Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Monk » Relic vs. empy
Relic vs. empy
 Shiva.Tedril
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Tedril
By Shiva.Tedril 2014-04-13 13:25:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Given how easy farming dynamis is and the annoyance of hmps for me either or is kinda the same. So what I'm looking for is some pros and cons of the owners themselves. Looking at dps spreadsheets only does so much. I know vere does better damage the more buffed you are and spharai does well in low buff as well as defensive capabilities. So I guess my specific questions is how much does spharai and vere beat oats and another delve options? And how big is the defensive help of spharai?
 Sylph.Peldin
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Peldin 2014-04-14 08:56:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Your questions are answered in the monk guide thread if you browse through the last several pages.

Short version: on paper, Vere is about 10% more damage than Oatixur. Spharai is about 5% more damage than Oatixur. The new delve weapon is about 1-2% behind Spharai.

My experience: I have 119 Vere. I have a LS mate with 119 Spharai. Other monks in the LS have Oatixur. Theoretically I should be top on the parse, but it's not always the case. There are times when I don't top the parse due to the variety of factors that play a much bigger difference than my weapon; IE - buffs wearing, debuffs being applied/removed, getting stunned, being accuracy capped....

The defensive help from Spharai is based on the relevance of countering. Some bosses have aoe or conal attacks which you cannot counter. Oatixur has PDT on it, which will actually make it a better defensive weapon than anything else in most event situations.

If you want something to separate you from bandwagon monks, then I honestly think the biggest factor is what weapon you think looks the coolest or will make you the most proud. You're not going to see much of a difference either way.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Ninjaface
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Ninjaface
By Quetzalcoatl.Ninjaface 2014-04-14 10:39:29
Link | Quote | Reply

the way i understand the difference as presented in iipunch, it is a matter of optimal situations. If you are optimally buffed and have good CD management and a well tweaked gearset for your every situation, vere will come out on top, but for the average player, Spharai will come out on top because it is more consistent. And no one is really going to reject a MNK with oats just because they aren't r/e/m.

This is really just a condensed form of the above post.
 Lakshmi.Solidous
Server: Lakshmi
user: admx9
By Lakshmi.Solidous 2014-04-14 10:53:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Spharai will not dissapoint.
[+]
 Sylph.Safiyyah
Server: Sylph
user: Safiyyah
By Sylph.Safiyyah 2014-04-14 11:21:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Vere 119 are awesome but the effort:reward is really skewed against them at the moment. Current prices on Sylph you are looking at 300 million gil to hit 119. Spharai are about 120m. So if I were thinking about Vere I'd do Glanzfaust instead. It's got the highest dps potential of all options, and I think they look amazing. You'll put in more effort for the assaults/NI/Ein, but (current Sylph prices) these are cheaper to make than Vere 119.

You can't go wrong with any of these options, of course :)
 Shiva.Tedril
Server: Shiva
user: Tedril
By Shiva.Tedril 2014-04-14 11:40:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for the great input! I wish I had made a 99 vere back when there were more HMPs in circulation and were cheaper. Not going to make a glanzfaust is i make a mythic I will make burtgang or ryu for sure.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [66 days between previous and next post]
By cervelo84 2014-06-19 19:35:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I love my vere

Crit gear actually useful
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [136 days between previous and next post]
 Bismarck.Zagarikano
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Zagarikano 2014-11-02 11:35:58
Link | Quote | Reply

The gil difference should help you decide which one is worth making.
Right now the current prices on bismarck for these is as follows.

Spharai: 87,600,000. 87mil to get it to level 119. that includes level 99 arch dynamis items and ilevel119 items.

Vere: 301,200,000. 301 Mil to get it to level 119. Compare that difference alone and tell me if vere different difference is worth the extra 220 something mil. Remember, you can also use victory smite on Spharai now.

Glanzfaust: 247,500,000. 247 mil plus a ***load of quests you have to complete, which might not be soloable like the other ones, like einherjar tier 3 for example. It can be at a slower rate.

Personally do the difference in gil. I would get a pet only mythic, a harp only rift cinder empyrean, otherwise I would go a rift dross weapon. Relics for everything else because they are so dirt cheap. I have 1500 plates, but when return to FF11, I will probably sell them for the spharai 119 instead. I main monk as well. Before Shinjin Spiral came out and before you could unlock Victory smite on other weapons... the empyrean and WOE steamrolled other weapons cause of the burst damage the weaponskill itself did.It was an exclusive weaponskill at the time. Same with Kannagi and Ukon. But that is thrown out of the window now.

Also, if you get the Spharai, you will have access to every weaponskill in the game since you will have Final Heaven as well for completion purposes. But I heard the mythic is the strongest of the 3 currently. My love for empyrean has run out after Abyssea.
By Blazed1979 2014-11-02 17:01:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Tins outperform spharai/vere i119 from my experience.
Glaz destroy everything.. always, its not even close.(sam being the exception)
48% went to last mythic mnk I did tojil with, with me as 2nd at 31% with my Tins. Only other weapon/jobs I see get that far ahead are Koga/tsumaru sams.

(Oh Conqueror how disappoint am I)
By Pantafernando 2014-11-02 17:06:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Izhikoh vs mandau, thoughts?
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2014-11-02 17:58:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
Izhikoh vs mandau, thoughts?

Mandau is still slightly higher DPS for mainhand, for offhand, izhikoh for sure.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Xenhas
Server: Carbuncle
user: Xenhas
By Carbuncle.Xenhas 2014-11-02 19:06:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Blazed1979 said: »

Conq is pretty much untouchable with 2hrs
By Blazed1979 2014-11-02 20:47:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Xenhas said: »
Blazed1979 said: »

Conq is pretty much untouchable with 2hrs
WAR is untouchable with 2hrs/1hrs with pretty much any i119 weapon (GA or GS).