HELP WANTED: Lu Shang's F. Rod. Inquire Within.

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Servers » Bahamut » HELP WANTED: Lu Shang's F. rod. Inquire within.
HELP WANTED: Lu Shang's F. rod. Inquire within.
 Bahamut.Atrithk
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Atrithk
By Bahamut.Atrithk 2009-07-21 19:16:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I've decided to fish for Lu Shang's, and I was looking for some people to help me fish.
At 200 a day max(I would say 166 because of gold carp/monsters/items), it would take 50 days to reach 10000 moat carp.
6 days would be 996, assuming three stacks total of monsters, items, and gold carp. At most, this will take a week of fishing for about 5 hours a day.
My aim is to gather a few other people to fish to fatigue and send me the fish. At 3k gil a stack, 1000 fish will cost 250k gil.
As some people would know, you can easily fish 100k/day with Lu Shang's, meaning that once I get the rod, I can easily pay people back. To the point of this thread, I will pay people a relatively small payment to fish 1000 carp for me. Then, once I get Lu Shang's as a result of everyone's help, I will pay you even more as I fish it up.
I'm slightly low on gil at the moment, and I was planning on paying everyone 50k to start, then another 250k at the end, for a total of 300k(minus the price of bait from the original 50k, plus gold carp if you fish where gold carp are found).
At 50k a person, I can afford to hire 6 people(at the moment, trying to farm for more), and it will take a little more than a week to pay everyone back. If you have any questions, please post them here.
 Valefor.Suicidekingg
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Suicidekingg 2009-07-21 19:47:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Solid plan. I just dont think it will work. Odds are you are going to get ripped off. to find someone let alone 6ppl who have enuff free time to fish carp for you is hard enuff. they will just take your 50k and say thx. If had 5hr free time in game i could make 350k easily. Why would i fish for you?

Just my 2cents and i do wish u luck but the player base nowadays generaly has no integrity!
 Bahamut.Atrithk
By Bahamut.Atrithk 2009-07-21 19:51:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, that was what I was thinking would be the problem. They'd either take the money and go, or think I won't pay them afterwards and not try. :/
 Valefor.Suicidekingg
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Suicidekingg 2009-07-21 20:02:43
Link | Quote | Reply

if you have lots of time to play maybe try what my friend did. he made a mule and lvld it to 20 in like day and half. now he has 2 char he can fish fatigue with. then take that 250k and spend it on carp.

you will be well on the way doing that...
 Bahamut.Boodrow
user: Reeses
By Bahamut.Boodrow 2009-07-21 20:03:58
Link | Quote | Reply

You're better off just fishing for gil and saving your money. Then buy a Lu Shangs from a bazaar(Not AH). Then you'll get your money back.

It's way easier to fish up the gil and just buy the rod. Fishing up gil to buy carps, or fishing up the carps is not practical. Let the RMTs and mules do that grunt work.
 Bahamut.Atrithk
By Bahamut.Atrithk 2009-07-21 20:17:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I suppose I could just camp with friends around the NM that drops angel skin. There's someone who everyone expects to be at least botting there, so I can help with that...850k if I get it, too.