Obamas War Without Congress Approval

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Obamas war without congress approval
Obamas war without congress approval
First Page 2 3 ... 6 7 8 ... 17 18 19
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2014-09-15 22:23:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said: »
Odin.Jassik said: »
Jassik you just applied a correlation that makes me giggle, thank you.

Jet, pleasing you is my only motivation on this forum :D
Then you're doing a pisspoor job of it lately, then again a derail like this hasn't happened in some time.

Too bad I already ate my popcorn.

Oh come on, even god rested on the 7th day!
By Jetackuu 2014-09-15 22:23:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Kooljack said: »
its not about religion anymore. its about creationists versus evolutionists at this point.
ok, you're just outright delusional or severely ignorant at this point...

Because you're saying "religious nonsense" vs "scientific theories" at this point, which is just laughable to compare.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2014-09-15 22:23:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Then you're doing a pisspoor job of it lately, then again a derail like this hasn't happened in some time.

Which god? :P
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2014-09-15 22:24:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Which god? :P

The god formally known as god, or something, I wasn't really paying attention.
By Jetackuu 2014-09-15 22:24:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Tikal said: »
see this is how out of touch atheists are with how evolved the non-denomination church going community has become. YOU PROVE MY POINT BY TRYING TO ARGUE TEXTBOOK DEFINITIONS. you don't understand what the creationists viewpoint is from a non-denomination standard.
I'm not an Atheist. Strike one.
Yeah even if I were religious I'd still call this guy a loon, I just don't believe in hogwash.
By Jetackuu 2014-09-15 22:25:18
Link | Quote | Reply

The god formally known as god, or something, I wasn't really paying attention.
Thor then, got it.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2014-09-15 22:28:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I've always loved this meme.

[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2014-09-15 22:32:00
Link | Quote | Reply

see this is how out of touch atheists are with how evolved the non-denomination church going community has become. YOU PROVE MY POINT BY TRYING TO ARGUE TEXTBOOK DEFINITIONS. you don't understand what the creationists viewpoint is from a non-denomination standard.

What are you then? I just hope that what you think you are actually matches the dictionary definition, unlike Jet.

Edit: Missed a word there.
 Cerberus.Tikal
Server: Cerberus
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2014-09-15 22:33:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Clarify that post for me, lol. I'm not quite sure what you said.

I'm an agnostic.
By Jetackuu 2014-09-15 22:36:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »

What are you then? I just that what you think you are actually matches the dictionary definition, unlike Jet.
There's more than one dictionary definition, and popular =/= right, but while we're on the subject:

More non-atheists consider atheist to mean actively not believing in a god, while most most actual atheists (not your definition, aka more broad definition) just don't have a belief, instead of believe there isn't one.

But you (like others) just want to categorize atheists as "just as crazy" as religious people, so I don't see the point in arguing this with you as you will never concede as it destroys your position.
By Kooljack 2014-09-15 22:39:56
Link | Quote | Reply

My point is RELIGION IS DEAD in the eyes of non-denomination community. yes by definition their're all still religious i get it.. but you aren't taking in the new viewpoint that has become anew.

Its about creationists versus evolutionists at this point in the eyes of many. you either believe we're *** monkeys with no solid proof of evolution, or you can believe in something without seeing. how is it that something so amazing as life, came from nothing? for me it is easier to believe there is a higher power then the monkey theory

believing in a higher power makes me by definition religious, but I'm saying you all are out of touch with how religious people have sense changed and view themselves. There-go the word though it applies by definition; does not apply to the current non denomination movement in this country. which by and large is the majority.

Aethists are the ones so attached to things. they can't fathom the fact that we came from something higher. that they need to forge some evolution theory. The geometrics of life didn't just happen by random chance. it makes more sense that the amazing properties of life came from something higher and not by swirling balls of gas.

just saying all this because this forum has too many monkey theorists without view from the other side.

and my view is that you need to educate yourself about how american christians have changed from practicing rules and standards by which to live by, too just living and letting live. believing and helping people as humanitarians that have something else to offer if your interested. if by definition that makes them religious then so be it. Just dont hurl around the word religion like it has any meaning too the current non-denomination higher power non-rule regulating organizations.
By Jetackuu 2014-09-15 22:41:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I'll clarify:

You consider all atheists to be on the top right when the overwhelming majority are on the bottom right, and you know this and still go on with it, it's intellectually dishonest, and quite frankly at this point I'm about to just start to chalk it up to trolling.

Most theists I've met are on the top left (well claim to be, they've yet to actually "prove" anything outside of their own circular logic).

I've yet to meet a self claiming gnostic atheist however, but they would just be just as loony as any other person claiming to know something without proof.

I get along just fine with agnostic theists.
[+]
 Cerberus.Tikal
Server: Cerberus
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2014-09-15 22:41:36
Link | Quote | Reply

It's not new.
By Jetackuu 2014-09-15 22:42:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm delusional and talking crazy talk, and don't understand a lick of science and dare to call other people stupid
got it, nobody is going to take your insanity seriously, quite honestly here: go check yourself in to the nearest mental hospital, I fear for your safety and those around you.
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2014-09-15 22:47:11
Link | Quote | Reply

My point is RELIGION IS DEAD in the eyes of non-denomination community. yes by definition their're all still religious i get it.. but you aren't taking in the new viewpoint that has become anew.

Its about creationists versus evolutionists at this point in the eyes of many. you either believe we're *** monkeys with no solid proof of evolution, or you can believe in something without seeing. how is it that something so amazing as life, came from nothing? for me it is easier to believe there is a higher power then the monkey theory

believing in a higher power makes me by definition religious, but I'm saying you all are out of touch with how religious people have sense changed and view themselves. There-go the word though it applies by definition; does not apply to the current non denomination movement in this country. which by and large is the majority.

Aethists are the ones so attached to things. they can't fathom the fact that we came from something higher. that they need to forge some evolution theory. The geometrics of life didn't just happen by random chance. it makes more sense that the amazing properties of life came from something higher and not by swirling balls of gas.

just saying all this because this forum has too many monkey theorists without view from the other side.

and my view is that you need to educate yourself about how american christians have changed from practicing rules and standards by which to live by, too just living and letting live. believing and helping people as humanitarians that have something else to offer if your interested. if by definition that makes them religious then so be it. Just dont hurl around the word religion like it has any meaning too the current non-denomination higher power non-rule regulating organizations.

TL:DR - I don't like being grouped in with other Christians.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2014-09-15 22:47:29
Link | Quote | Reply

You say you get along with gnostic theists, and yet anytime any mentions being religious you have to be right there calling them stupid.
By Jetackuu 2014-09-15 22:49:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I find it hilarious that he thinks most are just arguing about their delusional creationist views versus established science, he dares accuse us of being out of touch?

Not to mention the old fashioned "monkey" line, I dare almost say he's also trolling.

Obligatory:

[+]
By Kooljack 2014-09-15 22:49:58
Link | Quote | Reply

you yourself agree that religion has a derogatory reference, thereby having taken on some new or underlying assumption about its meaning.... hence the changing of our language before our own eyes. just like how we say, "thats so sick" when we mean cool etc all those double meanings does change the way we use language over time. it is always changing. the meaning of words are not always confined to the dictionary's definition. DERRRPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP

THE origional bigger conversation was ignored by me, correct. YAY monkey

just annoyed with atheists viewpoints splattered everywhere without any real understanding of how american believers might feel about your word choice to describe them.

religion has turned into something negative, so im against aethists splattering their viewpoints while using the word to describe believers
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2014-09-15 22:51:51
Link | Quote | Reply

You say you get along with gnostic theists, and yet anytime any mentions being religious you have to be right there calling them stupid.

I have to admit, if nobody brought up religion around me, I'd basically never think of it, but when someone starts attributing easily explainable things to "god", I get a little perturbed. Mostly for the fact that people have worked tirelessly to figure things out, and when you claim that "god did it", it is tantamount to waiting for someone to build a giant construction, then saying "god built it, you didn't do crap".

I'm more annoyed with people injecting religious sentiment into completely secular things like I need them to explain the world to me, or like a religious person has x-ray vision and sees things I could never see.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2014-09-15 22:53:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I too can get along with stupid people, shocker. Stop getting so hung up on a synonym for obtuse.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2014-09-15 23:00:36
Link | Quote | Reply

you yourself agree that religion has a derogatory reference, thereby having taken on some new or underlying assumption about its meaning.... hence the changing of our language before our own eyes. just like how we say, "thats so sick" when we mean cool etc all those double meanings does change the way we use language over time. it is always changing. the meaning of words are not always confined to the dictionary's definition. DERRRPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP

just annoyed with atheists viewpoints splattered everywhere without any real understanding of how american believers might feel about you

A dictionary is merely a tool in which we use to reference what words mean, but your "definition" is so far abstract it's not even real, and quite frankly the opposite of what you're trying to say.

Religion has a lot of negative connotations, due to it's ugly history and even current presence, and that's not limited to organized religion, nor it's oppressive nature.

Your "bigger" conversation is so far fetched and not even accurate that nobody with a brain knows where to begin with it, there's factual argument against the scientific theory of evolution, just as there's no factual argument against the scientific theory of gravity, if there were then it would tear it to shreds and we'd create a new scientific theory based on what we find.

Creationism has no merit, it's pure fantasy, and holds no and deserves no respect. I don't honestly give a damn how religious people feel about me, nor should I. But you can't change the fact that you are religious by definition, nor hold even some of those very negative aspects of that regardless of whether or not we use that word to define you or not, it's irrelevant as this conversation.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2014-09-15 23:03:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I too can get along with stupid people, shocker. Stop getting so hung up on a synonym for obtuse.

Stupid? Obtuse? My good sir, if I have to lower myself to match intelligence with you to be considered smart, I'll take stupid and obtuse any day.
By Jetackuu 2014-09-15 23:05:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I have to admit, if nobody brought up religion around me, I'd basically never think of it, but when someone starts attributing easily explainable things to "god", I get a little perturbed. Mostly for the fact that people have worked tirelessly to figure things out, and when you claim that "god did it", it is tantamount to waiting for someone to build a giant construction, then saying "god built it, you didn't do crap".

I'm more annoyed with people injecting religious sentiment into completely secular things like I need them to explain the world to me, or like a religious person has x-ray vision and sees things I could never see.

I mostly have an issue with people resorting to beliefs over facts basically at the start. Or those who try to give credibility to faith healing, mystics, acupuncturists, chiropractors, or other pseudoscience that has little to no credible merit.

Or people who's first reaction to something odd happening being "a ghost did it" or "the place is haunted" instead of trying to figure out what caused something. Door creaked? faulty foundation? lights flickered? poor cycles in your power? etc.

I even personally believe a few things that don't have much if any merit behind them, but I keep those to myself and rarely talk about them, one of which turns out to have had some merit behind it, but is shakey now due to some other evidence, but I'm ok with that.
[+]
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2014-09-15 23:05:47
Link | Quote | Reply

just annoyed with atheists viewpoints splattered everywhere without any real understanding of how american believers might feel about you

A dictionary is merely a tool in which we use to reference what words mean, but your "definition" is so far abstract it's not even real, and quite frankly the opposite of what you're trying to say.

Religion has a lot of negative connotations, due to it's ugly history and even current presence, and that's not limited to organized religion, nor it's oppressive nature.

Your "bigger" conversation is so far fetched and not even accurate that nobody with a brain knows where to begin with it, there's factual argument against the scientific theory of evolution, just as there's no factual argument against the scientific theory of gravity, if there were then it would tear it to shreds and we'd create a new scientific theory based on what we find.

Creationism has no merit, it's pure fantasy, and holds no and deserves no respect. I don't honestly give a damn how religious people feel about me, nor should I. But you can't change the fact that you are religious by definition, nor hold even some of those very negative aspects of that regardless of whether or not we use that word to define you or not, it's irrelevant as this conversation.

glad someone else gets it...
By Jetackuu 2014-09-15 23:06:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Stupid? Obtuse? My good sir, if I have to lower myself to match intelligence with you to be considered smart, I'll take stupid and obtuse any day.

Says the guy who got teabagged in port Jeuno earlier, not to mention that you're ignoring the very strong statistical evidence in the generalizations, but the truth is hard for some people to swallow.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2014-09-15 23:07:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Says the guy who got teabagged in port Jeuno earlier.

LOL. I screamed in your face before that, but I think you win that one.
By Kooljack 2014-09-15 23:07:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Attaching groups of people to the word religion by definition is correct but is by the current MODERN times also implied as a deragatory cult-like meaning underlying it. THERE-GO the believing community finds your mannerism offensive. politically, dictionary correct, but offensive. and in my opinion belligerent and ignorant by not knowing the modern underlying derogatory association that comes with labeling believers as religious cults. And then also knowing that the believing community knows and believes the same thing you do about its double meaning, aka cult. you shouldn't be prone to just openly categorize people underneath it.

just like the word gay. have some enlightenment about the words evolutionary underlying meaning. because if there is a huge community who believe the word is outdated to be even used even though the dictionary definition can't be denied, do you still use it? No you don't you wipe.
By Kooljack 2014-09-15 23:11:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not arguing facts, nor trying to persuade you. I'm saying atheists mannerism is offensive because you're ignorant with how non-denomination Christians think
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2014-09-15 23:13:17
Link | Quote | Reply

not to mention that you're ignoring the very strong statistical evidence in the generalizations, but the truth is hard for some people to swallow.

Pulling the stats card with me? Risky move, young Padawan.
By Jetackuu 2014-09-15 23:13:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Attaching groups of people to the word religion by definition is correct but is by the current MODERN times also implied as a deragatory cult-like meaning underlying it. THERE-GO the believing community finds your mannerism offensive. politically, dictionary correct, but offensive. and in my opinion belligerent and ignorant by not knowing the modern underlying derogatory association that comes with labeling believers as religious cults. And then also knowing that the believing community knows and believes the same thing you do about its double meaning, aka cult. you shouldn't be prone to just openly categorize people underneath it.

just like the word gay. have some enlightenment about the words evolutionary underlying meaning. because if there is a huge community who believe the word is outdated to be even used even though the dictionary definition can't be denied, do you still use it? No you don't you wipe.

Actually organized religions have fit the definition of a cult for a long time, that has nothing to do with "modern times." You guys can find it offensive all you want, it's called reality, stop being a bunch of babies. It's not derogatory to call a religious person religions...

I've never met a religious person before who's had an issue with me calling them religious, and I used to go to church, and know people that still do, but have fun with that.

I also know some gay people and they don't have an issue with me calling them gay, or outright *** at times, so stop being such a giant *** baby when you're so delusional about the world you've constructed your own warped view where somehow you think that religious people shouldn't be called religious because they don't like being associated with what they've done over the years.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 6 7 8 ... 17 18 19