Sound Driver Help. Pleaaaaaaaase!

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Tech Support » Sound Driver Help. Pleaaaaaaaase!
Sound Driver Help. Pleaaaaaaaase!
 Asura.Celene
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Celene
By Asura.Celene 2009-08-08 18:56:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Okay, so long story short, I reformatted my laptop, install my ***, and I have no sound. All I know is I am suppose to use Realtek. I tried the driver off my CD, and nothing, so I downloaded one off their website, and still nothing. Windows doesn't even detect that a driver is there, so I don't know what is wrong with it. <.<

I should also mention, I had Bluetooth driver on laptop, too. I had removed it because it would show I was using a hands-free device for sound, which I don't. The only Bluetooth item I have is a headset for my PS3, which is currently broken, thanks to my cat.

Yeah, uhm, if anyone has some tips or knows wtf is going on, some help would be nice. :X I need sound!

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Celene
By Asura.Celene 2009-08-08 19:20:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Uhm, well, I know it's an Alienware Area 51 m9750.
My dad suggested the laptop to my mother, and they split on it for an x-mas gift. No one lol at me. <_<

It came with Realtek HD Audio Driver 1.58, the newest one is 2.29, neither work. That's about all I know. :|

My CD/DVD drive doesn't work either but that is another story I won't get into. <_<
 Asura.Slamm
user: Slamm
By Asura.Slamm 2009-08-08 19:25:38
Link | Quote | Reply

sound card might of died if the one on the cd didn't work

try here http://support.alienware.co.uk/Support_Pages/Restricted_Pages/driver_downloads.aspx

if that doesn't work call the company, they will replace it for free if its still in warranty

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Celene
By Asura.Celene 2009-08-08 19:41:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Hm, don't know. I have never had to install that before.

Usually when I reformat, I get the exact same problem, but I never remember how I fix it, because it's normally clicking things and stuff. >.<
 Asura.Slamm
By Asura.Slamm 2009-08-08 19:48:09
Link | Quote | Reply

the driver on the cd should definitely work, try reinstalling that then restart your pc
 Asura.Celene
By Asura.Celene 2009-08-08 20:11:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Tried that, nothing.
 Asura.Slamm
By Asura.Slamm 2009-08-08 20:34:41
Link | Quote | Reply

ok been @ alienware site, this might work

try this if you have xp http://aliendl.alienware.com/Mobile/m9750/m9750_Audio_XP_5.10.0.5366.zip

or this if u have vista http://aliendl.alienware.com/Mobile/m9750/m9750_Audio_Vista_6.0.1.5371.zip
 Asura.Celene
By Asura.Celene 2009-08-09 10:03:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, thanks everyone for all your help.
Nothing has worked yet. In fact, I had tried most of these drivers before, but it doesn't hurt to try again. Still, no go. >.< Duno what to do now. :(
 Remora.Dubont
Server: Remora
user: Dubont
By Remora.Dubont 2009-08-09 10:18:01
Link | Quote | Reply

download everest and use it to find ur driver's page to download and install the correct one
 Ramuh.Lilsanchez
Server: Ramuh
By Ramuh.Lilsanchez 2009-08-09 10:36:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe your volume is at 0? ;o It's either your Sound Card is dead, shorted, or maybe your PC doesn't have a few major components that need to be installed for it to play sound. Do you still have volume control on your laptop? I know of a few ppl who had theirs suddenly disappear on them. SndVol32.exe
 Siren.Enternius
Server: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-08-09 10:37:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Click the huge "Download Now" button.

I had the same problem. Getting that fixed it right up, but if you're using an ATI Graphics card, you'll also have to download Catalyst Control Center to get FFXI working.

Honestly, if that doesn't work, then I clearly won't be of any help. Either way, best of luck with your laptop.
 Ramuh.Lilsanchez
By Ramuh.Lilsanchez 2009-08-09 10:41:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Enternius said:
Click the huge "Download Now" button.

I had the same problem. Getting that fixed it right up, but if you're using an ATI Graphics card, you'll also have to download Catalyst Control Center to get FFXI working.

Honestly, if that doesn't work, then I clearly won't be of any help. Either way, best of luck with your laptop.

Her graphics card isn't messed up silly. That's working, she only needs help with the Sound Card. Downloading and messing around with catalyst control center isn't a bright idea if her graphics is already working.
 Asura.Celene
By Asura.Celene 2009-08-09 12:14:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Lilsanchez said:
Maybe your volume is at 0? ;o It's either your Sound Card is dead, shorted, or maybe your PC doesn't have a few major components that need to be installed for it to play sound. Do you still have volume control on your laptop? I know of a few ppl who had theirs suddenly disappear on them. SndVol32.exe

When I use the little scroll bar winder for sound on the sound of my laptop, the bars don't move. I would assume this is because there is no driver...? When I had Bluetooth driver on it detected it and the scroll bar went up, now it does nothing.

I should add I do get SOME form of sound, it's like a short beep when I hit backspace and there is no more txt be be erased. Believe it is called... system sounds. o.o
 Asura.Charlottie
By Asura.Charlottie 2009-08-09 12:46:52
Link | Quote | Reply

celene doesn't have a controller, doesn't have sound, her graphics lag..

be better off playing on ps3 X.x;;;;;;;;;
 Ramuh.Whypaul
user: whypaul
By Ramuh.Whypaul 2009-08-09 12:58:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Control panel/sound i have no idea what OS your on, but i know on both Vista and XP if you install a bluetooth device and it has an audio feature of some description on it your computer defaults that as the soundcard. You need to check in control panel and see if u can see it in there and change default to the onboard sound you have. It is a common issue and hopefully the one your having (as its easily fixed).
 Asura.Celene
By Asura.Celene 2009-08-09 12:59:45
Link | Quote | Reply

ROFL.
*** no.
I don't lag anymore, anyways, it was backed up with too much clutter and junk, now it works fine.

...Just no sound.

Laptop > shitty PS2 graphics any day, w/ or w/o sound! Besides, still can listen to MP3 player. xD
 Asura.Celene
By Asura.Celene 2009-08-09 13:26:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, anyways duno what happened, was just sitting here randomly and got a little msg saying it finally found Realtek driver. >.>;;;

Lameo.
 Asura.Charlottie
By Asura.Charlottie 2009-08-09 13:35:23
Link | Quote | Reply

i had to spend all morning getting back to 75 and a buffer 'cause i hung out with odan. we could have used you earlier ;.;