Forum » FFXI » Servers » Bahamut » Rajas Ring {Can I have it?}
Rajas Ring {Can I have it?}
 Bahamut.Fyyvoaa
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Fyyvoaa
By Bahamut.Fyyvoaa 2009-07-29 09:19:52
Link | Quote | Reply

OK so my dilemma is I am stuck on CoP 8-3 (Yeah yeah.... close to end)

But I have NOT seen any /shout for it nor have I had any luck with getting people to help.

I really want to finish up and get my ring, but it's looking more and more like I am going to be stuck on this mission for a while since I think either most of the people I ever see A) Already have their ring and don't want to help or B) I would have to wait 6-12 months for other people to get to that mission.

I am just hoping to find a group of people that will not mind helping me through these last two Missions so I can get my ring.

Already did the tower climb for the mission so I just need to get to the fight.

Please if you wouldn't mind helping me please either send me a PM on site or send me a /tell in game, I am most always on unless I am eating.
 Garuda.Aurilius
Server: Garuda
user: Aurilius
By Garuda.Aurilius 2009-07-29 09:33:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Shame we're not on the same server. I'm stuck on 8-3 as well. Two people in my static went off on each other and there was a fallout.

Sucks doesn't it?
 Bahamut.Fyyvoaa
By Bahamut.Fyyvoaa 2009-07-29 09:36:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Switch serv..... oh right ...

:(

I saw some /shouts for it like a week ago, got to 3/6 noone else so broke pt.

I'm supposedly in a CoP static, but they are starting from beginning x.x
 Siren.Kuz
Server: Siren
user: RobKuz
By Siren.Kuz 2009-07-29 09:52:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Have you tried asking your LS Mates?

When I stalled out on CoP 8-2... I had like 3 or 4 LS Mates one weekend say "F'THIS!!! you're getting it done NOW"
Took a matter of hours for us to just breeze through the rest.

Those last couple of fights are a cake-walk.
Hardest part is finding people who have the time :(

and being that all you need is 5 other people to do a BC fight with you, I don't see any reason why your LS couldn't take 10 mins out of their day and do it... that is... unless they aren't up to that mission either :(
 Odin.Blazza
Server: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-07-29 10:02:56
Link | Quote | Reply

The pot fight is kinda hard, but all I can think is that you're either not really trying to get help, or people just don't like you very much. The last fight is one of the best in the game, and certainly the best battlefield. Most people I know would be more than happy to help out with pots for a chance to do the final fight again.
 Asura.Eeek
Server: Asura
user: Eeek
By Asura.Eeek 2009-07-29 10:04:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Take some initiative. Do research on the fight until you know it inside and out. Learn how to get there and what kind of party set-up you need (or what you can get away with). Once you've done all that, start /shouting in Whitegate and setup a party for the fight (you have a great job for this fight!). You're probably going to fail a few times to get a full party together, but that's OK. Keep trying. If you wait for your LS mates or random people on FFXIAH to do this for you, you'll be waiting a long-*** time to get your Rajas...if you even get one at all.

CoP is pretty much smooth sailing after you complete 8-3. 8-4 isn't a guaranteed win, but the fight location is pretty cool. You'll find people volunteering just so they can enter that BC again. I know I have when I'm bored and see a /shout for 8-4.
 Bahamut.Fyyvoaa
By Bahamut.Fyyvoaa 2009-07-29 10:05:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Kuz said:
Have you tried asking your LS Mates?

When I stalled out on CoP 8-2... I had like 3 or 4 LS Mates one weekend say "F'THIS!!! you're getting it done NOW"
Took a matter of hours for us to just breeze through the rest.

Those last couple of fights are a cake-walk.
Hardest part is finding people who have the time :(

and being that all you need is 5 other people to do a BC fight with you, I don't see any reason why your LS couldn't take 10 mins out of their day and do it... that is... unless they aren't up to that mission either :(

Most of my social ls isn't even at Sea, and my EG ls I've asked a few times and just completely ignored.

I don't know about if anyone doesn't "like" me, I'm sure I have people that I have pissed off and they don't want to associate with me, but I can't see that list being that big since I normally am pretty quiet and nice.
 Bahamut.Fyyvoaa
By Bahamut.Fyyvoaa 2009-07-29 10:08:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Eeek said:
Take some initiative. Do research on the fight until you know it inside and out. Learn how to get there and what kind of party set-up you need (or what you can get away with). Once you've done all that, start /shouting in Whitegate and setup a party for the fight (you have a great job for this fight!). You're probably going to fail a few times to get a full party together, but that's OK. Keep trying. If you wait for your LS mates or random people on FFXIAH to do this for you, you'll be waiting a long-*** time to get your Rajas...if you even get one at all.

CoP is pretty much smooth sailing after you complete 8-3. 8-4 isn't a guaranteed win, but the fight location is pretty cool. You'll find people volunteering just so they can enter that BC again. I know I have when I'm bored and see a /shout for 8-4.

I'm assuming (and hoping) you are talking BLM aye?

I have been researching, I'm sure once I finish up SAM I will get aggresive and start shouting in whitegate to get it done.
 Asura.Eeek
Server: Asura
user: Eeek
By Asura.Eeek 2009-07-29 10:13:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Fyyvoaa said:
Eeek said:

I'm assuming (and hoping) you are talking BLM aye?

I have been researching, I'm sure once I finish up SAM I will get aggresive and start shouting in whitegate to get it done.

Yeah. BLM is great for 8-3.
 Lakshmi.Priestsan
Server: Lakshmi
user: Priestsan
By Lakshmi.Priestsan 2009-07-29 10:29:06
Link | Quote | Reply

me and a couple LS mates just finished up this missiona couple days ago. 1/3 (due to dumb errors on my part) but we did it with only 4 people too so that could contribute a lil to the loses. Went in sam (me) rng (gf) sch, blm. ES sleepga pots, sekkanoki and make a frag SC on a blm pot. Sch and blm nuke (bust2, thunder4) dead pot. next blm pot yukki > sidewinder for a frag sc again more MBs another dead pot. rinse and repeat
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-07-29 10:29:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Almost essential.
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-07-29 10:31:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Priestsan said:
me and a couple LS mates just finished up this missiona couple days ago. 1/3 (due to dumb errors on my part) but we did it with only 4 people too so that could contribute a lil to the loses. Went in sam (me) rng (gf) sch, blm. ES sleepga pots, sekkanoki and make a frag SC on a blm pot. Sch and blm nuke (bust2, thunder4) dead pot. next blm pot yukki > sidewinder for a frag sc again more MBs another dead pot. rinse and repeat

^ this.

Sleepga is essential, and killing them fast is just essential imo. SC to MB is a great way to accomplish this, but takes something that must be considered as skill in this day and age, considering the amount of people that can't SC and MB to save themselves. Props on doing this with 4 people, it's a tricky fight.
 Odin.Aramina
user: Darkmoose
By Odin.Aramina 2009-07-29 11:04:46
Link | Quote | Reply

This fight is easy as all hell if you have some BLM friends. It won't take them much time and they snag a cheap 1k EXP/LP from it, too.

Setup:

4 x BLM/WHM (Need reraise)
1 x WHM/BLM (Need ES + Sleepga)
1 x Anything

Enter... full buffs and rest to full, including Reraise for everyone.

YOU NEED A SLEEPGA ORDER ESTABLISHED!!!

(pretty sure Stun doesn't work on the pots if I recall, but stun order should be good, too).

The WHM/BLM is the 5th Sleepga in the order, but it's unlikely that you'll need it with 4 BLMs. You CAN NOT land sleepga on the pots without Elemental Seal.

Thing to remember is that there are only 4 pots and you have 30 minutes. Even if you only clear 2, as long as people are fighting in the right place, you reraise, rebuff, rest to full, and finish it off.

For whatever reason, the pots never seem to fire the first round with a big spell, always something like a tier 1 nuke or Frost/burn, etc.

Because of this, I usually would volunteer to run across the room first to group them up so Sleepga II will hit them all.

Typically you are most of the way across the room before they get close enough to sleep them all. As soon as Sleepga lands, everyone else needs to get to the far wall of the room.

BLMs will Time-nuke Tier 4 on one of the BLM pots, then repeat. 2 volleys should kill it. They should already be working on second BLM pot when they wake, so 2nd person in sleepga order needs to be ready to resleep and not worrying about nuking. It's the same deal as a standard stun order. If you're up next, that's your primary focus, not nuking.

Make sure BLMs are using Aspir as much as possible, since it helps a lot in keeping things going.

As long as you finish the BLM pots in the first round and no one dies out in the middle of the room, you are home free.

I've done this with 3 BLMs, BRD (Ballads were nice), WHM, and Other and it required a wipe after 3 pots, but we still managed it easily. Done it with a COR, too, and the extra MP flow was nice to have.

You don't really need a WHM, but I know that when I've been there for it on WHM, I spent a ton of MP healing people, so I wasn't slacking or dead weight.

With 4 BLMs you will most likely not need to wipe.

Anyway, even with 3 BLMs and 3 "whatever" people, you can probably still pull it off, but it might require 2 wipes. There is enough time to do that, but not enough for 3 wipes. Also, if you have someone going like Ninja, make them NIN/BLM if they can. As long as they have Elemental Seal and Sleepga (BLM 31), they can still land it on the pots. I had a COR/BLM as a backup once and he landed it fine.

Hope this helps. I know it can be a frustrating fight, and the first time I did it was NIN, THF, MNK, SAM, WHM, BLM and we beat it without wiping, but it was crazy hard like that and required most of us to use 2-hours.

Anyway, if you can get some BLMs to go help, it's easy easy easy.
By Odin.Dirtyfinger 2009-07-29 11:18:01
Link | Quote | Reply

We did it with 2 puppet masters, all they did when we got into the room was use their highest tiered spell and deactivate asap as the pet would lose the hate, rinse and repeat until all 4 are dead.
Of course finding 2x pup isn't an easy task but we managed to do it, anyway i wish you luck ^^
 Unicorn.Excesspain
Server: Unicorn
By Unicorn.Excesspain 2009-07-29 11:27:40
Link | Quote | Reply

MNK MNK MNK!

I did this with NIN, MNK, MNK, SAM, BLM, WHM.

Got in, NIN dc'd, 5 min later he is back. BLM eff'd up sleepga we wiped another 10 min down the drain waiting for them to reset and RR/Unweak. Once ready, we finished it with 5 min left. Was not a hard fight at all since the pots are weak to blunt (or at least I think they are). For shits and giggles we went to Promathia right after.

WHM keeps Prishe alive, Prishe basically solo'd the whole thing. Got my Rajas that night!
 Odin.Aramina
user: Darkmoose
By Odin.Aramina 2009-07-29 14:45:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Excesspain said:

WHM keeps Prishe alive, Prishe basically solo'd the whole thing. Got my Rajas that night!

8-4 is fun also, and one of my favorite battlefields in the game. ToAU 22 against Khimaira 13 is scenic, too.

Had second form of Promathia down to 30% with only RDM and WHM, but RDM died stupidly near beginning of 2nd form and the angel-like guy (Seul'teus or w/e) died because you can't heal him.

Anyway, back to more pot defeat strats...
 Bahamut.Ddevil
user: dDevil348
By Bahamut.Ddevil 2009-08-15 03:01:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Dirtyfinger said:
We did it with 2 puppet masters, all they did when we got into the room was use their highest tiered spell and deactivate asap as the pet would lose the hate, rinse and repeat until all 4 are dead.
Of course finding 2x pup isn't an easy task but we managed to do it, anyway i wish you luck ^^

My group had 1 pup solo the whole thing for us this way.