Gamings Toughest Challenge...according To Yahoo

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Chatterbox » Gamings Toughest Challenge...according to yahoo
Gamings Toughest Challenge...according to yahoo
First Page 2
 Fenrir.Mikedx
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: mikedx
By Fenrir.Mikedx 2009-08-01 18:31:06
Link | Quote | Reply

http://videogames.yahoo.com/events/plugged-in/mission-impossible-gaming-s-toughest-challenges/1338744
 Odin.Blazza
Server: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-08-01 18:31:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-08-01 18:38:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd put AV above PW. At least the current PW has been beaten, but with that whole 18 hour fight I can understand why it's listed.

I'm much more likely to solo PW than ever get through "Through the Fire and Flames" on expert in Guitar Hero though.
 Fenrir.Mikedx
By Fenrir.Mikedx 2009-08-01 18:55:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Seen, i consider the toughest challenge in video game history is beating battletoads with no cheats. that game was so brutal and never let up. I consider that one of my most proudest moments in my gaming history,when i finally beat it.
[+]
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2009-08-01 18:57:25
Link | Quote | Reply

I cant even beat "Through Fire and Flames" on Hard o.o
[+]
 Ragnarok.Rusko
Server: Ragnarok
user: Rusko
By Ragnarok.Rusko 2009-08-01 18:59:43
Link | Quote | Reply

ive done 3 of the 6 things on that list. as much as id like to say i beat pw i cant >.< and screw wow. Beat Tyson, Ghosts and Goblins, and Contra. ah nintendo was great wasnt it?
[+]
 Fenrir.Mikedx
By Fenrir.Mikedx 2009-08-01 19:04:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Whatever happen to the old nintendo games, when they would make games so hard, that when you beat them, you felt a sense of accomplishment.
[+]
 Pandemonium.Aravol
Server: Pandemonium
user: aravol
By Pandemonium.Aravol 2009-08-01 19:07:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Gaming accomplishments- For you old school gamers. remember Dragons Lair, Cliff Hanger. those first cartoon style games in early 80s?
I was in 2nd grade and i remember beating These 2 games, people would pay me to play and beat these games in arcade. I felt like a little stud..LOL
But Dude, Battletoads was a pain, i totally forgot about that one.
But beating the NES games was great, because back then you couldnt save your progress, u had to play straight through.
Like Contra, Ninja Gaiden, Bionic Commando, etc. THose were the golden days!
Haha.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Server: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2009-08-01 19:47:12
Link | Quote | Reply

8-bit Nintendo was definitely the best. I remember (forgot if it was 3rd or 4th grade) when I was the only one who could sit down and beat Super Mario Brothers 3 in one sitting. The kids in my neighborhood would gather together to watch me do that. This was before I even had Nintendo Power, lol.

I couldn't even beat Mike Tyson's Punch Out until about 7-8 years ago when I downloaded an NES emulator for the computer. Back then I could only get up to 2nd match with Bald Bull, lol. Even though with the emulators, you can save your progress at any time, beating Punch Out is no easy task. You can't just go in and fight Tyson right away. Definitely have to work you're way up to get the hang of the harder fights.

I was never into Contra or the other NES games they mentioned. I played FF1 and Destiny of an Emperor a lot. And I had the original Dragon's Liar, and boy that game was impossible to even play. The 2nd Zelda was pretty hard to beat too.

As for Guitar Hero, forget "Through the Fire and Flames." LOL! I was excited when I beat my friend's copy, forget which one it was, on easy mode. This was the one where you have to play against Lou the devil at the end. Took me a few days to beat Lou on Easy, lol.
 Garuda.Antipika
Server: Garuda
user: Antipika
By Garuda.Antipika 2009-08-01 19:53:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Survive "Through the Fire and Flames" -- Guitar Hero III, Expert

lol, I guess they never played IIDX @ Yahoo NA.

GH is inferior.
[+]
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-08-01 20:00:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I've seen some pretty *** good players at that game in the arcade, but that was insane O_o
 Garuda.Antipika
By Garuda.Antipika 2009-08-01 20:02:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Well DOLCE is one of the top 3 players in the planet so yeah :p Also unlike GH timing window is WAY smaller.
 Cerberus.Boundsoul
Server: Cerberus
user: Boundsoul
By Cerberus.Boundsoul 2009-08-03 05:55:47
Link | Quote | Reply

hardest game for me was Friday the 13th on NES. screw "through the fire and flames". i beat it on hard for shits and giggles, not gonna bother with expert. don't really care to, its a shitty song by a shitty band.
 Kujata.Minidark
Server: Kujata
user: Minidark
By Kujata.Minidark 2009-08-03 08:39:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Heh.. they totally left out beating gooniesII for nes. Game made mike tyson, contra, and any others look like cakewalk
 Valefor.Opia
Server: Valefor
user: Opia
By Valefor.Opia 2009-08-03 09:09:32
Link | Quote | Reply

wasn't tough, but Robo-warrior was a great NES game.
 Pandemonium.Aravol
Server: Pandemonium
user: aravol
By Pandemonium.Aravol 2009-08-03 09:51:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Bionic Commando and Ninja Gaiden were tough to beat.
I remember stayin up all night on multiple occasions trying to beat Bionic commando. I was young and didnt know how to get Continue option by getting the wings either. I got really good at it.

Many many hours untill i was able to beat Dragon's Lair at the arcade , i was a 2nd grader lol
 Ramuh.Sagittario
Server: Ramuh
user: Sagi
By Ramuh.Sagittario 2009-08-03 09:57:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Try catching the goddam Hylian Loach in Zelda OoT if you think the above is hard x_x
[+]
 Ifrit.Rikiyame
user: Rikiyame
By Ifrit.Rikiyame 2009-08-03 10:05:43
Link | Quote | Reply

"Any boss that makes us set our alarm clock is evil indeed."

As they have never camped ANY NM in FFXI.
[+]
 Cerberus.Sifridus
user: Sifridus
By Cerberus.Sifridus 2009-08-03 10:07:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Boundsoul said:
hardest game for me was Friday the 13th on NES.

That game STILL pisses me off. "Jason's Dead... or is he?!"
 Cerberus.Nieko
user: Nieko
By Cerberus.Nieko 2009-08-03 10:25:26
Link | Quote | Reply

U kno what shoulda made the list of hardass things to do? Levelling thru the dunes without dying. I dont think that ***is even possible.

But seriously, I used to be able to beat Tyson with no prob. Dont think I ever even attempted Contra without cheating, that game was a ***. Random-flashing-red-blocks-flying-through-the-air-outta-nowhere-when-there-wasnt-anything-on-the-screen-to-even-shoot-it-at-me.... /sigh And Battletoads was even worse....

Played WoW for like a month. Found it to be... HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE.

Through the Fire and Flames....*** that damn song. I played it on hard and had to pause the game like 2 times to rub the pain outta my forearm.
 Lakshmi.Wardens
Server: Lakshmi
user: Wardens
By Lakshmi.Wardens 2009-08-03 10:52:31
Link | Quote | Reply

i know you're all talking about classic games. i still think ninja gaiden: black on the hardest difficulty was a ***. granted they made a couple save points more conveniently placed than in the previous game.
 Fairy.Tbest
Server: Fairy
user: Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-08-03 10:57:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Sagittario said:
Try catching the goddam Hylian Loach in Zelda OoT if you think the above is hard x_x
Catching that was easy. lol
 Garuda.Antipika
By Garuda.Antipika 2009-08-03 12:11:54
Link | Quote | Reply

To be honest most of "old" games were easy compared to challenge that some game offers now (especially StG, rhythm games and puzzle).

I mean if you did nothing but play this game for like couple of months you would eventually complete it. Now you have game that require YEARS of training to be able to "clear" them with a good score. Yeah years. Nobody ever played Ninja Gaiden or lolZelda for years in order to complete something.

Puzzle (TGM) =>

Shooter =>

DDP :

Mushihime sama :

Rhythm =>

IIDX :

PnM (not the hardest song, but video is pretty nice still) :

For me toughest challenge = something that can only be cleared by a Super Player.
 Fairy.Ignignot
user: ignignot
By Fairy.Ignignot 2009-08-03 12:27:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I left my NES on for over a week when i was in probably 5th grade because you couldn't save or get passwords for Adventure Island.

I don't think I've ever finished the origianl TMNT on NES. Ninja Gaiden 3 can lick my taint. Milon's secret castle was hella fun but got crazy toward the end. I have a couple hundred NES games and I've probably only beat about 60% of em, the rest just made me have to buy new controllers after it met my wall or floor.
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2009-08-03 12:28:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Ive never heard of those games except for Tetris.
 Bahamut.Paulus
Server: Bahamut
user: Paulus
By Bahamut.Paulus 2009-08-03 12:31:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Hardest game for me is Battle of Olympus.
 Fairy.Ignignot
user: ignignot
By Fairy.Ignignot 2009-08-03 12:35:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Battle of Olympus and Destiny of an Emporer are 2 badass games that most ppl dont know about.
 Bahamut.Kosaka
Server: Bahamut
user:
By Bahamut.Kosaka 2009-08-03 12:42:56
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

On the PW thing yeah my friend who doesn't play the game mentioned it and asked me what it was. Then I explained to him AV and then showed the video to both. He said and I quote well "PW just seems to not want to die, but AV just decides ok I win." So I agree that the writer not playing the game is why that there.

Tyson was diffcult when I did it what was I then like 11 or so. So it is hard not really because of the diffculty but because of the game you are limited so you have to time your movements. In that same way Space invader was technically hard just to a bigger extent.

If I have to say the hardest game achievement would be beating Diago Mario and/or I want to be the guy with out using the youtube vids or any guides. That requires a level of comitment that I can not do. Beating that even with the guides with out dying and not using the emulator commands of slowing time, saving, or even pause is the single most amazing thing I can imagine seeing in person.

On back in the day games I would have to say karate man was the most evil game. To this day I can not figure out how I beat that game. I played it at disney quest about two years ago couldn't get pass the third match where the guy does a dragon kick. But mystical ninja holds a place near and dear to my heart.
 Unicorn.Excesspain
Server: Unicorn
By Unicorn.Excesspain 2009-08-03 12:56:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Mike Tyson's Punch Out, Battle of Olympus, Contra WITHOUT 30 lives code, and stupid Blaster Master!

I've never beat any of these (under these conditions) without Game Genie or something (Blaster Master I haven't tried in a long *** time).

Games seem easier now because the second most people get stuck on something they call up some walkthrough online to tell them what to do.
 Bismarck.Brotz
Server: Bismarck
user: Brotz
By Bismarck.Brotz 2009-08-03 12:59:47
Link | Quote | Reply

toughest game for me is Real Life cant seem to get any extra lives in that one and there is only one mega boss I cant beat "My Wife" >.<
[+]
First Page 2