Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Geomancer » AA question
AA question
By tennotsukai87 2014-02-10 22:22:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Just did an AA run and we had 2 geo's. I found Geo not so useful in there unless dematerialize was up. Any thoughts on this or should I go with a different job to def-down like drg?
By kenshynofshiva 2014-02-11 09:48:33
Link | Quote | Reply

DRG/nin works wonders when I did it on geo the luopan was getting owned I started to think just indi in range on me and cast the luopan out on range dd or casters/healers. Others found it not a issue but I was just burning mp maybe I need a better conserve mp set ...
 Cerberus.Avalon
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: KupoNuts
By Cerberus.Avalon 2014-02-11 10:07:14
Link | Quote | Reply

A GEO can be useful, particularly on BC's where magic damage is needed (ie; Stellar Fulcrum against Kam'lanaut's pets). There are some contributing factors though to a Luopan's survivabilty: Using Geomancer Mitaines for -10% Luopan PDT and having maxed Geomancy/Handbell skills. Of course the difficulty of the BC is also a factor, especially considering Great Wheel does massive damage on normal mode and above, so you'll be resummoning regardless.
By itchi508 2014-02-11 10:11:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Wouldn't bring geo at all to AA, DD/nin or rngs as the DD & whm + brd. Drg works well with angon but w/o a thf to control hate you are most likely spending your time on the floor unless you hold back dps in which it isn't worth being there in the 1st place.

Doing this on normal is fine since you can duo MR TT HM GK easily. Anything above you should re consider your options
 Cerberus.Avalon
By Cerberus.Avalon 2014-02-11 10:13:32
Link | Quote | Reply

itchi508 said: »
Wouldn't bring geo at all to AA, DD/nin or rngs as the DD & whm + brd. Drg works well with angon but w/o a thf to control hate you are most likely spending your time on the floor unless you hold back dps in which it isn't worth being there in the 1st place.

Doing this on normal is fine since you can duo MR TT HM GK easily.

Yeah, I've been experimenting with duo'ing myself. We duo'd Elvaan last night as BST + SMN, and it was fun. I've be giving Hume, Mithra and Galka a go soon as well. Taru is no problem solo, which is very cool too.
 Asura.Calatilla
Server: Asura
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2014-02-11 10:19:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Avalon said: »

Yeah, I've been experimenting with duo'ing myself. We duo'd Elvaan last night as BST + SMN, and it was fun. I've be giving Hume, Mithra and Galka a go soon as well. Taru is no problem solo, which is very cool too.
You duo`d Elvaan on normal? how well is the bst geared?
By itchi508 2014-02-11 10:20:33
Link | Quote | Reply

For normal: GK MR easily done pld + rng. TT duo rng. HM we did pld rng was easy but it was long fight as we didn't prep for Shadows, could have pld or rng /whm for diaga or just bring a 3rd to handle shadows. I haven't tried normal EV yet, i will prob trio it rng smn pld for safety.
By Pantafernando 2014-02-11 10:29:49
Link | Quote | Reply

For normal: GK MR easily done pld + rng. TT duo rng. HM we did pld rng was easy but it was long fight as we didn't prep for Shadows, could have pld or rng /whm for diaga or just bring a 3rd to handle shadows. I haven't tried normal EV yet, i will prob trio it rng smn pld for safety.

And what about a setup of blms for taru? How many would be necessary (if viable option) for normal/dificult?
 Cerberus.Avalon
By Cerberus.Avalon 2014-02-11 10:36:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »

And what about a setup of blms for taru? How many would be necessary (if viable option) for normal/dificult?

You could probably get it done with 2 BLM's, but you wouldn't have access to potent DOT and Regen as you would with SCH, which is what I solo Taru on. And depending on the circumstances, MP might be an issue as well, even with /RDM. Amon Drive could lead to cure bombs which would drain your pool of MP.
[+]
By itchi508 2014-02-11 10:37:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Haven't done it, i hear sch or blm solo easy no prob. So my assumption is 2x for Normal and 3x for Difficult.

I would sch brd blm. March ballad and regen V will make it easy to keep up shadows and if you happen to eat a Amon you wont need cures with a 70tic regen.
[+]
 Cerberus.Avalon
By Cerberus.Avalon 2014-02-11 10:57:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I didn't realize this post was in the Geomancer forum. Sorry if I was very off-topic! :o
By Spiraboo 2014-02-11 11:05:23
Link | Quote | Reply

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8dPftHCBrY

^--- Mischief soloed it on normal with sch. I guess the answer to your question is very much skill/gear based.
 Cerberus.Avalon
By Cerberus.Avalon 2014-02-11 11:15:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Spiraboo said: »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8dPftHCBrY

^--- Mischief soloed it on normal with sch. I guess the answer to your question is very much skill/gear based.

^^ He's been a huge source of inspiration.
By kenshynofshiva 2014-02-11 12:54:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Doing this on normal is fine since you can duo MR TT HM GK easily. Anything above you should re consider your options

Drg/nin can actually go all out when the mob turns you just high jump/soul jump and dump hate or super jump and shed 99% of your hate. Rinse and repeat using the 119 polearm it was easy as pie even keeping the wyvern up wasn't an issue for me...
 Asura.Kese
Server: Asura
user: buhusky34
By Asura.Kese 2014-02-11 13:29:09
Link | Quote | Reply

nivlakian would like to have a word with you sir
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Systematicchaos 2014-02-11 14:54:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Geo/Nin is pretty good at accuracy swings, +40acc and -40eva with indi-torpor and geo-precision to keep your mp cost low. Outside of that you'd be better of getting angon and the extra damage from drg imo. Drg doesn't put out much damage itself (speaking strictly Upukirex, not Ryunohige) because it has to recast shadows often in most fights, but it's decent. It also allows you to shed hate which is the main appeal. Overall though, I think it gets outdamaged by a DDgeared Pld, so just bring another one of those!
By MuerteFairyServer 2014-02-11 14:56:52
Link | Quote | Reply

voiceless said: »
Wouldn't bring geo at all to AA, DD/nin or rngs as the DD & whm + brd. Drg works well with angon but w/o a thf to control hate you are most likely spending your time on the floor unless you hold back dps in which it isn't worth being there in the 1st place. Doing this on normal is fine since you can duo MR TT HM GK easily.
So you can heal ur self 2000 after getting hit with that spirit within WS ? Without senitel scherzo -50%? Screen shot please i have -50% Damage taken gear and i have done normal today as pld/nin with capp'd DMT gear and evasion/magic evasion to the point where i evade 60% of the time and i still get hit for 2k sometimes (talking about ur alleged duo elvaan)
 Leviathan.Dwb
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Dwb 2014-02-11 15:01:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Easiest way I have found, and many others is doing the RNG method.

2 RNGs (with relic if possible)
1 WHM
1 BRD
1 PLD
1 Cor (or RNG)

If you have 2-3 relic RNGs hate will not be a problem. If you do NOT have relic rangers, make sure they use the piss out of Decoy Shoot, as well as NOT spamming WS's. I found if RNGs hold TP for only like 300ish, should not have a problem with hate.

This works on all but EV. EV is a little diffrent, RNGs need to be with in the Conal damage range to make sure PLD dosnt get 1-shotted. But RNG are squishy...

But thats just what myself and LS do. And seems to work :) GL!