Spellcast Issues...

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » Windower » Support » Spellcast issues...
Spellcast issues...
First Page 2
By Aikawa 2013-12-31 13:23:35
Link | Quote | Reply

after the "new" update to spellcast //Spell <incompleted names> isnt working...

ex.
//cure4 Aik is not working (everyone is in party)..

Even using shortcuts is not working...
 Lakshmi.Aelius
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Aelius
By Lakshmi.Aelius 2013-12-31 13:45:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Just be patient. New update will most likely fix this as it seems to be the common spellcast error today.
[+]
 Fenrir.Sylow
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Sylow 2014-01-01 00:30:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Get over it, the people working on Windower are not paid employees and have zero obligation to your entitled *** whatsoever.

You're lucky it gets updated at all.
[+]
 Fenrir.Thandar
user: Thandar
By Fenrir.Thandar 2014-01-01 00:32:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, really something you should *** about.

Why don't you design windower and all the plug ins yourself, then you can fix it, and it will be perfect all the time, right?
 Leviathan.Arcon
VIP
Server: Leviathan
user: Zaphor
By Leviathan.Arcon 2014-01-01 01:00:59
Link | Quote | Reply

As you can see in the "recruitment" thread, we're very short on people. Feel free to volunteer to help :) And you don't even have to be able to program to do so!

These versions of Spellcast and AutoExec have been on the dev build for days, but no one complained about anything, because we have almost no one who actually tests them. It worked fine for the people who did, because they didn't use those specific features. SC is a monster to test because it has so many features and sub routines, so it's pretty much impossible for one person to do it. If you wanna help with that download the dev build and occasionally log onto that and report errors to us. That way they'll get fixed almost instantly. This also would have been fixed within minutes if the whole new year thing didn't get in the way. It's fixed on the dev build now and will be pushed to the live build shortly (once we tested that nothing else broke).
[+]
 Odin.Rendra
Server: Odin
user: Rendra
By Odin.Rendra 2014-01-01 02:21:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm getting issues when using some job abilities that i have macro'd on DRG spirit link/steady wing works. but things like Jump/High Jump won't work. i end up getting a ...A command error occurred but yet my gear switches for the jump macros just fine.

Update: after I switched sub jobs and go back to the sub i was originally on... it seems to work fine now.
 Leviathan.Arcon
VIP
By Leviathan.Arcon 2014-01-01 02:44:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Can someone tell me if this is working:
https://googledrive.com/host/0B1-GYvFFRpK6WlVQZnBKbzdycTA/Spellcast.dll

Seems to work for me. If that version is good, I'll push it live.
 Odin.Celoria
user: celoria
By Odin.Celoria 2014-01-01 02:55:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Well damn was gonna say works on one of my skillup scripts but not the other but declared too many characters.

The one that doesn't work was working fine the other day and was not tampered.
 Leviathan.Arcon
VIP
By Leviathan.Arcon 2014-01-01 04:12:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Unfortunately I need something more accurate. "Doesn't work" doesn't tell me much. Can you isolate it to a specific command that isn't working?
 Fenrir.Jinjo
VIP
user: Minjo
By Fenrir.Jinjo 2014-01-01 04:49:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Arcon said: »
As you can see in the "recruitment" thread, we're very short on people. Feel free to volunteer to help :) And you don't even have to be able to program to do so!

These versions of Spellcast and AutoExec have been on the dev build for days, but no one complained about anything, because we have almost no one who actually tests them. It worked fine for the people who did, because they didn't use those specific features. SC is a monster to test because it has so many features and sub routines, so it's pretty much impossible for one person to do it. If you wanna help with that download the dev build and occasionally log onto that and report errors to us. That way they'll get fixed almost instantly. This also would have been fixed within minutes if the whole new year thing didn't get in the way. It's fixed on the dev build now and will be pushed to the live build shortly (once we tested that nothing else broke).

Just adding onto this, the people who generally use the dev version at this point tend to not use the plugin version of things any more. Specific to this thread:
*AutoExec is much better handled by a blank Lua file
*GearSwap is about 500% less of a headache than spellcast

I personally haven't loaded either in months now aside to get them working when someone reports an issue. If you want to ensure that the plugins that are being outdone by addons are 100% functional when they're pushed to live as huge changes are made internally, download the dev launcher and file issues for that.
 Odin.Celoria
user: celoria
By Odin.Celoria 2014-01-01 05:42:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Arcon said: »
Unfortunately I need something more accurate. "Doesn't work" doesn't tell me much. Can you isolate it to a specific command that isn't working?

"spellcast encountered a fatal error and must be terminated.
Error: Access violation in OutgoingText method.
spellcast - plugin successfully unloaded"

Only thing I get, hopefully that helps.
 Ragnarok.Martel
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2014-01-01 06:49:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Jinjo said: »
Just adding onto this, the people who generally use the dev version at this point tend to not use the plugin version of things any more. Specific to this thread:
*AutoExec is much better handled by a blank Lua file
*GearSwap is about 500% less of a headache than spellcast

I personally haven't loaded either in months now aside to get them working when someone reports an issue. If you want to ensure that the plugins that are being outdone by addons are 100% functional when they're pushed to live as huge changes are made internally, download the dev launcher and file issues for that.
I've been meaning to get into lua, but haven't managed to get past the nightmarish thought of converting all my XMLs into lua.

My autoexec files should be relatively simple to convert, I think. Would you mind posting a few examples of how to do autoexec'esque things with lua?
 Fenrir.Jinjo
VIP
By Fenrir.Jinjo 2014-01-01 07:00:25
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not all that familiar with autoexec's limitations/syntax but...
Code
windower.register_event('zone', function(name,id,oldname,oldid)

print(name) -- This will print your new zone in console
if oldname == 'WESTERN ADOULIN' then
  windower.send_command('input /l I left town, help!')
  --This will send a command to the console if the zone you left is Western Adoulin
end

end)

Code
windower.register_event('lose buff', function(name,id)
  if name == 'Haste' then
   windower.send_command('input /p HASTE PLS')
  end
end)

Code
windower.register_event('weather change', function(weather_name,id)
  if weather_name == 'Heat waves' then
    windower.send_command('sc setvar SunShades On')
    windower.add_to_chat(123,'It's gettin\' hot in here.')
  end
end)
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2014-01-01 08:49:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Oooo. Can act based on the previous zone. That's excellent. Will use that to unload dynamis/salvage LL profiles after leaving.

between zoning and gain/lose buffs that covers most of what I use autoexec for.

So, what would one for a job change look like? That'd be the last thing I use AE for.

And thank you for taking the time to post that.
By Miang 2014-01-01 08:55:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Not tested this but probably something along the lines of
Code
windower.register_event('job change', function(main_job,main_job_id,main_job_level,sub_job,sub_job_id,sub_job_level)

if main_job == 'PLD' and sub_job == 'WAR' then
		windower.send_command('input /macro book 1;')
	elseif main_job == 'SAM' and sub_job == 'WAR' then
		windower.send_command('input /macro book 2;')
	end
end)
 Fenrir.Jinjo
VIP
By Fenrir.Jinjo 2014-01-01 08:58:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Code
windower.register_event('job change', function(main_job, main_job_id, main_job_level, sub_job, sub_job_id, sub_job_level)

if main_job == 'WAR' then
  if sub_job == 'SAM' then
    --WAR/SAM
  else
    --WAR/not SAM
  end
elseif sub_job == 'BLM'
 --Anything/BLM except WAR
end

end)

There is a full event mapping here: http://dev.windower.net/doku.php?id=lua:api:events:start . You can probably ignore anything after incoming_text if you're just learning, as those require more indepth knowledge.

You can also omit any arguments you aren't using
Code
windower.register_event('job change', function(job)
  if job == 'BLM' or job == 'SCH' then
   --BLM or SCH
  elseif job == 'PLD'
   --PLD
  elseif job ~= 'PUP'
   --Not PUP
  end
end)
 Leviathan.Arcon
VIP
By Leviathan.Arcon 2014-01-01 09:00:58
Link | Quote | Reply

While I encourage everyone to use Lua instead of AutoExec, AutoExec has also been fixed for now. You should still try to switch over, as AutoExec will not be supported forever.

And as a small warning, the zone event might change in the Lua API soon, so you should watch out for that.
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2014-01-01 09:09:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Excellent. thank you both.

Something I just noticed in spellcast. Targethp and Targethpp appear to be broken.

for example, this rule:
Code
<elseif TargetHPLT="1300" MPGT="80">
						<changespell spell="Cure IV Martel" />
					</elseif>

Is always parsing as true. Even when Martel's HP is full. Note that HPP rules seem to be fine. So some kinda target issue i assume.
 Fenrir.Jinjo
VIP
By Fenrir.Jinjo 2014-01-01 13:26:39
Link | Quote | Reply

New dev version should address that and the access violation in outgoing text.

Can post if there are any further issues with that.
 Quetzalcoatl.Crystalchan
Leonardo da Clippi
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Crystalchan 2014-01-01 14:04:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Tried downloading the spellcast.dll that Acron posted in this thread and the one that Jinjo posted in the other thread, I'm still crashing whenever I try to use Afflatus: Solace and trying to cast anything on myself through the magic menu.

Also I crash, for example, I cast haste with nothing targeted, my spellcast xml will subtarget me and it allows me to confirm on myself before actually casting the haste spell. I can't cast haste on an enemy because my xml will subtarget me and allow me to confirm before it starts casting haste. I know this sounds really quirky but that's what I do when I solo, instead of making a separate solo macro book. :< I changed my subjobs like with what Renda did, and still doesn't work. :<

Sorry if it's already been addressed, I thought I'd just post in case you haven't heard of these problems before D: everything worked fine for me about two days ago, if you needed to know that tidbit!

Here's my WHM.xml if you have no idea what I'm talking about, I have trouble explaining issues :\
WHM.xml

Thank you for all your hard work, I'm really sad that some don't appreciate you guys :< /walloftext
 Fenrir.Jinjo
VIP
By Fenrir.Jinjo 2014-01-01 14:08:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't mean to throw away your report, but unless you're using the most recent version (I just uploaded a new one to http://update.windower.net/dev/plugins/Spellcast.dll about 30mins ago that will go live if nobody reports anything hazardous), I'm hesitant to look into anything as there's a chance that it's already fixed.

However: are you crashing to desktop, or is the plugin just crashing and unloading (and if so, what error is it giving?).
 Quetzalcoatl.Crystalchan
Leonardo da Clippi
By Quetzalcoatl.Crystalchan 2014-01-01 14:12:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Downloading the new spellcast that you just posted right now, I'm crashing to desktop. My character just freezes for a second when I try to perform any of the above actions and then I'm just staring at my desktop. I don't see any errors besides Playonline has stopped working etc from windows7. :\

Edit: Just did solace with your new .dll and I don't crash to desktop now. I just get the error: spellcast encountered a fatal error and must be terminated. Error: Access violation in OutgoingText method. Then spellcast unloads itself.

Actually, anything I do gives me that error now, curing myself through macros, myself through menu, hasting myself, I can //sc set Healing and stuff like that and it still works though.
 Fenrir.Jinjo
VIP
By Fenrir.Jinjo 2014-01-01 14:26:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Download again please, sorry >_>;
 Quetzalcoatl.Crystalchan
Leonardo da Clippi
By Quetzalcoatl.Crystalchan 2014-01-01 14:34:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Downloaded again, now I'm crashing to desktop on casting afflatus: solace and when casting anything in the menu on myself, I tried downloading the crashdump thing, but I guess I'm too HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE to figure it out.

I guess everything is working so far that I can see, I just can't click anything through the menu but //cure3 me and //afflatus solace works and also //cure3 chan works also!

Also it seems like my spellcast .xml that targets myself when I try and cast haste with nothing targeted or casting onto an enemy doesn't work anymore but I guess that's okay
 Fenrir.Jinjo
VIP
By Fenrir.Jinjo 2014-01-01 15:02:23
Link | Quote | Reply

For now, if you remove your rules to change target to stpc, you'll be fine.
[+]
By aylar 2014-01-01 15:32:32
Link | Quote | Reply

i'm having trouble with my aliasing, spellcast isn't recognizing it so i can toggle through my sets. any ideas?

edit: i got it working
 Fenrir.Jinjo
VIP
By Fenrir.Jinjo 2014-01-01 17:15:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Jinjo said: »
For now, if you remove your rules to change target to stpc, you'll be fine.

Should be fixed
 Quetzalcoatl.Crystalchan
Leonardo da Clippi
By Quetzalcoatl.Crystalchan 2014-01-01 17:25:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Everything is working great for me now, thanks so much!
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
Server: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2014-01-02 16:28:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Just downloaded the version of spellcast Arcon posted and it fixed the issue I was having with gear automatically swapping to my idle set.
First Page 2