Forum » FFXI » Servers » Asura » >>HNMls Selectively Recruiting
>>HNMls Selectively Recruiting
 Asura.Shamaya
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Shamaya
By Asura.Shamaya 2009-08-06 07:30:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Removing for now. Can't delete thread. I'd love ta leave it up but recruitment for Zealot is a bit closed atm for various reasons.

I've removed all the details here, but if anyone has a question about the LS, you can still feel free to PM me any time.
[+]
 Shiva.Xellith
Server: Shiva
user: Xellith
By Shiva.Xellith 2009-08-06 07:34:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Teamspeak >> ventrillo

especially cant wait for teamspeak3 on the horizon :D
 Seraph.Kyaaadaa
Server: Seraph
user: Kyaaadaa
By Seraph.Kyaaadaa 2009-08-06 07:52:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Shame there isn't one of these on Seraph ; ;
 Asura.Korpg
user: Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-08-06 14:23:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Shamaya said:

-Can't have a bad reputation
(ie can't be a Futchy, Booyaka, Demonhunter, etc etc)

While I understand those 3, what do you consider to be a "bad reputation?"
[+]
 Asura.Shamaya
By Asura.Shamaya 2009-08-06 14:44:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Guess it's a matter of debate =/
Definitely subjective / relative, and not objective in any way.

However. It's pretty damn clear that if you are one of those three people, your reputation is ***. This is clear to anyone who's been active in the Asuran community for the last couple of years.

I'll edit it to "justifiably horrible" reputation
[+]
 Asura.Korpg
user: Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-08-06 14:51:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, lets use me as an example. Although I'm not applying (I'm very happy with HeavenlyKnights at the moment) but we can use me as an example.

My reputation among some people is tarnished. Thats ok by me, they are idiots anyway. (see KI for a detailed example)

Although my reputation as a person is tarnished, my reputation as a player is cleaner than a saint. I have been proven to be honest, trustworthy, and smart when it comes to my jobs.

Some people in your shell may hate me, but some people in your shell would vouch for me.

How will you deside on that? I'm sure there are a lot of people on Asura with my type of reputation (some hate them, some like them type of people).
[+]
 Bahamut.Kelia
Server: Bahamut
user: Kelia
By Bahamut.Kelia 2009-08-06 15:00:51
Link | Quote | Reply

^ I lol'd 10/10
 Asura.Shamaya
By Asura.Shamaya 2009-08-06 15:19:42
Link | Quote | Reply

We'd decide on it the same way any linkshell does when they discuss an app on forums. People debate and stack vouches against the naysayers until eventually a decision is made.

I know what you mean. For a very brief period of time, my squeaky clean rep became tarnished in some SML cliques, generally because they automatically assumed that I bought gil to fund my relic, being otherwise unable to fathom how I actually did it (as outlined in my bl0rg).
 Asura.Gacktcamui
user: gourryzyx
By Asura.Gacktcamui 2009-08-06 15:37:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Meh, the lolers were banned (hard-*** prison banned) and are now forever bitter toward SE. (Damn they screwed us and then some).
 Asura.Shamaya
By Asura.Shamaya 2009-08-07 20:51:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Forgot to mention earlier the wishlist system. You can wishlist two items at a given time, max. When you add something to your wishlist, there is a buffer period where it will not enter your wish list for 7 days after you add it. Drop distribution is determined by a formula which includes functions for how long the item has been on your wishlist, and your activity for the past 8 weeks to-date. So it combines a dkp-like point system with a sort of seniority/desert. This is the same system used in VV and I've never heard of any member disliking it; I actually prefer this to this to the very deeply thought out silent bidding system Arisen used. The system is also fully automated, integrated into the site, and viewable by all members.
 Asura.Chadamius
user: Chadamius
By Asura.Chadamius 2009-08-08 04:32:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Yo! sup Shamaya?

I've been playing for almost 6 years now. Spent less than 2 years in Endgame and have never tried the HNM side of FFXI. (Camping HNM's)

How would you rate this experience and is there a website up and running to be able to check it out?

Korpg,

I can understand and relate to your experience. As can most players on Asura.

I've come to realize. It's just the nature of the beast. Some will love ya. Some will hate ya. It's no different than in real life.

Even in the most organized, and equal LS I've known. There were people who bred drama. There were people who took advantage of the system. (Meaning they found ways to earn DKP and only come to events when they had a good chance of obtaining a desired piece. Otherwise these members were really never active in LS events. Some even left the shell shortly after obtaining the gear they were after.)

Some people just always take the low road. The path with least resistance.
 Asura.Andradi
user: Andradi
By Asura.Andradi 2009-08-11 08:58:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Shamaya said:
and are highly eager to camp HNM's

There are people who are even remotely eager to camp HNM?

"Oh boy, I sure can't wait to stand around doing nothing for 3 hours, only to get outclaimed by some *** with a bot!"

I don't get it.

Good luck with your applicants, though.
 Cerberus.Geldric
Server: Cerberus
user: Geldricv2
By Cerberus.Geldric 2009-08-11 09:23:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Because theres always one HNMls who doesn't bot.
 Asura.Shamaya
By Asura.Shamaya 2009-08-11 21:23:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey Chad. Actually, yeah, you don't even have to describe yourself to me, hehe, I already know you're the kind of person that we're looking for. That is at least, if you do have decent playtime available and are eager to participate in the activities.

Here's all we have up atm: http://zealot-hnmls.forumn.net/
The site is actually very simple, but that's all that's really needed to be effective. You may remember all of the tedious management and rule nit-picking that (had to) be done in Arisen. It may have ended up in net counterproductivity, in a sense. Likewise, in applicants the idea is simple and straightforward as well. Rather than prioritizing gear > jobs > etc, what's important is simply 'eagerness and playtime' > jobs > gear. For someone that's spent so much time and gil decking one job, that's sad to me, but this formula seems to produce good results.

If it still interests you just PM me.

Andradi said:
There are people who are even remotely eager to camp HNM?

"Oh boy, I sure can't wait to stand around doing nothing for 3 hours, only to get outclaimed by some *** with a bot!"

I don't get it.
I've had a very similar attitude to that for the last 5 years of this game. Believe it or not though this style actually works for some people. When I get home from work and have to cook, lesson plan, etc, sitting at a camp is actually productive and a way of staying "social" (in a sense), while doing the daily grind. Also, some of the fascination that might inspire eagerness in LS members and applicants is the sort of LS-culture/game-lifestyle thing. FFXI's PvP sucks, but competitive PvE can actually be a rush, and the teamwork involved can be fulfilling. I fought 1 HNM in all my years before joining VV in April. I enjoy HNM's and they are still 'fresh' for me, despite being old content.

As well, regarding camping. You'd be surprised at the multiple methods available to combat botting. One of which, at Fafhog for example, is clearing darters. A lot of the secret is actually under people's noses and
more controllable than many might think: People lack motivation and afk at windows all the time or don't try hard enough because they feel "I can't claim" or "someone else will do it." If you have 18 people that lack that and actually have positive and confident attitudes, you'll see much different results. As for LS's that do bot, it's still seen by some as a means of survival against others of the same evil, of course. Like an arms war. Handguns -> automatics -> etc. That's a whole nother logi-ethical brainfuck, though.

Can't delete the thread so taking the OP down for now. PM for inquiries.