Uk Cap v.s. Pillager's Bonnet
 Ragnarok.Granis
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Granis25
By Ragnarok.Granis 2014-08-18 13:50:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Whoops meant to make this a seperate thread:

I recently just got a uk cap, and I was wondering, should I use it for TP, or is a 109 Pillager's Bonnet better because of +13 Accuracy? How does the increased crit rate stack up against the increased crit damage. I imagine once my bonnet is 119 it'll just be better period due to being 119 though.

Just trying to make a decision what to do with my uk cap right now. should I macro it in just for WS and maybe for my defensive set (highest ilvl piece I have for head) or can I wear it for TP too and just full time the thing?
 Cerberus.Kylos
Server: Cerberus
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2014-08-18 13:59:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Pillager's Bennot 119 is the weakest THF AF 119. I believe it's used for sneak attack? And that's about it. (The answer is in the THF guide somewhere)

If you want a real TP piece, get Iuitl Headgear +1 or Felistris Mask. The mask is clearly better but you might not have access to Ark Angels yet. Once you got one of those, you can add dex augment on the Uk Cap and use it for Evisceration.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2014-08-18 14:14:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Uk'uxkaj cap augmented with +8 DEX is actually pretty competitive with felistris mask on fodder.

You have 23 STR, 23 DEX, +10 Attack and +2% Triple Attack on Felistris Mask

Versus:

+22 STR, +33 DEX(+8 augment added), +3% Critical Hit Rate on the Uk'uxkaj Cap.

Anything you're capped attack/dDEX on it pretty much comes down to 2% Triple Attack versus 3% Critical Hit rate.

But anything that's just slightly over your Attack/dDEX caps, well, attack is a lot easier to recap solo between food/acid bolts. But, if dDEX cap is just slightly over your cap (ie: 10 or less), 1 DEX automatically becomes 1% Critical hit rate.

IMHO, this makes Uk'uxkaj Cap a more powerful piece for fodder.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Granis
By Ragnarok.Granis 2014-08-18 14:34:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I guess I should preface this by saying I've never done, and probably won't do delve, at least on THF. (if I'd have gotten into a Delve PT I'd be probably ending up switching jobs, since WHM is my main.)

I haven't had much luck getting +1 items for my Skirmish armor so I can't +1 my head rn.
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2014-08-18 14:36:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Anything higher than fodder, you're probably better off just using whirlpool mask.

Post deleted by User.
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2014-08-18 15:03:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Josiahkf said: »
I'm still using my iuitl headgear+1 with critical hit rate + or DA+ when accuracy is capped, wonder what the hierarchy is now.
Can't bear to lose TA+2% as a thf lightly

I've never been much of a fan of Double Attack on THF, since your main muli-attack stat is Triple Attack and it diminishes the returns on Double Attack. Especially in very small amounts like 1-3% or less.

Also, THF hasn't really lost much Triple Attack for fodder content, the TP set I'm using for fodder atm still has a 21% Triple Attack rate(26% if I'm behind the mob), and upholds a 40% Critical Hit rate(42% with Ionis) if I'm dDEX capped.
 Ragnarok.Granis
By Ragnarok.Granis 2014-08-18 16:03:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Unfortunately I don't have Whilpool Mask because I don't have shark clear.
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2014-08-18 16:06:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Are you saying you would take 3% crit rate over 2% TA and 1-2% DA or 2% TA and 1-2% crit rate?
Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget said: »
I'm still using my iuitl headgear+1 with critical hit rate + or DA+ when accuracy is capped, wonder what the hierarchy is now.

I've never been much of a fan of Double Attack on THF, since your main muli-attack stat is Triple Attack and it diminishes the returns on Double Attack. Especially in very small amounts like 1-3% or less.

Also, THF hasn't really lost much Triple Attack for fodder content, the TP set I'm using for fodder atm still has a 21% Triple Attack rate(26% if I'm behind the mob), and upholds a 40% Critical Hit rate(42% with Ionis) if I'm dDEX capped.

Are you saying you would take 3% crit rate over 2% TA and 1-2% DA or 2% TA and 1-2% crit rate? There is really no reason not to TP in Iuitl Headgear +1 with a DA or crit augment unless uk' cap is putting you into or through the dDex sweet spot. On anything you need acc for, Pillager's or Whirlpool will probably be better.

uk' would be best for weaponskill.

As for the diminishing returns of DA, @21% TA rate, 1% of DA is still .8 extra swings out of 100. So it doesn't diminish too much.

Post deleted by User.
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2014-08-18 20:23:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Shadowmeld said: »
Are you saying you would take 3% crit rate over 2% TA and 1-2% DA or 2% TA and 1-2% crit rate?
Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget said: »

Are you saying you would take 3% crit rate over 2% TA and 1-2% DA or 2% TA and 1-2% crit rate? There is really no reason not to TP in Iuitl Headgear +1 with a DA or crit augment unless uk' cap is putting you into or through the dDex sweet spot.

In a nutshell, yes, that is exactly what I'm saying. Now, in lower level fodder content like Dynamis DC mobs obviously the extra DEX on the Uk'uxkaj Cap doesn't do anything for me because I was already dDEX capped before it. But on high level fodder content like solo meriting on DC/EM Adoulin mobs, it actually does make a difference, anything else in between would vary, and I don't care to make like 3-5 different fodder content TP sets. I would rather have one that will obviously work just fine ont he lower level crap and still hold it's own very well on the higher level fodder content as well. I have 1 set for fodder content and one set for high level content.

If you have the inventory space to make a separate fodder TP set for each low level content in the game, more power to you.

If you want to call me a bad player because I won't make a separate fodder TP set for every single low level content in the game, be my guest.

But as far as ranging between anything I would consider fodder content Uk'uxkaj Cap is a very balanced piece at the moment, and covers my needs extremely well.

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2014-08-19 08:50:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I wasn't implying that you were a bad player. Uk' cap is a fine piece of equipment. I was responding to your dislike of DA because of "diminishing returns."

Crit chance has diminishing returns in the same way that DA has, although it does synergize with more multi-atk pretty well. When dDex and the crit cap aren't in the equation. Iuitl Headgear +1 with a 2% DA aug provides 2% TA and 2% DA. With my build which has already 3% QA, 21% TA, 22% DA (/war) that is

3 QA
20 TA
17 DA
166 attacks
96 normal hits
70 crits

3 QA
22 TA
18 DA
171 attacks
104 normal hits
67 crits

@ cratio of 1 it is pretty much a wash, but in capped atk situations the 2% TA/DA will edge it out. Obviously this is not talking about dDex sweet spot situations in which uk will always win and frankly I don't have a problem with someone always assuming that they need the extra dex to hit that sweet spot as it really isn't a big loss.

The point I was trying to make was the dislike of DA for "diminishing returns" is illogical. It increases your DPS, its irrelevant that it doesn't increase your DPS as much because you have a bunch of front loaded triple attack.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2014-08-19 10:22:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Shadowmeld said: »
I wasn't implying that you were a bad player. Uk' cap is a fine piece of equipment. I was responding to your dislike of DA because of "diminishing returns."

Crit chance has diminishing returns in the same way that DA has, although it does synergize with more multi-atk pretty well. When dDex and the crit cap aren't in the equation. Iuitl Headgear +1 with a 2% DA aug provides 2% TA and 2% DA. With my build which has already 3% QA, 21% TA, 22% DA (/war) that is

3 QA
20 TA
17 DA
166 attacks
96 normal hits
70 crits

3 QA
22 TA
18 DA
171 attacks
104 normal hits
67 crits

@ cratio of 1 it is pretty much a wash, but in capped atk situations the 2% TA/DA will edge it out. Obviously this is not talking about dDex sweet spot situations in which uk will always win and frankly I don't have a problem with someone always assuming that they need the extra dex to hit that sweet spot as it really isn't a big loss.

The point I was trying to make was the dislike of DA for "diminishing returns" is illogical. It increases your DPS, its irrelevant that it doesn't increase your DPS as much because you have a bunch of front loaded triple attack.

Sorry for responding so crassly, I didn't mean I totally ignore DA, it's just more often than not, unless it's a pretty substantial boost to it versus the other options, I tend to steer away from it, and lately since I started getting ilvl gear my TP set seems to take a more favored turn towards critical hit, between all the crit rate and crit damage we have now. And, by those numbers you posted above it's not much of a difference either way, so to each their own.

I will say though, when the Crits and multi attacks happen at the same time on fodder(which happens quite often at 40%), it's pretty destructive.
 Sylph.Raeka
Server: Sylph
user: Raeka
By Sylph.Raeka 2014-08-19 12:38:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Granis said: »
I haven't had much luck getting +1 items for my Skirmish armor so I can't +1 my head rn.
I was going to say a torso III trig is a mindlessly easy solo for pulch wings but sadly not by either of your two jobs : /

Sorry to get off-topic, but could you elaborate on which jobs can solo/strat? Thanks!

Post deleted by User.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
By lhova 2014-08-19 22:43:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok so is the feline mask the best tp option on high level mobs?
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2014-08-19 22:50:49
Link | Quote | Reply

High level? As in High Tier mission battles and Delve? Probably not, whirlpool mask would be more prudent.
 Bahamut.Darksouls
Server: Bahamut
user: blacksoul
By Bahamut.Darksouls 2014-08-19 23:25:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Torso III Time limit is 50 minutes so just pretend it says
"Defeat 1 umbril per minute." And since those *** go down in 5 seconds each + Noetics, you'll be laughing.

Thanks for the strategy Josiahkf. I was trying to solo Outer 1-1-1 myself but the major issue I ran into was not enough umbril to kill (a.k.a not spawn fast enough) and got the timeout at 29/30 >_<. Just wondering was that an issue for you at higher ties? Maybe it was because the NM was wandering around with the Umbril and I have to wait for the right moment to cast.
 Sylph.Raeka
Server: Sylph
user: Raeka
By Sylph.Raeka 2014-08-20 23:13:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Raeka said: »
Ragnarok.Granis said: »
I was going to say a torso III trig is a mindlessly easy solo for pulch wings but sadly not by either of your two jobs : /

Sorry to get off-topic, but could you elaborate on which jobs can solo/strat? Thanks!
You go in as a good geo/sch or blm/sch rdm/sch or a sch
Or an amazing whm/sch with a pro nuking set

And use legs 4 or 5 torso 3 and any head you want. The first room is always umbrils on a torso III and you murder them in 3 stone I casts then you go pop Noetics, continuously walking back to kill umbrils respawns. It's near impossible to fail primary using this strategy even if most Noetics *** you over, netting you 6+ solid items (maybe wings and Ki if you used a decent head or decent luck.)

Clearing secondary as a solo, on a torso 3 is not practical and not with the effort for 1 extra item.

Many thanks. I've had a ton of success already and it sure beats joining a PUG.
 Shiva.Eboneezer
Server: Shiva
user: Eboneezer
By Shiva.Eboneezer 2014-08-21 00:23:54
Link | Quote | Reply

What is the deal with the noetics? What option are you selecting? Can you just sit in that umbril room and kill them as they respawn?

Nvm...I didn't know you could get points from the higher tier legs. Sorry

Post deleted by User.
[+]