Forum » Windower » Support » Locking Controller to active window only
Locking Controller to active window only
 Bismarck.Vasch
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: heykojiro
By Bismarck.Vasch 2013-12-28 15:43:38
Link | Quote | Reply

With windower, I know that when you open a second instance of ffxi, it locks it so the 360 controller will only work if the window is active. Is there any way to force this all the time? When I run both FFXI and XIV at the same time, it controls both of them at once and i'd like it to only affect the active window.
By Jetackuu 2013-12-28 15:44:48
Link | Quote | Reply

install vmware workstation, get hardware acceleration to work, bind the usb controller to that vm, bam.
 Carbuncle.Snoochybooch
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Snoochybooch 2013-12-28 15:48:48
Link | Quote | Reply

The only way around having 11 and 14 being controlled at the same time that I have found is to have a second instance of 11 running. I know its not the best solution, but so far its all I've been able to figure out.
By Emryss 2013-12-28 15:56:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Can't you just open a second instance of FFXI so it fixes the issue, then close that instance? I could be wrong, but it seems like I remember it not re-binding to the first instance when the second is closed.
 Bismarck.Vasch
By Bismarck.Vasch 2013-12-28 15:58:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Emryss said: »
Can't you just open a second instance of FFXI so it fixes the issue, then close that instance? I could be wrong, but it seems like I remember it not re-binding to the first instance when the second is closed.

I don't use an alt or I would just do that. I was hoping there was a way to trigger it without having to do a second instance. It also didn't work when I just logged into a second playonline. I guess it only triggers when you actually hit the game.
By Jetackuu 2013-12-28 16:00:11
Link | Quote | Reply

virtualize your instance of ffxi, if you need files, let it be known.
 Shiva.Siral
Server: Shiva
user: Siral
By Shiva.Siral 2013-12-28 16:05:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Vasch said: »

I don't use an alt or I would just do that. I was hoping there was a way to trigger it without having to do a second instance. It also didn't work when I just logged into a second playonline. I guess it only triggers when you actually hit the game.

Not sure when it actually triggers but maybe they were saying you can login to your main, all the way into ffxi(not just playonline), then just relog into your main?

While in FFXI the first window will say 'someone logged in from another location' but won't close until you hit 'OK'.

So maybe it will work if you do that and don't hit OK until you have your main relogged in from another window?
 Bismarck.Vasch
By Bismarck.Vasch 2013-12-28 16:18:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Siral said: »
Bismarck.Vasch said: »

Not sure when it actually triggers but maybe you can login to your main, go into ffxi, then just relog into your main?

The first window will say 'someone logged in from another location' but won't close until you hit 'OK'.

So maybe it will work if you do that and don't hit OK until you have your main relogged in from another window?

That worked like a charm! Thanks.

Jetackuu said: »
virtualize your instance of ffxi, if you need files, let it be known.

Thanks for this suggestion also.
By Jetackuu 2013-12-28 16:20:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I like to multibox a lot, I'm going to virtualize my instances of xi, so I can have a controller for each, I'd have to hook up my other monitor though, and I don't really have room for it...
By Jetackuu 2013-12-28 16:57:55
Link | Quote | Reply

actually going to start building those vms now. It will give me something to do while I figure out how to set up my network.