Meanwhile, At The Huffington Post:

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Meanwhile, at the Huffington Post:
Meanwhile, at the Huffington Post:
First Page 2 3 ... 18 19 20 ... 56 57 58
 Lakshmi.Flavin
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2014-09-26 14:55:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Nausi said: »
Lakshmi.Flavin said: »
You think a real man demeans a woman?

A real man is able to act like a *** grown up and not a child. A real man is above that petty *** and can handle himself with a sense of pride.

A real man doesn't mock someone for *** like that because he got his precious little feelings hurt.

God you're a joke Nausi.

Edit: Oh yeah... real men are just so afraid of fatties too! #1 fear for life!

Context: The video narrates that very fact in its introduction. #1 fear for men is going on a blind date with a girl that turns out to be fat. #1 fear for women is a blind date with a serial killer.

Right, real men sit there and get demeaned by women and don't say a word. They're suppose to just let women be *** to them and not say a word.

Sexist misandry ***!
Demeaned by a woman? She lied to you about being fat. The lie was exposed. It's not demeaning.

A real man would walk away in that situation and not stoop to the same level.

What you're referring to is a little ***. (just so you don't misunderstand or try to turn it around. the little *** is the guy in this topic that you describe)
Are you really suggesting that lying to someone isn't demeaning?
Good luck with that Nausi.
(Good luck with that? What does that even mean?)

You wouldn't feel humiliated if you spent hours / days investigating and developing an online connection with a girl you thought was a 10 only to find out she was lying to you and was actually a 1?

Of course you would.
It means good luck with that world view of yours. I will wait to hear about you on a huffpo article about how you lost your job because you went beallistic on some fatty that deceived you and you know lib nuts and all you're place of employment will just have to let you go to save face. But she took off her make up and it was all a lie! A LIE I TELL YOU!!!!!!

No. I wouldn't be humiliated. If looks were important to me I would just tell her that it wasn't working for me and I'd excuse myself.

I would not feel the need to defend myself or feel humiliated in any way lol... I think it's quite amusing that you would and think others would then equate that feeling and said shitty reaction to it to "being a man".

Like I said... good luck with that Nausi.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-09-26 14:56:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramyrez said: »
If she's an idiot, then what's the point in mating with her?
Believe it or not, that is a trait that some men actually look for.

Lack of intelligence signifies lack of piecing together events that may signify a relationship with another women. So, to some men, having multiple idiots as girlfriends is desired.
By Ramyrez 2014-09-26 14:56:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Tikal said: »
You're not saying anything I don't know.

But knowing all those things, I still can't imagine being with a *** idiot just because she's hot. If she's an idiot, then what's the point in mating with her?

No, sorry. I get where you're coming from and I understand the biological influence, but I don't believe that's all there is to it.
Of course not, but it's a deciding factor that goes beyond consciousness, and explains why people make those choices within a pretty accurate spectrum.

Which is why I say I understand as a factor.

Just not the primary "worry" when meeting a woman for the first time.
 Cerberus.Tikal
Server: Cerberus
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2014-09-26 14:57:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I wasn't speaking to the conversation. Only supplying information to a question.
By Ramyrez 2014-09-26 14:58:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Tikal said: »
I wasn't speaking to the conversation. Only supplying information to a question.

Fair enough.
 Siren.Mosin
Server: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2014-09-26 14:59:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Fair enough.

that's how I end all conversations I have no interest in, in rl.

lol.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2014-09-26 15:00:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »

Lack of intelligence signifies lack of piecing together events that may signify a relationship with another women. So, to some men, having multiple idiots as girlfriends is desired.
I thought that was called hooking up?

Sounds like way too much work to me.
By Ramyrez 2014-09-26 15:01:26
Link | Quote | Reply

By Ramyrez 2014-09-26 15:04:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I thought that was called hooking up?

Sounds like way too much work to me.

I did have a friend who kind of did this in college, but he was 100% up front with women about things. He told them from the start, "we're just hooking up; this isn't a thing".

I figure once they've got the information it's their decision on how to deal with it. I still ragged on him to go to the health center frequently and get swabbed.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-09-26 15:06:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I never said it's right, I'm just saying what I seen guys look for in a women.
By Ramyrez 2014-09-26 15:08:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I never said it's right, I'm just saying what I seen guys look for in a women.

Oh, I know.

Really I just wanted half an excuse to use Lloyd Bridges for the second time this week. Maybe I'll watch Airplane tonight.
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Server: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-09-26 15:34:19
Link | Quote | Reply

These men are jerks cause other men lie to women in order to get laid.

Ramyrez is a self hating man.
Nah he's just married. Same with all the other men arguing over this nonsense. It's definitely a trend in these arguments.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2014-09-26 15:38:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Chaosx said: »

Nah he's just married. Same with all the other men arguing over this nonsense. It's definitely a trend in these arguments.
Another innacurate statement... I am by no means married.
By Ramyrez 2014-09-26 16:55:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I believe in treating people with dignity and compassion where applicable, Nausi.

I don't hate men. I hate a society that puts a girl in a position where she thinks she has to lie to get a man. You know her punishment for that lie, Nausi?

She ends up meeting a man like you.

And that's more punishment than any woman deserves.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-09-26 16:56:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Women never lie to get a man.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2014-09-26 17:30:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Idk why Ramy over there is turning this into a huge humanitarian effort now but yeah...

I just wasn't aware we had such delicate little flowers on AH... These sensitive guys on here can't take a lie without feeling like they've just been destroyed inside... Heres a tissue guys... you go yell at all the women you like cuz it makes you feel better about yourselves cuz women are just so evil and mean to us poor men.

Real men are totally whiny little *** who strike out at anyone who does something they don't like!
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-09-26 17:51:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I just wasn't aware we had such delicate little flowers on AH... These sensitive girls on here can't take a lie without feeling like they've just been destroyed inside... Heres a tissue girls... you go yell at all the men you like cuz it makes you feel better about yourselves cuz men are just so evil and mean to us poor women.

Real women are totally whiny little *** who strike out at anyone who does something they don't like!
ftfy.
By Ramyrez 2014-09-26 18:06:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Idk why Ramy over there is turning this into a huge humanitarian effort now but yeah...

I just wasn't aware we had such delicate little flowers on AH... These sensitive guys on here can't take a lie without feeling like they've just been destroyed inside... Heres a tissue guys... you go yell at all the women you like cuz it makes you feel better about yourselves cuz women are just so evil and mean to us poor men.

Real men are totally whiny little *** who strike out at anyone who does something they don't like!

Because I'm apparently a misanthrope.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-09-26 18:26:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Moving on to other Huffington Post News:

Quote:
A former teacher at a Pennsylvania high school was sentenced Friday after pleading guilty to having sex with students.

Lauren Harrington-Cooper taught English at Wyoming Valley West High School in Plymouth, Pennsylvania.

She was initially charged with institutional sex assault of two students, ages 18 and 17, but ultimately pleaded guilty to charges of felony sexual contact. She also pleaded guilty to two felony counts of corruption of a minor for "sexually explicit conversations" and inappropriate sexual contact with two other boys, 17 and 16.

She was sentenced to nine to 23 months in prison, according to Citizen's Voice. In addition to prison time, she was ordered to register as a sex offender and is prohibited from working with with children. She resigned from her position at the school in January, and her teacher's license was suspended in August.

Harrington-Cooper was investigated late last year after parents of the 18-year-old found inappropriate text messages on their son's phone. When questioned by police, the victim said he'd begun a relationship with the 31-year-old teacher after she texted the teen's sister and said that the teenaged boy was "hot." He said he'd had intercourse with her twice, and that the teacher had performed oral sex on him three times.

The teacher was arrested in December 2013, but faced additional charges in January, when a 17-year-old victim came forward. That boy told police that Harrington-Cooper had performed oral sex on him in a car, and that they had began texting each other in November of that year.

But those were not the last allegations against the teacher to surface. The corruption of minor charges stemmed from incidents in which prosecutors said Harrington-Cooper engaged in inappropriate activity in a classroom, showing one victim her breasts, and engaging in inappropriate contact with the other.

According to Citizen's Voice:

While school officials maintained they had no evidence of inappropriate contact taking place at school, police allege... one instance in which she allegedly told a student, “All the candy you need is right here.”

Prosecutors said the woman abused her position of power as a teacher.

Harrington-Cooper said little in court Friday, the paper reports, instead submitting a statement in which she said she regretted her actions and the damage she had done to her victims.

“She has been diagnosed with some significant psychological issues of inadequacy,” the woman's lawyer, Joe D’Andrea said. “You would think that she’s a pretty, young girl, that she would feel good about herself. But her self-esteem issues have really troubled her all of her life, and she found comfort and solace in some people giving her attention, as wrong as it was.”

He also said that the case has strained his client's marriage and family life.
Lauren Harrington-Cooper, Former Pa. Teacher, Sentenced For Sex Abuse Of 4 Students
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Server: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2014-09-26 18:52:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I haven't ruled out the fact you may be a eunuch yet flav.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Server: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2014-09-26 19:06:54
Link | Quote | Reply

You know her punishment for that lie, Nausi?

Are you grandstanding for your wife who's standing behind you or something? C'mon dude, I literally spit out my beer reading this it made me laugh so hard.

Such a waste of good beer.
By Ramyrez 2014-09-26 19:10:56
Link | Quote | Reply

You know her punishment for that lie, Nausi?

Are you grandstanding for your wife who's standing behind you or something? C'mon dude, I literally spit out my beer reading this it made me laugh so hard.

Such a waste of good beer.

Yeah. Funny story about that.

She's probably more critical of the theoretical woman in this situation than I am. But she's also more critical of herself than I am too.

But no, to answer your question. She doesn't read what I post here.
 Cerberus.Stereo
By Cerberus.Stereo 2014-09-26 21:05:32
Link | Quote | Reply

@chaos: Was she at least hot? anyone got a pic?
I had some pretty hot female teachers back in highschool, wish they molested me into a sexual contract... my math teacher was a perfect 10!
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-09-26 21:31:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Stereo said: »
I had some pretty hot female teachers back in highschool, wish they molested me into a sexual contract... my math teacher was a perfect 10!
Only pic they show in the story:

Cerberus.Stereo
By Cerberus.Stereo 2014-09-26 21:33:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I suppose I would have wanted that back in highscool at the age of 16-17.
she's probably more attractive in real life.
lucky students
 Bahamut.Kara
Server: Bahamut
user: Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2014-09-27 01:35:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't understand why the guy was looking for a girlfriend online if his make or break requirement was "not fat."

That is an easily controlled for variable in real life.

Go talk to women outside the house and work place.
By Jetackuu 2014-09-27 01:42:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Just don't pick them up at a club;
Chris Rock said:
I feel sorry for the guys that gotta pick a wife out of this bunch. It's like, "Daddy, where'd you meet Mommy?" "Oh, she was singing about balls at a club. Skeet, skeet, skeet!"
By fonewear 2014-09-27 09:54:21
Link | Quote | Reply

If I want to be bored the rest of my life I'll get married too !
By fonewear 2014-09-27 09:55:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Stereo said: »
Only pic they show in the story:

She can teach me metaphors anytime...

YouTube Video Placeholder
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-09-27 12:37:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Odd, no outrage over the female teacher convicted of sexual assault on her males students.

I may have to watch the actual video and compare it to the reversed situation where they have a guy in fat suit doing the same thing.
First Page 2 3 ... 18 19 20 ... 56 57 58