Forum » FFXI » Servers » Cerberus » [Cerberus] Provenance Watcher Clear
[Cerberus] Provenance Watcher Clear
 Cerberus.Avalon
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: KupoNuts
By Cerberus.Avalon 2014-03-24 16:55:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Update: 3 Caturae + Provenance Watcher Event will be on April 5th, 2014 at 3:00PM CST (right after the usual Divine Might II run). Those in the DM II run who want to participate in the PW BC can just stay in the alliance until we're ready.

----------------

Hey guys,

I'm going to be organizing a Provenance Watcher event here soon (not to be confused with Pandemonium Warden) probably within a week or so. By comparison to other end-game BC's, this one isn't easily approachable without having first fulfilled the necessary prerequisites.

In order to participate, you must have the VW Jeuno II Path completed (White Stratum Abyssite). See the link for details on the Voidwatch questline.

Voidwatch Quests

For more information on the VWNM Paths and Categories, please refer to the following link.

Voidwatch Paths

And finally, here is the link for information regarding the Provenance Watcher BC KI requirements, battle data, drops and other things.

Provenance Watcher

I will be treating this BC the same as my DM II runs in that I'll be looking for skilled and geared players, particularly those who have previous experience with Provenance Watcher.

As with my DM II runs, if there is sufficient interest, I'll be looking to do Provenance Watcher runs regularly, or at least until regular participants get their Plenitas Virga and/or Sanus Ensis weapons.

PM me here or in-game if you're interested in participating. I don't have a date set yet but I'll probably be doing a /yell soon advertising the event.

Thanks.
 Cerberus.Conagh
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-03-24 17:12:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Wanion belt hmm...
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Starkzz
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2014-03-24 17:20:43
Link | Quote | Reply

why
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
user: anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2014-03-24 17:38:39
Link | Quote | Reply

because some people like to do content rather than *** on forums ?
[+]
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-03-24 18:19:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Anjisnu said: »

Anjisnu what exactly are you doing now?....

In all seriousness, he's organising an event, why would you bother coming here to question the reason.

If you are not contributing in some way (or being funny) please leave the forum. Lets not derail this one kthanks.

Avalon Carry on!
 Asura.Echandra
Server: Asura
user: Echandra
By Asura.Echandra 2014-03-24 18:51:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Conagh said: »

In all seriousness, he's organising an event, why would you bother coming here to question the reason.

If you are not contributing in some way (or being funny) please leave the forum. Lets not derail this one kthanks.

Avalon Carry on!

I think you quoted the wrong person! I wonder how old PW stands up to ilvl119 stuff. NOMORECRYSTALLOCK SO SAD!!
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Starkzz
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2014-03-24 18:51:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I just wanna know why, I didn't expect the rustling of jimmies. Thanks though.
 Cerberus.Neojuggernaut
By Cerberus.Neojuggernaut 2014-03-24 19:07:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Did PW for shits and giggles with 5 displacers and a party of 5. Went pretty good. If you asked me though, I'd argue it will never be soloable just due to his TP moves and the whole fetter thing. Perhaps duoable and definitely trioable by the right person/people!

EDIT: If this is solable, I'd put money on Tizona BLU only.
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-03-24 19:16:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Echandra said: »

Avalon Carry on!

I think you quoted the wrong person! I wonder how old PW stands up to ilvl119 stuff. NOMORECRYSTALLOCK SO SAD!!
Quoted his point, made a lol at Anjisnu, then stated my real point which simply re affirmed his :P

The Subtleties of the TRUE ENGLISH LANGUAGE!
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2014-03-24 19:52:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Neojuggernaut said: »
Did PW for shits and giggles with 5 displacers and a party of 5. Went pretty good. If you asked me though, I'd argue it will never be soloable just due to his TP moves and the whole fetter thing. Perhaps duoable and definitely trioable by the right person/people!

Don't encourage Draylo!
 Asura.Echandra
Server: Asura
user: Echandra
By Asura.Echandra 2014-03-24 19:54:26
Link | Quote | Reply

this is a ffxi forum. subtle is lost here. that would be interesting to see a solo, but displacers kind of undermines that. Maybe I should make a group on asura just for the hell of it. Then again...Dho Gates is looking...nope. still boring.
 Cerberus.Avalon
By Cerberus.Avalon 2014-03-25 08:40:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Wanion belt hmm...

:D

You went with 5? Nice, what was your set-up? :o
 Cerberus.Spirachub
user: Spiraboo
By Cerberus.Spirachub 2014-03-25 08:47:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Avalon said: »

5 displacers - unless you are thinking of forking out 100k each run it's prolly not going to be of much use to you. lol

PW is very easy now even without as long as you can get a decent sch to stun his TP moves.
 Cerberus.Avalon
By Cerberus.Avalon 2014-03-25 09:15:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Spirachub said: »

5 displacers - unless you are thinking of forking out 100k each run it's prolly not going to be of much use to you. lol

PW is very easy now even without as long as you can get a decent sch to stun his TP moves.

I was actually curious about the 5 jobs he brought, but now that you mention it, how weak do the displacers actually make Provenance Watcher? Depending on the jobs and/or if we low-manned it, I'd probably bring some.
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2014-03-25 09:39:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I was actually curious about the 5 jobs he brought, but now that you mention it, how weak do the displacers actually make Provenance Watcher? Depending on the jobs and/or if we low-manned it, I'd probably bring some.
If I remember rightly, it was Neo on stun SCH, we had a mule WHM and then 3 of us on DD.
 Cerberus.Neojuggernaut
By Cerberus.Neojuggernaut 2014-03-25 19:31:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Tidis said: »

If I remember rightly, it was Neo on stun SCH, we had a mule WHM and then 3 of us on DD.

I was RDM/BLM (I don't recommend chainspell stun since he lived around 3 minutes and will just increase his resistance), WHM/RDM, MNK/WAR, lolWAR/SAM, and THF for good ol' TH. I stunned all spells (or attempted!) and TP moves when I could. Also we had zero procs. I think the weakness move got off once but Mano lived through it. Used 5 displacers and don't care.
 Cerberus.Avalon
By Cerberus.Avalon 2014-03-26 12:45:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Tidis said: »

I was RDM/BLM (I don't recommend chainspell stun since he lived around 3 minutes and will just increase his resistance), WHM/RDM, MNK/WAR, lolWAR/SAM, and THF for good ol' TH. I stunned all spells (or attempted!) and TP moves when I could. Also we had zero procs. I think the weakness move got off once but Mano lived through it. Used 5 displacers and don't care.

Thanks for posting, Neo. I may low-man this event since it would seem that 18 ilevel players might be overkill. At the same time, I want to get procs and such for better drop chances.

Any idea about the difficulty with 0 displacers used?
 Cerberus.Spirachub
user: Spiraboo
By Cerberus.Spirachub 2014-03-26 12:58:32
Link | Quote | Reply

procs doesn't give you better drop chance in provenance (there is no red/blue/blah/blah alignment value in there), it's only there for staggering.
 Cerberus.Avalon
By Cerberus.Avalon 2014-03-26 13:01:17
Link | Quote | Reply

procs doesn't give you better drop chance in provenance (there is no red/blue/blah/blah alignment value in there), it's only there for staggering.

Well that's good to know then. :o
 Cerberus.Avalon
By Cerberus.Avalon 2014-03-27 08:37:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Alrighty folks,

I think April 5th is as good a day as any. That's 2 Saturdays from now, which should give folks plenty of time to ensure they're done with Jeuno II (including all CS's). I'm going to set the time for 3:00PM CST since I normally do DM II on Saturdays around 1:00PM-ish CST.

Also, although some folks will simply purchase their Provenance Watcher KI's, some folks will want to do the Caturae BC's for them (in addition to possibly getting their drops), so we'll be doing all 3 Cat BC's prior to PW.

Thanks guys, and I'm looking forward to the event!
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2014-03-27 09:15:08
Link | Quote | Reply

very easy 9man without displacers at i113, i'm sure you could do it with a party of 6 119s

MNK
MNK
BRD
WHM
SCH
SCH

or something like that

for what it's worth the 9man was

MNK
MNK
MNK
BRD
COR
WHM

SCH
SCH
BLM

i think it was actually pre-ilevel patch, was definitely using rigors
 Cerberus.Avalon
By Cerberus.Avalon 2014-03-27 09:22:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
very easy 9man without displacers at i113, i'm sure you could do it with a party of 6 119s

MNK
MNK
BRD
WHM
SCH
SCH

or something like that

for what it's worth the 9man was

MNK
MNK
MNK
BRD
COR
WHM

SCH
SCH
BLM

i think it was actually pre-ilevel patch, was definitely using rigors

Hey cool, thanks for sharing what your set up was. I'm not sure I'll do a 6-man since the idea behind this would be to get people their clears, but I also may not do a full 18-man unless a bunch of folks want to do it. But I appreciate you posting the jobs you used.
 Cerberus.Avalon
By Cerberus.Avalon 2014-04-04 09:13:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey folks,

This is just a reminder that today will be the last day to get caught up on your VW's before the PW event tomorrow. There are many CS's and running around in order to be qualified to participate. As such, we will not be waiting around for people to get their stuff done come go time.

Since we are doing the 3 Provenance Caturae for KI's, each person will need their own Kupofried Corundum for each BC.

Info on Kupofried Corundum's and Crystal Petrifacts

If you do not have a surplus of Corundum's in stock, you can trade 4 Crystal Petrifacts (you know, the thingies you've been relinquishing on all your Uptala runs) for a Kupofried Corundum. That will allow you to enter the Caturae BC's (1 Corundum per battle is required).

Check the above link for info.