Animator's Workshop: A Puppetmaster's Guide 2.0

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Puppet Master » Animator's Workshop: A Puppetmaster's Guide 2.0
Animator's Workshop: A Puppetmaster's Guide 2.0
First Page 2 ... 68 69 70
 Odin.Esor
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: esor
By Odin.Esor 2014-01-05 06:14:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Under Construction

Node 122
[+]
 Odin.Esor
By Odin.Esor 2014-01-05 06:14:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Node 123
 Odin.Esor
By Odin.Esor 2014-01-05 06:15:04
Link | Quote | Reply

sources
BGwiki
Bluegartr
FFXIclopedia
FFXIAH

spellcast xmls

petschool xmls

updates

credits
-coming soon-

suggestions or thoughts welcome. PM if you have ideas on formatting. currently i'm just stitching things together sloppily.
 Quetzalcoatl.Mystery
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Thps
By Quetzalcoatl.Mystery 2014-01-05 17:09:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Really looking forward to the finished product! Just picking up my PUP finally and I could use some guidance =P
By Jogi 2014-01-08 23:22:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Love it so far! Keep up the good work.
 Lakshmi.Vagrua
Server: Lakshmi
user: Vagrua
By Lakshmi.Vagrua 2014-01-08 23:59:00
Link | Quote | Reply

This is nice, all I could really recommend is that I keep Garden Bangles on pup for my regen set. It's kind of an unknown item to people that requires the hire of an Alchemist to craft.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [75 days between previous and next post]
 Odin.Esor
By Odin.Esor 2014-03-25 05:50:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Just throwing this out here, but as the architect of the revamped pup guide i'd like to note that the 2.0 guide is open to be edited publicly. if anyone would like to take a stab at keeping things up to date over here, or have any passing interests, pm me here, or and i will add you to the list of contributors.

I took a break updating it till new af and delve II were out, but as they are available now, It's probably a good time to update everything. any input or attention is welcome.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [39 days between previous and next post]
By chichicha 2014-05-02 22:36:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyway to sticky this?

Any update for relic upgrade uses and new delve items? :)
Be nice to have some suggestion on attachments for each pet :p
 Ragnarok.Flyingsquirrel
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Flyingsquirrel 2014-05-03 01:23:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't think the author is going to be updating the gear sets etc. I started http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/42976/helpful-pup-compilation/ this, it already has attatchments for each frame and a spellcast with gear sets for everything. I will be putting together ffxiah gearsets shortly, for now you just have to look off of the spellcast on the page I linked.
 Odin.Esor
By Odin.Esor 2014-05-07 12:57:35
Link | Quote | Reply

been busy with real life. this is an open node so i would love to compile everything into one thread. ran into road blocks of no other more knowledgeable people wanting to contribute. i will gladly source new info into the guide when its available, and let others edit the nodes as well. just pm me.
 Ragnarok.Flyingsquirrel
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Flyingsquirrel 2014-05-07 13:45:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd be willing to help make sets etc. I'm not familiar with nodes tho.
 Leviathan.Dwb
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Dwb 2014-05-19 18:48:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Keep up the good work!
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
Server: Bismarck
user: Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2014-05-19 18:51:25
Link | Quote | Reply

aren't you missing the Magneto from the Animator list, which is Automaton level 117, while eminent is 115?
 Lakshmi.Kyosukerob
By Lakshmi.Kyosukerob 2014-05-29 13:44:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Was working on my own guide before I noticed this was updated. I'll be doing my fair share of editing this once I get around to it. It looks like I have my work cut out for me.
 Lakshmi.Kyosukerob
By Lakshmi.Kyosukerob 2014-05-30 09:07:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Going to be horribly slow-going, I feel as though I'm losing my mind as I attempt to preview in hopes to see if item code works to find it no longer process the input I give, be it to preview again or submit. No offense to the OP but there should be an improvement in wording and fluency of the guide. I'll take my time going through that when I have time while rewording more eloquently some of the things I come across. Explanations are also a bit redundant, as though he copied and pasted from pages (the wording is the same) then restated it in his own words.
 Lakshmi.Kyosukerob
By Lakshmi.Kyosukerob 2014-05-30 11:04:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Today I updated Repair, merits, and ran through a few minor things. Weapons and weaponskills are also a little neater and detailed. I put Ohtas and Tinhaspa in the same category as the rest of the 119s as they are great and although they prioritize they have boosts for the automaton. I know MNKs who use Tinhaspa over Oatixur and love it to death, not to mention the MNK JSE h2h is only slightly, SLIGHTLY better than Ohtas in terms of damage, and thanks to the regain/refresh has a much higher chance in terms of motivating someone to actually make the thing. If MNK h2h can be considered prioritizing the player, so can Ohtas. Such a list had its uses back at 99 when there was a wide range of things to do (pdt, etc) but when the variety is limited as it is now there's almost no reason to bother. Gearsets and other things are for another day.
By Mitruya 2014-05-30 11:19:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Glad to see this going again. Thanks for the hard work.
Don't forget the new pet food. :)
 Lakshmi.Kyosukerob
By Lakshmi.Kyosukerob 2014-05-30 12:17:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I haven't gone to events on PUP recently so I didn't think about it. There are some numbers out there thanks to considerate folks so I'll have to find them again.
By Mitruya 2014-05-31 11:49:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I rarely get to go to an event as PUP (and none since the foods were added) so I have no comparisons to give. There haven't exactly been floods of stacks to go fart around with for personal testing. Also can't get my hands on the attack food (Kusamochi) at all on my server. (my cooking skill isn't high enough yet)
I made a post on the official forums begging for more sources of fresh mugwort.
In the long run, I don't know if the foods will be a great thing, but I figured that any pet-job sticky should mention them at least. Maybe people that have used them in endgame content can chime in with their results also.
I'm hoping that a good, serious PUP guide will make people realize it really can be a good job to invite, and encourage more pet foods to be made.
 Lakshmi.Kyosukerob
By Lakshmi.Kyosukerob 2014-05-31 19:20:14
Link | Quote | Reply

It was one of the most popular of DDs to invite after Alternator came to life before people beat the bosses. My friend Jimmothy used to always parse his PUP in voidwatch even before this, inspiring me to work hard at mine. Every time I run into my old friends from Jim's old PUP LS I get psyched up about working towards a better PUP.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-05-31 19:21:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Kyosukerob said: »
It was one of the most popular of DDs to invite
Lol that's a lie. Popularity and pup don't really go hand in hand.
 Lakshmi.Kyosukerob
By Lakshmi.Kyosukerob 2014-05-31 22:58:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm completely serious though, the boost from alternator combined with rigor baghnakhs R15 (usually A path) made PUP a force to be reckoned with when using SP. It seems JPs especially preferred them and he got in on NNI back when it was hot on PUP with the gear (he went a few as MNK and switched to PUP with much success).
By Mitruya 2014-06-02 00:09:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, PUPs get no love on Valefor as far as I know.
 Odin.Esor
By Odin.Esor 2014-06-03 11:19:54
Link | Quote | Reply

thanks for inputs! the more we get the better it'll be!
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-06-03 12:18:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm completely serious though, the boost from alternator combined with rigor baghnakhs R15 (usually A path) made PUP a force to be reckoned with when using SP. It seems JPs especially preferred them and he got in on NNI back when it was hot on PUP with the gear (he went a few as MNK and switched to PUP with much success).
Whether it's good or not is an entirely different topic. But pup was never a popular job and likely never going to be.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2014-06-03 13:15:16
Link | Quote | Reply

It was one of the most popular of DDs to invite after Alternator came to life before people beat the bosses. My friend Jimmothy used to always parse his PUP in voidwatch even before this, inspiring me to work hard at mine.

What kind of fool parses in VOIDWATCH? The point of VW is not to maximize damage, it's to hit procs. Hell, most of the time I have to slow damage to not kill the NM too fast before capping lights.

And no, PUP was never widely popular post-Alternator in any group content. The most popular event during that time was the original Delve zones, an event which PUP is particularly badly suited for. Because, well, your puppet will die and won't get buffs (so why would a higher i-level pet from Alternator really benefit you much???) If you convinced people to let you bring PUP to Delve, great for you - but it's honestly a pretty poor job for the event. And that's coming from someone who loves PUP.

That being said, PUP really is quite great for some current content. A well geared PUP/NIN is a very good AA DD (mainly due to being able to do solid DD with minimal hate by using Ventriloquy/Deactivate to erase built up hate). It's good in Skirmish 3.0. It's good for solo stuff like reives, Dyna farming, etc.
 Shiva.Kienasia
Server: Shiva
user: kienasia
By Shiva.Kienasia 2014-06-23 05:14:52
Link | Quote | Reply

(Don't really post much, so bear with me) Was just curious if battlecast gaiters(from tenzen) or the ptica headgear(from gessho) might have a place in tp build for pup somewhere? They seemed like plausible peices.(Sorry in advance if it was noob'ish question)
[+]
First Page 2 ... 68 69 70