On Healing Hands - A Comprehensive WHM Guide (V2)

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » White Mage » On Healing Hands - A Comprehensive WHM Guide (V2)
On Healing Hands - A Comprehensive WHM Guide (V2)
First Page 2 3 ... 51 52 53 ... 95 96 97
By DaneBlood 2018-07-18 10:13:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Pergatory said: »
There's been more recent testing than that thread, here on FFXIAH (although I can't find it now), that showed cureskin does not cap at 350. I'm pretty sure it did at some point, and they ninja buffed it without telling us. It used to be only Full Cure could go past 350, now it seems like they all can. The recent testing showed a Cure4skin absorbing well over half of a 1000 needles.

I use Alaunus on single-target cures, and Twilight on Curagas, personally. I abuse the crap out of cureskin, though. Like I will straight up Cure4 someone for 0 just to give them stoneskin.

any links ( i just love reading test results)
 Asura.Pergatory
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2018-07-18 10:26:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I tried to find it and couldn't. It's here on this very forum, somewhere. Can't recall if it was in this same thread, or in a separate topic. Sorry.

Edit: I found one, but it has conflicting reports and minimal testing, I feel like this one spawned a more comprehensive testing thread which I cannot find:

https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/48635/alaunuss-cape-our-new-jse-qa/#3078116

Edit2: Actually the more I think about this, I don't think more comprehensive testing was posted. I think what I was remembering is that when I read that post above, I didn't believe it so I went and did a bit of testing myself and confirmed that I was able to block 600+ damage with cure4skin. I never posted those results, but they're extremely easy to reproduce.
By aisukage 2018-07-18 10:44:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
Seems like something that needs a more recent test to be quantified, then. There's not much else you can fit into a single target cure set that has significant benefits, perhaps haste or fast cast on alaunus's to reduce recast or incanter's torque for the MP conservation.

So i went out to test with 1000 needles and only took 485 dmg with Cure 4 Solace stoneskin up and did it again taking 461. I then kept the exact same gear and forced another 1000 needles without solace stoneskin and took the full 1000 damage. (to make sure nothing else was affecting the results).

only thing that would affect it is if the sabotendor got a random auto off before i forced 1000 needles. I did try reapplying the SS if i saw him hit me though.

Only done the 2 tests but both exceed the over 500 damage absorbtion from a cure 4
[+]
By aisukage 2018-07-18 10:49:54
Link | Quote | Reply

i did a Cure 4 with the same gear when i was low and cured myself for 1100.(didn't cap me so this was the full cure 4)

1100x0.49 = 539 which would agree with the 1000 needles that did exactly 461 damage. The needles that did 485 damage i can only assume the sabotender must have gotten an AA off before 1000 needles.
 Ragnarok.Martel
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2018-07-18 10:56:01
Link | Quote | Reply

So, cure skin. Here's the deal. And this info is on FFXIclopedia, and on JPwiki, but somehow it never made it to BGwiki. So I wasted a lot of time testing the ***outta this a few days ago... only to find it was already known, and just not on Bwiki.

Base cureskin caps at 300 dmg stoneskin. And by base I mean before Afflatus solace gear.

The cureskin bonus from Afflatus solace gear doesn't have a known cap. So if you want to correctly calculate cureskin you need to do the following.

Cureskin = Cured *0.25(capped at 300) + Cured * (Afflatus solace+ gear/100)

I'd post my test data, but apparently I didn't save the damn spreadsheet, and discarded the autosave files like an idiot. I do have lots of screen shots of 1k needles dmg though.
[+]
By aisukage 2018-07-18 11:10:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Martel said: »
So, cure skin. Here's the deal. And this info is on FFXIclopedia, and on JPwiki, but somehow it never made it to BGwiki. So I wasted a lot of time testing the ***outta this a few days ago... only to find it was already known, and just not on Bwiki.

Base cureskin caps at 300 dmg stoneskin. And by base I mean before Afflatus solace gear.

The cureskin bonus from Afflatus solace gear doesn't have a known cap. So if you want to correctly calculate cureskin you need to do the following.

Cureskin = Cured *0.25(capped at 300) + Cured * (Afflatus solace+ gear/100)

I'd post my test data, but apparently I didn't save the damn spreadsheet, and discarded the autosave files like an idiot. I do have lots of screen shots of 1k needles dmg though.

Thanks for the testing. Also would like to ask what is the cap on -enmity gear. For my Curing cape i ended up putting enmity -10 on it since i'm not sure what the cap is. And the last question i have. The 23 cure potency from WHM Gifts does that count towards the 50% cap with gear or is that it's own thing?
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2018-07-18 11:13:20
Link | Quote | Reply

The gifts are more akin to what +MDMG is for offensive magic. The -enmity cap is -50 (which is listed on this guide and on wikis).
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2018-07-18 12:15:20
Link | Quote | Reply

With that in mind, I would propose current best sets to be(prioritizing enmity cap > cure/cureskin strength > haste cap > conserve mp):

Single Target Cures(Raetic)
ItemSet 357301
Haste on cape. Head Path B, Feet Path D.

Day/Weather Swap:
Austerity Belt +1 > Hachirin-no-Obi

Curaga Swap:
Ebers Bliaud +1 > Kaykaus Bliaud +1 D

Curaga + Day/Weather Swap:
Ebers Bliaud +1 > Kaykaus Bliaud +1 D
Alaunus's Cape > Twilight Cape
Austerity Belt +1 > Hachirin-no-Obi

Enki pendant is basically the same thing as incanter's torque.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Single Target Cures(Storm)
ItemSet 357300

Curaga Swap
Ebers Bliaud +1 > Kaykaus Bliaut +1 D

No Torque+2 cure swap
Alaunus[Haste] > Alaunus[Cure Potency]
Clr. Torque +2 > Incanter's Torque or Enki Pendant

No Torque+2 Curaga Swap
Cleric's Torque +2 > Cleric's Torque +1/NQ
Novia Earring > Nourishing Earring +1
Ebers Bliaud +1 > Kaykaus Bliaut +1 B or Theo Bliaut +3

--------------------------------------------------------------

Single Target Cures(No Storm, No Raetic)
ItemSet 360079

Curaga Swap:
Ebers Bliaud +1 > Kaykaus Bliaut +1 [D]

No Torque+2 Cure Swap:
Alaunus [Haste] > Alaunus [Cure Potency]
Clr. Torque +2 > Incanter's Torque or Reti Pendant

No Torque+2 Curaga Swap:
Alaunus's Cape[Haste] > Alaunus [Cure Potency]
Ebers Bliaud +1 > Kaykaus Bliaut +1 D
Clr. Torque +2 > Incanter's Torque or Reti Pendant

Regarding Mission Rewards:
If no magnetic earring, Calamitous or any other conserve mp ear replaces it in any set.

If you have Janniston Ring, it will replace Kuchekula in any of these sets.

I made my sets with cleric's torque +2 because I have them. I am not advising you purchase it or prioritize it, which is why explanations for substitions were given. You gain haste cap and/or a bit more conserve MP by using it, nothing ground breaking. With the torque +2, you are more likely to want a haste augmented cape and path D bliaut, while a torque+1/nq owner would want a cure potency augmented cape(they would still keep path D bliaut if they have theo body+3 to cover enmity needs, but change to path B if not).

Theophany Bliaut +3 can replace Kaykaus Body in any of the sets for minimal loss. Kaykaus D has slightly higher cure power, same potency, and some conserve MP if the enmity is not needed, though.
[+]
By DaneBlood 2018-07-19 10:29:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
With that in mind, I would propose current best sets to be(prioritizing enmity cap > cure/cureskin strength > haste cap > conserve mp):

Is there any worth full upgrade to cure/cureskin if we prioritize it over emnity? Like cure/cureskin > enmity cap > haste/recast > conserve?

The emnity/conMP only slots does not seem to have any good piece for curepot 1/2 or anything else

Also instead of haste on cape we can put in the Cure pot there and put in the 15/skil 1% chance of not using MP
i need to read fully before posting

as ususal i mat work so no time for me to do anything besides napkin math

But ty for the new sets

-- edit --
P.S.
if the staff affinity does not affect cures, is there any reason to get chatoynatn over iridal?
 Asura.Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2018-07-20 12:46:34
Link | Quote | Reply

DaneBlood said: »
Is there any worth full upgrade to cure/cureskin if we prioritize it over emnity? Like cure/cureskin > enmity cap > haste/recast > conserve?
That would be a personal choice.

If I had to choose between being -50 enmity with no cure potency 2, and -45 enmity with 5 cure potency 2, I would choose the -50 enmity option.

Having a Cure that's 40 HP too small generally isn't an issue, if I need a bigger Cure, I cast a bigger Cure. I'm never in a situation where I don't have a Cure that's big enough. More potency just allows me to do more with less, maybe cast a smaller cure in some cases or lets my Cureskin soak up a few more points.

Enmity down, on the other hand, is much harder to work around when you don't have enough. All you can do to generate less enmity is use Cure5 or do less healing, and sometimes neither of those solutions is very good. For example, Gin's move Zero Hour deals moderate damage to everyone as well as resets hate. Ideally you can drop a Curaga3 after that, but without enough enmity down that can be a risky endeavor. Using Cure5 might help the tank without generating much enmity, but leave several other people in yellow HP. If you Curaga without enough enmity down, Gin can potentially draw in the entire alliance and things go from bad to worse.

I think that's why you tend to find WHMs putting high priority on capped enmity down. It rarely helps, but when it does, it can make or break a fight.

DaneBlood said: »
if the staff affinity does not affect cures, is there any reason to get chatoynatn over iridal?
Staff affinity does affect cures, otherwise both staves would be garbage since all they would have is 10% cure potency.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2018-07-20 13:43:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Staff affinity does affect cures, otherwise both staves would be garbage since all they would have is 10% cure potency.
Staff affinity does not effect cures, or they would've been 20% cure potency in the old days.

It is the 'Iridescence' that makes iridal/chatoyant good, and to the best of my knowledge there is no need for HQ(besides 1 MND).
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-07-20 13:46:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Has the following hidden effects:

Light Magic Potency +10%
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2018-07-20 13:55:36
Link | Quote | Reply

This ***isn't rocket science. Take away the weather/day so iridescence can't proc, cast it with Chatoyant, cast it again with another 10% piece. Chatoyant is 10% cure potency, the elemental affinity does not effect cures.

Chatoyant Staff Cure4 (no other gear, casting on PLD in souv) > 864hp

Clr. Torque +2 Cure4 (no other gear, casting on PLD in souv) > 861 hp

3hp difference is due to the 5 mnd. Hidden effect has no impact on cures, only iridescence. This has been known for literally years.
[+]
 Asura.Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2018-07-20 17:06:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorry my mistake, I was thinking affinity refers to the elemental day/weather bonus (Iridescence). Been a long time since I used the Magian staves.

It doesn't help that affinity is a hidden stat on the Chatoyant, and in fact on BGWiki it is not referred to as affinity either, but "All elements: Magic Potency".
By DaneBlood 2018-07-21 01:56:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorry my mistake, I was thinking affinity refers to the elemental day/weather bonus (Iridescence). Been a long time since I used the Magian staves.

It doesn't help that affinity is a hidden stat on the Chatoyant, and in fact on BGWiki it is not referred to as affinity either, but "All elements: Magic Potency".

The afinity term comes from the ToM trials
even though they work slightly different than the affinity on the elemental staves (they are still the same mechanics just math is a bit different)
 Asura.Toralin
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2018-07-24 16:35:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Order for upgrading artifact armor ?

Hands > Legs?

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2018-07-24 17:59:54
Link | Quote | Reply

eslim said: »
body for enfeebles too.. WHM CAN USE SILENCE !!
(and it works most of the time)

In my experience Bard can land Silence better than White Mage.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Toralin
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2018-07-29 08:51:18
Link | Quote | Reply

how about relic order? any of it worth it? sorry total WHM noob here.
By geigei 2018-07-29 09:47:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Toralin said: »
Pants onry.
 Bahamut.Agerine
Server: Bahamut
user: Agerine
By Bahamut.Agerine 2018-07-29 10:46:12
Link | Quote | Reply

geigei said: »
Pants onry.

Body for Regen boost as well.

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2018-07-29 11:02:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ladyofhonor said: »
In my experience Bard can land Silence better than White Mage.
This is why anecdotes are worthless.

WHM can land damn near anything on most targets below ~i145. I have no issues in omen, dynamis wave1/2, anything below reisen HELM/kirin/WoC in gaes fete, and even master trials. If you really enjoy the job and aren't just forced to be on it, make a good enfeebling set and enjoy the benefits.
[+]
By geigei 2018-07-29 14:12:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Agerine said: »
Pants onry.

Is a shitty potency and duration compared to sch, i rather spend that money elsewhere.
 Bahamut.Agerine
Server: Bahamut
user: Agerine
By Bahamut.Agerine 2018-07-29 15:01:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Agerine said: »
Pants onry.

Is a shitty potency and duration compared to sch, i rather spend that money elsewhere.

And that is your choice.

I’m not here arguing on who’s Regen is better I’m talking about upgrades for WHM and pushing limits on Whitemages Regen sets. First relic piece I made and I don’t regret a single gil spent on it. I full time AoE regen on whm and Sch is no concern to my statement.
(Sch regen is way better but I heal DD parties and sch is hardly, if ever in those parties)
[+]

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 51 52 53 ... 95 96 97