Forum » Windower » Support » Gamma/Brightness Fluctuation
Gamma/Brightness Fluctuation
 Phoenix.Urteil
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Urteil89
By Phoenix.Urteil 2013-12-17 04:26:26
Link | Quote | Reply

When playing every 3-5 seconds it seems that the gammma increases of its own accord then lowers. It has happened in every area I've encountered. I'm not sure what is causing this.

When the bug occurs the screen appears "washed out" then quickly returns to normal.

Does anyone know what causes this?
 Fenrir.Mariane
Server: Fenrir
user: leo
By Fenrir.Mariane 2013-12-17 06:08:30
Link | Quote | Reply

It's due the daylight/night lighting model used by the game being broken. Try playing it a bit on fullscreen without windower and you will see how it's supposed to work. (Window mode breaks that, FYI)

Also since the introduction of Adoulin I've noticed that lighting sources (lamps, street lamps and such) sometimes flash briefly during day (similar to how the synergy furnaces show some elemental glow effect when they become visible at the distance) also causing odd/brief effects with the lighting.

This game is like a plate of spaghetti or a ball of snow. A lot of stuff is redundant and work by sheer luck. A massive code cleanup is long due, SE.
 Phoenix.Urteil
Server: Phoenix
user: Urteil89
By Phoenix.Urteil 2013-12-17 23:35:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for the information.
 Fenrir.Mariane
Server: Fenrir
user: leo
By Fenrir.Mariane 2013-12-18 13:11:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Urteil said: »
Thanks for the information.

Just to add, that affects SE vanilla windowed mode (which is what I use), so it has more to do with the game itself and Direct X than Windower, really. ;)

(forgot to mention that)