Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2014-04-02 09:32:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Handbell looks shiny :D

Better be iLvl
Better have Luopan Regen+
Better have Luopan Damage Taken-%
Better have AT LEAST equal Handbell Skill to Filae, if not, 2-5 more (+17-20 Handbell).
Bonus points if this adds Conserve MP, Refresh, or Geomancy Skill (Totally dreaming here, probably wouldn't add refresh in an instrument slot either)
*DOUBLE BONUS POINTS If this further extends Indicolure duration & distance/Luopan aura distance*

I'm being unreasonable, I know. But GEO needs a buff nonetheless.

SOURCE
 Bismarck.Hsieh
Server: Bismarck
user: Hsieh
By Bismarck.Hsieh 2014-04-02 09:44:54
Link | Quote | Reply

It would be ridiculous if it allowed you to cast two luopans.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2014-04-02 09:56:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Would totally welcome this change, though im not sure this would ever be implemented. One could use Bolster > Widened Compass and have two huge bubbles with extremely potent buffs/debuffs.

Then there's the question when you use Life Cycle or Dematerialize, which luopan would those abilities buff? One or both?

Too many questions that they can just say "no" to. I would love it if Widened compass extended GEO buffs for like 15', and the normal distance was something like 10'.

But yes, ridiculous indeed ^^
By Presidentmerman 2014-04-04 12:14:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Wonder why there's a club for geo as well.
http://game.watch.impress.co.jp/docs/news/20140403_641936.html
By Fallfromgrace 2014-04-04 12:26:24
Link | Quote | Reply

It's the GEO mythic club.
By Presidentmerman 2014-04-04 13:14:59
Link | Quote | Reply

So they get a bell and club "mythic"?
By Fallfromgrace 2014-04-04 13:28:54
Link | Quote | Reply

The bell appears to be GEO's JSE coming in April. The club is listed as their mythic coming in May.
 Phoenix.Brixy
Guide Maker
Server: Phoenix
user: Brixy
By Phoenix.Brixy 2014-04-04 13:50:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Will probably use Filiae bell as part of the synth and make a 119 version of it. Wouldn't expect anything useful on it since SE has no interest in fixing geomancer anytime soon.
What I would like to see: MP+80 handbell skill +30, enhances Dematerialize effect. Luopan: Damage taken -10%, Regen +5.
What we will get: mp +60, handbell skill +20
 Bismarck.Hsieh
By Bismarck.Hsieh 2014-04-04 14:16:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Brixy said: »
Will probably use Filiae bell as part of the synth and make a 119 version of it. Wouldn't expect anything useful on it since SE has no interest in fixing geomancer anytime soon.
What I would like to see: MP+80 handbell skill +30, enhances Dematerialize effect. Luopan: Damage taken -10%, Regen +5.
What we will get: mp +60, handbell skill +20
I doubt it will be a synth with a R/E item.
 Phoenix.Brixy
Guide Maker
Server: Phoenix
user: Brixy
By Phoenix.Brixy 2014-04-04 14:18:41
Link | Quote | Reply

It is crafted by a npc the same way the af and relic 109/119 is. Why would R/E item be a problem?
 Bismarck.Hsieh
By Bismarck.Hsieh 2014-04-04 14:22:18
Link | Quote | Reply

It is crafted by a npc the same way the af and relic 109/119 is. Why would R/E item be a problem?
Synthesis and Quest Rewards are two different things. When you said synthesis, I thought you were suggesting a required craft or synergy.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2014-04-04 15:44:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Will probably use Filiae bell as part of the synth and make a 119 version of it. Wouldn't expect anything useful on it since SE has no interest in fixing geomancer anytime soon. What I would like to see: MP+80 handbell skill +30, enhances Dematerialize effect. Luopan: Damage taken -10%, Regen +5. What we will get: mp +60, handbell skill +20

There's no way they could mess up 119 bell THIS bad. Should AT THE VERY LEAST increase colure distance and Indi duration, or allow us to cast Indi spells on different party members. Anything less than 30 Handbell skill (which may or may not take us into a new tier for spells) and -10% DT on Luopan is absolutely worthless.

Quote:
The bell appears to be GEO's JSE coming in April. The club is listed as their mythic coming in May.

Translation for the bolded please. I really want to see exactly what is said, and where/when this was posted.

NVM used google translate. Knowing SE, this will probably include something ridiculously lengthy to fulfill.
 Odin.Boleslaus
Server: Odin
user: boleslaus
By Odin.Boleslaus 2014-04-04 15:46:16
Link | Quote | Reply

it says adding mythic equivalent for rune and geo in the post so assuming they r adding it in update
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2014-04-04 15:47:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Google translate below the pictures says: New weapons and magical swordsman Feng mechanic (Mythic Weapon equivalent)
 Odin.Boleslaus
Server: Odin
user: boleslaus
By Odin.Boleslaus 2014-04-04 15:48:48
Link | Quote | Reply

and knowing SE the jse weapons that will be 119 will have to do with the af weapons that were garbage since their release. because there is only 2 battlefields being added this update that has been released and i doubt all the weapons will be coming from them
By Presidentmerman 2014-04-04 15:49:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Would love something besides the merits given for Dematerialize,some stuff just sucks to stay in area effect range even with PDT/MDT sets.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2014-04-04 15:54:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Thats the problem: why the fck is Dematerialize 10minutes? its so lame. 3min recast timer, and meritting it should give the Luopan a strong Regen effect (+50/tick), make it only last like 45s-1min. For as much of a beatnig these bubbles take, One could hardly say that is an unreasonable request.
By Presidentmerman 2014-04-04 16:13:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorry if I derailed thread but id definitely play GEO way more then I usually do if Dematerialize had a way lower recast at the least.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2014-04-08 07:57:01
Link | Quote | Reply

AAAAAAANNNNNNNNDDDDDD for all of our expectations and fan suggestions, this is our new bell:

I was merely skimming through the chat log of Oboro when i looked at incredients for this. It appears to be Delve claw from the lion, 150 rift/beit/plutons, and some other misc items (someone can clarify specifics).

At current prices, this bell does not even begin to warrant the exorbitant pricetag of the ingredients (and possibly still will be overpriced when market is flooded with claws).

I'd say to my fellow GEOs, if you got the casha nd have nothing better to purchase, this is an upgrade to our current bell. If you happen to farm your own claw, then you're golden.

There are other jobs that got WAY BETTER upgrades this update, so as of right now, I'l not even looking I Dunno about "Dunna"
 Bahamut.Malothar
Server: Bahamut
user: Malithar
By Bahamut.Malothar 2014-04-09 16:31:05
Link | Quote | Reply

It really depends on how you look at it. This is now the best bell available to Geo, only by 3 skill and -5% DT, but that's still better than anything else available.

Compare that to the JSE that every other job got, and none of those items really come out as the best available to them. Not that they're not useful side grades or fill a niche roll, such as Whm's new best DD club, or Smn's new -perp +pet haste staff. But none of them are the end all be all of their respective slot. The bell is.

Also, it takes a pelt, not a claw. Other ingredients are a Star Sapphire and an Imperial Wootz Ingot.
By Presidentmerman 2014-04-09 17:36:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I made it just cause gil is to easy to come by now but that's me and my personal preference.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2014-04-10 10:47:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Pelt - sorry.

Im actually hanging this job up. Its the best available bell, but let's be honest - there are only 3 BELLS, one of which is the starter bell which doesn't even count.

I guess I was hoping this bell would kind of improve the current state of GEO...more than it does right now. 5% still isn't going to help the Luopan stay alive for more than 2 AOE moves from higher content. Its really just silly and frustrating, but you are correct in that perspective is important.

I have just decided that until this job get a major overhaul in the pet survivability department, I'm not investing any more time or money into it. Its fun to play, but its kind of frustrating at the same time.
 Bahamut.Malothar
Server: Bahamut
user: Malithar
By Bahamut.Malothar 2014-04-11 06:05:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Feel you on the frustration of the survivability of the luopans, but I don't think it'll be fixed anytime soon. A month or so ago, they responded to requests for improving Geo's ability in party setups and improving the durability of luopans. There only real comments were "but bubbles can't be dispelled!" and that they have no plans to review or adjust luopans in the near future. They will continue releasing equipment that increases it's durability though...

Gear is the worst fix IMO. I prefer playing Geo to Brd because Brd is just sing, backup cure, haste, stand there and look pretty, or swap parties if you're doing ally content. But Geo just feels more active with it's ability to nuke, pretty effectively on anything less than VD BCs when geared well. Gonna suck when/if there's ever enough -DT gear that you have to keep it on full time, instead of your casting gear, just to have the luopan survive a few AoEs.