Sigurd's Descendants: The Art Of Dragon Slaying.

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dragoon » Sigurd's Descendants: The Art of Dragon Slaying.
Sigurd's Descendants: The Art of Dragon Slaying.
First Page 2 3 ... 30 31 32 ... 110 111 112
 Ragnarok.Martel
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
By Ragnarok.Martel 2017-02-08 12:16:37
Link | Quote | Reply

To nitpick a bit, I think for that scenario i'd have gone 20 dex 30 acc on that cape. you're only getting 7.5 acc from that 10 dex, versus the full 10 when you add directly to acc. And the potential addition crt rate via dDEX probably isn't worth the acc difference in this case.

I think DRG needs another 3~4 tiers of acc bonus. C'mon SE!
 Sylph.Braden
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Braden 2017-02-08 12:18:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I had a set that broke 1300 acc and 68 STP with Ryunohige, and this was before I made an HQ Emicho shirt or Omen gear came out:

ItemSet 342502

Path B for all the abjuration stuff (Acc+DEX), Valorous booties had DEX+12 Acc+42 Att+14 (DM augment), I actually used Emicho +1 B feet over valorous when AM3 was down.

With maxed vorseals (203), max BRD songs (266 ignoring empy bonus), and Sublime +1 (111), this set was more than enough to cap hit rate on WoC before bracelets. Chirich Rings might've worked better than Rajas+Petrov but I ain't investing in HQs and the difference with NQs would've been 8 accuracy so eh.
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2017-02-08 12:53:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Just barely a 4-hit huh.

There's gear to improve that set now, but.. most of it makes you lose STP.

Niqqmadu and Utu grip, mostly. Wouldn't be an issue for a Trishula TP set, due to the extra STP, but for Ryu, it's a little harder. Would have to make up for it with and STP augment on V feet. GL getting 8 stp and high acc though.

Although if you're going Emicho body, I assume you're just giving up on the 4-hit entirely.

AS for me, looks like I need another Carmine mask. My current one is my PLD's FC head. At least I already have B path carmine legs. I'm really not looking forward to dealing with crafting/buying more HQ abj gear though...

Thanks for posting the set. Was a good reference.
 Fenrir.Sathicus
Server: Fenrir
user: SathQuetz
By Fenrir.Sathicus 2017-02-08 12:59:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Martel said: »
To nitpick a bit, I think for that scenario i'd have gone 20 dex 30 acc on that cape. you're only getting 7.5 acc from that 10 dex, versus the full 10 when you add directly to acc. And the potential addition crt rate via dDEX probably isn't worth the acc difference in this case.

I think DRG needs another 3~4 tiers of acc bonus. C'mon SE!

This is actually what I did. I *** the numbers between my brain and my fingers. Oops.
 Fenrir.Sathicus
By Fenrir.Sathicus 2017-02-08 13:01:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Just barely a 4-hit huh.

There's gear to improve that set now, but.. most of it makes you lose STP.

Niqqmadu and Utu grip, mostly. Wouldn't be an issue for a Trishula TP set, due to the extra STP, but for Ryu, it's a little harder. Would have to make up for it with and STP augment on V feet. GL getting 8 stp and high acc though.

Although if you're going Emicho body, I assume you're just giving up on the 4-hit entirely.

AS for me, looks like I need another Carmine mask. My current one is my PLD's FC head. At least I already have B path carmine legs. I'm really not looking forward to dealing with crafting/buying more HQ abj gear though...

Thanks for posting the set. Was a good reference.

How much total ACC is Carmine +1? Sulevia +1 mask is ~40 ACC with 8 sTP.
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2017-02-08 13:36:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Sulevia's mask is 16 dex and 38 acc. total acc 50.
Carmine mask+1 B path is 37 dex 50 acc. total acc 77.75

It's a pretty significant difference.

EDIT: Also keep in mind that if you're using Carmine +1 legs as well, the first tier of the set bonus is going to net you +20 more acc.
 Fenrir.Sathicus
By Fenrir.Sathicus 2017-02-08 13:56:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Sulevia's mask is 16 dex and 38 acc. total acc 50.
Carmine mask+1 B path is 37 dex 50 acc. total acc 77.75

It's a pretty significant difference.

EDIT: Also keep in mind that if you're using Carmine +1 legs as well, the first tier of the set bonus is going to net you +20 more acc.

Need to buy Carmine +1 mask intensifies...

That's annoying, that is a very huge difference. I'm sitting here wasting hundreds and hundred of Fern stones for a small upgrade from 25ACC 7sTP Valorous Feet when I could be stocking a ~28 ACC upgrade high ACC piece for head.

I still will probably AG my Gungnir at some point though, just for "you've gotta be *** kitten me" levels of EVA or if a GEO dies and with them the Torpor/Precision bubbles.

I wonder how 4-hit with Gungnir to 60 ACC worth of 5-hit Trish/Ryu strictly for needing to hit ACC tiers. I'm sure it's still skewed in favor of Trish/Ryu but I'd assume by significantly less. FWIW I'm not in a position to spreadsheet for a while or I'd just look for myself, lol.
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2017-02-08 14:37:36
Link | Quote | Reply

This is a quick and dirty comparison. I turned off jumps entirely, cause I'm not tweaking 8 sets over a gungnir comparison.

Basically I set target as 136 apex bats (1322 eva), wiped all acc buffs except hasso, then tinkered with the eva down till Gungnir had just capped acc in TP set. Then I tweaked Trishula gear towards high acc till it capped, repeat for WS.

Gungir AG Trishula
3509.066 3586.369
2.2% Lead Set 2 Wins!

Seems like it gets pretty close? The gap would probably close on higher acc targets where Trish has to make more sacrifices to cap hit rate. In this case all it really took to close the gap was Carmine head/legs. Still had a 4-hit too.

Ryu is much the sam, although the size of it's lead depends on if you're getting fighters or sam roll.

Again, it's a quick comparison, take it as a basic idea of how things are, not as absolute standing for acc situations. Results could vary greatly depending on the starting sets you use in the comparison.
 Fenrir.Sathicus
By Fenrir.Sathicus 2017-02-08 14:52:14
Link | Quote | Reply

This is a quick and dirty comparison. I turned off jumps entirely, cause I'm not tweaking 8 sets over a gungnir comparison.

Basically I set target as 136 apex bats (1322 eva), wiped all acc buffs except hasso, then tinkered with the eva down till Gungnir had just capped acc in TP set. Then I tweaked Trishula gear towards high acc till it capped, repeat for WS.

Gungir AG Trishula
3509.066 3586.369
2.2% Lead Set 2 Wins!

Seems like it gets pretty close? The gap would probably close on higher acc targets where Trish has to make more sacrifices to cap hit rate. In this case all it really took to close the gap was Carmine head/legs. Still had a 4-hit too.

Ryu is much the sam, although the size of it's lead depends on if you're getting fighters or sam roll.

Again, it's a quick comparison, take it as a basic idea of how things are, not as absolute standing for acc situations. Results could vary greatly depending on the starting sets you use in the comparison.

Very interesting and also disappointing as now I can't "lol" my way out of AGing my Gungnir.

Thanks for the comparison! Trish having sTP10 on it makes it so I have a hard time imagining ACC gear that does not maintain a 4-hit, but should those situations ever arise it is nice to know that the difference isn't huge.
 Asura.Fiasko
Server: Asura
By Asura.Fiasko 2017-02-08 15:56:53
Link | Quote | Reply

I mean Path D has 20 Accuracy already so you are only giving up dDex by not making a second with Path B. Up to you if its worth the 25m or w/e it is on your server.
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2017-02-08 16:03:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Huh. Strictly speaking you do lose 1 acc going form B -> D path. But yeah, good point. <,<

Although B path also makes a good high acc CDC/requiescat piece for PLD. But that's not really relevant to the thread in general. Just to me.

But for now, I think I'll spare myself from paying 20 mill for 1 acc. Thanks.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2017-02-08 16:29:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Fiasko said: »
Up to you if its worth the 25m or w/e it is on your server.
Might be prudent to wait til the update since we'll know more about those new crafting shields. Not to mention, one never knows what else they might add.
 Leviathan.Sidra
Server: Leviathan
user: Sidra
By Leviathan.Sidra 2017-02-11 18:59:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Sathicus said: »

Gungir AG Trishula
3509.066 3586.369
2.2% Lead Set 2 Wins!

Very interesting and also disappointing as now I can't "lol" my way out of AGing my Gungnir.

Thanks for the comparison! Trish having sTP10 on it makes it so I have a hard time imagining ACC gear that does not maintain a 4-hit, but should those situations ever arise it is nice to know that the difference isn't huge.

I think somewhere along the way (maybe from lol shock spikes, or perhaps just that Ryu was considered bis, thus everything else was considered trash), people got it in their heads that Gungnir was a considerably worse weapon than it actually is. The reality is, it's a very powerful weapon. There are definitely times and scenarios where a different weapon may be stronger, but at the same time there are times when Gungnir comes out on top. It also slowly grows more powerful, especially in comparison to Ryu as More OAT is released and fights get shorter in duration as it is the strongest pre AM weapon (out the relic/mythic/empy) , and also does not need to blow a 3000 tp crappy Weaponskill to engage it's full power which is a massive advantage in shorter encounters. It's ceiling in various crafted scenarios is not as high, but at the same time, it's floor IS always higher. I would not, and do not, push for a 4 hit build with it. Rock a 5hit and push DA/TA as high as you can get it.
[+]
By fillerbunny9 2017-02-11 21:22:26
Link | Quote | Reply

part of the problem that Gungnir has had until (relatively) recently is that its weaker Defense Down proc would overwrite Angon. additionally, Ryunohige was just that much stronger, even before iLevel, that Gungnir's day in the sun was rather limited.
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2017-02-11 22:01:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Back in the day, Ryu had over a 50% DPS advantage over other polearms, and back then Drakes was also it's best WS. Even after the initial introduction of stardiver. So you were triggering AM3 with your strongest WS.

Things have changed since, but Ryu seriously did make Gungnir, and everything else for that matter look like trash.

And SE has release a series of buffs for DRG via job adjustments and gear that improve DRG overall but slowly wore away at Ryu's advantage.

The most telling of these was when they did that massive WS revamp, buff basically every WS in the game. And did absolutely nothing for Drakes.

And then they gipped almost every mythic on the ilvl upgrades in terms of DMG. But now I'm just bitching.

Oh, and in addition to what fillerbunny9 mentioned, Shockspikes AM and an AGI mod WS didn't help Gungnir's image any either back when.

Basically, there were a lot of reasons for a reaally long time to think of Gungnir as trash. It's only relatively recently(looking at the whole) that it's become fairly respectable again.
 Leviathan.Louisoix
user: Louisoix
By Leviathan.Louisoix 2017-03-05 22:36:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Hello all, I haven't touched DRG in many years now. Recently decided to pick it up and see if i find it to be as fun as i once did. All I'm looking for are some good/basic TP/WS sets for it. Omen isnt on the list of gear for myself yet. NQ/HQ Abj. gear is doable and i have the required Amb sets that drg are on. With a handful of HQ Carmine peices. ATM the only polearms i have are Habile mezrak and anything below it. Please and thank you.
 Leviathan.Sidra
By Leviathan.Sidra 2017-03-06 18:23:35
Link | Quote | Reply

You already have the Habile Mazrak. And you can make respectable weaponskill and TP sets with mix/match of Sulevia+1 and Flamma+1. For the body, prolly Emicho. Get a JSE cape and start working on JP and you'll be fine. And cross-job mele standard accessories like Fotia/Moonshade/Chirich/Cessance/Brutal will be useful here as well.
 Leviathan.Louisoix
user: Louisoix
By Leviathan.Louisoix 2017-03-07 01:18:02
Link | Quote | Reply

As far as Jumps go, what are people building into these sets?

There's Attack % increase and also tp return.

just curious as to which people are leaning towards for these sets.
 Leviathan.Sidra
By Leviathan.Sidra 2017-03-07 08:07:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I pretty much jump in my TP set, I am not sure what others are doing. Since jumps are guaranteed to crit and have potent innate attack gains and double/triple tp return, I find the best thing that can happen for a Jump is to have a Double or Triple Attack go off. The benefit is multiplicative. You move right into a WS after the Jump - and in Soul Jump's case have TP overflow in spades for a stronger Weaponskill.

And since my TP set is basically a 5hit build with max extra attacks already, there really isn't much swapping that needs done. I find any of the pieces that impact Jump's TP simply too weak.
 Sylph.Braden
By Sylph.Braden 2017-03-11 20:12:20
Link | Quote | Reply

DRG Spreadsheet Update!
Download it here!
(remember, the Download button is in the top-right corner, click on the ellipsis [...] for a little menu)

UPDATED: BRD buffs updated to reflect the new values, plus raised caps on Song+ and Minuet JPs. You can now also apply Soul Voice to songs individually, as well as Marcato (finally) and a Trust option (which ignores Song+ values).
UPDATED: COR buff values are now generated based on roll properties and the roll's result. Hopefully it's arranged in a convenient and understandable way given the amount of variables and space allotted, if not I can just rearrange things. I'm using whatever BGwiki says is accurate for values (and assuming Rogue's Roll is identical to Fighter's Roll).
UPDATED: Added the new items that actually matter for DD stuffs. Also added the set bonus for AF+2/3 and Regal Ring.

As always, lemme know if there's anything wrong or whatever.

New gear from the February Patch:
Code
Regal Gloves
DEF:106 HP+342 STR+30 DEX+40 VIT+30 AGI+20 INT+30 MND+30 CHR+40 
Accuracy+45 Ranged Accuracy+45 Evasion+47 Magic Evasion+37 "Magic Def. Bonus"+2 Haste+4% 
Converts damage taken to TP Damage taken +20%
[Hands] THF / BST / BRD / RNG / NIN / DRG / COR / DNC

Regal Ring
HP+50 STR+10 DEX+10 VIT+10 AGI+10 Attack+20 Ranged Attack+20 
Set: Increases Accuracy, Ranged Accuracy, and Magic Accuracy
[Ring] WAR / MNK / THF / PLD / DRK / BST / RNG / SAM / NIN / DRG / COR / PUP / DNC / RUN

Moonbeam Ring
HP+100 Accuracy+5 Attack+5 "Store TP"+3 Damage taken -4%
[Ring] WAR / THF / PLD / DRK / BST / BRD / DRG / DNC / RUN

Moonlight Ring
HP+110 Accuracy+8 Attack+8 "Store TP"+5 Damage taken -5%
[Ring] WAR / THF / PLD / DRK / BST / BRD / DRG / DNC / RUN

Moonbeam Cape
DEF:30 HP+250 Damage taken -5%
[Back] All Jobs

Moonlight Cape
DEF:35 HP+275 Damage taken -6%
[Back] All Jobs
[+]
 Leviathan.Sidra
By Leviathan.Sidra 2017-03-13 19:43:59
Link | Quote | Reply

As always, thanks for the update Braden. Sometimes I feel like I play this spreadsheet more than the game. I love crafting scenarios, seeing how things play out, and tinkering with the gears. I do have 2 questions that I have never bothered to ask.

1) I use 6/54 splits with my Gungir for pre/post AM with a 1k TP Weaponskill. For the Mythic and Empy comparisons, I usually use 20/160. Do those splits seem reasonable to you for general analysis?

2.Under the TP Adjustments section, what are Over-TP Rnds and Save TP? I always just leave them as is, because I have never quite figured out exactly what they signify.
 Sylph.Braden
By Sylph.Braden 2017-03-13 21:18:41
Link | Quote | Reply

1) Those splits are rather modest; even without Jumps, Meditate, a COR, and without changing gearsets around, I'm getting about 4.6 seconds to hit 1000 TP, or 14 to hit 3000. Considering the frequency of 3000 TP starts and the ease of getting 1k/3k when you actually use all that stuff, I don't even bother comparing AM splits.

2) Over-TP Rnds is the amount of rounds you're telling the spreadsheet to wait, on average, before using a WS. Increasing this number with Stardiver can situationally increase DPS but is always best when set to 0 with Drakes/Camlann's/Geirskogul. It's supposed to be a means of accounting for human error but most people ignore it.

Save TP is just there to arbitrarily give yourself more Save TP without changing gear, Ionis, or Miser's Roll. It's still subject to the 500 TP cap though. Not sure why they added that and nothing else, but it's from before I started edits.
 Odin.Slore
Server: Odin
user: Slore
By Odin.Slore 2017-03-16 10:34:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok quick question. I am augmenting valorus for my ws set for aeonic stardiver, but I am unsure of what to go for.

Would I be better with double attack augs or crit hit dmg?
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2017-03-16 10:50:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Seeing as Stardiver can't crit, I'm gonna say STR/DA.

Also, from what I've seen on the dps sheets, the 5 higher str cap on Taupe stones wins over 1% more DA from fern.

So use Taupe and go for 15 str, 4% DA, then as much acc/atk as you can.
[+]
 Leviathan.Sidra
By Leviathan.Sidra 2017-03-16 10:56:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Also...attack matters.

For augmenting i'd start with sulevia as your basis for str comparison and then keeping da and att in mind augment the valorous to best it.
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2017-03-18 17:50:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Braden, I think I may have found a minor error in the DRG sheet.

In the breath data sheet, the JP max HP row, all cells are returning as 0 even with wyvern HP JP set to 20. the code for the breath data B8 is;

=IF(Breath!P6=4,Breath!P12*10,0)

Breath P6 is the cell that determines what healing breath tier is being used. Wrong cell maybe? I don't see why totaling wyvern HP from JP would require knowing which HB tier it is. And since the drop down in that cell uses "Healing Breath IV" it will never = 4 and return true.

C8~E8 are much the same.
 Odin.Darkhelmet
By Odin.Darkhelmet 2017-03-18 18:39:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Hello all,

Just returning from a long break and wanting to gear up my DRG, as it was my favorite job before everything became Magic Burst or Bust for a while. I've heard that melees are actually viable now thanks to these last few updates, so excited to get on that.

I haven't really gotten the chance to try Ambuscade, but from my understanding thats the big way to get some good catch up gear. So I'm just trying to gauge what I should get for a basic set, while I'm starting to get back into it.

From the last couple of pages I see it doesn't seem like we go crazy with jump sets anymore, just mostly using TP sets for jump, is any of the 109/119 AF/Relic/Empy necessary? I don't have people to do Vagary with to get the Empy 119, but I have the 109 Body and Feet. Should I just try to farm the Ambuscade base set for now and rock most of that? Any help is appreciated, thanks ^^
 Leviathan.Sidra
By Leviathan.Sidra 2017-03-18 22:38:15
Link | Quote | Reply

DRG AF/Relic/Empy is pretty lackluster and you won't use any of it in a TP or Weaponskill set.

The AF Pants are nice for the Ancient Circle buff, as well as Wyvern HP for healing breaths and Steady Wing. I am assuming just the standard 119 pieces here. For the +3 set you can get some use from both the body (TP and ws option) and legs (Camlanns/Geirskogul).

From the Relic set, the Head is nice for breath swaps and the hands have an augment that increases Angon from 20 > 25%. I don't really see much use for any of the Empy pieces, although I have really high hopes for that body piece once they upgrade to +3, but that is a ways off.

Ambuscade is definitely the way to go for quick gearing. Combining Flamma+1 and Sulevia+1 pieces will get you fully functional TP and WS sets.
 Odin.Darkhelmet
By Odin.Darkhelmet 2017-03-18 22:46:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Fantastic, thank you for the response ^^ I have a Gungnir but don't have the Mythic, Empy, Aeonic. My Gungnir is only 95 at the moment, is it worth using if I cant get the 10,000 Plutons quickly to upgrade it to its highest form. I assume I use Geirskogul to get AM3 up and then proceed to Stardiver as my primary ws?
 Leviathan.Sidra
By Leviathan.Sidra 2017-03-18 22:58:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Until the 119 AM version it's pretty much useless. But at that point it's awesome. The other REMA are all good as well, and doing all of them is really low value better to do another one for a new job. Just pick one I'd say. And if you have a 95 version of Gungnir anyway, I'd go with that.

AM on the relic is simply duration based. So you don't actually need a 3k tp weaponskill like the mythic/empy weapons. You just fire off 1ktp Geirskogul's once a minute to keep your Aftermath up.

If you are spamming with a bunch of peeps than yeah Stardiver spam. But if solo you can make multi-steps or just alternate Geirskogul > Stardiver to darkness. It's far more dmg than non skillchain weaponskill spam. And Geirksogul requires a unique ws build compared to other DRG weaponskills as it's Dex based, but it's actually a decent weaponskill.
First Page 2 3 ... 30 31 32 ... 110 111 112