Starting Run Any Advice?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Rune Fencer » starting Run any advice?
starting Run any advice?
 Shiva.Kenshinn
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: turtle59
By Shiva.Kenshinn 2014-05-10 11:52:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Returning to game and always though of lvling run but never got around to it was wandering if anyone can give me some must now pointers on it and some end game sets to start working to. Any and all info that people can give will help I would look it all up but I get confused with all the new gear and battlefeilds and so on. Also any sub job combos that work good while levling and what subs for endgame. Thanks for any advice given in advance.
 Asura.Melbufrauma
Server: Asura
By Asura.Melbufrauma 2014-05-10 12:04:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Not much in pointers I can think of to give you atm, but I can post my Gearswap, its one I custom made using Motes layout since he doesn't have a RUN GS yet.
http://pastebin.com/M5DAX4WL
By nightkidz 2014-05-10 12:44:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Well not sure how you plan to level-up, most grind to 30 then aby-burn to 99.

Anyway, as for end-game content, you will want /nin and /war imo. If blink tanking isn't viable, then /war is what I usually take to DD (/sam is good as well, just berserk and aggressor are very beneficial on these high level mobs).

On fights where shadows are keeping you alive, such as Stellar Falcrum, Tenzen, AA's. Sub nin with valiance/vallation are your bread and butter. With valiance up and merits in Inspiration you are giving yourself and your party members FC of +50-60%, which means they can basically recast shadows instantly and have recast timers around 5-7 seconds for both ichi and ni.(with haste/marches)

Not many utilize RUN in end game, going for a much more safe RNG strat, but it is nice to have the option to use melee's rather then pew pew'ing.
 Shiva.Kenshinn
Server: Shiva
user: turtle59
By Shiva.Kenshinn 2014-05-10 19:23:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I am not to worry about end game just a job I always wanted to play and lvl but never got around to it. I prob going to solo or maybe duo most of the gear I can get just depends on shouts and so forth. thanks for the gearswap will have to look up some of those items and all when I get time
 Bahamut.Soraishin
Server: Bahamut
user: Soraishin
By Bahamut.Soraishin 2014-05-10 21:02:37
Link | Quote | Reply

my advice is stick w/ 3 basic sets, -dt gear, dd gear, and MAB set
[+]