On Healing Hands - A Comprehensive WHM Guide (V2)

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » White Mage » On Healing Hands - A Comprehensive WHM Guide (V2)
On Healing Hands - A Comprehensive WHM Guide (V2)
First Page 2 3 ... 91 92 93 ... 95 96 97
By Wotasu 2019-07-11 12:12:34
Link | Quote | Reply

This is what im using when im /nin for TP, it's 1 short for dual wield which I can live with.
I havent gone DD lots yet tho, still need to AG Yagrush. Also still need to build a TP set for AM3.
Code
head={ name="Chironic Hat", augments={'Attack+19','"Dbl.Atk."+4','STR+8','Accuracy+8',}},
body="Ayanmo Corazza +2",
hands="Aya. Manopolas +2",
legs="Aya. Cosciales +2",
feet={ name="Chironic Slippers", augments={'Accuracy+17','"Dbl.Atk."+4','STR+9',}},
neck="Combatant's Torque",
waist="Windbuffet Belt +1",
left_ear="Cessance Earring",
right_ear="Brutal Earring",
left_ring="Ilabrat Ring",
right_ring="Hetairoi Ring",
back={ name="Alaunus's Cape", augments={'DEX+20','Accuracy+20 Attack+20','Accuracy+10','"Dual Wield"+10','Phys. dmg. taken-10%',}},

Code
ammo="Staunch Tathlum",
head="Aya. Zucchetto +2",
hands="Aya. Manopolas +2",
feet="Aya. Gambieras +2",
waist="Grunfeld Rope",
left_ear="Digni. Earring",
right_ear="Telos Earring",
left_ring="Ilabrat Ring",
right_ring="Cacoethic Ring +1",
back={ name="Alaunus's Cape", augments={'DEX+20','Accuracy+20 Attack+20','Accuracy+10','"Dual Wield"+10','Phys. dmg. taken-10%',}},

This is a test set for /dnc which overcap DW cause not being haste capped.
Code
head={ name="Chironic Hat", augments={'Accuracy+19 Attack+19','"Dual Wield"+4','Attack+8',}},
hands={ name="Chironic Gloves", augments={'Attack+10','"Dual Wield"+4','STR+1','Accuracy+14',}},
feet={ name="Chironic Slippers", augments={'Accuracy+23','"Dual Wield"+4',}},
waist="Windbuffet Belt +1",
left_ear="Brutal Earring",
right_ear="Telos Earring",
left_ring="Hetairoi Ring",
right_ring="Ilabrat Ring",
 Fenrir.Melphina
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2019-07-11 13:47:53
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not in the position where I can reasonably work on a relic or mythic, so I'll have to make due with non-REMA options for now. So Mjollnir, Yagrush, etc are out. That's why I think Maxentius is the most viable looking main hand. The black halo bonus is a pretty big deal, and I've been keeping up with monthly RoE objectives. I'll be getting a free pulse weapon next month and I don't have anything else to spend it on, so I figured the club is as good as anything else. Cait Sith's Hammer is a pretty well statted offhand too, and what it lacks in attack it makes up for in double attack and mind, which is more fuel for black halo and mystic boon, although the latter probably isn't relevant since it's likely to be a full mana refill either way. The skillchain bonus isn't bad either. And the meows are just cool, lol. I just want to use it.

And as far as attack goes, the content I would be meleeing in would mainly be ambuscade, omen fodder and Dyna wave 1 and 2 mobs. Party buffs do a good enough job supplementing any deficits in those situations, and by wave 2 I'd be more concerned with accuracy than attack. Nobody expects the whm to be a top tier DD anyway, but even low to mid tier damage pushes the run that much further, and it makes healing everyone a lot more fun.
 Asura.Epigram
Server: Asura
user: jlisic
By Asura.Epigram 2019-07-11 14:03:12
Link | Quote | Reply

tyalangan said: »
Asura.Epigram said: »
I agree Relic + 3 is the way to go. My biggest problem with the combo is that the attack is pretty terrible.

It has 60+ ATK per piece

Sorry, the combo is w.r.t. the clubs, not the armor.

On a separate note

Has anyone made a good build with, Gambanteinn? I have an AG one, and besides being a glowing red Galka WHM with near perfect curse removal. I can't see any way to bring it into a functioning melee build.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [62 days between previous and next post]
 Asura.Wizzykid
By Asura.Wizzykid 2019-09-11 21:57:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone thought of making any Flash Nova ws sets with the new Daybreak club? Light affinity +50 w/ a weatherspoon ring (+10 more) amirite?

Not sure if seraph strike stronger...?
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [67 days between previous and next post]
 Asura.Airoh
user: Anjou
By Asura.Airoh 2019-11-18 02:32:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Would anyone mind sharing their WHM.lua? Is the one posted with the guide still ok to use?
By Jetackuu 2019-11-18 02:33:53
Link | Quote | Reply

A guy in my shell used another to mod/make this one:

Sorry I'm too lazy to set up a git to share. I have a bit of it commented out and my gear isn't the best but it should be usable.

edit: it auto switches to macro book 10 and lockstyles to set 39 (in game sets), but one could easily comment those out.
[+]
 Asura.Airoh
By Asura.Airoh 2019-11-18 02:35:15
Link | Quote | Reply

awesome, thanks a bunch!
 Shiva.Xelltrix
Server: Shiva
user: Xelltrix
By Shiva.Xelltrix 2019-11-18 12:12:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I couldn't find any testing on our Dynamis Wand so I went and tried it out myself on Sabotenders. It appears that you need to have the Wand equipped both when taking damage and when casting Cura in order to gain the bonus from the Misery Stored component. So it's nice if niche since you won't have to wear the wand full time and our JSE Wand is a pretty great idle piece. I may go back sometime and do it again and take screenshots or something, but waiting for 1000 needles is lame so probably not. If anyone else wants to check and verify, feel free.
By Jetackuu 2019-11-18 12:15:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Xelltrix said: »
JSE Wand is a pretty great idle piece
Um, what?
 Shiva.Xelltrix
By Shiva.Xelltrix 2019-11-18 12:17:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I meant the Dynamis JSE Wand, of course. If you're using Misery, you're going to be in damage range. -Damage Taken is pretty great for that.
By Jetackuu 2019-11-18 12:19:54
Link | Quote | Reply

It would enable some nice MEVA in the armor slots if you're having trouble capping -dt, indeed.

Would be pretty cool for up front action too.
 Cerberus.Dekar
Server: Cerberus
user: Dekar1
By Cerberus.Dekar 2019-11-18 18:39:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Xelltrix said: »
I couldn't find any testing on our Dynamis Wand so I went and tried it out myself on Sabotenders. It appears that you need to have the Wand equipped both when taking damage and when casting Cura in order to gain the bonus from the Misery Stored component. So it's nice if niche since you won't have to wear the wand full time and our JSE Wand is a pretty great idle piece. I may go back sometime and do it again and take screenshots or something, but waiting for 1000 needles is lame so probably not. If anyone else wants to check and verify, feel free.

I've used it in my idle set for several months and never regretted getting one. This is my current idle set. Cape is HP, MEVA, and Resist Status Effects +10.

ItemSet 367589

ItemSet 367588

The club is pretty amazing for Misery and Cura spam. I can get around 1400 Cura III with taking way less than that. I just full time it while Misery is up. (Edit: well, nearly full time it)
By Chimerawizard 2019-11-18 18:54:06
Link | Quote | Reply

both sets look to be way over pdt cap.
oh meva cape in top set, only misery then.
not many ways to improve either though since you don't want to get healed or avoid dmg while the rest of the party is hurting; HP route, with dualism+1, eabani, Eihwaz, and meridian; or mdb still with dualism+1, sanare, and vexer or lunette.
 Cerberus.Dekar
By Cerberus.Dekar 2019-11-18 21:12:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm actually super glad someone brought this up because it's got me reviewing my different sets. I ended up coming up with this for a new Misery idle set.

ItemSet 367588

PDT: 65 (Waaaaay over cap)
MDT: 51
BDT: 43(lol)

Head Augment: Refresh +1
Hand Augment: Refresh +2
Feet Augment: Refresh +1 and DT -1%

I've also got a 5 tic Regen and 8 tic refresh total with /SCH.

Edit (for the 100th time?): I'm wondering if Shadow Ring would be a much better choice over Paguroidea. I'd have to be ready to use Curaga over Cura if I resist any major magic damage.
 Asura.Airoh
By Asura.Airoh 2019-11-18 21:24:38
Link | Quote | Reply

What's a good idle set I should be aiming for?
 Cerberus.Dekar
By Cerberus.Dekar 2019-11-18 21:27:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Airoh said: »
What's a good idle set I should be aiming for?

Inyanga and Ayanmo are a great place to start. The MDT and Magic Evasion on Inyanga is amazing. Ayanmo is good for all around DT.
 Asura.Pergatory
user: Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2019-11-19 10:06:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Inyanga is the business, refresh and magic evasion in one package. PDT and MDT are less important, but nice to have.
By Jetackuu 2019-11-19 10:48:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Definitely should have a DT (50 pdt and what is it now w/ shellV 26 mdt?) and refresh set. Usually a toggle between the 2 depending on situation.

MEVA shouldn't be ignored either.
 Cerberus.Mrkillface
user: bitchtits
By Cerberus.Mrkillface 2019-11-19 11:04:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I'll second (third?) that. Inyanga is great. Not getting silenced/paralyzed/dead is better than a few mp refresh 9/10 times.
By geigei 2019-11-20 02:47:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Relic feet augm? is it cure potency or something else? more stoneskin?
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2019-11-20 02:49:50
Link | Quote | Reply

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Piety_Duckbills_%2B3
 Siren.Attaxia
Server: Siren
user: Attaxia
By Siren.Attaxia 2019-11-20 07:55:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Dekar said: »
I'm wondering if Shadow Ring would be a much better choice over Paguroidea. I'd have to be ready to use Curaga over Cura if I resist any major magic damage.
I can't see parsing the log for a 0 damage proc on shadow ring being anything but stifling. Resisting magic damage you were going to AoE up anyway has disadvantages for Curaga as well (less hp healed :. more mp cost).

Matter of preference mostly but: I'd switch that cape up for an Ambu one, maybe a Def+50/VIT/meva. I also like Ethereal in a close range set like that, Regen effects are pretty useless.

I've ignored Cura for a long time, am I missing something? Doesn't seem worth using to me.
 Shiva.Xelltrix
By Shiva.Xelltrix 2019-11-20 08:38:46
Link | Quote | Reply

It's largely irrelevant since our cures are basically free anyway, but they are cheap and pretty much instant cast along with being incredibly efficient if you take damage first. I used it a bit in the Velkk Ambu month before I got a Yagrush and had to rely on Esuna.

I mostly just brought it up because I still had not found any information on the Misery Stored augment on our Dynamis Wand and figured I'd try and figure it out. Modern day Cura usage almost always just boils down to me casting it wake everyone up from Sleepga if I'm standing on top of them nowadays lol.
[+]
 Cerberus.Dekar
By Cerberus.Dekar 2019-11-20 22:19:00
Link | Quote | Reply

It's pretty much my go to whenever I'm spamming Esuna. I really need to get around to Yag but I won't have any time until the summer.

As for the Misery Stored Augment, I enjoy it for my Cura spells. I can hit around 1400 with lightstorm and Cura III. There seems to be a pretty big impact on Cura I/II too. I can net over 1000 HP with each but I haven't tested the exact amounts in a while. This is my set.

ItemSet 364026

I've thought about checking out the impact on Banish but... that'll just depress me.
By Unzero 2019-11-21 09:18:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't want this to be a stupid question.... but do the Afflatus Solace JP go towards the Cure Potency I cap?
 Shiva.Thorny
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2019-11-21 09:28:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Unzero said: »
I don't want this to be a stupid question.... but do the Afflatus Solace JP go towards the Cure Potency I cap?

no, they add points to your base cure(so #/points * potency to get actual amt)

sorta like magic damage for nukes
By Unzero 2019-11-21 11:10:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks! Was trying to deduce how some of the best cure sets had so little Cure Potency I
 Asura.Pergatory
user: Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2019-11-21 11:29:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks! Was trying to deduce how some of the best cure sets had so little Cure Potency I
You're probably just overlooking their augments. Vanya gear can get a hefty amount of cure potency from augments. So can Kaykaus feet.
By Unzero 2019-11-21 11:50:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Good grief, having a lot of trouble focusing today, trying to spam Nyzul for Nirvana, and also get my WHM more reliable. Finding out what I can acquire to pump myself up a little more and be useful!
By Unzero 2019-11-21 11:50:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Pergatory said: »
You're probably just overlooking their augments. Vanya gear can get a hefty amount of cure potency from augments. So can Kaykaus feet.

This does make a lot more sense!
First Page 2 3 ... 91 92 93 ... 95 96 97