Bushido - The Way Of The Samurai (A Guide) V. 2.0

Eorzea Time
 
 
 
Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Samurai » Bushido - The Way of The Samurai (A Guide) V. 2.0
Bushido - The Way of The Samurai (A Guide) V. 2.0
First Page 2 3 ... 136 137 138
 Asura.Bippin
Offline
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Gunit
Posts: 493
By Asura.Bippin 2021-06-01 14:57:19
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Shining One (Kaja Lance)

Edit: Ichigohitofuri would be a decent GKT to use when needed
 Asura.Samsonxiii
Offline
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Spook153
Posts: 9
By Asura.Samsonxiii 2021-06-01 15:25:23
Link | Quote | Reply
 
/confused lance is B+ vs A+ GKT
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Offline
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-06-01 15:29:23
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Asura.Samsonxiii said: »
/confused lance is B+ vs A+ GKT

The difference in skill is not very significant, given how powerful Kaja Lance/Shining One (and easier to obtain) is.
 Asura.Samsonxiii
Offline
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Spook153
Posts: 9
By Asura.Samsonxiii 2021-06-01 16:13:09
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Thank you
 Asura.Aldolol
Offline
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Aldolol
Posts: 75
By Asura.Aldolol 2021-06-11 18:16:43
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Notice on your guide Bippin you opt for Store TP cape instead of double attack cape, is this considered better now due to Tatenashi or just personal preference?
Offline
Posts: 2801
By Taint 2021-06-11 19:31:04
Link | Quote | Reply
 
For Sam you want Zanhasso,QA or TA. A proc of any of those will result in 1000+ TP. I avoid DA unless it’s unavoidable without a solid replacement.
[+]
 Asura.Bippin
Offline
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Gunit
Posts: 493
By Asura.Bippin 2021-06-12 11:22:45
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Basically what Taint said, with that said they are both really close
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [41 days between previous and next post]
Offline
Posts: 268
By eeternal 2021-07-23 06:37:11
Link | Quote | Reply
 
with the introduction of Nyame, has SAM Hybrid set changed? or is it the same combination of Wakido +3 / Ken +1 (one posted last 4-5 pages)
Offline
Posts: 5422
By SimonSes 2021-07-23 06:43:46
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Full Nyame.
[+]
Offline
Posts: 174
By Guyford 2021-07-23 08:58:53
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Just wanted to verify, Nyame head B beats mpaca head in all situations for hybrid? Is it close?
Offline
Posts: 5422
By SimonSes 2021-07-23 09:10:54
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Guyford said: »
Just wanted to verify, Nyame head B beats mpaca head in all situations for hybrid? Is it close?

Im not gonna calculate it for SAM now, but I will describe it. At 1000TP + moonshade only, Mpaca would probably win at least for Jinpu (its only SAM hybrid with more than one hit, so Nyame WSD is slightly weaker for it, than for other SAM hybrids and TA on Mpaca is slightly stronger, because it can proc 2 times). That being said if you use Dojikiri, then you are probably above the TP threshold, where Nyame will start to be better. If you add the fact that TP overflow on SAM is higher than on every other job, I can guess with 90% confidence, that you will almost always be at threshold of TP where Nyame starts winning over Mpaca, even without Dojikiri.
 Asura.Bippin
Offline
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Gunit
Posts: 493
By Asura.Bippin 2021-07-23 10:07:48
Link | Quote | Reply
 
eeternal said: »
with the introduction of Nyame, has SAM Hybrid set changed? or is it the same combination of Wakido +3 / Ken +1 (one posted last 4-5 pages)
Hybrid WS or TP?
Offline
Posts: 5422
By SimonSes 2021-07-23 10:23:26
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Asura.Bippin said: »
eeternal said: »
with the introduction of Nyame, has SAM Hybrid set changed? or is it the same combination of Wakido +3 / Ken +1 (one posted last 4-5 pages)
Hybird WS or TP?

Oh yeah lol thats a good question :D
You need to be more specific on NIN and SAM when you say Hybrid set XD
 Asura.Bippin
Offline
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Gunit
Posts: 493
By Asura.Bippin 2021-07-23 10:30:30
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Either way can see the Hybrid TP sets I have been playing around with here
https://www.bg-wiki.com/ffxi/Samurai_Guide#Defense_Sets
Been using a bit of Nyame over the old hybrid sets.
Offline
Posts: 2801
By Taint 2021-07-23 10:51:10
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Mpaca Legs are a great swap. DT and SBII.
 Asura.Bippin
Offline
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Gunit
Posts: 493
By Asura.Bippin 2021-07-23 10:53:41
Link | Quote | Reply
 
I like that idea will play with some sets later.
Offline
Posts: 268
By eeternal 2021-07-23 16:36:54
Link | Quote | Reply
 
SimonSes said: »
Asura.Bippin said: »
eeternal said: »
with the introduction of Nyame, has SAM Hybrid set changed? or is it the same combination of Wakido +3 / Ken +1 (one posted last 4-5 pages)
Hybird WS or TP?

Oh yeah lol thats a good question :D
You need to be more specific on NIN and SAM when you say Hybrid set XD
My bad, I meant DT tp set, I guess 5/5 Nyama is the best
Offline
Posts: 5422
By SimonSes 2021-07-23 16:43:31
Link | Quote | Reply
 
eeternal said: »
My bad, I meant DT tp set, I guess 5/5 Nyama is the best

5/5 Nyame is for sure bis defensively, but if its non augmented or not path A, then its a huge DPS loss.
Offline
Posts: 268
By eeternal 2021-07-23 17:03:12
Link | Quote | Reply
 
SimonSes said: »
eeternal said: »
My bad, I meant DT tp set, I guess 5/5 Nyama is the best

5/5 Nyame is for sure bis defensively, but if its non augmented or not path A, then its a huge DPS loss.

I was thinking more of the engaged DT set that Bippin thankfully posted, where it maintains DT and Meva and STP..

ItemSet 381050
Offline
Posts: 5422
By SimonSes 2021-07-23 17:07:22
Link | Quote | Reply
 
eeternal said: »
SimonSes said: »
eeternal said: »
My bad, I meant DT tp set, I guess 5/5 Nyama is the best

5/5 Nyame is for sure bis defensively, but if its non augmented or not path A, then its a huge DPS loss.

I was thinking more of the engaged DT set that Bippin thankfully posted, where it maintains DT and Meva and STP..

ItemSet 381050

It doesnt maintain MEVA tho. Its 196 meva below 5/5 Nyame.
Offline
Posts: 268
By eeternal 2021-07-23 17:09:55
Link | Quote | Reply
 
SimonSes said: »
eeternal said: »
SimonSes said: »
eeternal said: »
My bad, I meant DT tp set, I guess 5/5 Nyama is the best

5/5 Nyame is for sure bis defensively, but if its non augmented or not path A, then its a huge DPS loss.

I was thinking more of the engaged DT set that Bippin thankfully posted, where it maintains DT and Meva and STP..

ItemSet 381050

It doesnt maintain MEVA tho. Its 196 meva below 5/5 Nyame.

I was trying to opt more of a hybrid tp set (sorry for the confusion of DT and hybrid tp set, blame it on the bandwagon tachi jinpu)
 Asura.Bippin
Offline
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Gunit
Posts: 493
By Asura.Bippin 2021-07-23 17:28:08
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Definitely a time and place you need the full meva of nyame or 4/5 but at times it is not needed. I would recommend having more then one "hybrid" set
 Bismarck.Sterk
Offline
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Llewelyn
Posts: 236
By Bismarck.Sterk 2021-07-23 17:40:38
Link | Quote | Reply
 
I have a set that caps PDT and a set that focuses more on M.Eva, but uncapped PDT. We don't have a lot of options for mixing both outside of Nyame, which isn't that great DPS-wise, but it's there if you need both.
 Asura.Aburaage
Offline
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
Posts: 94
By Asura.Aburaage 2021-07-23 22:42:08
Link | Quote | Reply
 
I've been using the set above, but replace body with r20 mpaca
Offline
Posts: 6
By Tongy 2021-07-29 16:04:43
Link | Quote | Reply
 
qq, does R15 Yoichinoyumi's critical hit +5% apply to gkt auto attacks and ws?
 Asura.Failaras
Offline
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Falaras
Posts: 3206
By Asura.Failaras 2021-07-29 16:09:25
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Assuming no augments and no Nyame, what Mpaca items are worth talking about? The head seems like a no brainer for WSes, but I'm not sure I can tell what the other pieces might be good at? Maybe DT?
 Asura.Biglovin
Offline
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Monko
Posts: 290
By Asura.Biglovin 2021-07-29 17:01:22
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Tongy said: »
qq, does R15 Yoichinoyumi's critical hit +5% apply to gkt auto attacks and ws?

yes
 Asura.Bippin
Offline
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Gunit
Posts: 493
By Asura.Bippin 2021-07-29 17:07:57
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Asura.Failaras said: »
Assuming no augments and no Nyame, what Mpaca items are worth talking about? The head seems like a no brainer for WSes, but I'm not sure I can tell what the other pieces might be good at? Maybe DT?
Head and legs for Subtle blow and maybe Stardiver uncapped attack.
[+]
Offline
Posts: 174
By Guyford 2021-07-29 21:59:29
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Body if you want a seigan counter set.
 Asura.Yoshimuru
Offline
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Yoshimuru
Posts: 20
By Asura.Yoshimuru 2021-08-03 11:14:19
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Hi all
I just came back to the game after many years of break

where can I find up-to-date SAM Sets? :)

Thx!
First Page 2 3 ... 136 137 138