Forum » FFXI » Servers » Bismarck » Good Bye Aselin :(
Good Bye Aselin :(
 Phoenix.Audacity
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Crumpet
By Phoenix.Audacity 2014-07-19 15:45:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I left Bismarck a long time ago but my time spent with Aselin was a very enjoyable time indeed. Very sad news. R.I.P :(
[+]
 Bismarck.Chiisaku
Server: Bismarck
user: Matokoto
By Bismarck.Chiisaku 2014-07-19 17:49:45
Link | Quote | Reply

It's so nice to see the support coming from everyone. Ase was a great person and player. He always helped us whenever he could and although I never got the chance to get close with him. It was easy to tell how caring he was just from the chats and things we have done together over the years. I was in shock when I got that text from pickles yesterday. I just came back to the game so i haven't been in touch with Ase in quite some time. I was unsure about this thread at first but now that i've seen the response its gotten it brings a tear to my eye every time I read it. The legacy of what he left behind is more than he may ever had known. Rip my friend. It's a well deserved one after such a long battle.
[+]
 Asura.Backstab
Server: Asura
user: backstab
By Asura.Backstab 2014-07-19 21:00:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I never got the chance to get to know him but sounds like he was a nice person, RIP Aselin.
[+]
 Shiva.Onorgul
Server: Shiva
user: Onorgul
By Shiva.Onorgul 2014-07-19 21:27:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Just hearing the news and rather upset by it. I'd hoped he would overcome the cancer.

Requiescat in pace.
[+]
 Bismarck.Syche
user: Sychee
By Bismarck.Syche 2014-07-19 21:32:54
Link | Quote | Reply

It has been a while but Aselin was someone that was always ready to help you in game or out of game. It was great to have known you and played with you. You'll be missed.
[+]
 Cerberus.Halticus
Server: Cerberus
user: Halticus
By Cerberus.Halticus 2014-07-20 02:15:19
Link | Quote | Reply

R.I.P. Aselin
[+]
 Bismarck.Cloudstrafie
user: cloud7886
By Bismarck.Cloudstrafie 2014-07-23 17:22:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Aselin and I went way back, he was the best person to be around and always wanted to help others even if it didn't benefit him. I know he had a lot of friends but I'll cherish the time I spent with him and had the pleasure of having him in my shell. I talked to him many times on the phone over the years, always so helpful and caring, I'll miss him he will never be forgotten I might have a few in game pics of him if I can find them I'll post them here.
[+]
 Bismarck.Ihina
user: Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2014-07-23 18:07:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Syche said: »
It has been a while

You got that right.
 Bismarck.Celerin
user: Celerin
By Bismarck.Celerin 2014-07-27 20:45:27
Link | Quote | Reply

First time home in a while, posted on his page but didn't see this.

I've knew Aselin when I moved to Bismarck back in 2007 and I can say since day 1 I never had anything bad to say about him. Always there to help anywhere he could. I feel bad cause there was a lot more he wanted to get done and I didn't/ couldn't help him more than I was able to. I knew he wasn't feeling well when I started seeing him less and less in game. He was taking treatments and I never asked him how he was doing with that, always meant to, but didn't want to bring it up that way to upset him. I got a text a few days ago about him passing away and I kinda was taken aback from it. I send my condolences to his RL family and friends.

RIP Aselin. You will be missed as we lost one of the best people in the gaming community I have ever known.
[+]
 Bismarck.Kuroganashi
By Bismarck.Kuroganashi 2014-07-27 21:00:13
Link | Quote | Reply

*Pays his respects*

Aselin was always a wonderful person

Aselin will Live forever in our hearts, no matter what others say

Such a wonderful person shall not be permitted to be forgotten

R.I.P. My Friend Aselin....
[+]
By angermfmade 2014-07-27 21:24:47
Link | Quote | Reply

rip ...F cancer
[+]
 Bismarck.Neocloud
user: Neocloud
By Bismarck.Neocloud 2014-07-28 15:58:38
Link | Quote | Reply

He was a great guy, he will be missed. RIP
[+]
 Bismarck.Blaklotus
user: blaklotus
By Bismarck.Blaklotus 2014-07-28 17:07:37
Link | Quote | Reply

RIP Aselin. Your suffering has ended and a new journey begins. Good luck!
[+]
 Lakshmi.Kingofbastok
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Kingofbastok 2014-07-30 11:49:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I know this is kind of late, but I just wanted to give my condolences to all of Aselin's family and friends, both in game and real life. I've never met him, but from what I read in this thread and from what he posted in other threads, he seemed like a really nice person who was willing to go out of his way to help people whenever he could, even if he didn't know them well.

He may not have had the best gear, but he was making an effort to get better gear. He set a lot of goals for himself and I just hope he was able to attain some of them. I'm truly sorry to you all for your loss and I just wish I was lucky enough to have met him. He seemed like a really standup guy and he will be greatly missed, but never forgotten.

/Goodbye Aselin
/Bow
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [42 days between previous and next post]
 Bismarck.Ronalas
user: jackx
By Bismarck.Ronalas 2014-09-10 01:09:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Just found out about Ase as my time to play is way less. Very heartbroke to hear he is gone we go way way back from when i first arrived on bismarck was in a few linkshells with him always helped me and remained in contact with him. He helped in more ways than just game level he helped others see things in a different way. Was more than just a good RDM worked hard at every job he played and played like he had the best gear even if he didn't. 11 and bismarck will never see his like and I will always remember him. R.I.P Aselin even Cancer could not take your smile or dim your positive light.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [107 days between previous and next post]
By Munky 2014-12-26 02:03:34
Link | Quote | Reply

R.I.P Friend... And sorry for Necro.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2014-12-31 17:28:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Who is missed the most?

I am really happy to see this. Aselin was a good friend, and he honestly thought he didn't have too many people that liked him. I'm glad to see that his kindness to others earned him this acknowledgement. RIP my friend.
[+]
 Bismarck.Svirus
user: Cyrius
By Bismarck.Svirus 2015-01-15 20:13:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Decided to come browse ffxiah after so many years have gone by to get my nostalgia fix and this is what I get? Argh, RIP Ase!! You helped so much and true bismarckians will never forget you and your contributions.. Ever since I started waaaayyy back when, ase was always lending a helping hand.. He was 1 of the first people to greet my noob *** to the KI forums and made me feel welcome straight away. Peace bro
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [146 days between previous and next post]
 Bismarck.Mazurat
user: Mazurat
By Bismarck.Mazurat 2015-06-10 14:07:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I was reading Aselins post about getting an Xbox One controller to work with FFXI and had to restart my PC. Searching for Aselin brought me to this post :(

I am very saddened by this news. People who never played with him truly missed out. I remember Aselin from way way back in the day. Around the CoP/ToAU days Aselin would AFK at the Nyzul Isle staging point in the Undersea ruins with his Wyvern. So thats where I would leave my character as well. Just two strangers chilling around the staging point. Once we started seeing each other in town it was simply a /wave or a /salute as we passed. Once I got to chatting with him however is when I really found out what a great person they were. They were always first in line to help me out to get caught up with the current times. We would joke around about taking long breaks and coming back basically not remembering how to play.

It was always heartening to see Aselin's random wave to you after a long break from the game. Words cant really express how I felt running into an old familiar name like Aselin's. I'm an old soul in FFXI and I cherish all the old familiar faces from back in the day. Brings back great memories of all the time I've spent with this game.

Farewell and /salute my friend. You will be missed.

(Sorry for the necro but I had to say this stuff)
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [1326 days between previous and next post]
 Bismarck.Thomaswarlord
By Bismarck.Thomaswarlord 2019-01-27 00:36:35
Link | Quote | Reply

R.I.P Aselin you fought the good fight!
By Aerison 2019-01-27 00:37:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Holy necro TW, also R.I.P.