PS2 Crash In Campaign.

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Tech Support » PS2 crash in Campaign.
PS2 crash in Campaign.
 Bismarck.Idevlboy
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: idevlboy
By Bismarck.Idevlboy 2009-07-27 11:12:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Since the last update I have been having issues in campaign where my screen will "go black" and I crash out of the game. I am currently playing on PS2 and have never had any problems with the game or the machine up until now. This only happens in campaign battle which is why i found it to be so odd. The number of people in the zone and my send/receive have no bearing on the issue since i have crashed in zones with 50+ people and NPCs and zones with no NPCs and only 5 people in the zone. Also when it happens i do not get dropped back in to POL with the standard crash messages. I have to reset the machine and log in from scratch.

The only reason i am posting this is because it just started happening after the last update. Has anyone else seen anything like this or is it time for me to move my game to PS3 since i dont have a laptop to play on currently? P.S. only reason i am not on PS3 now is because I use it to watch blueray movies while playing the game.
 Siren.Clinpachi
Server: Siren
user: Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2009-07-27 11:15:11
Link | Quote | Reply

There are a ton of broken things at this time, looks like maintenance in about an hour which will last for two.

Check after that, hopefully it resolves it.
 Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph
Server: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph 2009-07-27 11:15:51
Link | Quote | Reply

There was a semi-similar update patch a LONG time ago that caused crashes like you wouldn't believe, but was triggered by an action on PS2. It was triggered by bringing up the on screen keyboard (I used a controller to type for like 4 years on PS2 and 360...perfected that ***!). SE probably messed up again with something similar.

That being said, for the short period of time I had WotG for PS2, I recall crashing in campaign a few times. So...might just be that you were lucky before.
 Pandemonium.Aravol
Server: Pandemonium
user: aravol
By Pandemonium.Aravol 2009-07-27 11:17:27
Link | Quote | Reply

My PS2 only crashes during Campaign in Fort Karugo-Narugo. The other sites there is lag but i dont lag out.
But FKN i aweful lag and my screen blacks out there
 Valefor.Lilbusta
Server: Valefor
user:
By Valefor.Lilbusta 2009-07-27 11:21:47
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

I have a problem with one zone in the past and it just makes my PC freeze up when it tries to load the zone. If it's similar to that then you have a corrupt file. Do a file check just to make sure everything is good.
 Gilgamesh.Brineri
Server: Gilgamesh
user: Brineri
By Gilgamesh.Brineri 2009-07-27 11:44:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't play on PS2 anymore, but in the past I have had the black screen while fighting genbu twice in one fight and when I was fighting Jailer of Faith.
 Ragnarok.Kukukues
Server: Ragnarok
user: kukukues
By Ragnarok.Kukukues 2009-07-27 12:12:41
Link | Quote | Reply

yes i also have the same problem but only in fort kurango, other zones i'll just lag a bit little screen freeze but other then that no crash only in the fort
 Ragnarok.Kukukues
user: kukukues
By Ragnarok.Kukukues 2009-07-27 12:13:09
Link | Quote | Reply

and only where people pop out when you tele to the area, and when i have tags on lol
 Gilgamesh.Tallulah
Server: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Tallulah 2009-07-27 12:32:15
Link | Quote | Reply

happened to me for the first time (haven't campaigned a lot) in Fort K this morning. i remember this happening after an update in the past and figured that's what it was.
same old nonsense.
it only pissed me off cause i was 20-30mins into a campaign. /sigh.
 Ragnarok.Titox
user: Titox
By Ragnarok.Titox 2009-07-27 12:46:40
Link | Quote | Reply

well since update there are too many people + NPC armys....PS2 cannot take it most of the time since i play on PS2 and PC

my PS2 only had crash on Besieged and almost on a campaign because it were 4 npc army fighting together at the same time before the last update....now if i play on PS2 i will surely crash

PS2 is really outdated...cannot handle too much sadly ;;
 Lakshmi.Drekien
Server: Lakshmi
user: Drekien
By Lakshmi.Drekien 2009-07-27 12:48:00
Link | Quote | Reply

this ***happens to me all the time :( but i think its just my old old old PS2 bein lame.
 Carbuncle.Kyri
Server: Carbuncle
user: Kyri
By Carbuncle.Kyri 2009-07-27 12:48:48
Link | Quote | Reply

my laptops been crashing in cb forever now... i can only do it if i pull something away from the spamage of npc, players and brd/smn buffs. it really sucks
 Bismarck.Idevlboy
Server: Bismarck
user: idevlboy
By Bismarck.Idevlboy 2009-07-27 12:53:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Clinpachi said:
There are a ton of broken things at this time, looks like maintenance in about an hour which will last for two.

Check after that, hopefully it resolves it.

Gonna have to try again later tonight and see what happens. Thanks for the heads up.

Titox said:
well since update there are too many people + NPC armys....PS2 cannot take it most of the time since i play on PS2 and PC

I would agree with this but i dont even crash when doing LS events like Einherjar where you have 36 people and a ton of NPCs crammed into a small area. Only place it happens is campaign battle. It has happened in multiple zones too. Fort, Grauberg, and Glacier are the 3 main ones.

Tallulah said:
...it only pissed me off cause i was 20-30mins into a campaign. /sigh.

^^ This. Crap like this cant ever happen right when the battle starts.... Always has to wait until i have invested enough time in it to really piss me off.