Another Spellcast Update...

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » Windower » Support » Another Spellcast Update...
Another Spellcast Update...
By Aikawa 2014-01-02 15:19:14
Link | Quote | Reply

In salvage is more notable

Now Spellcast is trying to change my equip "while" idle... while combat.. not just once.. Is like it is in a loop trying to equip,

for ex. while Idle I change any piece. it will go back to my idle gear w/o doing anything (w/o changing status)

Since I'm Using the LUA Silence, and slots are locked it spam " You are unable to change your equipped items."

and about the other thread I was banned, why don't make windower a pay service? so will have the obligation to do the things right so wont have the excuse We don't get pay for this, I'm Paying for guildwork what would stop me for paying for a windower that get things well done?
 Bismarck.Llewelyn
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Llewelyn
By Bismarck.Llewelyn 2014-01-02 15:33:12
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't think you've ever made a post on this forum that doesn't consist of whining, bitching or generally a condescending attitude.

On a related note, I am also having this problem, but in the meantime I just took out the idle rule and manually equip my idle set whenever necessary.
[+]
 Cerberus.Conagh
Server: Cerberus
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-01-02 16:30:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Aikawa said: »
In salvage is more notable

Now Spellcast is trying to change my equip "while" idle... while combat.. not just once.. Is like it is in a loop trying to equip,

for ex. while Idle I change any piece. it will go back to my idle gear w/o doing anything (w/o changing status)

Since I'm Using the LUA Silence, and slots are locked it spam " You are unable to change your equipped items."

and about the other thread I was banned, why don't make windower a pay service? so will have the obligation to do the things right so wont have the excuse We don't get pay for this, I'm Paying for guildwork what would stop me for paying for a windower that get things well done?

Create a toggle for the few pieces you swap out and simply hit the toggle, the toggle could also have a trigger spell such as "/ma Firaja V <me>" and this would toggle between your sets simply enough, something like...

Quote:
<if spell="Poisonga V">
<if advanced='"$VAR-WS"="N"'>
<var cmd="set VAR-WS ACC-$ACC" />
<addtochat color="158">WS Set: [Accuracy-$ACC]</addtochat>
</if>
<elseif advanced='("$VAR-WS"="ACC-Low") OR ("$VAR-WS"="ACC-Mid") OR ("$VAR-WS"="ACC-High") OR("$VAR-WS"="ACC-Max") OR ("$VAR-WS"="ACC-Ex")'>'>
<var cmd="set VAR-WS N" />
<addtochat color="158">WS Set: [Normal]</addtochat>
</elseif>
<cancelspell />
<return />
</if>

This has your toggle built in and the trigger spell, you can clean it up for just 2 sets rather than the 6 in this set.

A SC that frequently checks your status and updates Gearsets periodically is useful and allows you not have to create an Autoexec file to spam trigger spells might be good, my only concern is the added CPU pressure related to this.

P.S> you can also create a filter to remove the chat log "You were unable to changed your equipped gears" etc so neither is a huge issue.
 Fenrir.Sylow
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Sylow 2014-01-02 16:32:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Spellcast is currently counting a change in your MP due to idle refresh as an action. Not sure if it's also treating HP the same way.

Anyway, this means if you're using something like this to update your sets:
Code xml
	<aftercastdelay delay="0" />
		<command when="engaged|idle|aftercast|resting">Update</command>

It's spamming update every time your MP ticks up until it's full.

[+]
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-01-02 16:32:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Please follow the info on this thread btw.

http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/41633/spellcast-issues/#2528839

Should be resolved, can we at least try to check for the same issue on threads before making new ones?

That way we keep all issues in one place, it helps dev's and other people to.

Thanks!
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-01-02 16:33:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Sylow said: »
Spellcast is currently counting a change in your MP due to idle refresh as an action. Not sure if it's also treating HP the same way.

Yes, due to using HP% in certain auto rules, it counts both, again a rather useful tool to use if you use it correctly.
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2014-01-02 16:36:44
Link | Quote | Reply

If it was an issue that needed to be fixed, it wasn't a very useful tool!!!!

(I'm not complaining about it, I was just explaining what the issue was)
 Fenrir.Jinjo
VIP
user: Minjo
By Fenrir.Jinjo 2014-01-02 16:37:54
Link | Quote | Reply

It'll be fixed in a little while.
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-01-02 16:39:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyway, this means if you're using something like this to update your sets:
Code xml
	<aftercastdelay delay="0" />
		<command when="engaged|idle|aftercast|resting">Update</command>

It's spamming update every time your MP ticks up until it's full.

Interesting way to make it update, I might use this on mysets rather than using an autoexec file.

Thanks Sylow!
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-01-02 16:39:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Jinjo said: »
It'll be fixed in a little while.

I like how it works now though :x
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2014-01-02 16:41:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not sure you're following what the problem was.
 Fenrir.Jinjo
VIP
By Fenrir.Jinjo 2014-01-02 16:42:07
Link | Quote | Reply

And there are a multitude of reasons Windower is not going to be a paid service. That aside, paying for something doesn't suddenly make it bug free.

We are working with age-old code written by nobody that's still around, and trying to deprecate a lot of it so relevant things are actually presentable. If the resulting bugs offend you so greatly, feel free to not use whatever aspects you wish not to.
[+]
 Phoenix.Missnasty
Server: Phoenix
user: Missnasty
By Phoenix.Missnasty 2014-01-02 16:43:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Aikawa said: »
why don't make windower a pay service? so will have the obligation to do the things right so wont have the excuse We don't get pay for this, I'm Paying for guildwork what would stop me for paying for a windower that get things well done?
Maybe the Windower team doesn't want to have to answer to anybody. Maybe they do it just for fun and we're lucky that they make their work available to everyone.
[+]
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-01-02 16:48:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Jinjo said: »
And there are a multitude of reasons Windower is not going to be a paid service. That aside, paying for something doesn't suddenly make it bug free.

We are working with age-old code written by nobody that's still around, and trying to deprecate a lot of it so relevant things are actually presentable. If the resulting bugs offend you so greatly, feel free to not use whatever aspects you wish not to.

Wasn't Gearswap being made to replace Spellcast because of this very reason? I know it's still in Beta but from what I saw, It looks good.

I'm not sure you're following what the problem was.

No I got what the issue was I was suggesting simple ways to get around it, even if only a temporary fix.
 Leviathan.Arcon
VIP
Server: Leviathan
user: Zaphor
By Leviathan.Arcon 2014-01-02 16:54:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Conagh said: »
Wasn't Gearswap being made to replace Spellcast because of this very reason? I know it's still in Beta but from what I saw, It looks good.

It works better than SC in many respects already, regardless of the beta status. Which isn't really an official title, I would rather call it "new" than beta. People have been using it for months.

That said, can anyone try if this fixes it:
https://googledrive.com/host/0B1-GYvFFRpK6WlVQZnBKbzdycTA/Spellcast.dll
 Fenrir.Jinjo
VIP
By Fenrir.Jinjo 2014-01-02 17:11:28
Link | Quote | Reply

GearSwap works perfectly fine as is, the 'beta' is more, 'You should expect many internal changes that may or may not affect how you use this'.

Ex, Byrth is currently refactoring the action handling entirely, but the end result should require little to no changes on the user end.
 Ramuh.Kailana
Server: Ramuh
user: Kailana
By Ramuh.Kailana 2014-01-02 17:28:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I guess this is the place to say yes I recognize issues currently with the program, but I know you'll have it fixed soon. Just wanted to say thank you to you guys for all the hard work you do so my mages are not so frustratingly hard to macro for. :)
[+]
 Asura.Backstab
Server: Asura
user: backstab
By Asura.Backstab 2014-01-02 17:29:50
Link | Quote | Reply

could it be that with the most recent spellcast update the aftercast sets arent working properly?

the following rule has allways been working untill the most recent spellcast update. now it immediatly changes back to idle set after midcast sets.

ty for any answer in advance.
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2014-01-02 17:31:23
Link | Quote | Reply

scroll up
 Leviathan.Arcon
VIP
Server: Leviathan
user: Zaphor
By Leviathan.Arcon 2014-01-02 17:36:16
Link | Quote | Reply

A new Spellcast has just been pushed that should resolve that issue.
 Asura.Backstab
Server: Asura
user: backstab
By Asura.Backstab 2014-01-02 17:40:04
Link | Quote | Reply

my bad i didnt look at the time of the posts above^^
 Quetzalcoatl.Crystalchan
Leonardo da Clippi
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Crystalchan 2014-01-09 15:28:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Having some issues with spellcast this morning, for example, //repose stnpc doesn't work, it'll just repose the monster that I'm currently targeting instead of letting me toggle. :\ Sorry to bother, been trying to get gearswap working in my spare time, which isn't in exactly working order yet ._.

This seems to be broken again too, but it's not such a big deal, is there anyway to stop auto-updating spellcast?
Code
<if SpellTargetType="MONSTER" NotValidTarget="*Enemy*" ValidTarget="*Self*">
        <changetarget target="<stpc>" />
    </if>

I'll just get "You cannot attack that target."
Thanks in advance, sorry to bother D:
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2014-01-09 15:44:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Was this after the FFXI update?

For the record, FFXI updates can break things and cause errors, which is the reason for auto-updating.
 Quetzalcoatl.Harmless
user: Ollette07
By Quetzalcoatl.Harmless 2014-01-09 15:47:58
Link | Quote | Reply

There is probably a better answer for this but I had similar issues a few months back and just changed all my <stpc> macros to:

Line 1: /ta <stpc> ----targets whoever
Line 2: /ma "Cure IV" <lastst> ----performs action on last selected target

Haven't had an issue since and I believe this method is "break-proof". Hope it helps
 Quetzalcoatl.Crystalchan
Leonardo da Clippi
By Quetzalcoatl.Crystalchan 2014-01-09 15:54:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Changetarget hasn't been working for a few days and I logged in after the maintenance and found stnpc was broken but I'm not sure if there was an spellcast update today or if the maintenance broke it, sorry. :\

@Harm, it's not a macro, I'm usually typing everything out with //spellname me/stnpc/name/etc :<