Bubble Trouble: A Geomancer Guide
First Page 2 3 ... 53 54 55 ... 73 74 75
 Asura.Sechs
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2019-05-31 18:09:23
Link | Quote | Reply

So back in topic, any suggestion for set #2 I posted above?
Most slots are kinda locked =/
Maybe there's some legs with equal similar DT/PDT but better overall defensive stats?

Slipor Sash is an interesting option I forgot about, but I'm still unconvinced on removing that Dark Ring, I'd do that only for Vocane+1.

Edit:
Keeping everything the same, I could still swap Isa Belt for Slipor, and then swap Etiolation for Lugalbanda (Meva+10) to keep MDT sorta capped (with Shell5)
Not sure it's worth it though, the HP/MP on Etiolation is sexy, and the Silence+15 is meh but icing on the cake.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-05-31 18:24:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Hagondes Pants +1 are basically the same and have 4 P/M augs

EA+1 Have 40 more MEVA, just as an option too.
By Chimerawizard 2019-05-31 18:32:59
Link | Quote | Reply

2 page back I posted pdt, dt, & mdt sets.
just thought of a couple improvements to mine, one to each pdt & dt. shadow mantle+artsieq < moonlight; genmei ear < artsieq hose + lugalbanda.

you already mentioned the slipor sash.
there's still artsieq hose path C.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2019-05-31 18:38:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I actually already have Hagondes+1 with PDT-3 :O
But at that point it's kinda the same, slightly (insignificantly) worse than Miasmic.
Now if I could get PDT-4 and MDT-something... yeah, that could be a really nice swap.
Guess I'll wait for the next Skirmish aug campaign.

Shame Refresh+1 is not one of the possible augs :(

Edit:
OOOOH! Artsieq Hose Path C. Maaaan! I love those.
Would allow me to go back to Lugalbanda in place of Genmei and gain a total of +20 Meva (10 from legs, 10 from Ear), with the same PDT and slightly less def, but lol at that.
I like this!
...too bad I don't have them anymore lol, must have trashed them to gain inv space ;_;
By Chimerawizard 2019-05-31 18:41:47
Link | Quote | Reply

also, is mdt-26% needed still?
Isn't shell 5, what shellra 5 5/5 used to be?
Top that with a ring or earring at time of cast and you should only need 19%, yeah?
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2019-05-31 18:51:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Chimerawizard said: »
also, is mdt-26% needed still?
Isn't shell 5, what shellra 5 5/5 used to be?
It should be, but to my knowledge nobody tested it, it could have the same bug reported on Prot5, where the 5/5 bonus from feet wasn't applied.

Supposing Shell5 is not broken, then it should be what, ~29% MDT?
Meaning we need just ~22% MDT to cap.

I'd like to consider the Earring/Ring out of the scenario, for now.
It has to be said though that personally, when possible, I like to have more than the minimum required MDT. Simply because there are times Shell5 won't be up, or you can't keep it up because the monster could copy/steal it.
Rare situations I know, but if possible it's good to have MDT over the minimum required.

(a real "pro" would have multiple sets checking buffactive and see if you have Shell5 up or not, but that's a bit beyond my personal threshold of depth lol)
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [37 days between previous and next post]
By tyalangan 2019-07-07 12:53:48
Link | Quote | Reply

What is the simplest way to apply mob debuff bubbles to a group of enemies? I’ve always used sleepga or manually switched targets but have heard people cast protect on the tank.

Does this indirect method actually work? I would prefer casting on players than mobs, if so.
By Afania 2019-07-07 12:58:31
Link | Quote | Reply

tyalangan said: »
What is the simplest way to apply mob debuff bubbles to a group of enemies? I’ve always used sleepga or manually switched targets but have heard people cast protect on the tank.

Does this indirect method actually work? I would prefer casting on players than mobs, if so.

It should if your tank has hate on all mobs. Players that cure another player with hate should get on hate list.
By gargurty 2019-07-07 12:58:44
Link | Quote | Reply

cure self?
 Asura.Meliorah
user: DatGoose
By Asura.Meliorah 2019-07-07 13:05:19
Link | Quote | Reply

sleepga is my go-to
 Asura.Elizabet
user: Elizabet
By Asura.Elizabet 2019-07-07 15:05:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I usually just try some enfeebs if there isn't a RDM doing them. Dia2 if no rdm, then unless some other urgent things need be done, para slow silence if applicable. I usually can land them on most stuff I geo to.
[+]
By Chimerawizard 2019-07-09 12:48:09
Link | Quote | Reply

wait for the run to shockwave(or w/e AoE), or bard to horde lullaby, then cure that player; or sleepga them myself. depends on what I need to sub.
[+]
By gargurty 2019-07-20 06:38:53
Link | Quote | Reply

question, as a career geo, is it worth investing in a bhima?
And if yes what path, cos i think that path c will be very good :)
 Asura.Cicion
user: cicion
By Asura.Cicion 2019-07-20 07:55:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Our best acc offhand all i can see it for. Best idle for refresh 3 when no bubbles are out. Highest macc piece for enfeebs as well if you dont have idris rank15. I dont see that Magic Burst tier 2 10% being better then all the mab from Idris afterglow or Solstice for nuking. Rubicundity already exists for darkmagic. +15-25 Darkskill on it for Potancy vs Bhimas overall more Macc.
[+]
By gargurty 2019-07-20 08:07:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Cool. For now I won't buy it then.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [50 days between previous and next post]
By gargurty 2019-09-08 13:40:24
Link | Quote | Reply

anyone got an updated exudation ws gear set or is the one in guide still best?
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2019-09-08 13:49:05
Link | Quote | Reply

The 5 main slots are nice, not sure there's anything better than those.
For the other slots the selection in OP leaves me moderately skeptic.

It's the same old issue about focusing just on stats, vs having to take into consideration stuff like Accuracy and Attack, I suppose.
If we assume capped acc/att those are nice options (but I'd still consider Elemental Neck/Belt).
Thing is: How often are you gonna be acc/att capped on GEO?
Because other than during a fast Zerg (and even then, I wouldn't be so sure about it) I'd dare say: never lol.
[+]
By Spoiled 2019-09-10 15:47:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Tinypic ruined the guide! :(
[+]
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
Server: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2019-09-10 22:11:34
Link | Quote | Reply

New dispelga club looks amazing for GEO - should be the only thing we can get natively that won't wake mobs when tagging for hate
[+]
By malakef 2019-09-10 23:59:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Would still rather drop a quick cure on the tank puller for hate but a dispel to get rid of buffs ain’t bad either.

And for the exudation set it’s really just a poor WS except when you are waaaay under attack. Better to build a Judgement set if wanting to keep Idris in main hand or just use black halo and Ambu weapon. If wanting to do exudation for aftermath I’ve tried doing both a WSD set and a multi bit set but it’s just a poor modded WS and nothing helps it a ton.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2019-09-11 06:02:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Mahayaya said: »
New dispelga club looks amazing for GEO - should be the only thing we can get natively that won't wake mobs when tagging for hate
I thought the same, but at 200mp per cast Refresh1 from /RDM ain't gonna cut it in Divergence Zone, probably.
[+]
 Phoenix.Tearxx
Server: Phoenix
user: Tearxx
By Phoenix.Tearxx 2019-09-11 08:56:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
Caitsith.Mahayaya said: »
I thought the same, but at 200mp per cast Refresh1 from /RDM ain't gonna cut it in Divergence Zone, probably.

You're subbing RDM most likely anyways so just cure the tank who's AoEing either way. Still the simplest way for things like that.
 Asura.Meliorah
By Asura.Meliorah 2019-09-11 09:02:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Why are you depending on refresh to restore MP when you have Aspir for huge MP recovery in Divergence? A vast majority of mobs in the zone have MP and with double dark weather you should be able to get almost all of your MP back from a single mob. Focus on M.acc stacking rather aspir/drain potency increase and you'll see very few resists.
[+]
By gargurty 2019-09-13 14:47:59
Link | Quote | Reply

essing aroun with the new daybreak dispelga weapon for my lua but i cant get it to work. Anyone got an idea how to do this?
 Asura.Meliorah
By Asura.Meliorah 2019-09-13 14:56:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Try this
Code
sets.precast['Dispelga'] = {main="Daybreak"}

sets.midcast['Dispelga'] = set_combine(sets.midcast['Enfeebling Magic'], {main="Daybreak"})

I don't have it so I can't verify the above would work but if I did have it its how I would set it up, similar to how I have Marsyas setup in my BRDs lua.
 Bismarck.Sterk
Server: Bismarck
user: Llewelyn
By Bismarck.Sterk 2019-09-13 14:58:22
Link | Quote | Reply

gargurty said: »
essing aroun with the new daybreak dispelga weapon for my lua but i cant get it to work. Anyone got an idea how to do this?
If you're using Mote's luas and stuff, change line 706 in "helper_functions.lua"
Quote:
if not available_spells[spell.id] and not (spell.id == 503 or spell.id == 417) then
to this
Quote:
if not available_spells[spell.id] and not (spell.id == 503 or spell.id == 417 or spell.id == 360) then
By gargurty 2019-09-13 16:06:51
Link | Quote | Reply

and where can i find this helper function lua cos i dont see it in his list?

nvm found it changed it

now how do i add the dispelga to this piece:

function job_post_midcast(spell, action, spellMap, eventArgs)
if spell.skill == 'Elemental Magic' then
if state.MagicBurst.value then
equip(sets.magic_burst)
if spell.english == "Impact" then
equip(sets.midcast.Impact)
end
end
if (spell.element == world.day_element or spell.element == world.weather_element) then
equip(sets.Obi)
end
end
if spellMap == 'Cure' and spell.target.type == 'SELF' then
equip(sets.midcast.CureSelf)
end
if spell.skill == 'Enhancing Magic' and classes.NoSkillSpells:contains(spell.english) then
equip(sets.midcast.EnhancingDuration)
if spellMap == 'Refresh' then
equip(sets.midcast.Refresh)

end
end
end
 Bismarck.Sterk
Server: Bismarck
user: Llewelyn
By Bismarck.Sterk 2019-09-13 18:25:51
Link | Quote | Reply

gargurty said: »
now how do i add the dispelga to this piece:
I just did the same as what Meliorah suggested after changing the above. Though you'd probably want to do set_combine(sets.precast.FC,{main="Daybreak"}) for the precast.
By gargurty 2019-09-14 05:22:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Got it working now :) seems i missed the part about ['Dispelga'].
 Bahamut.Agerine
Server: Bahamut
user: Agerine
By Bahamut.Agerine 2019-09-14 22:34:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Is it just me or is the Main first page of this Guide broken? all the images are showin up as lost.

Gear guides are still there but its all "Tiny Pics Broken LInk" stuff.
First Page 2 3 ... 53 54 55 ... 73 74 75