Forum » Everything Else » Tech Support » New DSL modem issues, <help me out!>
New DSL modem issues, <help me out!>
 Phoenix.Sergee
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Sergee
By Phoenix.Sergee 2009-08-01 11:16:25
Link | Quote | Reply

I've been having trouble with my new DSL modem.. I get disconnected 1-2 minutes after logging into FFXI, I never had this problem with my old modem (also DSL). I play on PS2, but it only seems to make my FFXI connection fail and not my internet connection on both my desktop & laptop. I thought it might be my router, so I plugged my PS2 ethernet cord straight into the modem and it still does the same thing. I'm not too good with all of this stuff lol, maybe there's a setting that needs to be changed? I would really appreciate any ideas! :]

Old Modem: Westell Model 2200
Model: A90-220015-04

New Modem: Westell Model 6100G
Model: G90-610015-20
 Remora.Eireamhon
Server: Remora
user: Eireamhon
By Remora.Eireamhon 2009-08-01 12:22:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Try logging into the modem (MDM) without your router attached. I think the IP to do this is 192.168.100.1. Might be 192.168.1.1. Check and make sure the firewall for the MDM is off. I had the same problem with a Westell 6100F. I tried port forwarding the ports that SEI/POL tell you to use but it didn't work at all so I just turned the MDM firewall off. Works fine now.

Now depending who set up the MDM, there may be a password on the MDM itself. I forget what the default userID and password are but you can google them. ;)

If default userID and password don't work; just reset the MDM by using a pen or paper clip in the little hole in the back of the MDM. Hold it in for at least 30 seconds. This usually resets ALL the settings back to default.

GL.
 Phoenix.Sergee
Server: Phoenix
user: Sergee
By Phoenix.Sergee 2009-08-01 13:40:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I checked the modem firewall settings a little after I started getting disconnected from FFXI, but it was already set to off & allow all traffic. I have no idea what the issue is lol x_x;;
 Remora.Eireamhon
By Remora.Eireamhon 2009-08-01 14:46:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Does it happen with any other online games or just FFXI?

Also, the Westells are MDM/Routers. You may have to bridge it with your router, I did. My GF could get on wirelessly np but I couldn't do squat hardwired and even wireless I had issues so...
 Remora.Eireamhon
By Remora.Eireamhon 2009-08-01 16:18:31
Link | Quote | Reply

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r19984753-connectivity-Connecting-Playstation-2-To-Westell-2200

Try this link too...ALOT of stuff with issues in regards too the PS2 and Westell MDM/Routers.