users online
Forum » Windower » Support » //stna + //send + G-Series
//stna + //send + G-Series
 Leviathan.Draugo
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
By Leviathan.Draugo 2014-02-11 18:07:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Hello guys got a quick question, I do not use send, but I noticed this //stna feature and thought it would save me some button space for all 3 of my characters, so I guess this should be an easy one, but not sure of formatting.

In order to initiate a successful //stna I would need to alias one of the G-Keys to send a tell from my main tank to my healer to heal my 3rd support?

ex:
//tell sent from Draugo
alias g15_g1 input /tell casshern /stna okinawa?

p.s. obv. I have send turned on while attempting this
 Leviathan.Arcon
VIP
user: Zaphor
By Leviathan.Arcon 2014-02-12 03:03:56
Link | Quote | Reply

STNA works independently from Send, you won't need to use it to use STNA.

Unfortunately I'm not sure I understand your actual question. What do you want to do?
 Shiva.Nitroustaru
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Nitroustaru 2014-02-12 09:18:51
Link | Quote | Reply

well actually, stna requires send, i never got around to making it use the ipc messages itself. but, gkeys work on every character they're bound on when you press one.
if you have alias g15_g1 stna; set on all characters they would all trigger this. Which could be what you're looking to do. However there would be no way to have priority set to who to cast things on first.

If you just did: alias g15_g1 stna; on your support character then it would only trigger for your support character though. Also, as you can see these are not triggered by tells if you want to make another character use the stna command it's as simple as doing something like this:
alias g15_g1 send character2 stna;
but as i said, this is kind of pointless, as just creating the alias to use stna on that character would be a better way. Binder triggers the key press on every screen you have whether it's active or not.
[+]
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2014-02-12 11:45:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Thank you above! I think that will get me the result I am looking for.