of words here, the boredom part, in particular.

You know most of us are at work a great amount of the time we post right? We are bored because we're at work.
 Phoenix.Urteil
Server: Phoenix
user: Urteil89
By Phoenix.Urteil 2014-11-14 08:24:52
Link | Quote | Reply

I want that job.
[+]
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2014-11-14 09:13:34
Link | Quote | Reply

ffxidb.com is also a great resource. It automatically records drops from users with the guildwork plugin, so not only can you often find where an item drops the day it was added, but you can get a realistic idea of droprate.

Worth noting that droprates aren't necessarily trustworthy on BC rematches(you get the difficulties mixed together and possibly kills from the actual mission), and obviously if an item isn't from a mob it won't be on there, but it's still worth a quick look if you're wondering where an item is from.
[+]

Post deleted by User.